PDA

View Full Version : FU and UNC 2006

OL FU
June 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM
If this was already posted please forgive. I believe it has been discussed but is now official

Furman Football To Play North Carolina In 2006
Paladins Claimed 28-3 Win Over Tar Heels In Last Meeting In 1999

June 28, 2005

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Furman director of athletics Gary Clark announced today that the school will play the University of North Carolina in football in 2006.

Furman will play North Carolina on Sept. 16, 2006, in Chapel Hill. The Paladins defeated UNC 28-3 at Kenan Stadium in 1999 in the last meeting between the two schools.

"The recent change in NCAA legislation allowing the 12th game for NCAA I-A football playing schools continues to help us secure games like this against some of the most prominent programs in the country," said Clark in making the announcement on Tuesday. "It's been our longstanding goal at Furman to schedule a I-A opponent on an annual basis, and this allows us to fulfill that goal for the 2006 season. I'm confident we will secure other games like this in the future."

The addition of North Carolina to Furman's 2006 slate comes on the heels of last week's announcement that the Paladins would play Virginia Tech in 2008.

Furman also recently announced that it would play a home-and-home series versus Delaware beginning in 2008, in Greenville and in 2009, in Newark, and against Colgate in Hamilton, N.Y., in 2008 before entertaining the Raiders in Greenville during the 2010 campaign.

blueballs
June 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I didn't think there'd be any way in hell they'd play y'all again after that 1999 whooping y'all laid on 'em in Chappel Hill. Kudos to your AD for getting that matchup. Very nice.