PDA

View Full Version : 2015 College Gameday Predictions

Southern Bison
June 2nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
SBNation has unveiled their predictions of Colege Gameday locations for 2015. Once again, Fargo is on the list but perhaps not when you might think.

Is it when they host the Whouix? Nope...they want a better game to preview than that. Northern Iowa's helmet will sit opposite the defending champs' on the set per their prognostication.

http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2015/6/2/8702143/predicting-the-college-gameday-locations-for-the-2015-season

dewey
June 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
SBNation has unveiled their predictions of Colege Gameday locations for 2015. Once again, Fargo is on the list but perhaps not when you might think.

Is it when they host the Whouix? Nope...they want a better game to preview than that. Northern Iowa's helmet will sit opposite the defending champs' on the set per their prognostication.

http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2015/6/2/8702143/predicting-the-college-gameday-locations-for-the-2015-season

Three straight years in Fargo would be AWESOME!!

Here is a link in the comment section showing how many times ESPN College Gameday has been to each school.

http://www.makegamedayeveryday.com/newsfeed/2015/3/28/3418/how-many-times-has-espns-college-gameday-been-to-your-school

Dewey

GetEmGriz
June 2nd, 2015, 02:44 PM
I really can't complain about Fargo potentially getting College Gameday yet again since they have earned it (What would it be, the 3rd-straight year for college gameday?) with 4-straight NCs, but it would be nice to see it go to another venue if ESPN is actually looking to showcase the FCS and not just NDSU. My #1 vote would be Missoula for the FCS Kickoff opener. To me it makes the most sense as you've got two powers squaring off to start the season. NDSU vs Northern Iowa would be a very good choice too, but TV ratings would be much better with a Montana/NDSU matchup, and the atmosphere would be off the charts. ESPN knows Missoula puts on one of the best atmospheres at this level. It's a perfect opportunity to showcase the two most successful programs and the FCS.

centennial
June 2nd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Any game but ND. I am not so sure they visit, they are more concerned with the FBS killer tag and we don't have that this year.

dewey
June 2nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
I really can't complain about Fargo potentially getting College Gameday yet again since they have earned it (What would it be, the 3rd-straight year for college gameday?) with 4-straight NCs, but it would be nice to see it go to another venue if ESPN is actually looking to showcase the FCS and not just NDSU. My #1 vote would be Missoula for the FCS Kickoff opener. To me it makes the most sense as you've got two powers squaring off to start the season. NDSU vs Northern Iowa would be a very good choice too, but TV ratings would be much better with a Montana/NDSU matchup, and the atmosphere would be off the charts. ESPN knows Missoula puts on one of the best atmospheres at this level. It's a perfect opportunity to showcase the two most successful programs and the FCS.

To answer your question it would be the 3rd straight year. Other than Fargo IMHO Missoula would bethe next best place to host ESPN Colllege Gameday.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
June 2nd, 2015, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I really think they could have a great show if they went to Missoula on 8/23. Why not have a season preview show so they could still talk about the big boys for 80-90% of the time? They could have their picks segment be picking the major conference winners and the playoff teams. It would also generate some extra viewership for the NDSU/UM game itself if they would have College Gameday immediately preceding it.

BisonTru
June 2nd, 2015, 02:55 PM

I highly doubt ESPN would drag the whole college gameday crew and personalities to Missoula on a Saturday with only one college football game. It would be cool if they brought the college football live show to Missoula for a half hour/hour show before the game.

And I agree, if anyone in the FCS can match/beat Fargo's atmosphere it's Missoula.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 03:21 PM
I know it's good for the school and so forth but I'd be just fine with them never showing up here. Good luck to Fargo getting it again this year.

centennial
June 2nd, 2015, 04:02 PM
I know it's good for the school and so forth but I'd be just fine with them never showing up here. Good luck to Fargo getting it again this year.
What's your beef with them? It is a free advertisement for the city/state and the school.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 04:10 PM
What's your beef with them? It is a free advertisement for the city/state and the school.

Yeah, I know. Just don't care about the show at all. I'm fine without the advertisement and in fact would prefer to not have it.

BisonFan02
June 2nd, 2015, 05:49 PM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/0CF4C17320B244B1A406EFBD864991BB.jpg

FIFY :D xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 06:08 PM
that is funny as hell and dead on hey this posting by speaking into the phone it's pretty easy why does clenz have so much trouble with this??

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 06:14 PM
Other than punctuation that was easy. Man I'd hate to be doing on the phone all the time though...that is another get off my lawn type thing cuz it sucks.

Bisonoline
June 2nd, 2015, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I know. Just don't care about the show at all. I'm fine without the advertisement and in fact would prefer to not have it.

I love the fact its nothing but a week long infomercial for the Bison and NDSU. Other than that I could care less and wouldn't walk across the street to see it. I will be too bust tailgating.

BisonFan02
June 2nd, 2015, 06:50 PM
I love the fact its nothing but a week long infomercial for the Bison and NDSU. Other than that I could care less and wouldn't walk across the street to see it. I will be too bust tailgating.

See my previous "FIFY" xlolx

IBleedYellow
June 2nd, 2015, 09:39 PM
You old farts don't realize that many FBS forums and reddit all talk about and have weekly College Gameday threads where they discuss the show...It's huge with the people that care about football. Gets your brand out there more.

I'd say it's a huge deal, IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 11:17 PM
You old farts don't realize that many FBS forums and reddit all talk about and have weekly College Gameday threads where they discuss the show...It's huge with the people that care about football. Gets your brand out there more.

It may do all that. If you want to buy into all this slippery **** then feel free but it means very little to me. "Branding" and all the other buzzwords that have come along lately can seriously kiss my ass.

I'm just not looking to mimic/impress the big boys. It ain't my bag homey. I am just fine with no one outside our boundaries knowing jack **** about us or what we have. I mean if they want to know great but I just don't give a rats ass about the branding and advertisements and the manufactured hoopla.

Now, I apologize, I did not mean to set the thread astray with my wishing you guys all the luck in getting it and not wishing for us to have it. I just don't give a **** if Reddit talks about the college gameday...I ain't gonna be reading it. Hell I like Fargo and the NDSU fans and I didn't even watch those gamedays...saw a little bit posted here on it but that's it.

Bisonoline
June 2nd, 2015, 11:24 PM

Didn't say it wasn't huge. I just have no interest in being involved with it.

BisonFan02
June 2nd, 2015, 11:37 PM
It may do all that. If you want to buy into all this slippery **** then feel free but it means very little to me. "Branding" and all the other buzzwords that have come along lately can seriously kiss my ass.

I'm just not looking to mimic/impress the big boys. It ain't my bag homey. I am just fine with no one outside our boundaries knowing jack **** about us or what we have. I mean if they want to know great but I just don't give a rats ass about the branding and advertisements and the manufactured hoopla.

Now, I apologize, I did not mean to set the thread astray with my wishing you guys all the luck in getting it and not wishing for us to have it. I just don't give a **** if Reddit talks about the college gameday...I ain't gonna be reading it. Hell I like Fargo and the NDSU fans and I didn't even watch those gamedays...saw a little bit posted here on it but that's it.

I will say this though...it was definitely a recruiting tool and helped push a few towards the "win" column for NDSU. *insert obligatory "that shouldn't be the reason!" dig*

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 11:46 PM
I will say this though...it was definitely a recruiting tool and helped push a few towards the "win" column for NDSU. *insert obligatory "that shouldn't be the reason!" dig*

If it helps good on ya. I'm sure it doesn't hurt. That is probably one of a few good reasons I could see...and I still don't give a ....never mind.

My favorite thing would be that Gameday wanted to come to Missoula and the University just said to them "Don't worry about it, we're good". I really liked your FIFY though, that was good stuff. It is exactly what I'd like for a response to thm. xlolx