PDA

View Full Version : SFA Announces 2007 Schedule

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 07:56 PM
SFA Football Releases 2007 Slate
Lumberjacks open season Sept. 1 at home against Tarleton State
Nov. 20, 2006

NACOGDOCHES - Despite the fact that the Lumberjacks' 2006 season ended less than a week ago, Stephen F. Austin head coach Robert McFarland, and his staff, are already looking ahead to the upcoming season. SFA released its 2007 schedule announced McFarland Monday afternoon. The slate includes five home contests and non-conference trips to North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

Stephen F Austin
9/1 Tarleton State
9/8 @ North Dakota St
9/22 Western Illinois
9/29 @ South Dakota St
10/6 @ Southeastern Louisiana
10/13 Nicholls State
10/20 @ Texas State
10/27 Sam Houston State
11/3 McNeese State
11/10 @ Central Arkansas
11/17 @ Northwestern State

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112006aaa.html

th0m
November 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Wow, certainly not the easiest of OOC schedules. SDSU, NDSU, WIU and a DII.

At least no I-A's!

McNeese75
November 20th, 2006, 08:42 PM
yoooooooo USD Take a look at what a real schedule should look like :nod:

Damn, the Jacks are going to pile up some FF miles on those trips to the Dakotas.

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 09:31 PM
SHSU fans aren't too thrilled with having to go to both SFA and TXST in the same season as we're projecting right now...

Two of our top rivals on the road, no bueno...unless TXST is coming back to H'ville in 2007 and we're going to McN...

bobbythekidd
November 20th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Didn't waste anytime getting this together!

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 09:40 PM

If you have it, may as well announce it!

Road Ralph needs to set up his itinerary and the Terror needs to figure out how many games he can go to next season! :hurray:

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 09:42 PM
SFA made their annual stupid decision...

SFA will open its longest homestand of the season Saturday, Oct. 27, to face rival Sam Houston State for Homecoming.

Homecoming means lack of flexibility (namely move from Saturday to Thursday) for SFA scheduling, meaning the game will more than likely not be televised...

Secondly, SFA is guaranteed a good crowd when SHSU comes to town. They'd be better off having Homecoming against Nicholls St when the Colonels won't travel well to Nacogdoches, guaranteeing two good crowds presumably, if the SFA folks show up for their Homecoming...

slycat
November 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
SHSU fans aren't too thrilled with having to go to both SFA and TXST in the same season as we're projecting right now...

Two of our top rivals on the road, no bueno...unless TXST is coming back to H'ville in 2007 and we're going to McN...

id rather see yall in san marcos. i dont liek out odds two years in a row in huntsville.

lets see if sfa can get there stuff together and beat tarleton st. they arent all that bad of a DII team and they travel well.

SDSU is getting 2 slc teams next year. i think we are returning our home-home up there.

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2006, 07:16 AM
I really hope you folks come to Huntsville. I would not like and I know many share this with me, two games on the road against the two top rivals (in football) that we have in the conference. Split'em up!

Bring the 'Cats back to H'ville! :)

Would also hate to close the year with two road trips considering we're traveling to SELA the week before and one would assume TXST would be our season finale still...

igo4uni
November 21st, 2006, 07:52 AM
SFA Football Releases 2007 Slate
Lumberjacks open season Sept. 1 at home against Tarleton State
Nov. 20, 2006

NACOGDOCHES - Despite the fact that the Lumberjacks' 2006 season ended less than a week ago, Stephen F. Austin head coach Robert McFarland, and his staff, are already looking ahead to the upcoming season. SFA released its 2007 schedule announced McFarland Monday afternoon. The slate includes five home contests and non-conference trips to North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

Stephen F Austin
9/1 Tarleton State
9/8 @ North Dakota St
9/22 Western Illinois
9/29 @ South Dakota St
10/6 @ Southeastern Louisiana
10/13 Nicholls State
10/20 @ Texas State
10/27 Sam Houston State
11/3 McNeese State
11/10 @ Central Arkansas
11/17 @ Northwestern State

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112006aaa.html

9-8, 9-22, and 9-29 is a very tough stretch.

Not to mention the conference schedule.

gokats85
November 21st, 2006, 08:18 AM

Why are we going to Nacanowhere for a second consecutive year? :confused:

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2006, 08:22 AM

As noted before...

The addition of UCA to the conference has altered the schedules some. I'm not sure why they couldn't just keep things intact and add UCA to everyone's schedule, either home or away, since everyone already had three home and three road, but this is why it happened...

They've altered the conference's schedules before when teams have been added...which is why you don't see 'A' and 'H' pattern throughout the history of some of our rivalries in the SLC...

UCABEARS75
November 21st, 2006, 08:50 AM
As noted before...

The addition of UCA to the conference has altered the schedules some. I'm not sure why they couldn't just keep things intact and add UCA to everyone's schedule, either home or away, since everyone already had three home and three road, but this is why it happened...

They've altered the conference's schedules before when teams have been added...which is why you don't see 'A' and 'H' pattern throughout the history of some of our rivalries in the SLC...

There you go TT, blame it all on us. We can take it.

Spooney-Cat
November 21st, 2006, 09:01 AM

Well.......it is the truth. :)

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2006, 09:04 AM

It happens each go with additions/subtractions...

You guys are a great addition to our conference. I've already made comparisons to UCA being the next NDSU. You guys better not make me eat my words! :bang:

JDC325
November 21st, 2006, 09:35 AM

Ours will be announced right before the first game as usual!! We usually learn who is on our schedule by other teams our AD loves to keep everything to himself.
:bang:

McNeese75
November 21st, 2006, 11:28 AM
Ours will be announced right before the first game as usual!! We usually learn who is on our schedule by other teams our AD loves to keep everything to himself.
:bang:

xlolx Sounds like ours :D

SFA 71
November 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
away from the prisons & prisoners for a while.
Did you mean Nac-A-Now-Here -We- Are -Again!
Pretty funny stuff for a guy from Hunt-em-down-again-warden-ville?:thumbsup:

SFA 71
November 21st, 2006, 10:53 PM
SFA made their annual stupid decision...

SFA will open its longest homestand of the season Saturday, Oct. 27, to face rival Sam Houston State for Homecoming.

Homecoming means lack of flexibility (namely move from Saturday to Thursday) for SFA scheduling, meaning the game will more than likely not be televised...

Secondly, SFA is guaranteed a good crowd when SHSU comes to town. They'd be better off having Homecoming against Nicholls St when the Colonels won't travel well to Nacogdoches, guaranteeing two good crowds presumably, if the SFA folks show up for their Homecoming...

you make it back to East Texas from New Orleans for anyones homecoming, much less SFAs. As I recollect, from being at SFA's homecoming this year, the crowd from McNeese wasn't too small & the fans were certainly a lot better behaved & friendly then the riff-raff from samboland were a couple of years ago. It doesn't seem that playing on Thursday night is going to improve the attendance as was apparent when the sambos played UCA on TV on a Thursday night this year. Seems to me that the sambos weren't there supporting shs very well either. :thumbsup: .