PDA

View Full Version : Ranking The SoCon LBs

SU DOG
May 28th, 2015, 10:38 PM
SoConJohn keeps us from boredom with another list, however, several mistakes are evident from the get-go. Justin Cooper who tops the list at the end of the article is a Samford player, and not a UTC Moc. Our Bobby Wilson deserves the praise, but unfortunately I think his injury has ended his career. There is also no mention of our talented xfer Aaron Harris, who has enrolled and gone through spring training.

https://medium.com/@SoConJohn22/socon-football-2015-ranking-the-linebackers-3b80407e9b0c

PaladinFan
May 30th, 2015, 06:38 AM
SoCon John tends to make a call on which players to analyze, and that is generally those guys that were on the roster last season.

PaladinNation
May 30th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Most of us (Paladin Fans) expect to see Furman play some three linebacker sets this season.
Magwood 6-2 228, Rider 6-2 220, and Johnson 6-1 221 should be a pretty physical, and active linebacking corps.
I'd be foolish to say that Furman LB corps is the best hands down, but if they all say healthy as a unit they could be a very disruptive unit.

Coach Fowler knows linebackers, interesting that all three were under the radar recruits. The question mark for 2015 is depth since Warren and Minter will probably move to DE.
If true freshmen Washington and Voyles come to camp ready to play, wouldn't surprise me to see both get PT in 2015.

PaladinFan
May 30th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Most of us (Paladin Fans) expect to see Furman play some three linebacker sets this season.
Magwood 6-2 228, Rider 6-2 220, and Johnson 6-1 221 should be a pretty physical, and active linebacking corps.
I'd be foolish to say that Furman LB corps is the best hands down, but if they all say healthy as a unit they could be a very disruptive unit.

Coach Fowler knows linebackers, interesting that all three were under the radar recruits. The question mark for 2015 is depth since Warren and Minter will probably move to DE.
If true freshmen Washington and Voyles come to camp ready to play, wouldn't surprise me to see both get PT in 2015.

This is the first time since perhaps 2005 that I think Furman will run out three true linebackers. Glad to see that back as part of the defense.

Coach Gillenwater had a history of 4-4 defenses at James Madison. I'm interested to see whether Furman runs out a four linebacker set. Paladins have a couple "tweeter" type linebackers like Washington and Minter that could play an OLB and be an effective pass rusher and extra linebacker.