20. RICHMOND

21. EASTERN KENTUCKY

22. HARVARD

23. WESTERN CAROLINA

24. CAL POLY

25. INDIANA STATE

Model Citizen
May 26th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Fine and dandy. But what we really want to know is their predictions for the PFL. xeyebrowx

Nickels
May 26th, 2015, 03:07 PM
16. MCNEESE STATE

SFA & SELA look better than McNeese at this point. How is McNeese ranked and they aren't? How many years straight has McNeese been ranked in the preseason only to finish near the middle of the conference? Lazy poll.

knucklehead
May 26th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I think TSN's Craig Haley does this ranking. At least that's what I thought I read on the Twitter.

The Cats
May 27th, 2015, 08:47 PM
1. NORTH DAKOTA STATE

2. ILLINOIS STATE
3. SAM HOUSTON STATE
4. JACKSONVILLE STATE

5. VILLANOVA

6. EASTERN WASHINGTON

7. COASTAL CAROLINA
8. CHATTANOOGA
9. NEW HAMPSHIRE
10. YOUNGSTOWN STATE
11. NORTHERN IOWA
12. LIBERTY

13. MONTANA STATE

14. JAMES MADISON
15. EASTERN ILLINOIS

16. MCNEESE STATE

17. MONTANA

18. IDAHO STATE

19. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

20. RICHMOND

21. EASTERN KENTUCKY

22. HARVARD

23. WESTERN CAROLINA

24. CAL POLY

25. INDIANA STATE

23. WESTERN CAROLINA

catamount man
May 27th, 2015, 10:05 PM
23. WESTERN CAROLINA Woohoo! I just want to be ranked when the season is finished. GO CATS!

lionsrking2
May 27th, 2015, 11:02 PM
SFA & SELA look better than McNeese at this point. How is McNeese ranked and they aren't? How many years straight has McNeese been ranked in the preseason only to finish near the middle of the conference? Lazy poll.

I'll leave rankings to others but I think we'll be better than last year, especially on defense. Offense will be different without Bennett, but we'll still be plenty good enough to complement our defense.

BEAR
May 27th, 2015, 11:11 PM
As much as I think our defense was bad last year it can only improve. If SFA gets ranked then UCA better be ranked right alongside them. All the tough conference games at home. C'mon now. McNeese that high?

Catatonic
May 28th, 2015, 05:12 AM
As much as I think our defense was bad last year it can only improve. If SFA gets ranked then UCA better be ranked right alongside them. All the tough conference games at home. C'mon now. McNeese that high?

Massey has Sam, SELA, Northwestern LA, and UCA in its top 25. No Southland team in the top 10 though.

McNeese72
May 28th, 2015, 08:01 AM
I, for one, don't think McNeese should be ranked now. We should have to prove we are worthy as the season progresses.

Doc

BEAR
May 28th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I, for one, don't think McNeese should be ranked now. We should have to prove we are worthy as the season progresses.

Doc

Sam and SELA should be ranked. Will they stay that way? Who knows.
UCA, SFA and McNeese next looking just from the outside.
All others...no idea.

McNeese75
May 28th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Sam and SELA should be ranked. Will they stay that way? Who knows.
UCA, SFA and McNeese next looking just from the outside.
All others...no idea.

McNeese should not be ranked but I'm not convinced SELA should be ranked either regardless what they say. An offense without Bennett is a whole different game (and not a better one).

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
May 28th, 2015, 04:30 PM

Doc

Not to bash but ^this^,

I've been consistently excited to see them play and then they have fallen apart as the season has progressed. Hope they can stay healthy and consistently play well. Maybe would have been better for them to start off not ranked and play with a chip on their shoulder.

Silenoz
May 28th, 2015, 04:36 PM
If the day comes that freaking Idaho State and Western Carolina are ranked ahead of the Griz, we may as well just detonate WaGriz and start over from scratch. No excuse

Well it could be worse. We could be Delaware.

McNeese75
May 28th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Not to bash but ^this^,

I've been consistently excited to see them play and then they have fallen apart as the season has progressed. Hope they can stay healthy and consistently play well. Maybe would have been better for them to start off not ranked and play with a chip on their shoulder.

xlolx That ain't bashing, Its fricking reality for us.

FormerPokeCenter
May 28th, 2015, 10:04 PM
There is absolutely no reason for us to be ranked.....at all....I could understand an inclusion in "others receiving votes"....but #16?

WTF???

Daytripper
May 29th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Must be raining in Louisiana with all these McNeese sandbags piling up...:)

FormerPokeCenter
May 29th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Must be raining in Louisiana with all these McNeese sandbags piling up...:)

It's been pointed out earlier in the thread that McNeese has underperformed for many years now....coincidentally, our more realistic fans have said that we've been ranked too high when - in fact - we have, as borne out by the results.

Just because we're realistic, it doesn't mean we're sandbagging ;)

Sam_Kats
May 29th, 2015, 10:12 AM
McNeese = 2015 Southland Football Champs

parr90
May 29th, 2015, 10:22 AM
If the day comes that freaking Idaho State and Western Carolina are ranked ahead of the Griz, we may as well just detonate WaGriz and start over from scratch. No excuse

Well it could be worse. We could be Delaware.

Call me dumb but what is going on with Deleware? I think I heard some negative news but cant remember.

FormerPokeCenter
May 29th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Damnit Doc....you're like the little boy who cried wolf....

Now that the wolf finally IS here, nobody freakin believes us!

Silenoz
May 29th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Call me dumb but what is going on with Deleware? I think I heard some negative news but cant remember.

They went from being good to being on the "good once every 5 years" plan to being on the "good every ???? years" plan. While self-destructing their own fanbase

http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/delaware.htm

MR. CHICKEN
May 29th, 2015, 11:52 AM
.....AN' CHASED UH PERFECTLAH GREAT HEAD COACH....DOWN TA DUH PRAIRIE....xbawlingx.....xcoolx.....AWK!

McNeese72
May 29th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Damnit Doc....you're like the little boy who cried wolf....

Now that the wolf finally IS here, nobody freakin believes us!

Hey, I've been right in the past. Our recent history shows us running out of gas (players?) going down the stretch in conference play. I'm just hoping for just one year where we finish the season with most of the team that we started the season with.