PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Season Title Game

SUPharmacist
May 25th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Who do you have playing for the title this coming season? Myself no clue, but I am curious what everyone thinks.

344Johnson
May 25th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Illinois State v. Some random team.

Illinois State the champion.

Nickels
May 25th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Bearkats vs Bison

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2015, 03:57 PM
NDSU vs SHSU

BisonTru
May 25th, 2015, 04:28 PM
NDSU vs. Coastal Carolina

catamount man
May 25th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Bison vs somebody. GO CATS!

zilla
May 25th, 2015, 04:41 PM
NDSU vs. Coastal Carolina

Yep

dewey
May 25th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I would guess.

NDSU versus Villanova

Dewey

taper
May 25th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Depends on the brackets. NDSU, SHSU, CCU, Nova, ISUr all have a realistic shot at the finals. Some may fall by injuries, etc. Some may rise. This is why I love the playoffs.

I believe Georgia Southern was better than SHSU in 2011 and 2012, but the bracket put them against NDSU in the semis instead of the finals.

chattownmocs
May 25th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Byzun vs mocs

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 25th, 2015, 09:14 PM
I really like Villanova this year. They need to replace some key people but I have to believe Talley and Co. will be EXTREMELY motivated after the way the season ended.

Robertson is a beast but he needs a little more help if he wants to make it through the season healthy. I'll be interested to see how Talley handles the offense this year.

I think the Griz are going to be really good too. If the Bobcats can find a D they'll be in the mix. Prokup is the best QB they've had since Lulu imo. Then of course they'll be NDSU. The winner of the NDSU-Montana game will have be in-line for a Top 2 seed which is huge...

UncleBuck
May 26th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Bison vs Bison.

North Dakota State Bison vs Bucknell Bison.

Just to hear the announcers have to say Bizon and Bison when referring to the two teams.

But for real . . . North Dakota State vs Villanova.

MR. CHICKEN
May 26th, 2015, 07:06 AM
....SPORTIN' NEWS......ALREADY TOLD US.......#1 VS #2......xcoolx....AWK!

knucklehead
May 26th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I'm dreaming of a Liberty vs Coastal NC game! Hey, we are all speculating, right?

Sam_Kats
May 26th, 2015, 04:56 PM
CCU vs Kats

centennial
May 26th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Heart-
NDSU vs Illinois State
Head-
Any of these teams-
NDSU
ISU red
Villanova
SHSU
CCU
Chatt

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2015, 05:16 PM
not sure if the Mvfc is still in the Fcs. division getting a little top heavy for it's own good.

WTFCollegefootballfan
May 26th, 2015, 05:24 PM
NDSU vs SHSU

centennial
May 26th, 2015, 05:32 PM
not sure if the Mvfc is still in the Fcs. division getting a little top heavy for it's own good.
Not sure if your MVFC statements have sarcasm in them..What happened to Delaware?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2015, 05:33 PM
The first game of the year and the last game of the year will feature the same two teams and the teams will split the games.

Here's to NDSU winning in Missoula again!

Bisonator
May 26th, 2015, 06:55 PM
The first game of the year and the last game of the year will feature the same two teams and the teams will split the games.

Here's to NDSU winning in Missoula again!

I see what you did there!xnonox

My best guess at this point would have to be NDSU vs ISUr again but who knows how the season will play out. I just want FB season to be here already!

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Not sure if your MVFC statements have sarcasm in them..What happened to Delaware?

just a hint of both truth and sarcasm.... the FCS has become the MVFC and some side dishes...

Sammy94
May 27th, 2015, 10:15 AM
What happened to Delaware?

Their coach moved to Texas and has another team now a top contender. :D

REDBIRD FAN 77
May 27th, 2015, 10:45 AM
ISUR VS NDSU

dewey
May 27th, 2015, 11:22 AM
ISUR VS NDSU

As long as it is the same result as last yearxthumbsupx

Dewey

Professor Chaos
May 27th, 2015, 06:25 PM
I think it's likely NDSU and Illinois St are one the same side of the bracket if both are seeded this year so I don't think that will be the matchup in Frisco.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 27th, 2015, 08:22 PM

I'm calling it now. SHSU beats Texas Tech in their first game. Tech had 4 wins against Central Arkansas, UTEP, Kansas and Iowa State.....not strong teams there.

SHSU will be 11-0 or 10-1

Bearkats94
May 27th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I'm calling it now. SHSU beats Texas Tech in their first game. Tech had 4 wins against Central Arkansas, UTEP, Kansas and Iowa State.....not strong teams there.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Daytripper
May 29th, 2015, 08:12 AM

xsalutex or xcrazyx not sure which one....

Sammy94
May 29th, 2015, 08:15 AM
xsalutex or xcrazyx not sure which one....

IF and that is a big one, we beat Tech 11-0, 10-1 is very possible. Would be great to play every playoff game in Texas in 2015.

caribbeanhen
May 29th, 2015, 08:22 AM
dont know who will be playing on Finals but Sammy fans smug o meter is off the charts

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
May 29th, 2015, 01:26 PM
As strong as the Bearkats finished last year I could see them beating Tech. Another year for their team to mesh. Looking forward to the game. Love watching the FCS embarrass lower quality FBS teams.

344Johnson
May 29th, 2015, 01:32 PM
As strong as the Bearkats finished last year I could see them beating Tech. Another year for their team to mesh. Looking forward to the game. Love watching the FCS embarrass lower quality FBS teams.

How do you feel when you see low quality FBS win handily?

thebootfitter
May 29th, 2015, 05:17 PM
How do you feel when you see low quality FBS win handily?
Against a higher quality FCS team? Embarrassed. Against a run-o-the-mill or low-end FCS team? Meh.

caribbeanhen
May 30th, 2015, 06:43 AM

One thing about K.C. Keeler, he's smart enough to realize he needs layers and layers of talent to camouflage his very mediocre coaching abilities.

centennial
May 30th, 2015, 12:36 PM
One thing about K.C. Keeler, he's smart enough to realize he needs layers and layers of talent to camouflage his very mediocre coaching abilities.
That might be true but SHSU is a serious contender. On the other hand Dave Brock is a below average coach, I would call him a downgrade on KC.

Sammy94
May 30th, 2015, 10:30 PM
KC will love Texas' talent pool if that is truly the case. He must be one helluva recruiter because he has a pretty good overall W-L coaching record for very mediocre.

FUBeAR
May 31st, 2015, 12:29 AM
Undefeated Mercer beats 1 loss Furman by 1 point.

Hey, a man can have a dream, can't he?

Southern Bison
May 31st, 2015, 10:32 AM
Drawing off playoff experience is going to help the Bison return to South Fargo, TX for the 5th time. I see the Chanticleers or Villanova making their debut from the other side of the bracket.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2015, 11:56 AM
Drawing off playoff experience is going to help the Bison return to South Fargo, TX for the 5th time. I see the Chanticleers or Villanova making their debut from the other side of the bracket.

Villanova won the title in 2009.

Southern Bison
May 31st, 2015, 12:40 PM
True...but it would be their first trip to Frisco.

katstrapper
June 1st, 2015, 07:20 AM

Kats started 1-3 in 2014 that included a 56-0 azz whipping to LSU and a 47-21 loss at home to DII Colorado St-Pueblo. From that point, Kats went 10-2 the remainder of the season with 2 playoff wins on the road (knocked off #3 JSU and #6 Villanova) to make it to the FCS Semi-Finals. Not to forget, Kats had a new coaching staff, new offense to digest, a shaky defense and only 2 seniors.

And you want to say that KCK's coaching ability is MEDIOCRE?

Sam_Kats
June 1st, 2015, 08:41 AM
I'd only recruit guys with ZERO stars just so bitter Delaware fans could see I'm a good coach.

McNeese75
June 1st, 2015, 08:56 AM

I agree the Kats will have a great year, but I doubt they will beat Tech. Beating a major conference foe (along with the damn Missouri Valley) is one of those barriers that the SLC teams just cannot seem to get over. Sometimes close, but no cigar every damn time.

Sammy94
June 1st, 2015, 11:02 AM
I agree the Kats will have a great year, but I doubt they will beat Tech.

I drink lots of orange Kool-Aid but I agree, Tech isn't New Mexico. Tech is still a top 50 program. But......there is that slight possibility it could happen.

McNeese75
June 1st, 2015, 11:29 AM
I drink lots of orange Kool-Aid but I agree, Tech isn't New Mexico. Tech is still a top 50 program. But......there is that slight possibility it could happen.

Absolutely

Bisonoline
June 2nd, 2015, 12:49 AM
Doesn't make any difference whos in the game. I am going anyway. last year of the 3 year ticket package and I love the restaurants down there!

Daytripper
June 2nd, 2015, 09:05 AM
Doesn't make any difference whos in the game. I am going anyway. last year of the 3 year ticket package and I love the restaurants down there!

I will continue to go every year also. Although it is a much shorter trip for me than for you.

KPSUL
June 2nd, 2015, 12:10 PM
If NDSU gets the 1st or 2nd seed they'll be back again. They look stronger at this point than last season. The second team? SHSU, Chattanooga or ISUr; depending on who gets the most favorable playoff position.

centennial
June 2nd, 2015, 01:34 PM
If NDSU gets the 1st or 2nd seed they'll be back again. They look stronger at this point than last season. The second team? SHSU, Chattanooga or ISUr; depending on who gets the most favorable playoff position.
Our defense is replacing quite a bit however offense has the potential to be the best ever. Add to the fact we will be doing a lot more checks at the line(pro style NFL like), so I expect us to have a better O than 2013 undefeated team. If our D line does well then we should be the favorites.

Bisonoline
June 2nd, 2015, 07:42 PM
I will continue to go every year also. Although it is a much shorter trip for me than for you.

I live in northern AR so its actually one of the shortest trips I make.:D

When I was bass fishing this March in TX I met an alum of SHSU who was the father of the nose guard who played when we played you in our first meeting. His son saw my shirt and said--man that sure is an ugly shirt. We all broke out laughing. Had a great visit and great football conversation. People down there are passionate about their football.

Daytripper
June 3rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
I live in northern AR so its actually one of the shortest trips I make.:D

When I was bass fishing this March in TX I met an alum of SHSU who was the father of the nose guard who played when we played you in our first meeting. His son saw my shirt and said--man that sure is an ugly shirt. We all broke out laughing. Had a great visit and great football conversation. People down there are passionate about their football.

Didn't notice you were from Arkansas. That is a cool story, and yes, we do love our football down here. And trust me, regardless of the good-natured ribbing, the Bison get the respect they are due amongst knowledgeable fans down here.

344Johnson
June 3rd, 2015, 09:58 AM

Never had a bad experience with food there.

Nickels
June 3rd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Never had a bad experience with food there.
It's good but believe it or not it doesn't even come close to Houston's food scene. It's one of the few things this city does right. You Canadians should make the trip down 45 one day.

caribbeanhen
June 3rd, 2015, 07:05 PM
I'd only recruit guys with ZERO stars just so bitter Delaware fans could see I'm a good coach.

KC left with a whimper, I heard many left that 2012 Villanova game in disgust as well... Delaware was dominated and Keelers team quit. Keeler better off for getting fired, I give him credit, as the head coach he knew it was about talent first - Hall, Flacco, Devlin, what more evidence do you need?

had trouble beating the good CAA Teams and was just over .500 without Flacco, Hall and Devlin
in fact Andy T begged Delaware to keep Keeler

Nickels
June 3rd, 2015, 09:31 PM
KC left with a whimper, I heard many left that 2012 Villanova game in disgust as well... Delaware was dominated and Keelers team quit. Keeler better off for getting fired, I give him credit, as the head coach he knew it was about talent first - Hall, Flacco, Devlin, what more evidence do you need?

had trouble beating the good CAA Teams and was just over .500 without Flacco, Hall and Devlin
in fact Andy T begged Delaware to keep Keeler
So it seems it worked out better for everyone in the end....well except UD football. Program is pathetic now...

McNeese75
June 3rd, 2015, 09:47 PM
So it seems it worked out better for everyone in the end....well except UD football. Program is pathetic now...

Well, maybe not so much for the rest of the SLC xlolx

Grizalltheway
June 4th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I really like Villanova this year. They need to replace some key people but I have to believe Talley and Co. will be EXTREMELY motivated after the way the season ended.

Robertson is a beast but he needs a little more help if he wants to make it through the season healthy. I'll be interested to see how Talley handles the offense this year.

I think the Griz are going to be really good too. If the Bobcats can find a D they'll be in the mix. Prokup is the best QB they've had since Lulu imo. Then of course they'll be NDSU. The winner of the NDSU-Montana game will have be in-line for a Top 2 seed which is huge...

I like your optimism, and we certainly won't be short on talent, but I'm still taking a wait and see approach to this season. The second season under Pflugrad was pretty darn good, but the first season was...forgettable. Just too many unknowns at this point for me.

Grizalltheway
June 4th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Villanova won the title in 2009.

Do we really need to talk about that? xnonox

WestCoastAggie
June 4th, 2015, 10:08 PM
New Hampshire vs. North Dakota State

I hope this sticks... xpeacex

Catsfan90
June 6th, 2015, 12:33 AM
New Hampshire vs. North Dakota State

I hope this sticks... xpeacex
I hope this rematch happens in my lifetime.

IBleedYellow
June 6th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I hope this rematch happens in my lifetime.
I'd be down for another 52-14 Bison victory.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2015, 09:42 AM
I'd be down for another 52-14 Bison victory.

Yeah, I don't know why they'd be so enthusiastic for a rematch.

SUPharmacist
June 6th, 2015, 11:49 AM

If the positions were reversed I would be hoping for a rematch. Have to show that previous game was an anomaly. I know I am excited for the UNI game this year despite the ugly outcome last year.

clenz
June 6th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Are you excited for a chance at revenge against UNI....or are you leas enthusiastic about another 3 score beat down?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
June 6th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Are you excited for a chance at revenge against UNI....or are you leas enthusiastic about another 3 score beat down?

Isn't this the stuff you usually accuse me of? Oh well.

I'd love a chance with a 100% Carson Wentz, which wasn't the case last November.

Thundar
June 6th, 2015, 01:02 PM
EWU because they have a an all world QB

UNI because they beat NDSU last year so by default shouldnt they be in it this year??

Grizalltheway
June 6th, 2015, 02:33 PM

Umm.....

centennial
June 6th, 2015, 02:36 PM

UNI because they beat NDSU last year so by default shouldnt they be in it this year??

Vernon Adams transferred to Oregon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 6th, 2015, 05:35 PM

Not this year bud!

UNI has a lot of unknowns heading into '15.

dewey
June 6th, 2015, 11:29 PM

I would be more than happy to lose to UNI again if the season ends in ANOTHER national championshipxthumbsupx

Dewey

Catsfan90
June 7th, 2015, 12:18 AM

Obviously because it was such a difficult game to watch. I would love to see a better matchup in the future, that's why we are all enthusiastic for it. NDSU is consistently the best team in the FCS. Plus I hear that you guys provided our fans with great hospitality and I would be honored to return the favor with some local food.

caribbeanhen
June 7th, 2015, 08:35 AM

the sad thing is not to many Hen fans left to argue that, they are selling us on "building the right way" and recruting....

all I want is a few transfers...... but one has to wonder about your coach after what he did to Delaware..... just remember, talent hides his warts but at least he's smart enough to know his Limitations (thanks Clint) not sure if our current coach is smart enough to know his

HailSzczur
June 7th, 2015, 10:40 AM
ISUr vs Nova

Thundar
June 7th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Umm.....

Vernon Adams transferred to Oregon.

Turn the sarcasm meters back on guys......

Thundar
June 7th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Obviously because it was such a difficult game to watch. I would love to see a better matchup in the future, that's why we are all enthusiastic for it. NDSU is consistently the best team in the FCS. Plus I hear that you guys provided our fans with great hospitality and I would be honored to return the favor with some local food.

I would be in favor of a trip out

Also you'll be hard pressed to find fans of opposing teams that didn't get treated good....of course there are examples to the contrary but I doubt many

Catsfan90
June 7th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I would be in favor of a trip out

Also you'll be hard pressed to find fans of opposing teams that didn't get treated good....of course there are examples to the contrary but I doubt many
Mehh, everywhere has its bad apples. You can't judge the entire fan base off the actions of a few jerks.