PDA

View Full Version : Opening round TV games?

soweagle
November 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry if this is posted already but are any of the games on national tv this weekend? Also, will there be a Friday night game this weekend as they have done before to accomodate ESPN?

JMU2004
November 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
JMU @ YSU 7:30pm Sat on ESPN2/ESPN2HD

CCU at ASU on ESPNU

November 21st, 2006, 12:32 AM
What are the other TV listings for the opening round of the D-I Football Championship?

UMass922
November 21st, 2006, 01:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken, JMU-Youngstown will be going up against USC-Notre Dame on Saturday night. So much for this being a "showcase" game for I-AA/CS. No one's going to see it.

Keeper
November 21st, 2006, 02:19 AM
I will definitely be watching both games,
particularly 2nd half of JMU/YSU.

Got a feeling that USC/ND will be a
blowout by half anyway.

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2006, 04:12 AM
Lafayette & UMass will be on CN8 (Comcast home channel).

Mr. C
November 21st, 2006, 06:01 AM
If I'm not mistaken, JMU-Youngstown will be going up against USC-Notre Dame on Saturday night. So much for this being a "showcase" game for I-AA/CS. No one's going to see it.
JMU-YSU will be a better TV game, IMO. I hate watching Notre Dame. Yuk.

igo4uni
November 21st, 2006, 07:41 AM
No one's going to see it.

I'm going to see it. :hurray: :hurray:

UMass922
November 21st, 2006, 10:37 AM

Any chance that game's going to be available online?

Dukie95
November 21st, 2006, 10:42 AM
Any chance that game's going to be available online?

Sure. I would assume it is, since CN8 broadcasts online 24/7

UMass922
November 21st, 2006, 10:43 AM
Sure. I would assume it is, since CN8 broadcasts online 24/7

Ah, excellent. Thanks.

Black and Gold Express
November 21st, 2006, 10:54 AM
I thought CSTV was supposed to be taking on some playoff games. Whatever happened to that? Or are their contracts with C-USA and MWC already filling up those spots?

ESPN Gameplan picks up all of next week's action (with one game on ESPN2 I think), and it's ESPN2 the rest of the way.

MplsBison
November 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Got a feeling that USC/ND will be a
blowout by half anyway.

I'd actually prefer that ND won.

USC is the only team that has a chance to catch Michigan in the BCS.

Even if Florida beats FSU and Ark., they aren't going to the BCS championship game.

And Notre Dame isn't going even if they beat USC because they lost to Michigan.

The only team that really seems to control it's own destiny, should USC lose, would be Ark. if they somehow beat both LSU and Florida in consecutive weeks. Of course, that won't happen.

Then with a rematch of Michigan and OSU in the title game, we'll never hear the end of it as far as BCS backlash.

A playoff ball will definitely be rolling. At least I can hope, anyway.

rcny46
November 21st, 2006, 12:08 PM

I'll see it.The hell with the ND-USC game.

LacesOut
November 21st, 2006, 12:17 PM

I'll be at a sports bar, where both games should be shown. So I'll get to see them both. But I know what you are trying to say. Not too smart to put this game on at that time. Oh well, it's not like we the fans make these types of decisions.

C'mon JMU and USC!!

mcveyrl
November 21st, 2006, 12:42 PM
Then with a rematch of Michigan and OSU in the title game, we'll never hear the end of it as far as BCS backlash.

A playoff ball will definitely be rolling. At least I can hope, anyway.

Agreed. Plus I like Michigan.

The worst possible thing that could happen is for the computers to align so that the winner of the SEC Championship plays the winner of OSU-Michigan or the winner of USC/ND plays the winner.

Then the argument would be "we did have a playoff, see." All of a sudden BCS playoff talk goes back 5 years. Of course, I think the fact that they RENAMED the division pretty much seals its fate anyway.

UMass922
November 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
But I know what you are trying to say. Not too smart to put this game on at that time. Oh well, it's not like we the fans make these types of decisions.

Correct; that's all I meant. Of course we AGSers are going to watch the I-AA/CS game. But the chance of getting the typical football fan to take a peak at the JMU-YSU game is now zero. Kind of defeats the point of having a showcase/feature prime-time game on national TV between two of the division's best teams. It's a very poor decision as far as marketing the product goes. They should have put this game on Friday night.

And of course, for what it's worth, we all know that the highest rated I-AA/CS game on TV this weekend is going to be, by far, the Grambling-Southern Bayou Classic game--not any of the playoff games. Not that that's a bad thing, necessarily. It's just kind of awkward that the greatest national visibility/exposure that the division gets is via its teams that don't even participate in the very Championship that gives the CS its name. Harvard-Yale also probably had a higher national TV rating than any of the playoff games are likely to get.

November 21st, 2006, 01:42 PM
... a higher national TV rating than any of the playoff games are likely to get.I think the Division I Championship Final had more last year than either the Bayou or Harvard/Yale games.

UMass922
November 21st, 2006, 01:47 PM
I think the Division I Championship Final had more last year than either the Bayou or Harvard/Yale games.

Really? Well, that's good. I'd still be curious to see the numbers, though.

November 22nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
FURMAN-MONTANA STATE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF GAME TO BE VIDEOSTREAMED BY BIGSKYTV.ORG

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Saturday’s Furman-Montana State NCAA Division I championship football first round playoff game will not be televised but will be videostreamed free over the internet through BigSkyTV.org, it has been announced.

To access the broadcast, fans should log on to www.bigskytv.org and click on the applicable link. Basic computer system requirements to view the broadcast include a high speed internet connection, a processor speed of 500 Mhz (or AMD equivalent) and at least 128 MB RAM, a Windows OS of 2000 or newer, and a screen resolution set to 1024x768 with 32 bit color. Internet Explorer is required, as is the latest Windows Media software (Media 10), both of which can be downloaded free through www.bigskytv.org.

The contest will also be broadcast over the Furman radio network and through the internet at www. yahoosports.com. Furman’s flagship station is WGOG-FM 96.3 (Walhalla/Greenville), and affiliates include WOLT-FM 103.3 (Greenville), WPJM-AM 800 (Greer), and WFIS-AM 1600 (Fountain Inn).

Pre-game air time for Furman’s radio broadcast is set for 12:30 ET Kickoff is 1:30 ET (11:30 MT).

November 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Really? Well, that's good. I'd still be curious to see the numbers, though.Search the archives, they were posted here.

nevadagriz
November 22nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
So are the Griz going to be available through ESPN game plan or not?

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Both the Montana and Montana State games will be streamed for FREE.

http://www.bigskytv.org/

nevadagriz
November 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
That is great ronbo except I can't get highspeed where I live! I thought all playoff games were going to be on espn gameplan?????????????????????

November 22nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
That is great ronbo except I can't get highspeed where I live! I thought all playoff games were going to be on espn gameplan?????????????????????quarterfinals will be, they announced.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 01:28 PM
Glad to see plenty of internet action since I'll be at work.

putter
November 22nd, 2006, 01:36 PM
KPAX, the CBS station is broadcasting the Griz game and the Fox station is picking up the broadcast in Louisiana. Don't know the satellite coordinates.

cosmo here
November 22nd, 2006, 03:24 PM

Lafayette Sports Network will have this game regionally, and their telecasts are always online also.

Outsider
November 22nd, 2006, 03:51 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that the Montana-McNeese State game and the Montana State-Furman game will be free Saturday at www.bigskytv.org. MSU-Furman at 11:35 a.m. Mountain. Montana-McNeese State at 12:05 p.m. Mountain.
I encourage you to check the site out early to familiarize yourself with it.
Some of you that experienced problems in the past, I hope you give it another chance.

Jon Kasper
Big Sky Conference

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 04:21 PM
only 30 mins apart. Wish the game covered more of the day.

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
only 30 mins apart. Wish the game covered more of the day.

They archive the games so you can watch one and then go back and watch the other.

AZGrizFan
November 22nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that the Montana-McNeese State game and the Montana State-Furman game will be free Saturday at www.bigskytv.org. MSU-Furman at 11:35 a.m. Mountain. Montana-McNeese State at 12:05 p.m. Mountain.
I encourage you to check the site out early to familiarize yourself with it.
Some of you that experienced problems in the past, I hope you give it another chance.

Jon Kasper
Big Sky Conference

Oh, suuuurreeeee.....after I've already PAID for the entire season! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p ;)

November 23rd, 2006, 12:45 AM
I've had no problems.... except for spammers on their in-game messageboard...

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 23rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
That's probably going to be a true statement for the entire playoffs going up against that other Division....what do they call that....I-A????

Go Dukes

placidlakegriz
November 23rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
Oh, suuuurreeeee.....after I've already PAID for the entire season! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p ;)

How can the cats game be on www.bigskytv.org. if the game isn't being televised.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
You know something? I was thinking that Montana State missed an opportunity. Why not play the Montana State/Furman game at the conclusion of the Montana/McNeese game? You know that Montana fans would want to follow the Montana State score, and vice versa. There's no problem with lights, are there?

KPAX could have televised both, a "treasure state doubleheader". Imagine the ratings!

Live4Griz
November 23rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
You know something? I was thinking that Montana State missed an opportunity. Why not play the Montana State/Furman game at the conclusion of the Montana/McNeese game? You know that Montana fans would want to follow the Montana State score, and vice versa. There's no problem with lights, are there?

KPAX could have televised both, a "treasure state doubleheader". Imagine the ratings!

There is...no lights at either stadium...however, like would be cool!

GO GRIZ!

Saluki Fan in FL
November 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Is the SIU-UT Martin game gonna be streamed. If so, for free?