24. Charleston Southern
25. Eastern Illinois

TexasTerror
May 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
A shareable image!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media-preview/snf:598900723334586368/QgbWyaL8.jpg

centennial
May 14th, 2015, 12:27 PM
For the top 10- SHSU, EWU, MSU, YSU are all big question marks. Not a fan of the poll.

Sammy94
May 14th, 2015, 12:31 PM
For the top 10- SHSU, EWU, MSU, YSU are all big question marks. Not a fan of the poll.

SHSU lost 2 starters from a team that reached the semis. #2 is very questionable but top 10 isn't.

TexasTerror
May 14th, 2015, 12:33 PM

Paying much attention?

Why would SHSU be a question mark? They reached the semifinals and they return 57 letterwinners. They lost only 2 players from their two deep from the semifinal game. Team was young and made it far, many of the players even missed their only spring under KC Keeler so this spring was their first full spring.

I think SHSU will be better than last year. The SLC will be tougher, but the Bearkats are one of the most talent laden teams in FCS and probably lead nation's top 30-40 teams in amount of returning players.

DFW HOYA
May 14th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Just three private schools.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 14th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Soooo Alcorn State makes it, and no Patriot League schools.

Fordham fans, the floor is yours.

centennial
May 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
SHSU lost 2 starters from a team that reached the semis. #2 is very questionable but top 10 isn't.

Paying much attention?

Why would SHSU be a question mark? They reached the semifinals and they return 57 letterwinners. They lost only 2 players from their two deep from the semifinal game. Team was young and made it far, many of the players even missed their only spring under KC Keeler so this spring was their first full spring.

I think SHSU will be better than last year. The SLC will be tougher, but the Bearkats are one of the most talent laden teams in FCS and probably lead nation's top 30-40 teams in amount of returning players.
I see you as a questionable number 2 and borderline top 10. SHSU has to prove it didn't get hot at the right time. The talent is really good at the skill positions but your lines still need work IMO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 14th, 2015, 12:41 PM

I don't believe Fordham should be ranked. They lost a TON......

Daytripper
May 14th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I see you as a questionable number 2 and borderline top 10. SHSU has to prove it didn't get hot at the right time. The talent is really good at the skill positions but your lines still need work IMO.

http://media.giphy.com/media/jmL3I1l8BDPGM/giphy.gif

Fordham
May 14th, 2015, 01:33 PM
I don't believe Fordham should be ranked. They lost a TON......
Agreed. I think we're going to surprise some people this year but I didn't expect to be in these rankings (otherwise I guess it wouldn't come as much of a surprise!).

Thought Bucknell might be in there though.

Mattymc727
May 14th, 2015, 02:17 PM
How does UNH fall to 18????? Just because we lost a WR and TE?

jmufan999
May 14th, 2015, 02:52 PM
How does UNH fall to 18????? Just because we lost a WR and TE?

no answer, but I'm guessing they valued Harris a lot. you're only losing 2 starters? if that's the case, I'm perplexed as well (as I mentioned in the other thread).

unigriff
May 14th, 2015, 03:17 PM
SFA at 17...hahah.

BEAR
May 14th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I'm kinda surprised not to see my bears in there but we did lose to ACU and Mo. State. I believe our offense is better than the 41 ppg we had last year but our defense not so much. Being better than 41 ppg doesn't mean I think we will score more than 41 per game this year, but we will probably eat up the clock better with a run game so we won't have to play defense as much. I predict a top 25 AFTER the Ok. State game.

IBleedYellow
May 14th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Man preseason polls are just...

At least the AGS Preseason lets me mess up for poll perfection. ;)

Mattymc727
May 14th, 2015, 03:24 PM
no answer, but I'm guessing they valued Harris a lot. you're only losing 2 starters? if that's the case, I'm perplexed as well (as I mentioned in the other thread).

UNH loses a great class, WR, TE, two linemen, a DE, 2 RB, and a linebacker. However if the last 10 years are any indication, replacing those guys wont be an issue. I can see UNH being out of the top 5, but 18 is absurd for being an FCS semifinalist two years in a row and returning the starting QB.

Its no more than what NDSU loses, NDSU still is top dog (deservedly so). Yet UNH is penalized 14 spots?

Bisonator
May 14th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Wow quite a bit different from the 2014 postseason poll.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 14th, 2015, 03:29 PM
UNH loses a great class, WR, TE, two linemen, a DE, 2 RB, and a linebacker. However if the last 10 years are any indication, replacing those guys wont be an issue. I can see UNH being out of the top 5, but 18 is absurd for being an FCS semifinalist two years in a row and returning the starting QB.

Its no more than what NDSU loses, NDSU still is top dog (deservedly so). Yet UNH is penalized 14 spots?

And only two above Alcorn State. Thought I'd throw that in there.

centennial
May 14th, 2015, 03:32 PM

UNH is top 10 IMO.

Sammy94
May 14th, 2015, 03:45 PM
SFA at 17...hahah.

Glad to see it isn't just a bearkat opinion.

KPSUL
May 14th, 2015, 06:33 PM

The losses on the offensive side are extensive, virtually every player who touched the ball in 2014 except for Goldrich, including the top two RBs, top 3 receivers a great Center, the best "back-up" QB you could ever hope for and an incredible punter. The defense is looking pretty solid, but the holes that must be filled on the offensive side make this a "reloading" year IMO. My expectations are more modest for 2015, let's start by making the tournament field. Without a doubt some of the teams in front of UNH are over-rated in this pre-season poll, if so, we'll have the pleasure of proving it during during the season.

tomq04
May 14th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I have a hard time believing any Big Sky team should be in the top 10 right now, MAYBE Montana St. Idaho State is a huge ? too.

Catatonic
May 14th, 2015, 07:41 PM
I'm kinda surprised not to see my bears in there but we did lose to ACU and Mo. State. I believe our offense is better than the 41 ppg we had last year but our defense not so much. Being better than 41 ppg doesn't mean I think we will score more than 41 per game this year, but we will probably eat up the clock better with a run game so we won't have to play defense as much. I predict a top 25 AFTER the Ok. State game.

Massey has you at 25th. I guess you could hang your hat on that.

Looks like our offense will be better, too. Let's see, you averaged 41 last year and are better this year. ACU scored 52 on your d last year. ACU is better on offense, UCA possibly isn't as good on D.

Dang. We may break the 100 point barrier before half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2015, 07:57 PM
IMO, Youngstown is not a top 10 team. Pellini getting too much credit w/o coaching a game.

SHSU improves their lines and they will be a favorite for the NC. #2 might be a little high but definitely a top 5 preseason team IMO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 14th, 2015, 08:09 PM
IMO, Youngstown is not a top 10 team. Pellini getting too much credit w/o coaching a game.

SHSU improves their lines and they will be a favorite for the NC. #2 might be a little high but definitely a top 5 preseason team IMO.

I have confidence in the Tressel/Pelini combo and their ability to get YSU back over the hump. I have to believe the athletic culture of YSU has changed quite a bit over the last 18 month. While that doesn't guarantee success it's a good foundation. I'd actually buy Penguin stock this year.

BEAR
May 14th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Massey has you at 25th. I guess you could hang your hat on that.

Looks like our offense will be better, too. Let's see, you averaged 41 last year and are better this year. ACU scored 52 on your d last year. ACU is better on offense, UCA possibly isn't as good on D.

Dang. We may break the 100 point barrier before half.

I guess you need to be versed in the art of sandbagging.
Our defense sucks.
we got lucky last year.
I hope our coaches show up for the game.

McNeese fans can show you how to properly explain their woes......xthumbsupx

Texas
May 14th, 2015, 10:28 PM

I agree. SHSU is too high at #2 but I would say definitely top 5.

Catatonic
May 15th, 2015, 03:58 AM
I guess you need to be versed in the art of sandbagging.
Our defense sucks.
we got lucky last year.
I hope our coaches show up for the game.

McNeese fans can show you how to properly explain their woes......xthumbsupx

I grew up in an era of 7-6 ball games. Love good defense. I gotta admit though that I am adjusting to 56-52 kind of games. Sounds like the ACU-UCA game may be just that. Our Defense has a ways to go. Yours has a ways to go. Track meet on a purple field. I may drive over to Conway to watch such a thing. Providing deer season hasn't started. :)

No need to sandbag. Our offense is better than last year but our record could well be worse. Everyone else should be improved, too. The SLC is gonna be a gauntlet. That's just a cold, hard fact.

Mattymc727
May 15th, 2015, 06:40 AM
The losses on the offensive side are extensive, virtually every player who touched the ball in 2014 except for Goldrich, including the top two RBs, top 3 receivers a great Center, the best "back-up" QB you could ever hope for and an incredible punter. The defense is looking pretty solid, but the holes that must be filled on the offensive side make this a "reloading" year IMO. My expectations are more modest for 2015, let's start by making the tournament field. Without a doubt some of the teams in front of UNH are over-rated in this pre-season poll, if so, we'll have the pleasure of proving it during during the season.

Again, just look at the last 10 yr track record. This isnt the first year UNH has lost superstars. And yet UNH comes back better. I agree, tough replacements on offense, and I wouldnt call UNH a title contender yet, but 18 is just flat out wrong.

Also, UNH has another light schedule, missing out on Nova, JMU, and Towson again.

BluBengal07
May 15th, 2015, 08:01 AM

And only two above Alcorn State. Thought I'd throw that in there.

someone is in their feelings i seexcoffeex
Alcorn dominated the SWAC, except JSU. and got cheated out terribly by Southern Miss resulting a 6-point lost.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2016/year/2014/alcorn-state-braves

overall, it's just a preseason poll dude.

BEAR
May 15th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I grew up in an era of 7-6 ball games. Love good defense. I gotta admit though that I am adjusting to 56-52 kind of games. Sounds like the ACU-UCA game may be just that. Our Defense has a ways to go. Yours has a ways to go. Track meet on a purple field. I may drive over to Conway to watch such a thing. Providing deer season hasn't started. :)

No need to sandbag. Our offense is better than last year but our record could well be worse. Everyone else should be improved, too. The SLC is gonna be a gauntlet. That's just a cold, hard fact.

I think you'll see a much different defense this year from us. Our offense has gotten better but our defense is still a question because of all the new guys we brought in from community colleges and high school. After watching our defense in the spring I'm not sure it has gotten better but I think with the CC transfers those guys may cover the thin areas we had last year on defense. Remember, we were only a 53 yard field goal away from being playoff eligible and gave Sam all they could handle. The SLC will prove to be a beast again.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 15th, 2015, 08:07 AM
someone is in their feelings i seexcoffeex
Alcorn dominated the SWAC, except JSU. and got cheated out terribly by Southern Miss resulting a 6-point lost.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2016/year/2014/alcorn-state-braves

overall, it's just a preseason poll dude.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/uploads/gallery/album_0/8604a8dd_dwarf_boxing_gold_coast.jpeg

BluBengal07
May 15th, 2015, 08:26 AM
xeyebrowx

Catatonic
May 15th, 2015, 08:45 AM
I think you'll see a much different defense this year from us. Our offense has gotten better but our defense is still a question because of all the new guys we brought in from community colleges and high school. After watching our defense in the spring I'm not sure it has gotten better but I think with the CC transfers those guys may cover the thin areas we had last year on defense. Remember, we were only a 53 yard field goal away from being playoff eligible and gave Sam all they could handle. The SLC will prove to be a beast again.

Our defense was one of the worst in the SLC last year. We had decent leads on two teams last year but they were able to exploit our porous D to come back and beat us We seem to have found partial answers to problems in the front 7. We are still way too thin in the defensive backfield.

No way are we a top 25 team. We are still a year or two away. Massey has us at 40th. Sounds about right.

DFW HOYA
May 15th, 2015, 08:49 AM
How about the school which was won 36 of its last 40 and is nowhere to be found in the poll?

clenz
May 15th, 2015, 09:29 AM
How about the school which was won 36 of its last 40 and is nowhere to be found in the poll?
That's a deceiving stat...what's the SOS during that time?

What's the record vs playoff teams?

Western Illinois would probably win 49 of their next 50 games if they were all PFL type teams...doesn't make them good.

Also, let me know what past success for the future. I'll wait. I'll also ask the CEOs of Kodak, Circut City, Linen N Things, etc... to see what their success in the past is doing for them now.

Last year has nothing to do with this year. There's no way in ****ing hell 40 games ago has anything to do with this year.

DFW HOYA
May 15th, 2015, 10:40 AM

Harvard was 10-0 in 2014 and 36-4 since 2011. It doesn't have to be ranked #1 but should be among the top 25, plain & simple.

Missingnumber7
May 15th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Harvard was 10-0 in 2014 and 36-4 since 2011. It doesn't have to be ranked #1 but should be among the top 25, plain & simple.

Probably the biggest glaring omission

Lehigh Football Nation
May 15th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Probably the biggest glaring omission

You mean aside from the omission of last year's FCS Round of 16 team that returns last year's Jerry Rice Award winner?

MR. CHICKEN
May 15th, 2015, 11:23 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20718&stc=1.....AN' OWN-LAH......THREE CAA'S..........ONE BOTTOM THIRD........ONE MIDDLE THIRD........ONE TOP FIVE.........ALAS.......CAA FAST BECOMIN' OVC LIKE....xbawlingx...BRAWK!

ps....WHAA AM AH GETTIN' DUH ATTACHED THUMBNAIL [email protected] UHPOST.....HAVEN'T CHANGED WAY AH INSERT....WHEN ALL WAS WELL.....xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
May 15th, 2015, 11:43 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20719&stc=1...NOT QUESTIONABLE AT ALL!......EVERAH-ONE BACK BUT TWO......KEELER REMARKABLAH SAVED YER SEASON...AFTERAH....NEAR CATASROPHIC START......FULL WINTER TA ABSORB HIS PHILOSOPHY..........NUFFIN' NORMAL IN NORMAL NOW...AN' BIG OL LOSSES....FO' RED..........PERFECTLAH JUSTIFIABLE RANKIN'....xcoolx...AWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20718&stc=1.....AN' OWN-LAH......THREE CAA'S..........ONE BOTTOM THIRD........ONE MIDDLE THIRD........ONE TOP FIVE.........ALAS.......CAA FAST BECOMIN' OVC LIKE....xbawlingx...BRAWK!

ps....WHAA AM AH GETTIN' DUH ATTACHED THUMBNAIL [email protected] UHPOST.....HAVEN'T CHANGED WAY AH INSERT....WHEN ALL WAS WELL.....xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx......AWK!

You are not unchecking the box when attaching apparently. Look closely when you put in a url next time and untick the box below.

BEAR
May 15th, 2015, 11:57 AM

Redundancy is something you can count on over and over again! xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
May 15th, 2015, 12:04 PM
You are not unchecking the box when attaching apparently. Look closely when you put in a url next time and untick the box below.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20729&stc=1.....TESTIN'...TESTIN'...TESTIN'....:(...AWK!

WHEN AH CHOOSE AN ATTACHMENT...FROM FILE MANAGER......BLOCK AT BOTTOM RIGHT UH SAID ATTACHMENT IS NOT CHECKED.....WHEN AH DRAG IT DOWN TA INSERT.....LITTLE BLUE CHECK APPEARS......WHEN AH CLICK IT OUT.......IT WILL NOT LET ME INSERT INLINE??......REVERSE POLARITY/CLENZ.....PULLIN' MAH FEATHERS/DAWG CIT VOO-DOO???????

Missingnumber7
May 15th, 2015, 12:10 PM
You mean aside from the omission of last year's FCS Round of 16 team that returns last year's Jerry Rice Award winner?

Outside of the top 12-15 it is a large group of also ran...theres lots of people who you could consider in that group that was left out as well. The fact being in a 2nd tier conference and the result from their round of 16 game can leave a sour taste in many mouths.

This is simply a preseason poll...not saying I disagree completely, but I don't see them as a glaring omission. And typically there is an Ivy nod somewhere along the way. Use it as motivation or whatever you want...but theres lots of time before we see a poll that means anything.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 15th, 2015, 12:58 PM

What's the record vs playoff teams?

Western Illinois would probably win 49 of their next 50 games if they were all PFL type teams...doesn't make them good.

Also, let me know what past success for the future. I'll wait. I'll also ask the CEOs of Kodak, Circut City, Linen N Things, etc... to see what their success in the past is doing for them now.

Last year has nothing to do with this year. There's no way in ****ing hell 40 games ago has anything to do with this year.

Harvard has established itself to be good every year. You can count on the Crimson being legit. Who they play really has nothing to do with the quality of the team. They have excellent coaching and very good front-line FCS talent. Depth is the issue imo.

The IL plays good football. It's unfortunate they do not participate in the playoffs. At least some of the schools have gotten creative in the OOC scheduling.

The Ivy League could really help itself and FCS football in the Northeast. A Delaware or Villanova at Princeton or Penn the week after Thanksgiving would draw pretty well. A UNH-Yale playoff game at the Bowl would draw 16k+ imo....

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 15th, 2015, 01:06 PM

I think most would argue that Fordham underachieved last year. Obviously Nebrich getting dinged up every other week didn't help, but neither did the bad defense. Edmonds is going to see a lot more focus and the defense still seems to be a liability from afar. I think Villanova will easily beat them early on....

Someone from the PL will work themselves into the Top 20/15. Bucknell's OOC is once again laughable outside of Army. I could see thme being ranked heading in to the Lehigh game.....xsmiley_wix

Anything could happen from the group of Lafayette, Colgate, Lehigh and Holy Cross. Georgetown will be competitive but nothing more....

Gordon Shumway
May 15th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Harvard has established itself to be good every year. You can count on the Crimson being legit. Who they play really has nothing to do with the quality of the team. They have excellent coaching and very good front-line FCS talent. Depth is the issue imo.

The IL plays good football. It's unfortunate they do not participate in the playoffs. At least some of the schools have gotten creative in the OOC scheduling.

The Ivy League could really help itself and FCS football in the Northeast. A Delaware or Villanova at Princeton or Penn the week after Thanksgiving would draw pretty well. A UNH-Yale playoff game at the Bowl would draw 16k+ imo....

A UNH-Harvard game would do even better, playoffs or not. Harvard should be a no-brainer game on a semi-regular basis. Hell, they are just over an hour away, and closer than our should be in-state rival Dartmouth. However, that ain't happening anytime soon, if ever. Even Dartmouth has seemingly lost interest in playing after the last game on an old contract for 2016.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 15th, 2015, 01:24 PM
A UNH-Harvard game would do even better, playoffs or not. Harvard should be a no-brainer game on a semi-regular basis. Hell, they are just over an hour away, and closer than our should be in-state rival Dartmouth. However, that ain't happening anytime soon, if ever. Even Dartmouth has seemingly lost interest in playing after the last game on an old contract for 2016.

It's unfortunate. There's actually very good support for IL football relative to the rest of FCS. I wish the PL schools drew like Harvard and Yale. Penn and Princeton do pretty well too when they're good. These games every so often, especially in the playoffs, would create some buzz, relatively speaking.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 15th, 2015, 01:35 PM
It's unfortunate. There's actually very good support for IL football relative to the rest of FCS. I wish the PL schools drew like Harvard and Yale. Penn and Princeton do pretty well too when they're good. These games every so often, especially in the playoffs, would create some buzz, relatively speaking.

Harvard, Yale and Princeton have three awesome venues that would be terrific for FCS playoffs.

centennial
May 15th, 2015, 01:46 PM
For reference this is the Massey ratings-

Team
Record
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

Illinois St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

Northern Iowa (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5641&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

S Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7268&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

Chattanooga (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7809&s=279541)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=279541)

0-00.000

New Hampshire (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5342&s=279541)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=279541)

0-00.000

Coastal Car (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1637&s=279541)Big South (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10672&s=279541)

0-00.000

Youngstown St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

Indiana St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3509&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

E Washington (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2383&s=279541)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=279541)

0-00.000

S Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7339&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

Sam Houston St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6981&s=279541)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=279541)

0-00.000

W Illinois (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8754&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

Villanova (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8415&s=279541)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=279541)

0-00.000

Missouri St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4970&s=279541)Missouri Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=85697&s=279541)

0-00.000

SE Louisiana (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7314&s=279541)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=279541)

0-00.000

Liberty (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4076&s=279541)Big South (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10672&s=279541)

0-00.000

Jacksonville St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3606&s=279541)OH Valley (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=13193&s=279541)

0-00.000

Montana (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5035&s=279541)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=279541)

0-00.000

Northwestern LA (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5724&s=279541)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=279541)

0-00.000

Team
Record
Rat
Pwr
Off
Def
HFA
SoS
SSF
EW
EL

Idaho St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3421&s=279541)Big Sky (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=10668&s=279541)

0-00.000

Samford (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6987&s=279541)Southern (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14064&s=279541)

0-00.000

James Madison (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3611&s=279541)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=279541)

0-00.000

Richmond (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6547&s=279541)Colonial (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11246&s=279541)

0-00.000

Cent Arkansas (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1351&s=279541)Southland (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=14112&s=279541)

0-00.000

CrazyCat
May 15th, 2015, 02:03 PM
What data is Massey using other than what looks like last years stats ?

centennial
May 15th, 2015, 02:35 PM
What data is Massey using other than what looks like last years stats ?
They don't look at who you are losing/gaining, new coaches etc. However, Massey does better at predicting playoffs than almost anyone playing the FCS playoff challenge(it was 2nd this year and for the record I was 4th). Pre season- if we can get a starting and final ratings for a few years it could set up a nice co-relational table on how good it is. If I had to bet money I would say better than any human pre season poll.

Preseason RatingsPreseason ratings are typically derived as a weighted average of previous years' final ratings. As the current season progresses, their effect gets damped out completely. The only purpose preseason ratings serve is to provide a reasonable starting point for the computer. Mathematically, they guarantee a unique solution to the equations early in the season when not enough data is available yet.

CrazyCat
May 15th, 2015, 03:12 PM
No adjustments for roster addition or subtraction, new or fired coaches, spring injuries or injury recoveries,etc.. It's just another ingredient to add into peoples pre-season poll stew.

SFA 93
May 15th, 2015, 07:42 PM
SFA at 17...hahah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdvMjbf9gQ

McNeese72
May 17th, 2015, 08:18 PM
We are right where we belong. Not rated. If the spring workouts are any indication, we are back to where we were years ago when our offense couldn't even score on our defense. Anybody playing us doesn't have to worry about us. I hate to see what LSU does to us to start the season. Hopefully, we will psychologically survive that game.

Doc

Cocky
May 18th, 2015, 06:43 AM
If SHSU is a questionable 2, who would be less questionable? If PJ gets any better he could be 2 by hisself.

KPSUL
May 18th, 2015, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdvMjbf9gQ
OK clue us in. Too high or too low at 17?

Daytripper
May 18th, 2015, 03:14 PM
If SHSU is a questionable 2, who would be less questionable? If PJ gets any better he could be 2 by hisself.

Exactly. Every ranking is "questionable." It's preseason and nobody has played a game yet. Based on history, the only thing close to a sure thing is NDSU at #1.

MR. CHICKEN
May 18th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Exactly. Every ranking is "questionable." It's preseason and nobody has played a game yet. Based on history, the only thing close to a sure thing is NDSU at #1.

......UH......KEELER TOOK DELAWARE...TA 3 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES...IN LESS DAN 10 YEARS........IT'S NOT NORFF DAKOTAH STATE WORTHY.....NOR AS GOOD AS...APPALACHIAN STATE'S 3-PEAT......BUT IT'S....UP DERE...IN RARIFIED AIR......DON'T UNDERAH ESTIMATE HIM....YOU SHOOD BELIEVE....JES' BASED ON YER LAST SEASON......xcoolx...AWK!

.......NEED TA QUIT FILLIN' DUH BAGS....WHIFF SAND!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

Daytripper
May 18th, 2015, 04:28 PM
......UH......KEELER TOOK DELAWARE...TA 3 CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES...IN LESS DAN 10 YEARS........IT'S NOT NORFF DAKOTAH STATE WORTHY.....NOR AS GOOD AS...APPALACHIAN STATE'S 3-PEAT......BUT IT'S....UP DERE...IN RARIFIED AIR......DON'T UNDERAH ESTIMATE HIM....YOU SHOOD BELIEVE....JES' BASED ON YER LAST SEASON......xcoolx...AWK!

.......NEED TA QUIT FILLIN' DUH BAGS....WHIFF SAND!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

No sandbags here Senior Pollo. We may have a QB controversy before it is all over. Got a UAB transfer to give JJ a battle. And you know how KCK loves transfer QBs.

caribbeanhen
May 18th, 2015, 06:03 PM
No sandbags here Senior Pollo. We may have a QB controversy before it is all over. Got a UAB transfer to give JJ a battle. And you know how KCK loves transfer QBs.
i dont think He ever had two good ones at the same time though

SFA 93
May 18th, 2015, 06:57 PM
OK clue us in. Too high or too low at 17?

I was just having some fun with the Panther fan and the kat fan joining in who thought it was funny SFA was ranked #17. (Thus the cartoon)

To be honest I couldn't say where our team is at this point after our spring game.

I can tell you I was feeling pretty good at who we had coming back (entire offensive line, conference new comer of the year at QB, defensive front, and a nice combination of JUCO transfers) but that spring game was really telling on how bad we are going to miss Gus Johnson in the backfield.

The offense line really struggled and I mean bad. We return an offensive line that averages over 300 pounds and 6-5, three of them all conference players, one a first teamer, been playing together for a ton of games and they got pushed around real good up front. Coach Conque really chewed them out after the game and promised to get this fixed.

Maybe our defense is just that good is how the coach put it? This will be in fact the deepest defensive team we have had in awhile.

But if the offense can't move the ball the defense will just simply tire out being on the field too long.

So, I sit and I wait like everyone else to see what actually transpires.

We have three really good freshmen running backs coming in for the summer, on the high school level, maybe one of them can make a different in the backfield on the college level.

But right now nobody is going to fear what we have in the backfield.