PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Coach Gill dismisses two starters

kdinva
May 13th, 2015, 01:05 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=823358

from a distance, Coach Gill's leash seems shorter than did Rocco's....

rokamortis
May 13th, 2015, 05:02 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=823358

from a distance, Coach Gill's leash seems shorter than did Rocco's....

I don't know about a shorter leash. Nicky Fualaau has been in trouble more than once, most recently last year and was charged with assault a couple of years back. I think Gill has given him more than enough chances.

The Cats
May 13th, 2015, 09:08 PM
......from a distance, Coach Gill's leash seems shorter than did Rocco's....

According to Virginia court online records, Sampson was arrested on April 4 and charged with sale, distributing marijuana, a class 5 felony.

that would be hard to ignore......

rokamortis
May 14th, 2015, 05:58 AM
that would be hard to ignore......

I think to kdinva's point, there was a situation with Rocco where a player had similar charges but his court date was pushed back to December so Rocco reinstated him with the team until then. So it does appear that Gill is taking that situation more seriously, likely with the input from the admin who reportedly were not happy with Rocco when he did that.

Fualaau on the other had had been in trouble at least 3 times that were made public.

PAllen
May 14th, 2015, 09:14 AM
I personally think that it's hard to judge most of these situations based on what little we know. I'm a huge fan of innocent until proven guilty. That said, you talk to your player, and the authorities. If it is clear in your mind beyond a reasonable doubt that the player committed the crime, then punish them accordingly. If not, I have no issue with waiting until the trial is over to do so.

catamount man
May 14th, 2015, 11:18 AM
You mean THIS actually happens at Liberty University?!