PDA

View Full Version : What is the "game of the week"?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Let's have a vote here...

OL FU
November 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
JMU@YSU

unless I am a homer and then, well you.........

bandl
November 20th, 2006, 11:40 AM
JMU at YSU, no question. Solely because this would be a great matchup in the quarterfinals, the semifinals or the finals. It's a shame that one of these two great teams has to bow out so early.

LacesOut
November 20th, 2006, 11:47 AM
JMU/YSU

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2006, 11:47 AM
My pick would have to be JMU and YSU too, although I am really looking forward to Furman-Montana State, even though it's not exactly "clash of the titans".

Also, I agree that Lafayette, Hampton, and McNeese State have questionable strength of schedule, but I'm not so sure the OVC is as bad as people say it is. I wouldn't be surprised to see EIU beat SIU by a few touchdowns. That would be my second place pick, but JMU-YSU would be my first.

[EDIT] Don't overlook Coastal-App State, either. I think Coastal is better than most people think they are.

IBleedPurple
November 20th, 2006, 11:51 AM
definately JMU @ YSU!

this is going to be an awesome game, but unfortunately for both teams it's in the 1st round.

chiapet9
November 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM
its almost unanimous. JMU @ YSU. could be the best game of the playoffs...too bad its in the first round.

BDKJMU
November 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM
There really no debate- JMU @ YSU.

DRDukes
November 20th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Dukes v/s Penguins - without a doubt

I wish this wasn't the top game of the week... JMU and YSU deserve better first round games. Both have had too good of a year to meet the first playoff weekend.

AggiePride
November 20th, 2006, 01:01 PM
USD @ UC Davis.. of course :)

blur2005
November 20th, 2006, 01:29 PM
As if there were any question...

Griswold
November 20th, 2006, 01:53 PM
JMU @ Y'town

I didn't like having them both in ASU's side of the bracket but it made me a lot happier (suprised to say the least) to see them playing each other in the first round. It sould be a great game!

I don't know if JMU/Y'town playing each other in the first round is the bigger suprise or Furman having to travel to MSU.

ereiz03
November 20th, 2006, 02:01 PM
USD @ UC Davis

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM
JMU at YSU, no question. Solely because this would be a great matchup in the quarterfinals, the semifinals or the finals. It's a shame that one of these two great teams has to bow out so early.

Maybe they can go to about 5,000 OTs and still be playing into December :p

AppGuy04
November 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM
JMU vs YSU is the game of the week no doubt.

But.....

I'm more interested in the UNH vs Hampton game

OhioHen
November 20th, 2006, 02:17 PM
As has become customary, the playoff committee has chosen to "reward" the 4th and 5th rated (eligible) teams by matching them up in the first round of the playoffs. :bang: :bang:

JMU at YSU is the game of the week for 11/25. :nonono2: Is should be a potential game of the week for 12/2 in the quarterfinals (assuming that both survived AGS in the first round). :mad:

Stang Fever
November 20th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I picked the USD UCD game. because of all the talk about USD the last month. its finally time to see how they step up with good team.

If USD wins then its there fault that they are not in the playoffs and should schedule better teams before the playoffs, because a victory will show that they are good

A USD loss, a really bad one just shows that USD is not as good as talked about.

I feel a lot rides on this game and how NON Schollies can be viewed

***BUT YSU vs JMU**** HUGHE game

HailToTheChants
November 20th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I picked the ASU/CCU game. You make look at me as being a Homer, but in all actuality I think the selection committee is challenging Coastal by giving them a shot at the playoffs, but making us prove ourselves right out of the gate if we want to have a chance. I also believe it will be the re-match that we weren't given against ASU this year for the retribution of last years game (Played ASU last year, but that wouldn't give us a Home and Home, only a one year deal). Too bad it's in Boone, but we'll take it.

:bow: HAIL TO THE CHANTS!!! :bow:

ysubigred
November 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Start a new poll;

Does the Pope pray?

* YES

*NO

Geeeezzzz!! YSU vs JMU :)

BillLuc1982
November 20th, 2006, 02:53 PM
USD @ UC Davis.. of course :)

Go UCD!

RabidRabbit
November 20th, 2006, 03:20 PM
The USD/UCD match is very interesting....

The playoff match - JMU/YSU

pantherclaw
November 20th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Go UCD!

I agree. UCD-USD non-playoff

JMU-YSU go 'guins.

GtFllsGriz
November 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I voted for JMU/YSU because it is clearly the best matchup of the young playoffs. However, I failed to look any further since I thought they were all playoff matchups.

The UCD/SD game will be a fun game to watch. I will surely be listening for that score to see if all the bravado and hype by SD is warranted. It may be.....we will wait and see.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Start a new poll;

Does the Pope pray?

* YES

*NO

Geeeezzzz!! YSU vs JMU :)

Hey, you only have about 2/3 of the total vote. Lafayette and UMASS even has one vote!

th0m
November 20th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I see the San Diego fans have come out of hiding again...

How can you rank USD-UCD over JMU-YSU???

AggiePride
November 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I see the San Diego fans have come out of hiding again...

How can you rank USD-UCD over JMU-YSU???

You check the little dot next to the match-up that you are most interested in at the top of the thread..

FlyYtown
November 20th, 2006, 05:12 PM
OF COURSE: Youngstown State vs. James Madison
ESPN would'nt had made this matchup if they didn't know it be the best of them all!