PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh on Jim Rome Today

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Seems that they're taking the approach from the Ohio St/Michigan side of things when Harbaugh comes on later, will probably touch on the funeral Harbaugh is attending today in Ann Arbor, MI as well...

mcveyrl
November 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM
you think Rome will pull a....

"Hey, while we've got you here, the NCAA announced its playoff teams in I-AA (he will not call it FCS) and your San Diego Torreros were left at home. What do you think of that? You guys got shafted, huh?"

I can hear Romey in my head right now. (I'm going to the Dr. about it).

GOTOREROS
November 20th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Here is a quote from today's SD Union-Tribune:

“It would have been unprecedented,” Harbaugh said. “That's a very hard thing for the committee to pull the trigger on. They called it the way they saw it, and I have the utmost respect for the process.”

Do you people want a pound of flesh? What else can he say about the process? It didn't go our way and no one from USD has bitched or moaned about not getting in. It is what it is...Harbaugh and USD have handled the decision about as good as you could ask for. What do you want them to say? Geez...

Union-Tribune article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20061120-9999-1s20usdfoot.html

Dane96
November 20th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I agree. San Diego and the the staff there have been very good after the decision.

It is the actions PRIOR to the playoff selections that steam most here. It is one thing to push for your team...another to be a zealot.

Extremism is bad in all forms. Harbaugh was an extremist prior to the playoff selections. It has left a bad taste in many mouths.

AggiePride
November 20th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Here is a quote from today's SD Union-Tribune:

“It would have been unprecedented,” Harbaugh said. “That's a very hard thing for the committee to pull the trigger on. They called it the way they saw it, and I have the utmost respect for the process.”

Do you people want a pound of flesh? What else can he say about the process? It didn't go our way and no one from USD has bitched or moaned about not getting in. It is what it is...Harbaugh and USD have handled the decision about as good as you could ask for. What do you want them to say? Geez...

Union-Tribune article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/usd/20061120-9999-1s20usdfoot.html

You're just a tad hypersensitive GT. With 800 posts from you alone regarding USD in the past two months, you expect people to just "leave USD alone". :rolleyes:

Really, what did you expect after the last two months? It is "USD Month" isn't it? :nod:

I actually think people are being nice about it all, considering....

UNHFan99
November 20th, 2006, 12:44 PM
HAHA USD Month. This whole season seemed like USD month.

GOTOREROS
November 20th, 2006, 01:14 PM
You're just a tad hypersensitive GT. With 800 posts from you alone regarding USD in the past two months, you expect people to just "leave USD alone". :rolleyes:

Really, what did you expect after the last two months? It is "USD Month" isn't it? :nod:

I actually think people are being nice about it all, considering....

xlolx I think I will count up the "USD threads" and see how many were actually started by a USD poster and how many were NOT. Then we will see what you have to say about that number. Most of the USD talk started here is not by USD fans - but I guess you can't take the time to figure that out.

800 posts by me - yes, but many, many came in USD game threads. That's like saying to Mr. Chicken he talks too much - he posts during the entire Waves show.

My point is many of you probably wish Harbaugh would say something stupid or against the committee process. Just be consistent - you all said he was too over the top. He is now doing EXACTLY what you all wanted - you talk about "class" - why don't you show some and lay off the guy. He is doing what you want but you still pile on him.......:nono: If you are "classy" people you wouldn't need to feel you have to exact some sort of "I told you so" approach.....you exhibit the same sort of behavior you accuse Harbaugh of...

Hypocrisy is an ugly thing....

AggiePride
November 20th, 2006, 01:22 PM
xlolx I think I will count up the "USD threads" and see how many were actually started by a USD poster and how many were NOT. Then we will see what you have to say about that number. Most of the USD talk started here is not by USD fans - but I guess you can't take the time to figure that out.

800 posts by me - yes, but many, many came in USD game threads. That's like saying to Mr. Chicken he talks too much - he posts during the entire Waves show.

My point is many of you probably wish Harbaugh would say something stupid or against the committee process. Just be consistent - you all said he was too over the top. He is now doing EXACTLY what you all wanted - you talk about "class" - why don't you show some and lay off the guy. He is doing what you want but you still pile on him.......:nono: If you are "classy" people you wouldn't need to feel you have to exact some sort of "I told you so" approach.....you exhibit the same sort of behavior you accuse Harbaugh of...

Hypocrisy is an ugly thing....

GT, relax.

I have not said one thing about Jim or USD after the fact. And I do not see much of it going on at all on this board.

Where did that rant come from? Show me all the classless fans and hipocricy. You talk about taking a pound of flesh, but not even one bad thing was said regarding your coach or USD in this thread. It is about Jim Rome and if he might talk about USD and I-AA, and not just Michigan. Seriously man, maybe you should take a break.

Here's to a good game on Sat. I'm looking forward to seeing if our D-line can take care of Johnson.

mcveyrl
November 20th, 2006, 01:22 PM
My post wasn't meant to be anti-Harbaugh. In fact, I expect any response to the question I posed to be a respectful one from Harbaugh. My actual shock is at the lack of lash out from USD posters. Not complaining, just shocked

Part of me was hoping to see USD make the playoffs. I really would've liked to have seen Josh Johnson play against a top team to see what he's all about. I suppose the best team will have to be UCD.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 20th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Nobody has bashed Harbaugh for his comments after the selection.

Who needs to "lay off"? In fact, we all respect him for the words he chose. Some of us think he could have used words to indicate that in the future the Torreros will have tougher schedules so that having an undefeated team means something nationally. But he has been very classy in seeing his team not selected.

You team is good. Part of us all would have liked to see how they would have stacked up against the big conference opponents, but you will get your day. Just see Coastal Carolina. They were slighted in the past, but with an improved schedule they are now enjoying their first playoff appearance.

Good luck scheduling in the offseason and hopefully we'll see you guys one day in the playoffs!

GOTOREROS
November 20th, 2006, 04:16 PM
My post wasn't meant to be anti-Harbaugh. In fact, I expect any response to the question I posed to be a respectful one from Harbaugh. My actual shock is at the lack of lash out from USD posters. Not complaining, just shocked

Part of me was hoping to see USD make the playoffs. I really would've liked to have seen Josh Johnson play against a top team to see what he's all about. I suppose the best team will have to be UCD.

Perhaps it's thread's such as "Harbaugh still doesn't step up to the plate" that draw my ire. I perhaps jumped the gun on this thread....sorry if I did but, with the "gleeful" joy some are taking in USD not making the playoffs it is a bit much....