PDA

View Full Version : Southern Hospitality-GSU Style

UCABEARS75
November 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I want to thank Jimmy and the rest of the "red flag" crew and his neighbors Doc and Co. for being such gracious hosts for the pre-game tailgating last Saturday. The food, drink, and conversation was wonderful.

We realize ya'll are terribly frustrated this season but were still able to welcome us with a smile and congratulate us for our win after the game.

We know we did not beat a top-ten GSU Saturday. This win was big for us just because of where we are, and the fact that we were able to beat such a storied program in our first year of D-I means a lot to our program.

We realize this season does not make us world-beaters but based upon where we were a year ago, our season has to be considered a huge success and the celebration by our team and fans at the end of the game was more a celebration of the conclusion of a great season than just the one game.

Thanks again GSU fans. We hope we get the chance to reciprocate in the near future in Conway.

p.s. Our wives really want the recipe for that Brunswick stew.

Eaglegus2
November 20th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I want to thank Jimmy and the rest of the "red flag" crew and his neighbors Doc and Co. for being such gracious hosts for the pre-game tailgating last Saturday. The food, drink, and conversation was wonderful.

We realize ya'll are terribly frustrated this season but were still able to welcome us with a smile and congratulate us for our win after the game.

We know we did not beat a top-ten GSU Saturday. This win was big for us just because of where we are, and the fact that we were able to beat such a storied program in our first year of D-I means a lot to our program.

We realize this season does not make us world-beaters but based upon where we were a year ago, our season has to be considered a huge success and the celebration by our team and fans at the end of the game was more a celebration of the conclusion of a great season than just the one game.

Thanks again GSU fans. We hope we get the chance to reciprocate in the near future in Conway.

p.s. Our wives really want the recipe for that Brunswick stew.

UCABears75............mine wasn't brunswick stew. Mine is called Colonel's Island Seafood Chowder. It is in the "Tailgatin' Georgia Southern Style Cookbook". BTW, I am the author of this distingushed piece of journalism.:smiley_wi :nod: Do you call a cookbook journalism?:eek:

Doc may have had brunswick stew, I don't eat it or cook it.

Let me know where you tried it. If it was mine, I will post the recipe. I never fix my recipes the same way twice. I usually make additions each time I cook it.

On a side note, we really glad that your group stopped by to socialize with us. I would hope in the future that Georgia Southern would make a trip to Central Arkansas to play.

UCABEARS75
November 20th, 2006, 09:16 AM
UCABears75............mine wasn't brunswick stew. Mine is called Colonel's Island Seafood Chowder. It is in the "Tailgatin' Georgia Southern Style Cookbook". BTW, I am the author of this distingushed piece of journalism.:smiley_wi :nod: Do you call a cookbook journalism?:eek:

Doc may have had brunswick stew, I don't eat it or cook it.

Let me know where you tried it. If it was mine, I will post the recipe. I never fix my recipes the same way twice. I usually make additions each time I cook it.

On a side note, we really glad that your group stopped by to socialize with us. I would hope in the future that Georgia Southern would make a trip to Central Arkansas to play.

I think the Brunswick stew was at Doc's. ALL the food was good, that was just something a little different than what we have had before.