PDA

View Full Version : Who Got Woofed: The Poll

GrizFamily
November 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Who do you think got Woffed this year:

PS If you don't know what "Woffed" means don't vote. Go read the board and get educated and then maybe you can vote.

MiloCat
November 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Nobody.

Not one team that got left out can honestly say they deserve to be in.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Nobody, if you have 4 losses or played a horrible a schedule you pretty much woffed yourself.

peaster68
November 19th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Too bad NDSU is ineligible for the playoffs :(

GrizFamily
November 19th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Too bad NDSU is ineligible for the playoffs :(

I agree completely. Would like to see all the best teams in the playoffs, but they made their bed....

GreenDay17
November 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Nobody!!!

But watching MSU get selected is like seeing Santa give your brother a new car for Xmas (and all you get is a pair of socks) when you were both turds in the prior year.:p

Mr. C
November 19th, 2006, 10:18 PM
My pick for the team that got Woffed isn't one that got screwed by the committee. I think the committee did a pretty good job (they picked seven of the eight at-large teams I predicted last week). My pick is Princeton, which should have been representing the Ivy League with an auto bid, but for those stuffy, old geezers who serve as Ivy League presidents. It's a shame that the Ivy League champions do not get to compete in the playoffs. And trust me, the kids (who should be the ones we are thinking of, first and foremost, instead of archaic, meaningless tradition) are really hurt by not being able to compete in the playoffs. You should have seen Nick Hartigan from Brown describe how painful it was to watch the playoffs on TV last year, instead of competing for the national championship.

GrizFamily
November 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Nobody!!!

But watching MSU get selected is like seeing Santa give your brother a new car for Xmas (and all you get is a pair of socks) when you were both turds in the prior year.:pOK, I laughed out loud on that one. Good thing I didn't just have a drink or I would have to get a new monitor and maybe a new computer.

griz37
November 19th, 2006, 10:48 PM
My pick for the team that got Woffed isn't one that got screwed by the committee. I think the committee did a pretty good job (they picked seven of the eight at-large teams I predicted last week). My pick is Princeton, which should have been representing the Ivy League with an auto bid, but for those stuffy, old geezers who serve as Ivy League presidents. It's a shame that the Ivy League champions do not get to compete in the playoffs. And trust me, the kids (who should be the ones we are thinking of, first and foremost, instead of archaic, meaningless tradition) are really hurt by not being able to compete in the playoffs. You should have seen Nick Hartigan from Brown describe how painful it was to watch the playoffs on TV last year, instead of competing for the national championship.

How do you think Princeton would do in the field this year?

Mr. C
November 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
How do you think Princeton would do in the field this year?
The Ivy League has been very competitive this year (as competitive as I ever remember seeing it), so that would be a plus for Princeton. The Tigers also have a dynamic QB in Jeff Terrell. They would probably be exposed defensively by playoff-caliber teams, but this is a team that has found ways to pull out tight games. It would depend a lot on the matchup. If the Tigers got a favorable matchup, I would say quarterfinals, if not first-round exit. They wouldn't beat any of the seeds, or someone like JMU, Illinois State, or probably New Hampshire. Now Harvard in 2004 and Brown in 2005 were better teams than Princeton or Yale this year. Those two teams would have easily been quarterfinalists and possibly semifinalists.

UNCBears2010
November 19th, 2006, 11:24 PM
As a UNC fan, I thought PSU deserved a playoff bid more than Montana State just based on our games against the two teams. PSU thumped us 45-3 and it came down to an onside kick against Montana State.

AZGrizFan
November 20th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Nobody.

Not one team that got left out can honestly say they deserve to be in.

I voted for PSU, but I agree with MiloCat.

LakeGriz
November 20th, 2006, 02:18 AM
If you think you got woofed and you lost to a team that made it, such as Portland State to MSU, you probably should rethink that. Southland teams have only about 5 or 6 league games; they should load up the rest of their skeds with 1A, and then claim they got screwed out of the championship series? Hardly.

89Hen
November 20th, 2006, 08:30 AM
The Ivy League has been very competitive this year (as competitive as I ever remember seeing it)
Tough call there Mr.C IMO. Surely they beat up on the Patriot, but this was the least competitive I ever remember seeing the PL.

The top four teams in the Ivy were who: Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Penn?

Combined they were 10-0 vs the PL and 0-2 vs non-PL (Yale lost to USD and Penn to Villanova). The ONLY two OOC wins over non-PL were Cornell over Albany and Columbia over Iona. The Ivy is truly an unknown commodity. And before you ask, yes I saw some of the Ivy games on TV.

LacesOut
November 20th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I voted for PSU, but I agree with MiloCat.

I third this!

Apps32
November 20th, 2006, 09:46 AM
As a UNC fan, I thought PSU deserved a playoff bid more than Montana State just based on our games against the two teams. PSU thumped us 45-3 and it came down to an onside kick against Montana State.

While this is a valid point, head-to-head should count more than who-beat-who-by-how-much

DinoDex200
November 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
The only teams I feel really got screwed are Youngstown and JMU. Those were the teams that were arguably fighting for that 4th seed, and now they have to play each other.

GrizFamily
November 20th, 2006, 09:07 PM
We just barely have a majority for Nobody with UNI in the lead by one vote over PSU for the actual team that got woofed. Anyone else have an opinion?