PDA

View Full Version : DSU denied football stadium

Coastal89
June 29th, 2005, 07:08 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050629/NEWS01/506290350/1006/NEWS
DOVER -- A long-sought civic center arena will be built in Dover, but Delaware State University apparently will not get state funding for a new football stadium, a school official said Tuesday, and might not be involved in the project at all.

MR. CHICKEN
June 29th, 2005, 07:12 AM
OUCH!.....NO NEW PARK...GUESS WE CAN'T PLAY YAH!..:D...AWK!

blukeys
June 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM
This is surprising. The Civic center project has been dead for years and was only revived when DSU got on board. I had heard that the entire project was in trouble due to competing funding requests. It seems the Bond bill committee is giving half a loaf with the prospect for the full loaf later.

I think the Hornets will stay on board . They have just had renovations done last year at Alumni Field. They no longer have to worry about an attendance requirement for I-A. And if their basketball team can continue to excel they would need to have pricier digs than the dive that is Memorial Hall.

Ivytalk
June 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM
OUCH!.....NO NEW PARK...GUESS WE CAN'T PLAY YAH!..:D...AWK!

Point taken, Mistah Chicken. Guess you'll have to bring Miz Prissy tah Newahk fo da Hornets game when Wess Chestah gets bumped offa da Hens' dance card! BUCK BUCK BIG BUCK BRAWWK! :p

blukeys
June 29th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Point taken, Mistah Chicken. Guess you'll have to bring Miz Prissy tah Newahk fo da Hornets game when Wess Chestah gets bumped offa da Hens' dance card! BUCK BUCK BIG BUCK BRAWWK! :p
Pretty good effort Ivytalk. If Mr. Chicken is ever incapacitated you will get the first call. That being said, you are still miles away from the Master.

bluehenbillk
June 29th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Not surprising at all that DSU has NEVER filled a 4,500 seat stadium, why would the state spend money on building a 17,000 seater????

blukeys
June 29th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Not surprising at all that DSU has NEVER filled a 4,500 seat stadium, why would the state spend money on building a 17,000 seater????
Especially after putting a million into improvements to Alumni field the year before. However it is my understanding that in April and May a flood of requests came in for funding. The increased competition caused the scaling back.

GoGuins
June 29th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Where does Delaware hold it's high school championship games? One site or several? I'm talking the game that determines your state (division) champion

MR. CHICKEN
June 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM
NEWARK HIGH IS USUALLY DUH STATE CHAMPION!......MR. CHICKEN'S ALUM!.....AWK!

POISON IVY......HOW DID YA'LL GET INTA HAAAAVAAAD.....WHEN YA TALK LIKE MR. CHICKEN'S DRUNKEN....TRAILER PARK....BROTHERAH-IN-LAW?..........WATCH OUT FO' PENN'S...MATT CARRE........H-MAN...MET HIM AT UH BB-Q TWO YEARS AGO!...AWK!