PDA

View Full Version : NDSU #1 Ranked I-AA Team In The Country!

ONCEaBISON/ALWAYSaBISON
November 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Well, it is not a championship, and it really does not mean much, but Jeff Sagarin has ranked NDSU #1 in I-AA and #55 overall. :hurray:

The Bison may drop in the rankings as the FCS continues and playoff teams face some of their toughest competitors to date, but this season and the recognition gained can only help build this program.

It has been a great season and a fun team to watch. Good luck to the rest of the Championship Subdivision in their quest to crown a Champion.

swaghook
November 19th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Since NDSU can not go any further this year we need to take pride in what was acheived. This is by no means a NC but it is better then nothing.

November 19th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Well, it is not a championship, and it really does not mean much, but Jeff Sagarin has ranked NDSU #1 in I-AA and #55 overall...and other computer rankings have San Diego #1. Some treat Sagarin like it is something special but it is not. It is just another computer ranking... one of eight used by the GPI. It doesn't even rank all the opponents CS teams face... :nono: Sagarin is a BS ranking and was created to rate teams for the BCS. He cares nothing about anything else. So if folks want to talk about their SAG then more power to them but you're right, it doesn't mean much.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2006, 07:04 PM
NDSU had a fine team this year and it is a shame they are not eligible yet. They will be soon enough. If they had been, I think Montana State would be sitting at home this year.