PDA

View Full Version : congrats to CCU

vmisport
November 19th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Congrats to CCU for gaining an at large bid. It shows that even without the auto bid, if a team is good, the bid can be earned. The Big South was improved this year, and I look to the future when the Big South has the minimum of 6 programs and will earn its auto bid.

VMI lost all 4 conference games, by I believe a total of 19 points. VMI gave up a "gift" touchdown in every game which would have conceivably made the difference between 0-4 and 4-0. VMI will be better next year.

Can anyone tell me when the playoff division will vote on adding another regular season game?

rokamortis
November 19th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Congrats to CCU for gaining an at large bid. It shows that even without the auto bid, if a team is good, the bid can be earned. The Big South was improved this year, and I look to the future when the Big South has the minimum of 6 programs and will earn its auto bid.

VMI lost all 4 conference games, by I believe a total of 19 points. VMI gave up a "gift" touchdown in every game which would have conceivably made the difference between 0-4 and 4-0. VMI will be better next year.

Can anyone tell me when the playoff division will vote on adding another regular season game?

Thanks, i think it is a big step for CCU and the Big South to finally have a team invited to the party.

I believe the 12th game will be voted on in January, IIRC.

vmisport
November 19th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks, i think it is a big step for CCU and the Big South to finally have a team invited to the party.

I believe the 12th game will be voted on in January, IIRC.

Thanks for info. Good luck in the playoffs!! CCU has a very sound program and is certainly capable of beating ASU.

rokamortis
November 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks for info. Good luck in the playoffs!! CCU has a very sound program and is certainly capable of beating ASU.

It certainly will be a great challenge. I expect ASU to come out fired up, hopefully we will have an answer for them.

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I just pray that we justify our selection.

YoUDeeMan
November 19th, 2006, 09:55 PM
It is good to see CCU in the playoffs after coming close in past years. And, it is good that the committee reaffirmed SOS. Your AD and team rose to the challenge.

Not sure what chance you'll have against ASU, but the upgraded schedule will at least have you better prepared.

Good luck!

Sly Fox
November 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
You can count the Liberty folks on the board as also pleased to see the Chants get the invitation. :hurray:

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks Liberty

Ol Blue
November 21st, 2006, 07:24 AM
I agree with Sly Fox. Rivalries are fun but must be put aside when your conference champion is representing us in the playoffs.

CCU, goodluck and God speed.

BBB
November 21st, 2006, 07:31 AM
I remember when CCU kicked off it's first season.

Good job Coastal!

OL FU
November 21st, 2006, 07:55 AM
Congratulations CCU

th0m
November 21st, 2006, 08:33 AM
Good luck CCU! Maybe we'll get our 'revenge' a year early, who knows! ;)

lizrdgizrd
November 21st, 2006, 08:39 AM
Glad to have you guys as guests at KBS. Let's have a tough, clean game and may the best team win! Oh, and can we come play you guys next year? I'd love to hang in Myrtle Beach for a weekend!

Dabnus Brickey
November 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM
I've been talking to a ton of ASU people about places to go, etc. Nice people, I hope your team is nice too.

OL FU
November 21st, 2006, 09:10 AM
I have been amazed at the peace love and harmony shown by the ASU and CCU supporters on this board over the last week.:nod:

WTF:eek: :eyebrow:

lizrdgizrd
November 21st, 2006, 09:21 AM
I've been talking to a ton of ASU people about places to go, etc. Nice people, I hope your team is nice too.
Well, I wouldn't expect them to be nice during the game. But I'm sure they'll be nice before and after! :smiley_wi

lizrdgizrd
November 21st, 2006, 09:23 AM
I have been amazed at the peace love and harmony shown by the ASU and CCU supporters on this board over the last week.:nod:

WTF:eek: :eyebrow:
Just wait till they join the SoCon in a few years. Then they'll get all the love we give you guys! xlolx

MarkCCU
November 21st, 2006, 09:46 AM
It's great to see the Big South come together to support Coastal. I hope we do the conference proud and play the best damn game of football

Chants '07
November 21st, 2006, 09:47 AM
I'm headin up the mountain Saturday with a car full!!! Student tickets are 5bucks with a CCU I.D.

GO CHANTS!!!!

Coastal-Effect
November 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM
who can i call about getting tickets for the game? or where do i go online?

CoastalFan2005
November 21st, 2006, 05:36 PM
who can i call about getting tickets for the game? or where do i go online?

Head over to CoastalFans...there's lots of info there. :nod:

But, in short, e-mail [email protected] with your name & phone #, and let them know you'd like to go (if you're a student, it's $30; non-student, $45). I don't believe you have to pay until you show up at 7:30 Sat. morning (which is when the buses leave).