PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Carolina @ #1 Appalachian

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Discuss

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Looking for a good barbecue place to start off with...

CCU97
November 19th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Should be a much better match up than last time in Boone....although any game in Boone will be a tough one to win!

HiHiYikas
November 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Looking for a good barbecue place to start off with...

http://www.woodlandsbbq.com/

About 10 miles east of Boone on Hwy 321.

They also have a stand behind the home seats at Kidd Brewer.

Retro
November 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL95/5192267/12523693/206242306.jpg

CCU2003
November 19th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Wow, I guess the committee saw Coastal as the 16th seed; since regional seeding was thrown out the window sending Furman to Montana. It's an honor to get in, now we must work for respect. With that said.....there is no better place to earn respect than Boone this week! I gotta find ESPN U somewhere!

appfan2008
November 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM
lets get some predictions going
ASU 35
CCU 21

CCU97
November 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm sure Beef O'Brady will have the game on and beer flowing....

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 01:34 PM
channel 609 on your DirecTV dial

CCU2003
November 19th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I'm sure Beef O'Brady will have the game on and beer flowing....

Yeah, I wish I could be there! I'm out in Spokane,WA :bawling:

I gotta tell you that I wish CCU/Furman switched, then I could have made the game. Oh well, I'll find someplace to watch the game!!:hurray:

appmountaineermaniac
November 19th, 2006, 01:39 PM
what time will this game be played and will it be on espn2 or what network

SirApp
November 19th, 2006, 01:41 PM
3:30 ESPNU

coastalalum
November 19th, 2006, 01:43 PM
it'll be on espnu.....luckily i have that! :hurray:

although i'm only a little over two hours away in Va. so there may still be a chance i can make it there.

i know ccu's offense will likely give a much better showing in boone than last season...i'm just worried our defense couldn't stop the local watauga county high school teams, much less the mountaineers.

CCU2003
November 19th, 2006, 01:47 PM
The “I’m not crazy, we are playing the defending national champions” prediction:

1 2 3 4 F
CCU 0 7 7 ? ?
ASU 7 7 7 ? ?

ASU comes out hard and rams two touchdowns before CCU responds before half. We exchange touchdowns in the third and who the heck knows- with a lot of luck and maybe a long touchdown in the 4th?

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 19th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I think Coastal will make it a game.....close.....but App St will take it.

The bracket has some potential great games to be played in Boone.....Furman...JMU.....YSU.......

CCU2003
November 19th, 2006, 01:50 PM
The “I’m not crazy, we are playing the defending national champions” prediction:

……......…1 2 3 4 F
CCU....... 0 7 7 ? ?
ASU....... 7 7 7 ? ?

ASU comes out hard and rams two touchdowns before CCU responds before half. We exchange touchdowns in the third and who the heck knows- with a lot of luck and maybe a long touchdown in the 4th?

HiHiYikas
November 19th, 2006, 01:52 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL95/5192267/12523693/206242306.jpg
Boone and Bozeman...

It's the BFE Bowl and BFE Bowl 2.0

:smiley_wi

matfu
November 19th, 2006, 01:53 PM
as a furman fan i predict app state and montana state in the quarters! i don't think either coastal or furman has much of a chance. i would much rather be going to texas state (a warm climate) like ga southern last year. we got hosed but that is part of life.

Chants '07
November 19th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Looking forward to a great game!!

What more could you ask for as a fan of the chanticleers?

3 straight conference titles
1st playoff bid in program history, and wouldn't you know it, we get to go play the NUMBER 1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!!

Let's go CHANTS......WHY NOT US?

SuperJon
November 19th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I can guarantee one thing about this game:

Coastal won't be wearing white on white.

Chants '07
November 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'm looking for white with teal pants! I don't care if they wear pink, as long as they show up and compete.

I don't think we will be intimidated as was the case the last time. I'm expecting a tight game, as long as our defense decides to play. It's no doubt that our offense can put up points.

appisgreatest
November 19th, 2006, 02:02 PM
CCU keeps the game close but ASU pulls out a win by 14 points

JMUTuba
November 19th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I don't think CCU has a shot. Ya, I know they beat JMU last year, but after seeing App. St. this year... ouch. I think App. St. has the easiest quarter of the draw, seeing as they ripped Furman apart during the regular season.

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Boone and Bozeman...

It's the BFE Bowl and BFE Bowl 2.0

what does that make Charleston, Illinois?:D

MountaineerDrive
November 19th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I think we'll win, but it'll be a CLOSE game. David Bennett is too good of a coach for his boys to be intimidated out of the game early twice...also, I'm not sure THE ROCK will be ROCKIN with only around 10,000 for this first playoff game. An upset is possible though unlikely...I'm gonna go ahead and commit further blasphemy by saying I think Woodlands is overrated. The barbecue is mediocre and the sides are bland, but I guess it's about the best we have up here. I haven't made it to Baxter's on 321 in Boone yet, though I've heard its really good.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Go AppState....App State by 17

MountaineerDrive
November 19th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Go AppState....App State by 17

Thanks, its good to see not everyone else hates us.:hurray:

yoself09
November 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I think we'll win, but it'll be a CLOSE game. David Bennett is too good of a coach for his boys to be intimidated out of the game early twice...also, I'm not sure THE ROCK will be ROCKIN with only around 10,000 for this first playoff game. An upset is possible though unlikely...I'm gonna go ahead and commit further blasphemy by saying I think Woodlands is overrated. The barbecue is mediocre and the sides are bland, but I guess it's about the best we have up here. I haven't made it to Baxter's on 321 in Boone yet, though I've heard its really good.

xidiotx
As Kyle's mom would say

"What, What, What!!!"
Woodlands is awsome :nod:
its a pregame tradition in my family

Coastal89
November 19th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Dabrus, just stop at the Lone Star in Santee on your way up and get 3 or 4 Lbs of the Souths best BBQ to go. :nod: :nod:

walliver
November 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I am tempted to make thus my upset special for the week. This funny feeling tells me the Beach Chickens will win by two, but my brain says the Hillbillies pull away in the second hald and win by 21.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Go Appy!!! AppState by 17!

CCUBeachChicken
November 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
...but my brain says the Hillbillies pull away in the second hald and win by 21.

I don't know who will win, and I refuse to predict the outcome, but if anything I think that it will get closer in the second half. Coastal is stellar in the 3rd and 4th.

chiapet9
November 19th, 2006, 06:53 PM
ASU wins. convincingly. i'm going to say 35-7.

they play Montana State in the 2nd round and are given a run for their money.

appfan2008
November 19th, 2006, 07:00 PM
bandana's is much better than woodlands and has a better atmosphere and better prices but back to the more important point that i think the game will be close for a while bc we will come out thinking we are better than we are. after a good halftime speech we take over and win 35-21

BULLDOG8180
November 19th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Not even close- App.St. by a lot!

windwalker
November 19th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry... heard it mentioned on the selection show.. that the committee went to bed early... that there wasn't any big issues...
I think number of teams got dissed..

Regionalism only works 'sometimes'.. I think I am almost ready for them to go to the full 1 thru 16 rankings... and the heck with who is close to who...

heck with... you can't play some one in your conference the first round.. or like some have said, someone you have already played this year... No rule against it.. just like it is taboo..

oh well.. poopie occurs...

MarkCCU
November 19th, 2006, 07:43 PM
this will be one hell of a game...it's gonna be different than last year../.way different

tarmac
November 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Hannah"s in Lenoir is good and priced right. No beer. It's on Hwy 321 on the left just after you go thru the big intersection.

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 09:22 PM
You know, I'm just happy there's been as many posts about bbq as game talk. Thanks App. St. fans, you guys have been behind us for awhile now. Much love and respect...I hope we play well Saturday. I'll be there.

I'll make a sign that says "Dabnus" on it.

ASU Kep
November 19th, 2006, 09:29 PM
You know, I'm just happy there's been as many posts about bbq as game talk. Thanks App. St. fans, you guys have been behind us for awhile now. Much love and respect...I hope we play well Saturday. I'll be there.

I'll make a sign that says "Dabnus" on it.

I'll be the dude in the gorilla suit. :D :nod:

CoastalFan2005
November 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Who's for an AGS get-together at the game? I believe some of us from CoastalFans may be planning an unofficial one, why not do it for us crazy folks from AGS, also? :nod:

MountaineerDrive
November 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
xidiotx
As Kyle's mom would say

"What, What, What!!!"
Woodlands is awsome :nod:
its a pregame tradition in my family

Sorry, I gotta call it like I taste it. North Carolina style BBQ (the only real style) is my favorite food, and naturally eating Woodlands is better than about any other food on earth, but IMHO it ranks pretty low when compared to other joints around this state. Another negative; Woodlands tea hasn't been sweet enough when I've been there...GO APP!!!

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I'm going to get about a pound, some buns, and a few beers...there's my tailgate!!!

bustingnut
November 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM
You all need to get the good eastern nc barbecue, none of that tomato based crap.

'neers79
November 19th, 2006, 10:14 PM
bandana's is much better than woodlands and has a better atmosphere and better prices but back to the more important point that i think the game will be close for a while bc we will come out thinking we are better than we are. after a good halftime speech we take over and win 35-21

I havn't eaten at Woodlands, but I will say that bandana's is horrible... That is not BBQ. I don't like getting into this debate, but if you want real bbq, you have to go to Lexington. There, I said it, you won't hear anything else out of me about it...By the way, on the topic of football, I was at the Coastal game yesterday, and we better not take them lightly. They have some great players and they won't quit. . . and whoever guards Jerome Simpson (19) better have a step ladder.

KiddBrewer
November 19th, 2006, 10:17 PM
If youre going through Statesville on your way up the mountain, stop by Ol' Bob's BBQ on 115, just off I-40 (in the Food Lion shopping center).

YoUDeeMan
November 19th, 2006, 10:18 PM
You all need to get the good eastern nc barbecue, none of that tomato based crap.

OK, i'll bite. What is in eastern nc BBQ?

I lived in Texas for several years and had some great BBQ from different parts of that state. Then, a friend who lived in SC sent me some BBQ sauce that was made with vinegar - apparently lots of it. That took some getting used to and I can't say it will replace the Texas style.

What is the secret to NC BBQ sauce?

KiddBrewer
November 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Cattlemen's BBQ sauce, vinegar, crushed red pepper.

KiddBrewer
November 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
not too much vinegar though.

Dabnus Brickey
November 19th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I'm all about the vinegar based bbq.

yosef1969
November 19th, 2006, 10:21 PM

Worked there in college and can attest to the fact that Woodlands has no tomato based crap in its sauce or Que! Gotta get a sandwich at halftime, it's tradition but IMO opinion I have to agree with MountaineerDrive, it doesn't compare with the likes of Wilbur's, Speedy's, Lexington #1 etc.

Now back to the issue at hand. Mountaineers pull it out in a closer than expected game. I watched CCU yesterday on Sport South. They are explosive. However they better hope that they don't start out like they did against the BUCS. It could be over before they get the chance to make a game of it!

Block-A
November 19th, 2006, 10:40 PM
IN GENERAL: Eastern NC barbecue is thin, vinegar and spice based. Western NC has a tomato base. You can read all about it <a href="http://www.northcarolina.com/stories/bbq.html">here</a>.

"There are two different styles of North Carolina Barbecue, Eastern and Western. In both cases the sauce is a vinegar-based concoction, heavily seasoned; the largest difference is that the Western, or Lexington style of barbecue adds a small amount of tomato-base to the sauce, and also roasts pork shoulders in preference to the whole hog. That's it. That's the difference."

I worked in Blowing Rock for a very long time and only had Woodland's barbecue once; I was not impressed. But, that may just be me, because I've met lots of people who swear up and down that it's great. I do like the Hickory Smokehouse, on 127 in Hickory, but I've never had the barbecue; I always get the chicken. There's nothing like a good half of a smoked chicken on a Saturday afternoon, with a little slaw and some fries.

Appguy
November 19th, 2006, 10:46 PM
this went from a game thread to a barbeque thread fastxlolx

Block-A
November 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Might as well talk about the BBQ now, it's still Sunday!

appman87
November 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Woodlands is great but My my father loved eastern BBQ(may he rest in peace). Oh by the way App 35 CCU 21

FUPaladin63
November 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM
To CCU fans looking for barbecue and beer: Don't drink too much because while the atmosphere in ASU's KB Stadium is great, there is only one portajohn behind the visitors stands for guys! How's that for great moonshiner hospitality?

FUPaladin63
November 19th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Although my druthers would be for Furman to meet Coastal Cackalina in round two in Greenville, (sweet, sweet payback!) I think ASU will trounce the Chants by four TDs.

YoUDeeMan
November 20th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the BBQ tips, the link, and the good southern hospitality! :thumbsup:

Some of the other threads have turned into spitting contests.

If UD ever has a home and home with ASU, I'll have to come down and try some of the places in this thread.

Actually, UD should be back in the playoffs next year, so there's a chance I'll be trying some of your BBQ or you folks will be trying some of our local food. :smiley_wi

In the meantime, good luck to both ASU and CCU in the 2006 playoffs! Hope it is a good game.

Chants '07
November 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Although my druthers would be for Furman to meet Coastal Cackalina in round two in Greenville, (sweet, sweet payback!) I think ASU will trounce the Chants by four TDs.

I can promise you this game will be better than the one the paladins gave the mountaineers!!!

WE BELIEVE!!!

B&G
November 20th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Congrats to Coastal. I was rooting for ya to get in last year. And maybe next year I'll even root for you to win a game in the playoffs. But it won't happen this year. Baby steps... App 35 Shants 17 (Although I thought we'd blow out a certain Patriot League foe in the first rd of last year's playoffs)

As for the BBQ... Bridge's BBQ in Shelby, NC off of Hwy 74. I've taken a few Yankees there that thought Sonny's was authentic BBQ. They now know that BBQ isn't just cooking meat on a grill.

AppStateSVX
November 20th, 2006, 01:12 AM
I can promise you this game will be better than the one the paladins gave the mountaineers!!!

WE BELIEVE!!!

that isn't saying much......:D

iguerin
November 20th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Couple things:
No. 1, I'm glad I finally registered for an account here -- you guys and gals keep it interesting all the time. (Although I'm pretty sure the San Diego fans hate all of you.)
2: Call me biased, but have any of you ever been to Kansas City? Don't get me wrong, I love living in the Carolinas, but the BBQ doesn't compare.
3: Expectedly, we've got a ton of stuff running this week. We have two reporters, our main columnist and a photog working a lot of OT. Should give some good looks at this game and the build up. I'll also be blogging quite a bit, adding some notes that don't fit in print, etc. (P.S.: because I know some of you all on the West Coast will be taking advantage of the time change, stories are updated on our site at 3 a.m. EST. This also applies to the East Coasters who are taking advantage of fall break.)

Again, thanks for the banter on here, and, as always, feel free to email.

Ian Guerin
Myrtle Beach Sun News

Appstate29
November 20th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Congrats to Coastal. I was rooting for ya to get in last year. And maybe next year I'll even root for you to win a game in the playoffs. But it won't happen this year. Baby steps... App 35 Shants 17 (Although I thought we'd blow out a certain Patriot League foe in the first rd of last year's playoffs)

As for the BBQ... Bridge's BBQ in Shelby, NC off of Hwy 74. I've taken a few Yankees there that thought Sonny's was authentic BBQ. They now know that BBQ isn't just cooking meat on a grill.

You are right there my friend, Bridges BBQ is superb, and the sauce is exquisite. I go there several times a year from Boone or Charlotte.

Dabnus Brickey
November 20th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Its all about hospitality. If ASU comes here, I'd help them get some good seafood.

BeauFoster
November 20th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Its all about hospitality. If ASU comes here, I'd help them get some good seafood.

Next stop...Murrells Inlet! Also, ASU by 21.

windwalker
November 20th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I'll be the dude in the gorilla suit. :D :nod:

OMG... are we bringing the Rabbit????

:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

appst97
November 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Next stop...Murrells Inlet! Also, ASU by 21.

Isn't Murrell's Inlet between the Tackle and the Tight End?

Coastal89
November 20th, 2006, 07:13 AM

I thought the rabbit died Wind.:D

youwouldno
November 20th, 2006, 07:24 AM

WE BELIEVE!!!

You'll need a lot more than that.

App St 35
CCU 13

BeauFoster
November 20th, 2006, 07:29 AM

Excellent! xlolx

chiapet9
November 20th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Cattlemen's BBQ sauce, vinegar, crushed red pepper.
best stuff ever. :D

Dabnus Brickey
November 20th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I'd actually point you to Calabash, but there's some great places in Murrell's Inlet. I used to live around there.

Jaques
November 20th, 2006, 08:01 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx That's hillarious!xlolx xlolx xlolx

BillLuc1982
November 20th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Next game please.

Dabnus Brickey
November 20th, 2006, 08:15 AM
And there's some good places close to the campus at Broadway at the Beeach...

BeauFoster
November 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I'd actually point you to Calabash, but there's some great places in Murrell's Inlet. I used to live around there.

My family used to vacation at Ocean Isle Beach and we would go to Calabash at least once for dinner, sometimes more often. I got hooked on a place at Murrell's Inlet that had all you can eat crab-legs on the cheap. I can't remember the name but could drive there with no trouble.

ThompsonThe
November 20th, 2006, 09:14 AM
:thumbsup: Congratulations to Coastal Carolina....they have come a long
way in a short period of time. Have played teams like Furman and Wofford and they have proved themselves worthy by beating them. But what the heck is their mascot? Is it a French word for some animal?:read: :read:
My prediction ASU 38 , CCU 14. :hurray:

P.S. - Bridges BBQ in Shelby IS the best.

MarkCCU
November 20th, 2006, 09:32 AM
My fellow chants, y'all know exactly where to go for the best BBQ...Prossers in Murrels Inlet

CoastalFan2005
November 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM
But what the heck is their mascot?

http://www.coastal.edu/about/chanticleer.html

:nod:

NC Mountaineer
November 20th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Coastal finally gets the chance to prove itself...and to back up all the Chant smack...i hope they bring their best

CoastalFan2005
November 20th, 2006, 09:45 AM
...and to back up all the Chant smack...

Hey, at least there's not as much smack about this game as there was about the CSU game. :nod:

That being said...I don't plan to smack much about this one. I have much respect for App's team this year, but am also confident that my team will have a most excellent showing at The Rock this weekend. It won't be 30-3, I can tell you that.

I look forward to meeting you guys in Boone this Saturday! :hurray:

Dabnus Brickey
November 20th, 2006, 09:46 AM
We're not talking any smack to you guys. We just hate CSU.

Black and Gold Express
November 20th, 2006, 09:56 AM
this will be one hell of a game...it's gonna be different than last year../.way different
You mean you'll actually stop a running attack for a change?

Smacking a little, but the stats show you are terrible against the run. We run the ball very well, and last year ran for well over 200 yards against you. Our running game is as explosive as last season as well.

Until you prove you can slow down a running game, there is no reason to think this will be a close game, no offense. Then there is the matter of you scoring on the ASU defense, which nobody in I-AA has been able to do much all season long.

ASU is 8th in total offense and 8th in total defense in I-AA. That's a hell of a figure to put out there. I knew the defense was highly ranked, I didn't think the offense would be. We could very well ride this defense to Chattanooga again, they're even better han what CCU saw last year (and could manage only 3 points against).

APPSTER
November 20th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Congrats to The Chants....beating Wofford and Furman shows that you belong....that being said, if both teams play their best, the Apps should win 35 - 21. But, a fumble here, a pickoff there and you never know....that's why we show up at Kidd Brewer and watch every freakin' down. Playoff football at The Rock - does it get any better?

Don't even THINK about watching it on ESPNU - get up to The Rock!

AppGuy04
November 20th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Coastal's defense hasn't stopped anybody yet, It won't start now. Not smacking, honest truth

appfan2008
November 20th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I wish they didn't have the first round games on Thanksgiving weekend. I am a junior at App. but will be at my girlfriends house for the game. I havent missed a single home game since I have been here and I have made it to 6 away games not including Chattanooga which I also made! I live on campus so I cant come back early and its too far to drive for the day. I wish they could move these games back a week. Does anyone else agree with no games on Thanksgiving weekend?

Black and Gold Express
November 20th, 2006, 10:41 AM
You can come back early, the dorms will be opened on Saturday, unless they suddenly did a reversal of that long-standing rule. There is no reason for you to miss this game, get your butt back to Boone for it.

Kiss My Apps
November 20th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Early forecast...

http://www.booneweather.com/images/cache/asubanner.jpg?junk=1164043097

Appstate29
November 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Kiss My Apps]Early forecast...

QUOTE]

What you meant to say was:
Early forecast...

PAIN!!!

appisgreatest
November 20th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I am leaving early to get back to school for this game..... I wouldn't leave early to go back to school for any other reason!:rotateh:

Caldwell County APP
November 20th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Here is the early Tailgate menu for Boone on Saturday: FRIED BEACH CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Appstate29
November 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Early forecast...

What you meant to say was:

Early forecast...
PAIN!!!

Dabnus Brickey
November 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm just looking forward to going. Appy. St. has been one of the standards for I-AA football for a long time. I'm happy to be a part of the top 16 teams in the country and am proud of our program.

bodoyle
November 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
We played our best defensive half last saturday in the 2nd half agaisnt chucky.

120 yards
2 punts
3 picks
2 turnover on downs

APPSTER
November 20th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I wish they didn't have the first round games on Thanksgiving weekend. I am a junior at App. but will be at my girlfriends house for the game. I havent missed a single home game since I have been here and I have made it to 6 away games not including Chattanooga which I also made! I live on campus so I cant come back early and its too far to drive for the day. I wish they could move these games back a week. Does anyone else agree with no games on Thanksgiving weekend?

Dude, you have a whole day to get back to Boone and get ready for this game. The dorms will be open and the atmosphere electric! Watch it at your girlfriend's house? Are you kidding? This is playoff football!

Everyone's going to be tailgating and having a great time at The Rock and you're going to be sitting there trying to explain what a Chanticleer is to your girlfriend's little brother. Ugh!:(

"No" to ESPNU - "yes" to The Rock! :hurray:

Jaques
November 20th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Dude, you have a whole day to get back to Boone and get ready for this game. The dorms will be open and the atmosphere electric! Watch it at your girlfriend's house? Are you kidding? This is playoff football!

Everyone's going to be tailgating and having a great time at The Rock and you're going to be sitting there trying to explain what a Chanticleer is to your girlfriend's little brother. Ugh!:(
"No" to ESPNU - "yes" to The Rock! :hurray:

xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASUsnare
November 20th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Man, I wish I had the chance to get to this game. Showdown of the Mountains vs the Coast. Winner should be crowned best vacation spot. Anyway, I'll be stuck here in STUPID Manhattan Kansas watching the U. Look for a close game but in the end...the streak continues!!! GO APPS!!!!

Black Saturday
November 20th, 2006, 12:17 PM

……......…1 2 3 4 F
CCU....... 0 7 7 ? ?
ASU....... 7 7 7 ? ?

No FCS or I-AA has put more than 10 points on APPs 1st team D

I don't think that'll change with CCU.

Black and Gold Express
November 20th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Coastal has no advantages going into this game. Here's the two common CCU "causes for hope" I've read so far:
Experience. They have 36 seniors. That's fine. How many of them have played one down of playoff football? None. Contrast that with every major player, save one, on ASU's side having a National Championship ring in their possession. Armanti's the sole major player without one. For this game, if we needed to lean a lot more on Richardson and the rest of the offense if Edwards has early jitters, I think we'll be okay. There's experience, then there's playoff experience.
Thigpen and Simpson. Great players both. How many points did they put up on ASU's defense last year? Zero. An ASU defense that is better this year than last as well. I expect them to have a couple of big plays, but Simpson will no doubt be doubled at some point (likely by Wiggins, and woe to Simpson the first time Jeremy gets a lock on him at full speed) and CCU will have to get production elsewhere. Also, CCU's O-line will have a chore keeping Murrell, Byrom, and Tharrington out of their backfield.Add to that the overwhelming advantages ASU has, home field, an overwhelmingly better defense and a better offense (especially rushing, going up against a statistically terrible rush defense for CCU). If there is going to be a blowout in the first round, this probably has the best chance of being it.

This is not a knock on CCU, but I think an upset might be keeping this game close in the second half. ASU rolled 30-3 despite literally giving back in penalties almost all of Richardson's 200 yards rushing. Hard to believe they'll manage to get 180+ yards of penalties again.

CCU, prove me wrong, but I expect our backups to get a lot of action (for good reasons) in the 4th quarter this weekend.

SirApp
November 20th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Just a few quotes from goasu.com:

"There's no need to look ahead," Moore said. "It's useless to do that. None of it matters if you don't win this week."

"I watched their game against Charleston Southern on TV (a 31-17 win by the Chanticleers on Saturday) and they had a lot of big plays," Moore said. "We've got great respect for them. They've won three conference championships in a row and we know they're a good football team."

"We're not looking at what happened last year," said Omarr Byrom, a defensive tackle for ASU. "That was early in the season and this will be different. This is the playoffs. We know they're a good team, and that they've won a lot of games since we've played them."

Appalachian will not look past this team and will be prepared for them. This game has the potential for a shootout.

BigApp
November 20th, 2006, 01:52 PM

:bawling: :bawling: :nonono2: excuses :nonono2: :bawling: :bawling:

Get your ass up to the Rock and quit your whining. You'll be banging some other broad by Easter anyway. What are you going to be able to do with your boo in front her daddy?

Don't violate Man Law.

AppGuy04
November 20th, 2006, 02:00 PM
We played our best defensive half last saturday in the 2nd half agaisnt chucky.

120 yards
2 punts
3 picks
2 turnover on downs

Bo, you I and have talked about this before. Coastal can hang with anyone when they put 2 halves together, they have rarely done that though.

CCU97
November 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
AppyGuy04....I couldn't agree more with your last post....They can hang...they just haven't put too many full games together...lets hope Saturday is the first of a streak of them....

psc2445
November 20th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I'm looking forward to heading up to Boone on saturday morning to see if the chants have improved as much as they seem to think. I think our defense will prove to be too much for the chants in the end. i forsee a 31-14 win for the Mountaineers.

Black and Gold Express
November 20th, 2006, 02:16 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :nonono2: excuses :nonono2: :bawling: :bawling:

Get your ass up to the Rock and quit your whining. You'll be banging some other broad by Easter anyway. What are you going to be able to do with your boo in front her daddy?

Don't violate Man Law.

Damn, now that's harsh. Pull no punches, BigApp. :eek:

BigApp
November 20th, 2006, 02:18 PM
should I tone it down a little, BNG? :p

Black and Gold Express
November 20th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Nope, in fact see what you can do to kick it up a notch. This is the playoffs, everyone's gotta give a little extra...

SirApp
November 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM
No excuses, play like a champion!

BigApp
November 20th, 2006, 02:45 PM
amen!

CCU97
November 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Not that I expect us to go to the Rock and beat you guys but....the last time we played the defending champs....I'm just hoping we don't play like last time...

Souza
November 20th, 2006, 03:18 PM
No excuses, play like a champion!

If this isn't an option, drink like one.

Chants '07
November 20th, 2006, 03:26 PM
1. 30+ seniors, no they don't have one snap of playoff experience. But this group of guys have been here since GAME #1. They have been through every up and down this young program has had and they will not let down the man next to them this weekend. Every year in the playoffs ONE TEAM plays above their potential, Why not us? 3 of Tyler's top 4 performances this season have came on the road, @Wofford @Georgia Southern @Gardner Webb

2. I've heard many times over from players that there was NO BODY IN THE STANDS DURING WARM-UPS, BUT WHEN THEY CAME BACK ON THE FIELD TO START THE GAME THE STADIUM WAS ELECTRIC. The road trip last year was the most hostile environment that Coastal has played in, BY FAR. Well, the students are gone due to break, and from what I've heard the expected crowd is no more than 10-15k. That does make a difference!

3. Your're absolutely right, Coastal only managed 3 points last year at the Rock. We have a new O.C. and one of the top QB/WR connections in the nation. Thig has thrown for 2945 yards and 26 TD's this season. Jerome Simpson has caught 54 passes for 945 yards and 14 TD's . We have a solid core of recievers behind simpson as well. Santini Washington, Chris Noble, and Perry Parks all do a fine job of getting open. And the Tight End Rodney Burgess is as good as any over the middle when he's healthy.
I understand completely that App's D is just as good as the one that shut us down last year, but Coastal's offense last year and the offense this year don't even compare.

Our D has not stopped anybody all season. Some of the scores are a little inflated due to some penalties (i.e. the Liberty game). There have been other games when the offense has left the D in bad situations due to turnovers. But if our Offense can move the ball with some success and avoid the 3 and outs it could happen!

I'm not saying that Coastal will come into App and dominate by any stretch of the imagination, but I do expect it to be a tight game, with turnovers deciding the outcome. If we turn the ball over we don't stand a chance. If App turns the ball over our chances increase, but we could still lose by 21. Coastal cannot beat themselves!

I'll save my prediction for later in the week, but I must say, from what I've seen of App on film thus far, doesn't look like they've missed a beat since the National Championship last year, Edwards is amazing.

Walkon79
November 20th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Go CCU, Win and the Cats might get ANOTHER home game!!

windwalker
November 20th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Early forecast...

http://www.booneweather.com/images/cache/asubanner.jpg?junk=1164043097

Perfect football weather...

ASU Kep
November 20th, 2006, 03:32 PM

I was hoping one of you Coastal fans would get that reference. :D

But, seriously...I'm going to be in a gorilla suit.

psc2445
November 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM

you selfish bastard!xlolx

SirApp
November 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Perfect football weather...

I'm sure it'll change tomorrow :smiley_wi

DB_Atlantic10
November 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Looking forward to a great game!!

What more could you ask for as a fan of the chanticleers?

3 straight conference titles
1st playoff bid in program history, and wouldn't you know it, we get to go play the NUMBER 1 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!!

Let's go CHANTS......WHY NOT US? The last time you guys played the #1 team on the country...you won!!

CCU97
November 20th, 2006, 07:01 PM
We sure did...but then again that was a home team and they had a down year....Boone will be much different....we just want a good game and can only hope that things turn our way....would be a minor miracle to win in Boone but we have upset a few teams in 4 years.

BrevardMountaineer03
November 20th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I look for it to be close early, but I think App has too much playoff hunger and experience against Coastal. It will be a good game.

'neers79
November 20th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I'm just looking forward to going. Appy. St. has been one of the standards for I-AA football for a long time. I'm happy to be a part of the top 16 teams in the country and am proud of our program.

You should be proud of your program. I was at the beach and the game , and I read the article in the Friday paper. Practicing on a farm?. . . in SC?. . .I spent my summers in SC and there is no hell like the gnats and heat. If you beat us, then you should win the whole thing. . The movie will be great. Maybe Hoke can write the screenplay

Souza
November 20th, 2006, 07:41 PM
This is going to be the biggest football stadium I have ever been to, with the school I absolutely love taking center stage. This is perfect. This is why I came down here, all the other schools I looked at up north had no football. I decided to come here because of a phone call my cousin made as she charged the field after the Chants' first game ever. I wanted what she was feeling. So far I have had that feeling tenfold, hopefully we can add to it Saturday!

I hate saying "I think we can make it a good game" and "we have to justify our spot", the team is looking to win, so I am looking to win, yea I am glad they made it and it will be a great experience, but I don't want the experience to be soured by a loss.

GO CHANTS!

appsfan
November 20th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the 1-AA playoffs Coastal, but not for long. The Mountaineers playoff experience, talent, and a week's rest help them overcome a slow start to win 31-14 and advance to the next round. BTW, I think Woodlands has great BBQ, but not quite to the level in Lexington, Goldsboro, or Wilson. Argueing about the best BBQ is fruitless IMO. Lexington style vs Eastern style- nobody loses that debate. The question is which is the best bourbon for which BBQ?:confused:

Coastal89
November 20th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the 1-AA playoffs Coastal, but not for long. The Mountaineers playoff experience, talent, and a week's rest help them overcome a slow start to win 31-14 and advance to the next round. BTW, I think Woodlands has great BBQ, but not quite to the level in Lexington, Goldsboro, or Wilson. Argueing about the best BBQ is fruitless IMO. Lexington style vs Eastern style- nobody loses that debate. The question is which is the best bourbon for which BBQ?:confused:
No doubt about it, FIGHTING COCK!

HiHiYikas
November 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
1. 30+ seniors, no they don't have one snap of playoff experience. But this group of guys have been here since GAME #1...

...Edwards is amazing.
Good assessment, Chants. Only I'd say that ASU's defense is improved over last season. I'm not sure to what extent the improved ASU D will match/fail to match the improved CCU O.

And hey, it looks like there are a lot of new ASU and CCU posters online lately. Welcome to the neighborhood, folks.

Glad you're here.

Coastal89
November 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Or a trip to the Beach.:nod: :nod:

james_lawfirm
November 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not saying that Coastal will come into App and dominate by any stretch of the imagination, but I do expect it to be a tight game, with turnovers deciding the outcome. If we turn the ball over we don't stand a chance. If App turns the ball over our chances increase, but we could still lose by 21. Coastal cannot beat themselves!

I'll save my prediction for later in the week, but I must say, from what I've seen of App on film thus far, doesn't look like they've missed a beat since the National Championship last year, Edwards is amazing.

Chants '07:
App's one weakness that I have seen is turnovers. But it seems to me that we are about due for some takeaways ourselves. Unlike last year's 1st round vs. Lafayette, I don't think there will be any "jitters" this time.

This entire year, App has done more of the fundamentals of the game right than anyone else. App plays a full game, from offense, to defense, to special teams, it's all there. :bow: :bow: It does bother me though when other teams blame their loss on "beating themselves." As if the opposing team had nothing to do with it. Teams (and coaches) who say that do not even know why they just got beaten, just that they lost. Western Carolina comes to mind. :bawling:

Having said that, it appears to me that you guys have had a great season. I am looking forward to a good game this Saturday. Good luck in the Big South! Also, CCU gets my vote for a move to the Southern Conference should the opportunity present itself. Welcome to the Rock. Go Apps! :hurray:

CarolinaGirl
November 20th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Coastal has no advantages going into this game. Here's the two common CCU "causes for hope" I've read so far:
Experience. They have 36 seniors. That's fine. How many of them have played one down of playoff football? None. Contrast that with every major player, save one, on ASU's side having a National Championship ring in their possession. Armanti's the sole major player without one. For this game, if we needed to lean a lot more on Richardson and the rest of the offense if Edwards has early jitters, I think we'll be okay. There's experience, then there's playoff experience.
Thigpen and Simpson. Great players both. How many points did they put up on ASU's defense last year? Zero. An ASU defense that is better this year than last as well. I expect them to have a couple of big plays, but Simpson will no doubt be doubled at some point (likely by Wiggins, and woe to Simpson the first time Jeremy gets a lock on him at full speed) and CCU will have to get production elsewhere. Also, CCU's O-line will have a chore keeping Murrell, Byrom, and Tharrington out of their backfield.Add to that the overwhelming advantages ASU has, home field, an overwhelmingly better defense and a better offense (especially rushing, going up against a statistically terrible rush defense for CCU). If there is going to be a blowout in the first round, this probably has the best chance of being it.

This is not a knock on CCU, but I think an upset might be keeping this game close in the second half. ASU rolled 30-3 despite literally giving back in penalties almost all of Richardson's 200 yards rushing. Hard to believe they'll manage to get 180+ yards of penalties again.

CCU, prove me wrong, but I expect our backups to get a lot of action (for good reasons) in the 4th quarter this weekend.

Geez, we should just stay home...maybe call in sick for the game...don't waste the gas...miss out on all this yummy sounding bbq....
Anyway, I had an overwhelming need to respond to that.
Otherwise...
I'M FIRED UP!! :hyped: I missed the game in Boone last year. I don't expect that we are going to go up there and run App St. off their own field or anything and I realize that mostly everyone is looking past this game to who App will play in the 2nd round. I know that I don't need to tell you that when we were there last year, we had just played and won our first game against a SoCon team on the road (albeit Elon) and came home and beat the National Defending Champions in our house the next week. Our guys were on a serious high and that was our major mistake coming into Boone. They have most certainly grown up and matured since that fateful day last year. You aren't going to hear any smack talk from me or most other CCU fans on AGS. I have a lot of respect for App St. and their fans and would never insult any of you like that. I do expect that we will bring a much better game this time around. Our offense has stepped it up considerably this season and our defense gets it done well also. I just don't believe that you are going to see the same team that you saw last year. But it will be okay if everyone wants to overlook us this weekend. I will be getting to see and spend time with close friends in N. Wilkes so my trip up the mountain will be well worth the trip regardless of what happens. I will skip the prediction. I'm too "chicken".

smallcollegefbfan
November 20th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Geez, we should just stay home...maybe call in sick for the game...don't waste the gas...miss out on all this yummy sounding bbq....
Anyway, I had an overwhelming need to respond to that.
Otherwise...
I'M FIRED UP!! :hyped: I missed the game in Boone last year. I don't expect that we are going to go up there and run App St. off their own field or anything and I realize that mostly everyone is looking past this game to who App will play in the 2nd round. I know that I don't need to tell you that when we were there last year, we had just played and won our first game against a SoCon team on the road (albeit Elon) and came home and beat the National Defending Champions in our house the next week. Our guys were on a serious high and that was our major mistake coming into Boone. They have most certainly grown up and matured since that fateful day last year. You aren't going to hear any smack talk from me or most other CCU fans on AGS. I have a lot of respect for App St. and their fans and would never insult any of you like that. I do expect that we will bring a much better game this time around. Our offense has stepped it up considerably this season and our defense gets it done well also. I just don't believe that you are going to see the same team that you saw last year. But it will be okay if everyone wants to overlook us this weekend. I will be getting to see and spend time with close friends in N. Wilkes so my trip up the mountain will be well worth the trip regardless of what happens. I will skip the prediction. I'm too "chicken".

I think both teams will play better than they did last year. I personally think that CCU will score some but I don't see them stopping the run. I do think they can contain ASU's passing attack but the QB Armanti Edwards is just too quick to stop running with your run defense.

If I had to predict a score I would say ASU 28 Coastal Carolina 13. I think ASU's defense is just too good to give up 20 points to you and I do think that Kevin Richardson will have a 150+ yard, 3 TD type game. I also think Edwards runs for 80+ and a TD or so.

I hope it is a good game. I will be watching it and the YSU-JMU game on TV this weekend. Good luck to both teams!

Reed Rothchild
November 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Appy rolls, and rolls, and rolls, all the way to a repeat title!

FUOneTime
November 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Not sure if you guys have seen this over on CSN.com yet, but there's a good article on the playoff selection. Well it was good right up until the end when they totally disrespect the Chanticleers with this gem:

"Every year, at least one team seemingly fit outside of the regional box the NCAA adopted following the 9-11 tragedy in 2001. And this year’s frequent flier award goes to Furman, who will travel to Bozeman, Mont. to take on Montana State in the first round.

The winner of that game gets the honor of playing the defending champion, Appalachian State."

Oops. I think they meant "gets the honor of playing the winner of the App St/Coastal Carolina game."

Anyways, here's a good game on Saturday. :beerchug: I can honestly say I won't be rooting against either team. I'd love to see Coastal do well in the playoffs, and I gotta pull for my SoCon brethern. Besides I've already found a babysitter on the remote chance Furman will be travelling to the mountain for another a$$kicking on the 12/2.

Mountaineer#96
November 21st, 2006, 08:09 AM
I would rather see Montana State up here if we make it past Coastal this week. I just can't see us dropping 40 on your boys again or even pullin out another one. Just does not seem practical, the way our rivalry has gone over the years. I also like the idea of Montana State traveling all the way here, and although the cold won't play into our favor or the elevation they will be coming a awful long way.

bodoyle
November 21st, 2006, 08:39 AM
Small College: Normally, I would agree with your statement about our rush defense,but last week gave me confidence with the great 2nd half we had.

Not smacking here, but woff and furman thought their QB's would run on us and we would lose as well......:nod:

bodoyle
November 21st, 2006, 08:50 AM
I think the game can hinge on both teams ability/inability to pass successfully with app #11 and us #12 in pass defense.

If appy can't pass, we can just stack the box with 8 men and kill the run. If Thig can get a few passes completed early and keep the LB's a few yards back that will free up PERK, Tolbert and Fordham. And if we can get play action and get the DB's/SS's to bite then Simson shall have a fest. *no pun intended*

I like our match-ups of PERK (6'2" 245) and Tolbert (5'11" 250) on the appy LB's.

Dabnus Brickey
November 21st, 2006, 08:58 AM
Not if Perk doesn't start running the ball hard...he tiptoes more often than not this year. I've had a problem with him only running hard when he knows he can score.

rokamortis
November 21st, 2006, 09:30 AM
Not if Perk doesn't start running the ball hard...he tiptoes more often than not this year. I've had a problem with him only running hard when he knows he can score.

Bennett said he told perk if he would only run as hard the entire game as he does 4-5 plays then we'd see him on Sundays. Tolbert seems to be a guy that runs hard no matter what. I am glad we have both of these guys on our team though. :nod:

bodoyle
November 21st, 2006, 09:54 AM

Spread 5 wide and swing it to PERK he likes that play and seems to bowl over people.

HaveFunKc
November 21st, 2006, 09:59 AM
amen!
I'll second that. It's killing me not be there Saturday!! I'm currently in BeiJing, China and APPsolutely hating not being there... Get to the game!!

Try finding a place in BJ, China that has ESPNU on at 4:30 am Sunday? Ouch!!!

Prediction: close game 1st half (our defense likes starting slow - feel the other guys out). Chants will take advantage of that, however; Richardson/Edwards will more than compensate for the slow defensive start - run game takes off for APP.

Then the defense will take over (if you can't run against the front 4, where do the other 7 play? They play in Tyler's sandbox). I see Thigpen getting pressured all day (even Chants agree - they haven't seen a defense like this all year).

CCU has had the best year of their existence and should celebrate the accomplishmet - Nice job Chants! Let's get the party started...

Call me crazy, but I see this one:

CCU: 24 (maybe less)
Reigning National Champions: 45
This team is special team. Now's the time to prove it.
Welcome to the Best College Football Playoffs in the World!

Chants '07
November 21st, 2006, 10:06 AM
That's Fair, I don't like the prediction, but maybe the best reasoning behind it that I've read thus far!!!

Without a doubt CCU will be ready to ROCK n roll!!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE!!!

rokamortis
November 21st, 2006, 10:13 AM
Spread 5 wide and swing it to PERK he likes that play and seems to bowl over people.

You are right about that. He has been very effective catching out of the backfield. He definitely likes to have a little room and get a head os steam going. I can see us doing this a lot.

Dabnus Brickey
November 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM
I like him on the flare pass out of the backfield. But he doesn't run the ball hard at all, or at least he hasn't all year.

bodoyle
November 21st, 2006, 12:30 PM
I like him on the flare pass out of the backfield. But he doesn't run the ball hard at all, or at least he hasn't all year.

I agree. When he caught the flare out when I was at the furple game, and he steamrolled 2 of their defenders it was great. He should run with the same intensity when he gets a handoff.

boonegoon
November 21st, 2006, 12:42 PM
"If appy can't pass, we can just stack the box with 8 men and kill the run. If Thig can get a few passes completed early and keep the LB's a few yards back that will free up PERK, Tolbert and Fordham. And if we can get play action and get the DB's/SS's to bite then Simson shall have a fest. *no pun intended"

I don't think it is that simple. If you think putting 8 in the box with a mobile qb is the answer, you will be in for a lot of passing yards.

Lapper
November 21st, 2006, 12:53 PM
Is anyone going to this game? I'm heading back down to Charleston for Thanxgivn, I guess I better take a detour to Boone on my way back up to DC. Should be a cold one.

BigDaddyBennett
November 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Thought I would bring the BBQ thing back up.

If you guys ever go down to Spartanbug for a Wofford game, you should swing by Mutt's BBQ. Dabnus and I went there before the CCU Woffy game and got some awesome tailgating BBQ.

MountaineerDrive
November 21st, 2006, 01:02 PM

Swing passes have seem to hurt us this year. Virtually nothing else has on defense. Our defense would be even better statistically minus lots of garbage time yardage when the games were out of question.
It might seem like putting 8 in the box against the App running game is a good idea, but I'd say it is one of the worst things you can do. We run a spread attack, we're not Furman or Wofford, though sometimes I wish we were in the redzone.

chantman
November 21st, 2006, 01:04 PM
What is the status of Corey Lynch? I heard he may be held out until the 2nd round.

SirApp
November 21st, 2006, 01:07 PM
What is the status of Corey Lynch? I heard he may be held out until the 2nd round.

You've heard correct. More than likely won't play against CCU.

YOsef
November 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM

I heard him in an Interview held on Sunday that he would be out for two more weeks definitely and then would need doctor's permission to play in the second or third rounds (if we get that far).

bigchocolate
November 21st, 2006, 01:26 PM

Coach Bennett may be one of the best when it come to game time adjustments. He will have this team ready. This is a very good Chants team!!! The win streak in Boone is definitely in jeopardy:twocents:

Punchykky
November 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
I think the CCU Chants will win this game by a very close margin! And I will have ESPNU by Saturday, because I'm getting "the Dish" on this wednesday!

MarkCCU
November 21st, 2006, 01:52 PM
Is anyone going to this game? I'm heading back down to Charleston for Thanxgivn, I guess I better take a detour to Boone on my way back up to DC. Should be a cold one.

i think i'm staying in Charleston...Gadfly might be going

rb45070
November 21st, 2006, 02:14 PM
I am heading up to Boone on Fri night after I get off work. I plan on tailgating in Raley and would like to meet a few of yall. Ill be glad to talk a lil smack with some CCU fans, over a little BBQ and brews. Send me a pm and ill be glad to exchange info with ya

SoCon48
November 21st, 2006, 02:17 PM
Coach Bennett may be one of the best when it come to game time adjustments. He will have this team ready. This is a very good Chants team!!! The win streak in Boone is definitely in jeopardy:twocents:

Iran may put a man on the moon before Christmas, too.

SoCon48
November 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Bring your A game this time.

bodoyle
November 21st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Iran may put a man on the moon before Christmas, too.

You mean they haven't already? xlolx

Peems
November 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM
from what all the app. st fans are saying, it will be a miracle if anyone in the playoffs scores against them as they "breeze" through the competition.

AppGuy04
November 21st, 2006, 03:04 PM
from what all the app. st fans are saying, it will be a miracle if anyone in the playoffs scores against them as they "breeze" through the competition.

Lunatic fringe my friend

Appdad
November 21st, 2006, 03:24 PM

Felton is more of a problem to you this week than ASU/CCU.:)

MYTAPPY
November 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM

More like "coast" through the competition. No pun intended CCU.xlolx
Question....how do they decide who the away and home teams are in the championship game? Just wondering.

rokamortis
November 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
Bring your A game this time.
We need to.

appst97
November 21st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Question....how do they decide who the away and home teams are in the championship game? Just wondering.

A COIN TOSS!!!

Griswold
November 21st, 2006, 04:11 PM
A COIN TOSS!!!

I believe they do it when they set the brackets so it should already be determind if the team out of the top or the bottom of the bracket is the home team.

BeauFoster
November 21st, 2006, 04:22 PM
I believe they do it when they set the brackets so it should already be determind if the team out of the top or the bottom of the bracket is the home team.

Unfortunately, a coin flip is the correct answer. Once the brackets are set, a coin is flipped to determine which bracket will be home and which will be away. The seeds don't matter one bit in the championship game (stupid, isn't it?). The only thing that would overule the coin flip would be if the championship hosting city (UTC, in this case) was to advance all the way to the NC game. In that case, UTC would wear their home jerseys and would use the home locker room. Otherwise, it's heads or tails.

(Don't you just love the respect that the FCS gets from the NCAA?)

CopperCat
November 21st, 2006, 04:48 PM
This is a crazy notion: if CCU wins and MSU wins, then MSU will get to host another playoff game......

Any other year I would be rooting for Appy, but in this case, I gotta root for what gives my team a leg up.

GO COASTAL!!!!

rokamortis
November 21st, 2006, 04:51 PM
Lunatic fringe my friend

Does fringe mean most everyone :smiley_wi

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2006, 07:28 PM

Good call, vinegar-based is by far the way to go. In the High Country, I'm a big fan of Pappy's. It's on Highway 105 right before Tynecastle in Banner Elk--if you see the huge Grandfather Mountain sign you've gone too far. High quality BBQ.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2006, 07:35 PM
My family used to vacation at Ocean Isle Beach and we would go to Calabash at least once for dinner, sometimes more often. I got hooked on a place at Murrell's Inlet that had all you can eat crab-legs on the cheap. I can't remember the name but could drive there with no trouble.

Drunken Jack's (if it's still open I haven't been in about 4 years) was a great place to eat in Murrell's Inlet, right on the water. As for BBQ out of the High Country, Little Richards in Yadkinville right off 421 is the best. They cook the meat all day in cookers right behind the seating area. The only thing that can top it is you're own pig pickin.

As for the game.

App - 34
CCU - 14

Coastal89
November 21st, 2006, 07:45 PM
Drunken Jack's (if it's still open I haven't been in about 4 years) was a great place to eat in Murrell's Inlet, right on the water. As for BBQ out of the High Country, Little Richards in Yadkinville right off 421 is the best. They cook the meat all day in cookers right behind the seating area. The only thing that can top it is you're own pig pickin.

As for the game.

App - 34
CCU - 14
Capt. Dave's Dock Side right next door to Drunken Jacks is one of the best in MI. IMO I know they have the best shrimp and grits that i've had at a resturant.

CCU97
November 21st, 2006, 08:06 PM
And Flo's right next door has some great Martinis!

Appstate29
November 22nd, 2006, 02:44 AM
Any coastal fans have any estimates on how many fans will be coming?? I've heard this might be a first round playoff record at KBS?

Mr. C
November 22nd, 2006, 06:24 AM
Good call, vinegar-based is by far the way to go. In the High Country, I'm a big fan of Pappy's. It's on Highway 105 right before Tynecastle in Banner Elk--if you see the huge Grandfather Mountain sign you've gone too far. High quality BBQ.
Pappy's is currently closed for renovation.

AppGuy04
November 22nd, 2006, 07:34 AM
Does fringe mean most everyone :smiley_wi

I just know it doesn't speak for me Rok

AlphaSigMD
November 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Because we are still on the BBQ kick, and Pappy's is out of the question...I would like to spread the story of "The Sandwich". Its BBQ, but at an unlikely place.

"The Sandwich", as it came to be known, was actually a name coined my my friend who is the sports editor at a local newspaper. It's proper and given name is the Smokehouse Chicken Sandwich and it is available at Sagebrush. Pulled roasted chicken...slaw on request...6 types of BBQ sauce. Its one of the few substances on earth that can reduce a man to tears...as well as sending him into meat-induced euphoria.

Unfortunatly, The Sandwich may be an endangered species. The statesville store is no longer offering this roasted delight. At last word, it is still available at the Boone store, but we need to fight back to make sure the sandwich is here for future generations to enjoy. Contact your local ASU college republicans and let them know you want to keep the sandwich. In an unpredictable world filled with vegitarians and vegans, the sandwich remains a shining bastion of all that is tasty and delicious.

As for everything else at sagebrush...its just ok.

Back to ASU Football

Coastal...i've got nothing but respect. Also, I think you've got one of the most clutch kicker's in the country in Josh Hoke, but I expect this ones gonna be fairly one sided after the 1st quarter or so.

ASU 45 - Coastal 17

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2006, 08:12 AM
I just know it doesn't speak for me Rok

I hear ya - just giving you a hard time.

kirkblitz
November 22nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Any coastal fans have any estimates on how many fans will be coming?? I've heard this might be a first round playoff record at KBS?

ill estimate at least 800 it seems we usually have around 3-500 people at every away game(except winston salem).

Our school did get 1200 tickets, i know the phones were ringing off the hook so it might be more then 800, we'll see :)

CCU2003
November 22nd, 2006, 12:14 PM
Only Chants believe they have chance
TERRY MASSEY
SPORTS COLUMNIST

While a Coastal Carolina victory over No. 1 ranked and seeded Appalachian State might not rank among the greatest upsets in history, it certainly would qualify as the biggest overachivement for a young football program that already has so many.

"It would be a huge upset, but that's why you play the game," CCU coach David Bennett said Tuesday. "I don't think the oddsmakers are picking Coastal Carolina."At least not any who hope to stay in business. It's not a knock on the Chanticleers, who went 9-2 and made the Division I-AA playoffs for the first time in just their fourth season, but rather a tribute to the Mountaineers, the defending I-AA national champions and the heavy favorites to retain the title.

Consider that ASU has won 24 consecutive games at home, The Rock, where these same Mountaineers buried these same Chant-icleers 30-3 last season.

There are the 24,000 fans who will greet the Chants, the 9,600 square yards of artificial turf and 3,000-plus feet mountaintop stadium for the boys from natural grass and sea level to adjust to and the sub-freezing temperatures for the beach boys to get acclimated.

Need more to convince you the Chants have slightly less chance at victory than a snowball in hell? Listen to none other than Bennett, who is the master of making his next opponent sound like the '70s Pittsburgh Steelers - only this time he wasn't lying, except maybe for the part about ASU's offensive linemen "eating gunpowder and nails" for breakfast.

"I'm scared too, but we've got nothing to lose," Bennett said. "Anything's doable, but I will say this is the greatest challenge we've ever faced."

Now for some good news for CCU, or at least some non-bad news. For starters, the No. 1 seed is just 2-2 since the I-AA playoff format was changed in 2002. In fact, 2004 champ James Madison, which the Chants beat the week before losing at ASU, won all its games on the road.

And CCU has a history of pulling surprises - like the upsets of No. 1 JMU last year and No. 3 Furman this year. It's not a team you want to tell it can't do something.

"I'm pretty sure it would shock the nation if we win this game," said CCU wide receiver Jerome Simpson. "It would be a big thing for Coastal Carolina University and the community. They're the No. 1 team, so I'm pretty sure we're going to have to play them sometime down the road, so why not right now in the first round?"

Sounds like he's catching what his QB is passing.

"It would be a big upset," quarterback Tyler Thigpen said. "They're the defending national champs. Anyone in America would say that about knocking off the No. 1 team."

Or anyone not wearing teal.

bodoyle
November 22nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
ill estimate at least 800 it seems we usually have around 3-500 people at every away game(except winston salem).

Our school did get 1200 tickets, i know the phones were ringing off the hook so it might be more then 800, we'll see :)

I heard we already sold those 1200 tickets and there were more sold to us through appys online sales and their athletic office as well.

Death Dealer
November 22nd, 2006, 01:29 PM

Getting a little ahead of yourself aren't you Tappy?

bodoyle
November 22nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
Simp was reprimanded by the BSC for his behavior after the chucky game.

www.bigsouthsports.com

MYTAPPY
November 22nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
Getting a little ahead of yourself aren't you Tappy?

Just a little excited to get the playoffs started. One game at a time right?

MarkCCU
November 22nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
i wish it would say more of any penalty or something!!!!!

Death Dealer
November 22nd, 2006, 01:52 PM
Just a little excited to get the playoffs started. One game at a time right?

I know, I'm just pickin'.......I'm all twitterpated waiting for Saturday to get here......If we somehow make it past MSU, I will assume that we will face you guys at KB in the second round? If so, I will make the trip. If not then I may still come up to Boone to see you guys play the Cats.....Either way, I'd like to have a beer or four with some of you guys.....we'll see what Sat. brings!

MYTAPPY
November 22nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
I know, I'm just pickin'.......I'm all twitterpated waiting for Saturday to get here......If we somehow make it past MSU, I will assume that we will face you guys at KB in the second round? If so, I will make the trip. If not then I may still come up to Boone to see you guys play the Cats.....Either way, I'd like to have a beer or four with some of you guys.....we'll see what Sat. brings!

If we get past Coastal..... it would be fun to see the Cats make the trip to Boone, but it would also be exciting for the fellow Paladins to make a trip back up the mountain for one more jaunt across the field. What ever happens in Bozeman, make the SoCon proud. :thumbsup:

Coastal-Effect
November 22nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
If I'm coming from Columbia S.C What is the best way to get to App st? I tried map Quest but that seem kinda the long way.

boonegoon
November 22nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
If I'm coming from Columbia S.C What is the best way to get to App st? I tried map Quest but that seem kinda the long way.

The fastest way to Boone from Colunbia now is 77 north to 85 south to 321 north through Blowing Rock to Boone. You can pickup some Woodlands BBQ on the way.

AppGuy04
November 22nd, 2006, 04:09 PM

77 into Charlotte, around Charlotte through Gastonia, pick up 321 in Gastonia and that should take you straight to Boone

Mountaineer
November 22nd, 2006, 04:10 PM

The prefered way I'd go, and apparently Google Maps agrees with me ;) , is 77N to Charlotte, take 485 around the city to 85W, 85W over to Gastonia and then 321 up through Hickory, Lenoir, Blowing Rock and finally Boone. :rotateh: :nod:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=columbia+sc&daddr=boone+nc&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.844639,81.738281&ie=UTF8&z=8&ll=35.259077,-80.771484&spn=3.238275,5.108643&om=1

boonegoon
November 22nd, 2006, 04:12 PM

Pappy's is closed for renovations I'm afraid.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Any chance this will be a good game? ;)

Jaques
November 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
At the risk of sounding too much like a sap:bawling:
I just wanted to wish both teams(coaches, families, friends, fans) a Happy Turkey Day. I know CCU is traveling tommorow, so I wish them safe travels, as well as App. St. in whatever they do tommorrow. :thumbsup:

That's all...see ya Saturday!:hurray:

kirkblitz
November 22nd, 2006, 05:07 PM
I heard we already sold those 1200 tickets and there were more sold to us through appys online sales and their athletic office as well.
It would be awesome to out number the opposing teams fans like we seem to do at a few away games :)

CarolinaGirl
November 22nd, 2006, 05:11 PM
My sentiments exactly....Happy Turkey Day to all!![CODE]
Another directions question...how far off route is 421 in N. Wilkes from the trip from Columbia (77 to 485 to 321). If I have enough time, I'd like to take a little detour to see a friend on the way to the game.

Mountaineer
November 22nd, 2006, 05:14 PM
It would be awesome to out number the opposing teams fans like we seem to do at a few away games :)

I'm glad you guys are bringing a lot of fans, but I don't think there's a chance at all that you'll outnumber us. ;)

Have a safe trip up the mountain! :nod:

Mountaineer
November 22nd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Another directions question...how far off route is 421 in N. Wilkes from the trip from Columbia (77 to 485 to 321). If I have enough time, I'd like to take a little detour to see a friend on the way to the game.

You're looking at two opposite ways into or out of Boone. A trip to N Wilkes is ~30ish miles or so, but it's a completely opposite direction from 321. Though you can go down 421 after the game and hit 77S near Yadkinville for a straight shot back to Columbia.

CarolinaGirl
November 22nd, 2006, 05:22 PM
You're looking at two opposite ways into or out of Boone. A trip to N Wilkes is ~30ish miles or so, but it's a completely opposite direction from 321. Though you can go down 421 after the game and hit 77S near Yadkinville for a straight shot back to Columbia.

Hey...that may work, too. Thanks. I will never again believe the things people say about App fans :p
I remember the last time I was in N. Wilkes, I saw a sign for Boone but I had no idea where I was.

BTW, appreciate y'all taking it easy on us on AGS this week!! ;)

CarolinaGirl
November 22nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
what is the link to ASU message boards? I stumbled upon it once by accident but now I can't find it. When I was reading through some of it before, it seemed to very respectful of CCU. Curious to see what y'all are saying on your boards now..:eyebrow:

james_lawfirm
November 22nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Any chance this will be a good game? ;)

PantherRob82:
It is possible. Any Given Saturday meaning what it does.

However, and with all due respect for the beach chickens, there are other possibilities also.

I think for Coastal to stay with ASU there will have to be no turnovers, their defense will have to force a turnover or two or three, and they will have to run the ball straight ahead for at least 3.5 yards a pop. From what I have heard of Coastal's offense, smash-mouth football like that is not their style. So, I expect that after a quarter or two, the outcome will not be in doubt.

But, on the good side, Coastal deserves a lot of credit for making the playoffs for the first time in their young program. If I made the decisions, I would welcome Coastal as the next member of the Southern conference. :twocents:

parr90
November 22nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
I cant believe this discussion took 20 pages. App is gonna kill CC. 35-7.

NC Mountaineer
November 22nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
The Southern Conference's choice to/not to welcome CCU may be greatly influenced by their performance and fan support against App State

AppMan
November 23rd, 2006, 05:03 AM

Sir, you've crossed the line! Any BBQ created outside the Davidson, Forsyth, & Rowan County lines just isn't BBQ. Who in the world would choose to eat that dried up, vinegar & spice junk they serve down east is beyond me! Besides, anybody who serves corn sticks, brunswick stew, and YELLOW slaw with pork isn't playing with a full deck.

BTW, As has been the case all season ASU will start slowly and the defense may allow 10 points before the half. But, the Apps shine after the break. Wiley's boys lock it down in the second half and the offense cranks it up. ASU 38 - CCU 10.

psc2445
November 23rd, 2006, 08:01 AM

if you want to go to n. wilkesboro i would come all the way up i-77 to i-40(statesville) get on I-40 west and get off on the downtown statesville exit(a mile or 2) take a right
that is highway 115. take a right and it will take you straight to wilkesboro.

CarolinaGirl
November 23rd, 2006, 08:22 AM
if you want to go to n. wilkesboro i would come all the way up i-77 to i-40(statesville) get on I-40 west and get off on the downtown statesville exit(a mile or 2) take a right
that is highway 115. take a right and it will take you straight to wilkesboro.

I looked on aaamaps.com and didn't realize it lets you customize your trip (in case you want to make a side trip) and that's the exact route it gave me. Thanks!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY! Feeling some after-effects this morning of the bottle of wine last night : retard :

The Gadfly
November 23rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
I looked on aaamaps.com and didn't realize it lets you customize your trip (in case you want to make a side trip) and that's the exact route it gave me. Thanks!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY! Feeling some after-effects this morning of the bottle of wine last night : retard :

I would go the Florence/Darlington to Hartsville to McBee to Lancaster to Indian Land to that Charlotte bypass west to I-77 to N. Wilksboro to Boone. That will take AT LEAST 30 mins. off your travel time.

Living in Boone and teaching kids how to ski at Appalachian Ski Mountain back in the day, I suggest you wear something warm. Wataaawga County can get a little "chilly," I don't care what artic region you are from

kirkblitz
November 23rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
damn :(
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/odds.html
Coastal Carolina +19.5-112
at Appalachian St. -19.5+102

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Dont worry kirk, odds are for people who have money to waste. The game can certainly have more than one potential outcome. Moral of the story: NEVER bet on sports.

youwouldno
November 24th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I disagree. But I would not bet on App St winning by that much.

rjg129
November 24th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Just found this sight....great discussion....I will be in Boone for this game....Have not decided if i will tailgate or not (adult bevs will be on the menu no matter what)...but i will be there early enough just in case i decide to...App State wins

Death Dealer
November 24th, 2006, 10:39 AM
As for the game, App wins it, probably by a lot. Sorry Chants, but it is the truth, could be close, but I just don't see App dropping one in the first round at KB.

As for all of this BBQ talk, I am one of the world's greatest BBQ lovers. I have literally eaten BBQ all over the country and in a couple of foreign countries....I must admit to being slightly partial to pork with vinegar or mustard based sauces, but I gotta tell you, it's all good. Any man who claims that meat (beef, pork, chicken, goat, buffalo, whatever) cooked slowly over natural heat till it just falls apart and melts in your mouth ain't good? Well, he must be stupid or doesn't have tastebuds.....I don't care what you base your sauce with. Actually, there's aplace just outside of Athens that has some of the best BBQ'd goat you've ever put in your mouth. It's so good it'll make you smack your momma!

Appstate29
November 24th, 2006, 11:32 AM
As for the game, App wins it, probably by a lot. Sorry Chants, but it is the truth, could be close, but I just don't see App dropping one in the first round at KB.

As for all of this BBQ talk, I am one of the world's greatest BBQ lovers. I have literally eaten BBQ all over the country and in a couple of foreign countries....I must admit to being slightly partial to pork with vinegar or mustard based sauces, but I gotta tell you, it's all good. Any man who claims that meat (beef, pork, chicken, goat, buffalo, whatever) cooked slowly over natural heat till it just falls apart and melts in your mouth ain't good? Well, he must be stupid or doesn't have tastebuds.....I don't care what you base your sauce with. Actually, there's aplace just outside of Athens that has some of the best BBQ'd goat you've ever put in your mouth. It's so good it'll make you smack your momma!

BBQ goat aye? sounds good, I've had Chinese BBQ everything you can imagine here (pork,beef, mutton, pigeon, snake, eel, insert weird animal here) and let me just tell you I can't wait to get back to the south and eat some real bbq again. Its good here, but nothing like home

Death Dealer
November 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
BBQ goat aye? sounds good, I've had Chinese BBQ everything you can imagine here (pork,beef, mutton, pigeon, snake, eel, insert weird animal here) and let me just tell you I can't wait to get back to the south and eat some real bbq again. Its good here, but nothing like home

I have a friend who did some grad work reaearch in China. One time he was sitting with some of the other students eating what he thought was fried crabs...turned out it was a big bowl of fried scorpions.

So how are you gonnawatch the game way over in China? What time will it be over there at gametime?

B&G
November 24th, 2006, 03:39 PM
But have you ever had BBQ cooked by Abdullah the Butcher?

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5631

The Dude
November 24th, 2006, 03:49 PM
But have you ever had BBQ cooked by Abdullah the Butcher?

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5631

I've been to Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs and Chinese Food. Quite an experience. Abdullah was even there, but he didn't say much.

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM
How in the hell can I get tickets for the game???

rokamortis
November 24th, 2006, 04:28 PM
How in the hell can I get tickets for the game???

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Buy.asp?EventID=19342

windwalker
November 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
damn :(
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/odds.html
Coastal Carolina +19.5-112
at Appalachian St. -19.5+102

Went down a point since this morning... Here are all 8 games..

Lafayette +20.5
Massachusetts -20.5

New Hampshire -8.5
Hampton +8.5

Furman +3.5
Montana St. -3.5

Illinois St. -7
Eastern Illinois +7

McNeese St. +14
Montana -14

Tenn-Martin +16.5
Southern Ill. -16.5

Coastal Carolina +18.5
Appalachian St. -18.5

James Madison +1
Youngstown St. -1

CCUCheer
November 24th, 2006, 07:18 PM
It is almost game time! We are leaving at 7:15am I believe... hopefully it won't be too long of a drive. Unfortunately I will not be on the sidelines coaching the cheerleaders bc at playoffs for some reason only ONE coach can be down there and only 12 cheerleaders, so that kinda sux. : smh : But I will still be in the stands rooting on the Chants. :nod: I'm looking forward to a good game. If any of you are at the game come say hello to me! I'll probably be the one yelling with the cheerleaders and I have long dark brown hair lol. (like that really helps) OH well, GO CHANTS!!!:hurray:
XoXo
<3 Katie :rotateh:

CarolinaGirl
November 24th, 2006, 07:41 PM
CCU is having a tailgate in one of the lots tomorrow beginning at 1:30. The e-mail from administration doesn't specify which lot. Anyone know?

3333ftabovethesea
November 24th, 2006, 07:45 PM
It's going to feel like Myrtle Beach. CC fans are lucky. Enjoy the drive.

Pleasant with plenty of sunshine. Winds will be light and variableRealfeel®: 69 °FHigh: 66 °F

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Is the Coastal section in Section 9 again? Hope so. I'll wear all black just in case.

rokamortis
November 24th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Is the Coastal section in Section 9 again? Hope so. I'll wear all black just in case.

I think they were saying we would be in 8 and 9 but not sure. Do you already have your tickets?

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I think they were saying we would be in 8 and 9 but not sure. Do you already have your tickets?

No, and the only sections that are avail. are on the ends (sec. 7). I have 3 other alumni coming and we will need tickets in the CCU section. Will S.C.R.E.A.M. or the school have any that we can buy from them? :bang:

BrevardMountaineer03
November 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Go App, let's make this a "Black Saturday"! Again I believe it will be close, but App is just too good to be totally stopped.

The Gadfly
November 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Honostly I don't think that your coach is going to let his team have their guard down, but if they do. . . :D

I don't see our players having the "deer-in-headlights" problem this time like I saw them have before the game last year. If they do, I taking another walk around Boone @ halftime. :bawling:

Block-A
November 24th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'll be "tailgating" at PortoFino tomorrow with my brother. It's always nice to have someone bring your beer to you.

See you there!

Bring sunblock.

rokamortis
November 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM
No, and the only sections that are avail. are on the ends (sec. 7). I have 3 other alumni coming and we will need tickets in the CCU section. Will S.C.R.E.A.M. or the school have any that we can buy from them? :bang:

I assume you will be able to buy some at the gate. I think they blocked off 8 and 9 for CCU - but I'm not sure if those sections are sold out.

Coastalbuck
November 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
No better use for a first post than to wish the Chants good luck.

Let's go Coastal!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

AppStateSVX
November 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
student section FTW!

AppStateSVX
November 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
oh, and GO ASU!!!!!!

HiHiYikas
November 25th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I sincerely wish I had some substantial information or material to add to this thread at this point, and I wasn't just looking for an excuse to demonstrate a new signature.

I really wish I was in Boone.

AppStateSVX
November 25th, 2006, 12:09 PM
^ I remember that..........I was speechless for almost 5 mins.

ASU Kep
November 25th, 2006, 12:14 PM
bout to head to the game...smaller group then usual, but we are ready to ROLL...may the best team (ASU) win!

ASU Kep
November 25th, 2006, 12:16 PM
btw, it is way too warm up here for the gorilla outfit...if we are losing at halftime, i've promised my buds i will go home and put it on to get back the good luck.

ASU Kep
my final prediction:

ASU - 42
CCU - 18.

ASU Kep
GO NEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASU Kep
November 25th, 2006, 12:17 PM
...and Furman!!!

thirdgendin
November 25th, 2006, 12:20 PM
...and Furman!!!

Thanks, Kep. I know that's not a consensus in Boone these days.

For selfish reasons, I'd like to see Furman play Coastal in Round 2 (why play in Boone if you don't have to?), but I can't really pull against our SoCon friends.

HiHiYikas
November 25th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Looks like a great day in Boone...

http://booneweather.com/Webcams/Howards+Knob

AppStateSVX
November 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM
12 shots of espresso down.....and it's time to go!!!