PDA

View Full Version : Jacks vs Jacks 9/5/15

RabidRabbit
April 15th, 2015, 03:06 PM
http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041515aab.html

After San Diego bailed on NAU for the (other) SDSU big payday, NAU was left in a lurch.

This Jacks xthumbsupxxthumbsupx to the two Lumberjacks making this game happen.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 15th, 2015, 03:15 PM
http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041515aab.html

After San Diego bailed on NAU for the (other) SDSU big payday, NAU was left in a lurch.

This Jacks xthumbsupxxthumbsupx to the two Lumberjacks making this game happen.

Damn, I thought you guys were somehow not coming to play KU that weekend. I got plans!

dbackjon
April 15th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Good news!

WE have played SFA in the past. Great to see this.

clenz
April 15th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Are NAU fans going to get all pissy at SFA for dumping a team this late....or does that not matter?

dbackjon
April 15th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Are NAU fans going to get all pissy at SFA for dumping a team this late....or does that not matter?

I feel for Tarleton, but obviously they agreed to it - so they must have something lined up to replace it.

From what I can read, and will be following, SFA gave Tarleton the choice to get bought out. Something that was not given to NAU.

clenz
April 15th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I feel for Tarleton, but obviously they agreed to it - so they must have something lined up to replace it.

From what I can read, and will be following, SFA gave Tarleton the choice to get bought out. Something that was not given to NAU.
NAU got nothing from USD? No buy out? Nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Tarleton is either going to have to play a short schedule or buy someone else out of a game and cause another school to get ****ed over.

But...it's not NAU anymore so who cares, right?

dbackjon
April 15th, 2015, 04:56 PM
NAU got nothing from USD? No buy out? Nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Tarleton is either going to have to play a short schedule or buy someone else out of a game and cause another school to get ****ed over.

But...it's not NAU anymore so who cares, right?

We got enough from San Diego to cover the additional costs of a flight versus bus trip.

Tarleton played a 10 game schedule last year - haven't released this year's schedule yet.

Seems you were whining a few years back when in a similar predicament. But it's not UNI, so you don't care.

You seem intent on making NAU the bad guy, when we were the ones not given a choice, unlike TSU.

centennial
April 15th, 2015, 05:25 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/ellencat321/Sims/Lj/FarnsworthGoodNews_zpsb5a378dd.png

clenz
April 15th, 2015, 06:44 PM
We got enough from San Diego to cover the additional costs of a flight versus bus trip.

Tarleton played a 10 game schedule last year - haven't released this year's schedule yet.

Seems you were whining a few years back when in a similar predicament. But it's not UNI, so you don't care.

You seem intent on making NAU the bad guy, when we were the ones not given a choice, unlike TSU.
My entire point of contention, with the example you are talking about, was how UNI found out.

Would you care for a refresher on that?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SFA 93
April 15th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Great no div 2 team, welcome to Nac Lumberjack fans.

TheRevSFA
April 15th, 2015, 08:09 PM
I want to be at this game but I think I'll be on a plane to Manila

Sammy94
April 16th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Great news, good match up.

Doesn't the western jacks have that 4 star QB that went to Texas?

Looks like the purple Jacks have a really good shot at starting the season 0-5 or 1-4 now.... nothing wrong with that at all.

dbackjon
April 16th, 2015, 02:20 PM

Looks like the purple Jacks have a really good shot at starting the season 0-5 or 1-4 now.... nothing wrong with that at all.

Yes - Connor Brewer just transferred. Started at UT, redshirted, transferred to Arizona, now going to NAU

TheRevSFA
April 16th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Looks like I'll be able to attend this. Should be fun

TheRevSFA
April 16th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Yeah because we, you know, weren't a playoff team and didn't retain most of our weapons (except for Gus Johnson)

clenz
April 17th, 2015, 07:12 AM
Yeah because we, you know, weren't a playoff team and didn't retain most of our weapons (except for Gus Johnson)
I saw your team in person.

They may have been in the playoffs, but they weren't a playoff team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sammy94
April 17th, 2015, 08:22 AM
They may have been in the playoffs, but they weren't a playoff team.

xthumbsupx

Losing Gus is a major loss and from I hear SFA has major OL issues. If that is the case, it really won't matter who you have running the ball and you better have that back up QB ready.

clenz
April 17th, 2015, 09:11 AM
xthumbsupx

Losing Gus is a major loss and from I hear SFA has major OL issues. If that is the case, it really won't matter who you have running the ball and you better have that back up QB ready.
In the UNI game last season Johnson had 82 yards rushing on 20 carries, with 32 yards on one run. The rest of the team had 8 yards on 13 carries.

The passing game went 22-39 for 133 yards, zero TD, and a pick

Leading receivers:

Johnson, Gus

Thomas, Aaron

Liggins, Justic

Ward, DJ

Boyd, Tyler

Houston, Jimmie

Piper, Aaron

Henderson, Dana

West, Joshawa

Conque, Zach

The game was 23-0 in the first. SFA was lucky it wasn't 35-0 to be completely honest. At that point UNI called the dogs off the last 3 quarters and it finished 44-10. That game could have been 70+ to 10 had UNI really kept it's foot down for more than 15 minutes.

Johnson was the only player on the field for SFA, either side of the ball, that looked like a D1 player. SFA was small compared to a team like UNI. They reminded me of Tennessee Tech or Northern Colorado (both of whom UNI could have also beat by 60-70+ had they really wanted too). I would have put money on USD (winless in the MVFC) to give SFA a run for their money.

Maybe I'm basing too much on that, but without Gus I don't know who SFA has. Reminds me a lot of Towson with T. West and then everyone still trying to think they'd be good last year too and they ended up being pretty dang bad. I see the same for SFA

Catatonic
April 18th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Meanwhile, back to the thread topic....Conque vs Brewer at QB. Brewer certainly was the more heralded of the two coming out of high school, but he has never quite lived up to his promise. Transferred from UT when he lost out to David Ash, and got lost on the depth chart at
Arizona.

Hopefully, he will do well at NAU but I'd give the edge to Conque...if he has protection.

SFA 93
April 18th, 2015, 03:06 PM
The protection, and yes surprisingly right now not looking too good in the spring.

OL:#72
Travis Wiggins
6-4
Jr.

n

OL:#76
Byron Williams
6-4
Sr.
ALL-SLC (1st Team)

n

OL:#68
Anthony Pullins
6-3
Jr.
ALL-SLC (HM)

n

OL:#75
Terran Vaughn
6-3
Sr.
ALL-SLC (HM)

n

OL:#77
David Dane
6-6
Sr.

n

OL:#67
Michael Boddie
6-3
Sr.
*** (Rivals)

n

OL:#71
Marshall Womack
6-5
Jr.

n

OL:#60
Shane Roberson
6-2
So.

n

OL:#78
Jake Wallace
6-0
Jr.

n

OL:#74
Robert Ballard
6-5
Fr.

n

OL:#65
Hayden Scott
6-2
Fr.

n

OL:#
AJ Brown
6-2
Fr.

n

OL:#
Travis Lock
6-3
Fr.

n

I'm just hoping the talent and depth on our defense is just that good.

SFA 93
April 18th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Our QB depth

QB:#2
Zach Conque
6-6
Jr.
SLC New Comer of the Year; All-SLC (HM) ** (Rivals)

n

QB:#18
Hunter Taylor
6-1
Jr.

n

QB:#15
Jake Gnacinski
6-2
Fr.

n

QB:#10
Ben Arbuckle
6-3
Fr.

n

QB:#
Jake Blumrick
6-2
Fr.

n

IBleedYellow
April 19th, 2015, 07:02 AM

They actually had a decent replacement quickly...if they would have had to take a bye I can see a little bit of animosity.

Catatonic
April 19th, 2015, 07:43 AM
I look forward to this game. We played both of these teams last year, with mixed results.

NAU was an enigma last year. They looked solid and well coached when they beat us, and they were good enough to beat Eastern Washington...yet lost to several teams they probably should have beaten. SFA had highs and lows as well. One of the lows from their perspective was losing to us.

centennial
April 19th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I look forward to this game. We played both of these teams last year, with mixed results.

NAU was an enigma last year. They looked solid and well coached when they beat us, and they were good enough to beat Eastern Washington...yet lost to several teams they probably should have beaten. SFA had highs and lows as well. One of the lows from their perspective was losing to us.
NAU was an average Big Sky team. EWU lost because of Vernon Adams being injured. Outside of that they probably should have won against UNC and UND. They were certainly one of the most inconsistent teams in FCS.

SFA 93
April 19th, 2015, 03:47 PM
And you will get to see the game in high definition on ESPN3

Highlights from an article written by Rand Champion of Sawdust.

* With the recent success of the athletic programs at Stephen F. Austin State University, making it one of the top programs in the region, Lumberjack fans will now be able to see live streaming home games anywhere.

* SFA athletics have made an agreement with ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports, to join as a member of the company’s college initiative. The agreement will enable SFA to live stream all of its football, soccer, volleyball, and men and women’s basketball games on ESPN3 beginning in fall 2015.

* In the agreement SFA will be able to produce and televise other live events, including press conferences, National Signing Day, and the annual spring football game.

* Fans will be able to watch SFA athletics on their mobile devices through the WatchESPN app expanding Lumberjack sports like never before.

* SFA is the only Southland Conference school to partner with ESPN3 and the fourth FCS program to enter into an agreement.

* This provides a great recruiting tool for the coaching staffs at SFA giving Lumberjack athletes the opportunity to compete on the world’s number one sports platform.

* ESPN is currently on the campus of SFA assisting in the university funded production infrastructure and capabilities. A production studio is being built inside William R. Johnson Coliseum as well as upgrades to the technological capabilities to help ensure all broadcasts meet ESPN’s high-definition quality standards.

* Each ESPN3 broadcast will be produced in-house, using SFA talent, students, and staff.

* Students in the radio and TV department at SFA will be given the opportunity to have on the job training in this production studio.

* This will help to solidify SFA in Texas and the southern United States and expose Lumberjack nation to the world.

* SFA is also spending $400,000 to replace the wood floor inside William R. Johnson among other things.

clenz
April 19th, 2015, 06:21 PM
NAU was an average Big Sky team. EWU lost because of Vernon Adams being injured. Outside of that they probably should have won against UNC and UND. They were certainly one of the most inconsistent teams in FCS.
Will be interesting to see them in Sept in CF

centennial
April 19th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Will be interesting to see them in Sept in CF
I should think UNI should be favorites against both the Big Sky teams. EWU without VA just doesn't seem like a threat, unless there is a transfer I don't know about. What kind of O is the new OC running? Any clips?

clenz
April 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM
I should think UNI should be favorites against both the Big Sky teams. EWU without VA just doesn't seem like a threat, unless there is a transfer I don't know about. What kind of O is the new OC running? Any clips?
Not really any clips. There are some quick walk through speed clips. Even the few jogging paced clips I say involved another play being run within 15-20 seconds down field. The formations, routes, play fakes, etc... look a lot like Baylor/TCU/Arizona

Everyone involved has said the offense is perfectly suited for the type of athletes that are on the roster, and coming in. As of a week or two ago there had yet to be anything run at full speed though, which is "worrisome" but it's the first couple practices with the new system so at the same time it's not.

The players are really excited. Both OCs from the last 16 years are no longer involved in play calling so there's a different energy. The new OC is very high tempo, very energetic and sets the pace for the offense by how he moves.

TheRevSFA
April 20th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Clenz if UNI and Sfa ever do another home and home, come down and visit texas

clenz
April 20th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Clenz if UNI and Sfa ever do another home and home, come down and visit texas
I would love too.

Outside of the way SFAs coaches and players acted during the 2010 (I think it was) game I've enjoyed SFA fans on here.

I think we'll see another sometime rather soon. UNI and SFA/McNeese seem to have a good relationship for scheduling

Sammy94
June 9th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Connor Brewer the QB that wants to play in every conference before he is done.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/09/former-texas-arizona-qb-connor-brewer-transferring-to-virginia/

JayJ79
June 12th, 2015, 03:42 AM
so it will be a Jack-off

McNeese75
June 12th, 2015, 02:09 PM
I think we'll see another sometime rather soon. UNI and SFA/McNeese seem to have a good relationship for scheduling

That **** could change soon if UNI keeps whipping both our asses like they have been :D

- - - Updated - - -

That **** could change soon if UNI keeps whipping both our asses like they have been :D