PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Site Determination - Please Review!

Retro
November 19th, 2006, 12:31 AM
OK, Just so we are all on the same page, please review the rules for playoff site determination........

Site Determination

With regard to first-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3, the NCAA Division I-AA Football Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:

a. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First round—$30,000
Quarterfinal—$40,000
Semifinal—$50,000
b. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top four seeded teams.
c. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows: (1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and potential, (4) team’s performance (i.e., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), and (5) student-athlete well-being (e.g., travel, missed class time).
d. If a quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions involved did not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the opportunity to submit a bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
e. If no institution is willing to submit a proposed budget at the current level, the previous round’s minimum financial guarantee will be offered. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institutions by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.
f. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution.

Saluki_man
November 19th, 2006, 09:48 AM
f. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution.

I think this may slightly hurt IL St chances of getting a home game.

ISUMatt
November 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I think this may slightly hurt IL St chances of getting a home game.

Oh yea, for the home playoff game, each student receives 3 mini plastic footballs!!! xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh:

fencer24
November 19th, 2006, 10:56 AM
If the minimum bid is $30k, and at $25 per ticket, who gets the excess for the 16,000 paying attendees? Is it split between the school and NCAA?

FlyYtown
November 19th, 2006, 11:17 AM
If the minimum bid is $30k, and at $25 per ticket, who gets the excess for the 16,000 paying attendees? Is it split between the school and NCAA?
Holy **** my man: Griz tickets are 25 bucks!?!?!?!

Wow I am happy I live in Youngstown, not only is everything cheap like gas and food, but our tickets are only 10 and 14 bucks!!!

GO GUINS!

ISUMatt
November 19th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Playoff Tickets At Illinois State:

Adult Reserved $13, Adult General Admission $8, and students - college age on down - $5.

mschn99
November 19th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Holy **** my man: Griz tickets are 25 bucks!?!?!?!

Wow I am happy I live in Youngstown, not only is everything cheap like gas and food, but our tickets are only 10 and 14 bucks!!!

GO GUINS!
u can charge 25 bucks a ticket when a 24,000 seat stadium isnt big enough for all the fans that want to go!!

McTailGator
November 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Playoff Tickets At Illinois State:

Adult Reserved $13, Adult General Admission $8, and students - college age on down - $5.

Playoff Tickets at MCNeese : $18 Reserved (Everything inside the 10 Yard lines), and $12 outside the 10's.

Students $5

McNeese sells nearly 7,000 season. And we've been averaging apx 12,500 for our home games this year. That attendance number has been climbing as the season has progressed. Expect 15K in attendance for round one.

Our bid was VERY aggressive to host.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM

The NCAA gets 75% of any revenue taken in that exceeds the bid the school made.

Doc