PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Division I-AA...... R.I.P. !!!!!!

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2006, 10:31 PM
It's been fun, but I'm dancing on it's grave. Bring on the The NCAA Division I CS.:nod: :nod: :nod:

AppState
November 18th, 2006, 10:58 PM
re: your avatar- I took that photo several years ago ('99 maybe). pm me if you need a larger version (it was a 1MP camera, so don't expect anything great) It was taken about 2 hours prior to the August scrimmage.

RIP I-AA. (bows head)

blukeys
November 18th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Agreed!!!!!!!!! But In addition to the end of I-AA You can add the end of the A-10. Next year it is the CAA.

I hope for expanded promotion of this great league as the A-10 has done nothing to increase the value of this football product. I'm looking for expanded promotion as well as increased competition with the SoCon. I hope It will add to the overall value of D-I CS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM
What will you guys refer to is as.. CS or FCS i tend to like the FCS better then the CS i dunno why just sounds better

BigSkyGrizGano
November 18th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I like that the new name implies that we are separate from 1-A but only in the way we crown a champion. Although it is a mouthful, I like the new name.

FUwolfpacker
November 18th, 2006, 11:09 PM
RIP I-AA:bow: We will miss you.

Hello NCAA Football Championship Subdivision!:hurray:

DFW HOYA
November 19th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I-AA isn't going away folks. Does anyone really think networks or newspapers are going to stop using the I-AA term, so as not to confuse people?

If Lee Corso started talking about the "NCAA Football Championship Subdivision", 99.9% of viewers would think he's talking about the BCS bowls.

Dukie95
November 19th, 2006, 09:59 AM
If Lee Corso started talking about the "NCAA Football Championship Subdivision", 99.9% of viewers would think he's talking about the BCS bowls.

When has Lee Corso talked about I-AA in the past?

ASU Kep
November 19th, 2006, 12:12 PM
When has Lee Corso talked about I-AA in the past?

When talking about "some patsy I-AA school."

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM
it's the "sub'-division part that sticks in my craw.

It should be Football Championship DIVISION.

EKU05
November 19th, 2006, 12:34 PM
it's the "sub'-division part that sticks in my craw.

It should be Football Championship DIVISION.

No it shouldn't...the whole point was to show that I-AA is PART of division one...therefore it is a subdivision. Removing the "sub" defeats the entire purpose of the move.

BigApp
November 19th, 2006, 07:42 PM
well, the NCAA does not crown a football champion higher than our division, so what difference does it make?

UMass922
November 19th, 2006, 07:52 PM
well, the NCAA does not crown a football champion higher than our division, so what difference does it make?

The NCAA may not crown a champion in I-A/FBS, but NCAA football is still played at that level, so the NCAA still needs a name for it. The NCAA divisions are I, II, and III. I-A/FBS and I-AA/FCS are not divisions; they are subdivisions. So the new name is accurate.

BEAR
November 19th, 2006, 08:00 PM
BS or CS....We play for the championship, no debates about it! .

November 19th, 2006, 08:46 PM
What will you guys refer to is as.. CS or FCS i tend to like the FCS better then the CS i dunno why just sounds betterFCS is already an acronym, Fox College Sports.

CS IS BEST!

dprichar
November 19th, 2006, 09:05 PM
What is I-AA.org going to become? I think CS.org or something like that doesn't adequately say what the website is. Any ideas?

dprichar
November 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Nevermind, I see it's college sporting news now. I guess that works.

skinny_uncle
November 19th, 2006, 09:20 PM
BS or CS....We play for the championship, no debates about it! .
The DI championship. It is not our fault that some leagues like the Ivy or Big Ten do not choose to participate in the playoffs.
:smiley_wi

Keeper
November 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
How ironic.
I googled "CS" and came up www.cs.org
which is Cultural Survival !!

Let's give the media a week or two
to see if they winnow it out.

I'm sure y'all will post the results.:thumbsup:

BlueHenBoy
November 22nd, 2006, 05:33 PM
For all intensive purposes it is still 1-AA to me. It is so much sexier.:smiley_wi And the new name does sound for distant from 1-A.

jwfgeol
November 23rd, 2006, 08:18 AM
For all intensive purposes
I thought it was for all intents and purposes :rotateh: