PDA

View Full Version : FCS at FBS Matchups

FanofFCS
April 8th, 2015, 10:38 AM
81 FCS teams playing in 106 matchups against the FBS.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_04_08_2015.htm

centennial
April 8th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Possible upsets for MVFC-
Illinois State - Sept. 5 at Iowa
Northern Iowa - Sept. 5 at Iowa State
South Dakota State - Sept. 5 at Kansas
Long shots-
Indiana State - Sept. 12 at Purdue
Youngstown State - Sept. 5 at Pittsburgh
Western Illinois - Sept. 12 at Illinois

BEAR
April 8th, 2015, 11:55 AM
UCA vs. Oklahoma State..... not even close...but I'll try the BBQ in Stillwater!

Daytripper
April 8th, 2015, 12:02 PM
SHSU vs. Texas Tech.....You never know...

pokefan02
April 8th, 2015, 12:05 PM
McNeese State @ Louisiana State...could be interesting for 2,2.5 quarters

Sent from my HTC M8

BEAR
April 8th, 2015, 12:42 PM
SHSU vs. Texas Tech.....You never know...

I thought the Bears were going to get RUN by Texas Tech's high flying offense but they had little defense to speak of. Only problem that bit us later in the year was our defense was just as bad in the passing category. If you can pass the ball you can get into a game of who can score the most with high points however if they've improved their defense and your passing offense isn't as good as last year then TT will win. IMO. But hey, you never know.

M Ruler
April 8th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Albany @ Buffalo. UA has a chance as the Bison struggled with Duquesne last year.

melloware13
April 8th, 2015, 03:50 PM
CAA Matchups, by likelyhood of upset:
Villanova (9/3) @ UConn
James Madison (9/26) @ SMU
Albany (9/5) @ Buffalo
New Hampshire (9/3) @ San Jose State
Maine (9/19) @ Tulane
Richmond (9/5) @ Maryland
Stony Brook (9/3) @ Toledo
William & Mary (9/19) @ Virginia
Delaware (9/26) @ North Carolina
Elon (9/3) @ Wake Forest
Towson (9/5) @ East Carolina
Rhode Island (9/5) @ Syracuse

NoDak 4 Ever
April 8th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Possible upsets for MVFC-
Illinois State - Sept. 5 at Iowa
Northern Iowa - Sept. 5 at Iowa State
South Dakota State - Sept. 5 at Kansas
Long shots-
Indiana State - Sept. 12 at Purdue
Youngstown State - Sept. 5 at Pittsburgh
Western Illinois - Sept. 12 at Illinois

I can't wait for that SDSU/KU game.

Daytripper
April 8th, 2015, 06:41 PM
CAA Matchups, by likelyhood of upset:
Villanova (9/3) @ UConn
James Madison (9/26) @ SMU
Albany (9/5) @ Buffalo
New Hampshire (9/3) @ San Jose State
Maine (9/19) @ Tulane
Richmond (9/5) @ Maryland
Stony Brook (9/3) @ Toledo
William & Mary (9/19) @ Virginia
Delaware (9/26) @ North Carolina
Elon (9/3) @ Wake Forest
Towson (9/5) @ East Carolina
Rhode Island (9/5) @ Syracuse

Nova has a chance...

SFA 93
April 8th, 2015, 06:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCAIHB1WMAExVp0.jpg:large

centennial
April 8th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Going to the game? The new QB(think Luan was his name) played half of last season, wasn't too impressed with him. Wonder if SDSU can hit KU with what they did to NDSU in the playoffs, lots of looks that no one has seen before..

mmiller_34
April 8th, 2015, 07:06 PM

Sorry to be negative nancy. We won't beat Kansas. SDSU can't get over that mental block against FBS competition; no matter how winnable the game might be. (Classic examples: SDSU vs Iowa State - 2008, SDSU vs. Minnesota - 2009, SDSU vs. Kansas - 2012)

lionsrking2
April 9th, 2015, 12:12 AM
I think we'll have at least a decent shot to beat Ohio. We'll be breaking in a new starter at QB but we should have a good running attack and we're really good on defense.

Mattymc727
April 9th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Im thinking UNH gets back on the winning side vs FBS when they show up to San Jose St. SJS sucked big time last year. Might be the worst FBS team we have played in a while.

Catatonic
April 9th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Southland Teams that could pull an upset:

Abilene Christian - Sept. 5 at Fresno State
Northwestern State - Sept. 12 at Louisiana-Lafayette;
Sam Houston State - Sept. 5 at Texas Tech
Southeastern Louisiana - Sept. 19 at Ohio

McNeese almost got the W against Nebraska last year so anything is possible, but LSU is not Nebraska.

The Sports Network nailed its description of Abilene Christian's "status"

"Abilene Christian hasn't been in the FCS long enough to even get a rise out of opponents on that level, so Fresno State might lack focus when they kick off the season. Coach Ken Collums' Wildcats had some solid wins last season, including at Troy."

Northern Colorado fans have been grumbline about ACU being a "cup cake" game so I can't imagine Fresno State will take us seriously, particularly since they play Ole Miss the week following us. We used our "cup cake" status to our advantage a couple of times last year to sneak up on some teams. Hopefully, we can do the same this year. We will still be an underdog...but on any given Saturday.

Sammy94
April 9th, 2015, 09:38 AM
McNeese State @ Louisiana State...could be interesting for 2,2.5 quarter

That would be longer than the interesting 2, 2.5 minutes we had last season, but tailgating sure was fun.

jmufan999
April 13th, 2015, 10:37 AM
seems like JMU frequently plays teams with new coaches. it's a coincidence, but here you go:

UNC 2007 (Butch Davis) - L, 37-14
Duke 2008 (David Cutcliffe) - L, 31-7
UNC 2011 (Everett Withers) - L, 42-10
SMU 2015 (Chad Morris) - ???

not suggesting we've lost those for that reason alone, but I don't think it helps. yes, the system is new. but the players really seem to play hard. I would not be predicting a JMU win. in the CAA, I'd go with Nova/UNH as you typically would... and possibly W&M as they always seem to play well against UVA.

Smitty
April 13th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Sept. 19th WCU at Tennessee;
Nov. 14th WCU at Texas A&M

Good news - We were pretty close last year against South Florida. Bad news - Unfortunately these two are South Florida...

knucklehead
April 13th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Coastal will win their FBS matchup........oh wait.

Liberty will beat Ga State and give WVU a run.

catamount man
April 13th, 2015, 12:39 PM

Good news - We were pretty close last year against South Florida. Bad news - Unfortunately these two are South Florida...

We'll beat UT in Knoxville 37-36. Troy Mitchell will show out. Wait and see. GO CATS!

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM

Those game are a joke....xlolx...two SEC games...xdrunkyx. If nothing else there will be close to 200k people to witness those massacres....

GoAgs72
April 13th, 2015, 04:33 PM
UC Davis will have a chance against Nevada and Hawaii. I mean a chance of scoring, not winning. However, the rest of the season is much easier than 2014 so we might actually get near a winning season.

centennial
April 13th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Doesn't seem like the FBS is going to stop playing the FCS any time soon. Interesting pattern for the MVFC, G5 schools aren't really scheduling us much.. NDSU seems to be going towards an unofficial moratorium. I am not a big "Let's move to the FBS" NDSU fan.. That said, if we are going to remain in the FCS, and still want to play the FBS, perhaps it is time to look at the top SEC/ PAC 12/ ACC schools and play them for cheap.

bisoninloveland
April 14th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I like the rabbits to beat Kansas. and bearkats and red raiders , toss up.. TT doesnt play def.