View Full Version : New SHSU fan website

Daytripper
April 3rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Some of the guys over at the Sam Houston fan forum (katfans.com) have launched a new content section to the site.... The site and the contents are not officially university affiliated. Kinda by the fans and for the fans. It launched this morning... http://www.bearkatrepublic.com/

Also, follow on twitter if you wish.... @BearkatRepublic

Catsfan90
April 8th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Really good job. Very professional quality.

TheRevSFA
April 8th, 2015, 02:49 PM
It should be called "why can't we fill up Bowers"

TheRevSFA
April 8th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Looks good. Also I know Tim real well. He's not bad for a bearkat

Nickels
April 9th, 2015, 08:02 AM
It should be called "why can't we fill up Bowers"
If all 4 lumberjackfans.com posters got together they could name their site "Why can't we fill our half of Reliant without help from fans wearing orange?".

Sammy94
April 9th, 2015, 09:34 AM
"Why can't we fill our half of Reliant without help from fans wearing orange?".

They are at the Merrell Center waiting on Basketball season to return. They don't understand that their football team was also one and done in post season play.

Nickels
April 9th, 2015, 09:53 AM
They are at the Merrell Center waiting on Basketball season to return. They don't understand that their football team was also one and done in post season play.
Nah I think they're at SFA's baseball field...oh wait...nevermind you're probably right.

TheRevSFA
April 9th, 2015, 11:11 AM
If all 4 lumberjackfans.com posters got together they could name their site "Why can't we fill our half of Reliant without help from fans wearing orange?".

Congrats on not getting your alumni back to Huntsville for games. SFA is top 30 in FCS attendance.

But hey, at least you get your t-shirt Aggie fan alumni to come to one game :)

bertram
April 9th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Really good job. Very professional quality.

A $58 Word Press theme does all the magic for them
http://themeforest.net/item/gameday-wordpress-sports-media-theme/3777874

Sammy94
April 9th, 2015, 02:31 PM
SFA is top 30 in FCS attendance.

Nice to see you guys can get in the top 30 in something......Southland Strong

Daytripper
April 9th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Congrats on not getting your alumni back to Huntsville for games. SFA is top 30 in FCS attendance.

But hey, at least you get your t-shirt Aggie fan alumni to come to one game :)

That's the only thing left to do in Nacogdoches. You know, once you've already made out with your sister and all....

Catsfan90
April 9th, 2015, 04:32 PM
A $58 Word Press theme does all the magic for them
http://themeforest.net/item/gameday-wordpress-sports-media-theme/3777874
Seriously? Its impressive how far website builders have come. It used to cost a pretty penny to have someone build one for you.

TheRevSFA
April 9th, 2015, 08:15 PM
That's the only thing left to do in Nacogdoches. You know, once you've already made out with your sister and all....

You act like Huntsville is that much classier of a town

McNeese75
April 10th, 2015, 08:45 AM

Daytripper
April 10th, 2015, 09:55 AM
You act like Huntsville is that much classier of a town

I never said that.....xeyebrowx We have to put up with all the state-sanctioned murders. So I guess it is a wash?

Nickels
April 10th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I never said that.....xeyebrowx We have to put up with all the state-sanctioned murders. So I guess it is a wash? You can't even participate in good ol' fashion rivalry smack without whoring out your ideology?

Nickels
April 10th, 2015, 11:02 AM
SHSU streams are stronger. This is because SFA students have swollen urethras due to Nacogdoches' exorbitant chlamydia rates (they're close to Louisiana).

McNeese75
April 11th, 2015, 11:17 AM
SHSU streams are stronger. This is because SFA students have swollen urethras due to Nacogdoches' exorbitant chlamydia rates (they're close to Louisiana).

xlolx
Ahhhh, so that is what ails you as well because somewhere I remember you grew up damn close to the LA border. :D

SFA 93
April 11th, 2015, 07:46 PM
BASEBALL: SFA 2-1 series win
M. BASKETBALL: SFA 3-0
M. CROSS COUNTRY: SFA 2nd SLC Championships (SHSU wasn't 1st)
W. CROSS COUNTRY: SFA 2nd SLC Championships (SHSU wasn't 1st)
FOOTBALL: SHSU 42-28
M. GOLF: TBD
W. GOLF: TBD
M. TRACK & FIELD: SFA 1st SLC Indoor Championships
W. TRACK & FIELD: SFA 1st SLC Indoor Championships
W. BASKETBALL: TIE 1-1
BOWLING: TIE 1-1
SOCCER: SFA 2-1
SOFTBALL: TBD
TENNIS: TBD
VOLLEYBALL: SFA 3-2

Maybe SHSU should just go ahead and fire their AD because SHSU doesn't lose to SFA. (At least according to their fan base)

Panther88
April 14th, 2015, 09:40 AM
In an odd way, I enjoy the bantering between SHSUers and SFAers :D lol. Y'all tickle me. lolololololol xlolx

Catatonic
April 14th, 2015, 09:48 AM
In an odd way, I enjoy the bantering between SHSUers and SFAers :D lol. Y'all tickle me. lolololololol xlolx

In the same way that I enjoy trash talk between Alabama-Auburn or TAMU-Texas fans, I kind of enjoy watching SHSU and SFA square off.

Abilene isn't good enough yet to have such trash talking rivals. Maybe when we grow up.

Sammy94
April 14th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Abilene isn't good enough yet to have such trash talking rivals.

You don't have to be good, as proof below.

Sam Houston State
Nacogdoches

Sam Houston State
Huntsville

Sam Houston State
Nacogdoches

Stephen F. Austin
Huntsville

Sam Houston State
Nacogdoches

Sam Houston State
Huntsville

Sam Houston State
Nacogdoches

Sam Houston State
Huntsville

Sam Houston State
Huntsville

Stephen F. Austin
Nacogdoches

Stephen F. Austin
Houston

Sam Houston State
Houston

Sam Houston State
Houston

Sam Houston State
Houston

Sam Houston State
Houston

BEAR
April 14th, 2015, 03:49 PM
In the same way that I enjoy trash talk between Alabama-Auburn or TAMU-Texas fans, I kind of enjoy watching SHSU and SFA square off.

Abilene isn't good enough yet to have such trash talking rivals. Maybe when we grow up.

Are you kidding? ACU is one of those FCS ready teams. With Ken at the helm even more so. None of the UCA players were overlooking ACU last year...ACU just bought the wood! I personally think UCA coaches strategized for your other QB but that shows the depth for ACU. I have no doubt that ACU will be a competitor in the SLC VERY quickly.

Nickels
April 14th, 2015, 10:03 PM
xlolx
Ahhhh, so that is what ails you as well because somewhere I remember you grew up damn close to the LA border. :D

Why do you think I moved west? Burn me once, shame on you.....

Just keep your crotch rot east of 59 and we wont have any problems.

Nickels
April 14th, 2015, 10:05 PM

Any idea which team will become ACU's SLC rival?

Catatonic
April 15th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Any idea which team will become ACU's SLC rival?

Too soon to say.

My money is on UCA. Our coach QB'd UCA to an NAIA national championship back in the day. He gets fired up over playing the old alma mater.

Could be UIW if/when they become more competitive, since we both moved up from the same D2 conference and they are relatively close to us.

It won't be Nicholls since they are nowhere on our future schedules. (Don't get me started on SLC scheduling).

Fans really enjoyed the trip to McNeese. Their fans treated us right. They have too many existing rivalries though. Same with Sam and SFA.

Right now our focus is on becoming competitive. We have achieved a kind of respectable mediocrity in most sports during our first two years, but we have not topped the conference in anything. Once we more firmly establish ourselves, rivals will emerge.

Catatonic
April 15th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Are you kidding? ACU is one of those FCS ready teams. With Ken at the helm even more so. None of the UCA players were overlooking ACU last year...ACU just bought the wood! I personally think UCA coaches strategized for your other QB but that shows the depth for ACU. I have no doubt that ACU will be a competitor in the SLC VERY quickly.

Our coaches did a great job with the game plan against y'all. Our starting QB was out with a concussion. The back up had a shoulder injury that prevented him from making any but the most basic throws. So we ran. Good thing we have a decent stable of running backs and that our back up QB could still run as well. (We had two true freshmen QB's but chose not to burn their red shirts. We want them playing when we become play off eligible). We did not announce any of this in advance, so your coaches had no way of knowing that a team averaging over 25 passes per game would pass only 8 times; only enough to keep the defense honest.

Nickels
April 15th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Their fans treated us right.
Be forewarned, we use to be treated well (when we were mediocre) when traveling but after a couple of nice playoff runs, we get treated like **** just about everywhere we go. The towns' folk are often great but opposing fans are typically **** bags to us these days.

TheRevSFA
April 15th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Be forewarned, we use to be treated well (when we were mediocre) when traveling but after a couple of nice playoff runs, we get treated like **** just about everywhere we go. The towns' folk are often great but opposing fans are typically **** bags to us these days.

Quit playing the victim.

Nickels
April 15th, 2015, 12:26 PM
playing the victim.
Like SFA does every year in Reliant?

Catatonic
April 15th, 2015, 12:36 PM

So we will know we have arrived when we are treated like ****. I look forward to the day.

TheRevSFA
April 15th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Like SFA does every year in Reliant?

More like your basketball team who is on a double digit losing streak against us

Nickels
April 15th, 2015, 01:24 PM
More like your basketball team who is on a double digit losing streak against us
LOL who gives a **** about SLC basketball?

TheRevSFA
April 15th, 2015, 01:56 PM

Yet somehow we get more national recognition for it than your football playoff appearances.

Sammy94
April 15th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Isn't this Any Given Sat.? No one cares about basketball here.

BEAR
April 16th, 2015, 11:50 AM

I do! I do! Um........nevermind. xlolxxbawlingx