PDA

View Full Version : Blue Turf Going in at Finley

Milktruck74
April 1st, 2015, 04:22 PM
The Mocs are installing Blue Turf....say Screw Boise's licensure deal!!!!

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=209993804

FormerPokeCenter
April 1st, 2015, 04:24 PM
Why is the turf blue?

Sadness from the title game departure?

PAllen
April 1st, 2015, 04:28 PM
Well, that will be ugly. Let's rule out any bid from Chattanooga for the title game for the foreseeable future.

clenz
April 1st, 2015, 04:45 PM
Wow...almost believed it too.

Goes right along with UNI's "We're going to have a live panther mascot" schtick they've pulled for 5 straight years now.

BisonFan02
April 1st, 2015, 08:56 PM
The other choice of FBS invite for Chatty was deemed too obvious. :D

walliver
April 2nd, 2015, 08:34 AM
I was almost tricked when it showed up on the FCS news section of AGS. I did think it strange that they were nearing completion of an ambitious project no-one seemed to know about. My second thought was that anyone doing anything that stupid should be kicked out of the SoCon.

What made this such a good April Fools prank is that fact that there are actually programs doing stupid stuff like this for real. I was thinking how neat it would be if Wofford played on black turf in the afternoon in late August.

chattownmocs
April 2nd, 2015, 10:41 AM
They are getting new turf installed though and its nearing completion.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBlufm3UsAAPSec.jpg

chattownmocs
April 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
I guess they can paint this stuff? I always though the logos and stuff were part of the turf usually?

PAllen
April 2nd, 2015, 11:07 AM
I guess they can paint this stuff? I always though the logos and stuff were part of the turf usually?

Usually the logos are sewn in as part of the carpet. However, you can paint over it for both long term and short term (painting over the FB lines for lacrosse season vs painting over the team logo with the logo of the bowl game). When you pick out the rug, you decide which lines/logos you want sewn in, and which you want to paint on every season.