PDA

View Full Version : "Coach" becoming an assistant at Penn

Go Green
March 27th, 2015, 06:25 AM
This should be interesting.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/coach-revival-starring-craig-t-235940830.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

I liked the show. It was never a great show, but it was cute.

Model Citizen
March 27th, 2015, 07:55 AM
...the new head coach at an Ivy League school in Pennsylvania that is just starting up a new team.

New team in the Ivy League? They shouldn't give DFW HOYA false hope.

superman7515
March 27th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Let's see... College in PA... No football currently... Ladies and Gentlemen, give a warm round of applause to your 2015 Ivy League Champions... The Drexel Dragons!

DFW HOYA
March 27th, 2015, 08:24 AM
[/FONT]

New team in the Ivy League? They shouldn't give DFW HOYA false hope.

Now if it was a new team in the Patriot League, that would really be a false hope... xdeadhorsex

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2015, 09:22 AM
There are rumors that a wannabe Ivy team might be starting up football in Easton, PA...

PAllen
March 27th, 2015, 01:37 PM
There are rumors that a wannabe Ivy team might be starting up football in Easton, PA...

Nah, they've been playing for quite a while. But they have sucked for a while, like since facemasks were invented, so it's understandable that nobody knew they played the game. :D

Franks Tanks
March 27th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Andy Coen = Luther (uncanny)

Houndawg
March 28th, 2015, 05:59 AM
This should be interesting.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/coach-revival-starring-craig-t-235940830.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

I liked the show. It was never a great show, but it was cute.

The actor that played Dobber, Bill Fagerbakke (?) was the one who should have played Forrest Gump, if you read the book.

Go Green
March 28th, 2015, 06:56 AM
[/FONT]

New team in the Ivy League? .

Penn has fallen on hard times these days. They might as well be a "new team." :)

Go Green
March 28th, 2015, 06:59 AM
The actor that played Dobber, Bill Fagerbakke (?) was the one who should have played Forrest Gump, if you read the book.

I can see that.

I think Jerry Van Dyke was offered the role of Gilligan. He turned it down because he thought the show was too stupid. So he ended up doing "My Mother The Car" which many consider the stupidest show ever on television. :)

heath
March 28th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Andy Coen = Luther (uncanny)
No, Luther had a sense of humor and showed emotion. Andy has neither.

dgtw
March 28th, 2015, 10:08 AM
The original show ended in 1997. They adopted a baby the last season or so. Not sure how old the baby was, but he couldn't be any older than 20 by now.

[/continuity rant]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Green
March 28th, 2015, 11:38 AM
The original show ended in 1997. They adopted a baby the last season or so. Not sure how old the baby was, but he couldn't be any older than 20 by now.

[/continuity rant]

Babies age faster in television.

There were a couple of shows where the parents would have another baby (usually kid #4) at the end of season X. And when season Y started a few months later, the kid would already be five years old.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 28th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I think now I've seen it all now that I've actually seen a thread question the continuity of a sub-par 90s sitcom. Oh, wait, it's a Patriot League thread. Carry on.

heath
March 28th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I think now I've seen it all now that I've actually seen a thread question the continuity of a sub-par 90s sitcom. Oh, wait, it's a Patriot League thread. Carry on.
Actually surprised you didn't do a blog on it, guess someone beat you to the punch. How can you really critic anything thread after your past?xconfusedx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 28th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Actually surprised you didn't do a blog on it, guess someone beat you to the punch. How can you really critic anything thread after your past?xconfusedx

How can you really "critic" anything when you haven't written anything?

dgtw
March 30th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Babies age faster in television.

There were a couple of shows where the parents would have another baby (usually kid #4) at the end of season X. And when season Y started a few months later, the kid would already be five years old.

You age quicker if you are born while your mother is jumping over a shark.

carney2
April 1st, 2015, 12:54 PM

You're a bit behind on this one. They practiced last November in the Bronx. Beat the living crap out of a bunch of little girls in dung brown and white football suits.

Bill
April 2nd, 2015, 10:35 AM
Come on, Carney. Those were pinstripes, not brown and white football suitsxembarrassedx

Lehigh Football Nation
April 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Come on, Carney. Those were pinstripes, not brown and white football suitsxembarrassedx

Calling them football suits would imply that they were actually playing football that day.

Go Green
September 3rd, 2015, 05:31 AM
Bad news, folks-- "Coach" has been canceled.

http://tvline.com/2015/08/31/coach-cancelled-nbc-revival/

Looks like we will have to wait a little longer before we see a show about coaching in the FCS or Ivy.

Laker
September 3rd, 2015, 07:15 AM
I can see that.

I think Jerry Van Dyke was offered the role of Gilligan. He turned it down because he thought the show was too stupid. So he ended up doing "My Mother The Car" which many consider the stupidest show ever on television. :)

It would be hard to name one that was more stupid. Unless you included the Kardashians.

I wouldn't have turned down a chance to be with Mary Ann.

RichH2
September 3rd, 2015, 07:31 AM
Great thread with my AM coffee xcoffeex xlolx. Thanks to all.