PDA

View Full Version : MEAC/SWAC bowl game is officail

813Jag
March 18th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Conference Champions will meet at Georgia Dome in Atlanta
http://espnmediazone.com/us/files/2015/03/Celebration-Bowl-Logo-300x176.jpg (http://espnmediazone.com/us/files/2015/03/Celebration-Bowl-Logo.jpg)The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) will meet in the newly created Celebration Bowl postseason game (https://youtu.be/Xxb4HLsSDj0)on Dec. 19, 2015, pitting the conference champion from these two Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). The game will be played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, on an ESPN network
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/03/meac-swac-play-newly-created-celebration-bowl-following-2015-season/

apologies for the typo in the thread title

Lehigh Football Nation
March 18th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Kool and the Gang at halftime, right?

Panther88
March 18th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Funny Lehigh Football Nation, my paternal uncle played several instruments in Kool & The Gang for several years.

But what does your superfluous comment have to do in support of the game now evolved to a bowl game @ the D-I FCS level, outside of wasted bandwidth? xconfusedx

Congrats to the SWAC and MEAC on such a bold move, w/ the backing of espn, considering both conferences are @ the D-I FCS level.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 18th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Funny Lehigh Football Nation, my paternal uncle played several instruments in Kool & The Gang for several years.

But what does your superfluous comment have to do in support of the game now evolved to a bowl game @ the D-I FCS level, outside of wasted bandwidth? xconfusedx

Congrats to the SWAC and MEAC on such a bold move, w/ the backing of espn, considering both conferences are @ the D-I FCS level.

I like, and liked, Kool and the Gang before they became Kool and no Gang.

http://andys-backing-tracks.webs.com/kool-and-the-gang.jpg

But three comments:

1. The "Celebration Bowl" is either trying to celebrate Kool and the Gang, or celebrate.... celebration? One has to admit it's an odd name for a bowl whichever interpretation you take.

2. I don't understand "bold move, w/ the backing of ESPN". Taking payola from ESPN is many things, but "bold" isn't one of them. "Bold" would be staying within the framework of the FCS playoffs trying to improve the payouts/visibility/the ESPN contract.

3. How long will the MEAC and SWAC stay at the D-I FCS level? ESPN could televise this as a D-II bowl and it probably will have the same interest level and viewership. And such an action certainly marginalizes the MEAC the same way the SWAC has been marginalized in the FCS community since they opted out of the FCS playoffs.

(pausing from my soapbox for a second to contemplate the awesomeness of this Celebration album cover)

Panther88
March 18th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I like, and liked, Kool and the Gang before they became Kool and no Gang.

http://andys-backing-tracks.webs.com/kool-and-the-gang.jpg

But three comments:

1. The "Celebration Bowl" is either trying to celebrate Kool and the Gang, or celebrate.... celebration? One has to admit it's an odd name for a bowl whichever interpretation you take.

2. I don't understand "bold move, w/ the backing of ESPN". Taking payola from ESPN is many things, but "bold" isn't one of them. "Bold" would be staying within the framework of the FCS playoffs trying to improve the payouts/visibility/the ESPN contract.

3. How long will the MEAC and SWAC stay at the D-I FCS level? ESPN could televise this as a D-II bowl and it probably will have the same interest level and viewership. And such an action certainly marginalizes the MEAC the same way the SWAC has been marginalized in the FCS community since they opted out of the FCS playoffs.

(pausing from my soapbox for a second to contemplate the awesomeness of this Celebration album cover)

Awareness & Understanding: quite evasive words to americans.

Good day, LFN. Enjoy your snow & cold air in that place up there ^^^^^^. Earlier this morning, I spoke w/ my bermuda grass and it told me that its seedlings need more nitrogen instead of the soft stuff I spread last month in order for it to be a deeper green. xsmhx

TheRevSFA
March 18th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Good luck to you. I hope it goes well and meets expectations

Panther88
March 18th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Good luck to you. I hope it goes well and meets expectations

Thanks, Rev. xbowx

Yo' LFN, if you want to know what class and positivity looks like, please, speak w/ RevSFA. xsmhx

I'm all for a convo pro/con but stupid superfluous comments, I'm not in the mood to entertain that brand of stupidity, today.

WileECoyote06
March 18th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I'm considering cutting back my donations.

WestCoastAggie
March 18th, 2015, 12:24 PM

Now that's just silly.

walliver
March 18th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I've always thought that NCAA classifications are not particularly relevant when discussing HBCU's which play primarily HBCU schedules. So, the fact that two FCS teams participate in a "bowl" instead of the playoffs doesn't bother me. I am not offended when the Ivies choose not to play with us riff-raff in the SoCon and the rest of FCS. If SWAC and MEAC schools choose to play only traditional rivals and isolate themselves from the rest of FCS it is none of my concern.

Participating in the game will not further marginalize the MEAC in any way. The FCS playoffs will not be affected to any great extent, other than one more marginal team getting an at-large bid. Good luck to both conferences.

aceinthehole
March 18th, 2015, 01:49 PM
I've always thought that NCAA classifications are not particularly relevant when discussing HBCU's which play primarily HBCU schedules. So, the fact that two FCS teams participate in a "bowl" instead of the playoffs doesn't bother me. I am not offended when the Ivies choose not to play with us riff-raff in the SoCon and the rest of FCS. If SWAC and MEAC schools choose to play only traditional rivals and isolate themselves from the rest of FCS it is none of my concern.

Participating in the game will not further marginalize the MEAC in any way. The FCS playoffs will not be affected to any great extent, other than one more marginal team getting an at-large bid. Good luck to both conferences.

I agree. Ivy and HBCU football are both their own, unique "brand" of football that is frankly bigger than FCS. Good for them.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 18th, 2015, 01:59 PM
So which schools, if any, will be leaving over this now that it's official?

kdinva
March 18th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Kool and the Gang at halftime, right?

....or, Jay Walker doing karaoke?

Sorry to see the MEAC leave the playoffs.......just one more at-large bid to be discussed....

clenz
March 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM
....or, Jay Walker doing karaoke?

Sorry to see the MEAC leave the playoffs.......just one more at-large bid to be discussed....
Is it...or does the NCAA drop the field to 20 until the IVY wants a bid?

On the plus side...this does get Jay Walker off of the playoff coverage..right?

RabidRabbit
March 18th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Given the performance of these two conferences in the FCS play-offs vs the turnstyle abilities of these two conferences, add in the ESPN exposure, it is a good thing for the schools.

Best of the success in keeping these schools progressing. I'm just saddened that HBCU's are basically stepping away from competing against any one outside their own. IMHO, this will continue to erode the skill levels shown by the HBCU's, leaving them even less competitive to FCS than they have been.

Panther88
March 18th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Given the performance of these two conferences in the FCS play-offs vs the turnstyle abilities of these two conferences, add in the ESPN exposure, it is a good thing for the schools.

Best of the success in keeping these schools progressing. I'm just saddened that HBCU's are basically stepping away from competing against any one outside their own. IMHO, this will continue to erode the skill levels shown by the HBCU's, leaving them even less competitive to FCS than they have been.

Nice post, RR. But don't forget that those 2 conferences can still schedule OOC vs whomever.

RabidRabbit
March 18th, 2015, 04:16 PM
This Rabbit fans appreciates that SWAC teams through a multitude of sports have seen fit to include Rabbits into their schedules. Hope that continues.

AggieManiac704
March 18th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I hate this idea

number1
March 18th, 2015, 06:13 PM

What sense does that make? If you noticed only the conference champion would go to the Bowl Game, the runner-up could still gain a playoff bid if their resume fits.

WestCoastAggie
March 18th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I think this game will be great for both conferences.

Big Dawg
March 18th, 2015, 06:36 PM
I'm just saddened that HBCU's are basically stepping away from competing against any one outside their own. IMHO, this will continue to erode the skill levels shown by the HBCU's, leaving them even less competitive to FCS than they have been.

Not completely true...good chance you'll see us still schedule tough OOC games.

You might see that strategy in scheduling as the 2nd place MEAC team still gets an outside shot at an at-large bid to the playoffs, and in the event that you don't win the conference, you may have to rely on some of those OOC games to get into postseason play.

clenz
March 18th, 2015, 06:53 PM
What sense does that make? If you noticed only the conference champion would go to the Bowl Game, the runner-up could still gain a playoff bid if their resume fits.
How many meac teams actually deserve an at large

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WileECoyote06
March 18th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Now that's just silly.

I can give to a myriad of programs and scholarship plans. They won't miss my little money either way right?

WestCoastAggie
March 18th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I can give to a myriad of programs and scholarship plans. They won't miss my little money either way right?

They will miss it especially when they are looking to cut $2.5 milli from their budget.

AggieManiac704
March 18th, 2015, 07:50 PM

barely any if you wanna look at body of work on a year by year basis

WileECoyote06
March 18th, 2015, 09:07 PM
They will miss it especially when they are looking to cut $2.5 milli from their budget.

That's not what is going on. They want to decrease the amount of dollars from institutional support (ie reduce money coming from ever increasing student athletic fees). The chancellor has charged the athletic department with increasing revenue by fundraising more. The only way they can cut 2.5 million is to fire our popular revenue-sports coaches or move down to D2. And neither is happening any time soon.

caribbeanhen
March 18th, 2015, 09:34 PM
MEAC vs SWAC seems to make perfect sense for these two conferences, FCS playoffs are kind of like watching kids in the batting cage while the real games are being played somewhere else, not that Bethune vs Southern is a real game xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
March 18th, 2015, 09:37 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/PrestigiousGargantuanCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

BluBengal07
March 18th, 2015, 09:39 PM
congrats on the FCS bowl.

Panther88
March 18th, 2015, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxb4HLsSDj0

It's a "done deal." :) Naysayers, I guess we will NOT see you there lol. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 19th, 2015, 01:05 AM
The only way they can cut 2.5 million is to fire our popular revenue-sports coaches or move down to D2.

Hm.

DSUrocks07
March 19th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Hey can anyone familiar with the NCAA by-laws can confirm something for me?

The calender year for the NCAA begins July 1st, so any conference moves or Division changes would have to be announced before then for the proverbial clock to start that same year, correct?

DSUrocks07
March 19th, 2015, 03:04 AM
If the MEAC and SWAC are going to do this then there is no point in having more than 9 teams in their respective conferences. So that would mean that two teams could hypothetically leave the MEAC and one the SWAC and they would still be able to have the 8 team conference slate, and 3 (or 4) OOC games every year.

Unless both conferences want to do a "championship game", which is completely asinine.

WileECoyote06
March 19th, 2015, 05:27 AM
If the MEAC and SWAC are going to do this then there is no point in having more than 9 teams in their respective conferences. So that would mean that two teams could hypothetically leave the MEAC and one the SWAC and they would still be able to have the 8 team conference slate, and 3 (or 4) OOC games every year.

Unless both conferences want to do a "championship game", which is completely asinine.

We can keep the teams, but there is really no reason to play OOC games against other FCS schools. We can play our CIAA brethren at home (1 game), play one game against FBS, and then play nine conference games.

DSUrocks07
March 19th, 2015, 05:36 AM
We can keep the teams, but there is really no reason to play OOC games against other FCS schools. We can play our CIAA brethren at home (1 game), play one game against FBS, and then play nine conference games.
In that case, we can completely forget about any at-large bid.

But I'm sure that wouldn't stop the peanut gallery from claiming that politics kept them out xlolx

Big Dawg
March 19th, 2015, 06:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxb4HLsSDj0

It's a "done deal." :) Naysayers, I guess we will NOT see you there lol. xlolx

Nice promo...hopefully they include us in the bowl week commercials. I've always complained that ESPN sadly never gives the FCS Playoffs any kind of publicity(commercials, bumpers, etc).

Since they've put us in this game, I hope they give it some actual attention.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 19th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Nice promo...hopefully they include us in the bowl week commercials.

Good luck with that.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 19th, 2015, 08:02 AM

That would take care of Alabama State and NCA&T. Who would the 3rd be?

clenz
March 19th, 2015, 08:03 AM

But I'm sure that wouldn't stop the peanut gallery from claiming that politics kept them out xlolx
Funny thing - it was usually politics that got them undeserved bids...

813Jag
March 19th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Nobody is leaving the SWAC, the SCG isn't going anywhere. The SWAC isn't going to let go of that game, especially drawing 38K the last two seasons.

813Jag
March 19th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I'll take the trip to Atlanta to see this take place.

DSUrocks07
March 19th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Funny thing - it was usually politics that got them undeserved bids...
That too

Lehigh Football Nation
March 19th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Something that came up on Twitter, worthy of mention, is that folks were wondering if the 100 Black Men of Atlanta would sponsor both the Celebration Bowl and the Atlanta Classic. There is speculation that the Atlanta Classic might be dead in favor of this game.

WileECoyote06
March 19th, 2015, 10:03 AM

It wasn't politics. The committee has been consistent when they've awarded MEAC at-large bids. Plus of the teams who were the last in, they actually beat other playoff teams. BCU didn't.

WestCoastAggie
March 19th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Something that came up on Twitter, worthy of mention, is that folks were wondering if the 100 Black Men of Atlanta would sponsor both the Celebration Bowl and the Atlanta Classic. There is speculation that the Atlanta Classic might be dead in favor of this game.

It makes sense. The Celebration Bowl should also partner with Honda and Merge their Battle of the Bands event with this game to make that weekend one Mega-HBCU weekend in Atlanta.

DeltaDevil662
March 19th, 2015, 12:19 PM
xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx......

DeltaDevil662
March 19th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Nobody is leaving the SWAC, the SCG isn't going anywhere. The SWAC isn't going to let go of that game, especially drawing 38K the last two seasons.

Exactly.

The Celebration Bowl adds extra incentive to winning to SCG in the winner knows that they go to ATL 2 weeks afterwards

Big Dawg
March 19th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Good luck with that.

Hey, the game already got a promotional video and I've been badgering ESPN on doing the same thing for the FCS playoffs for years

Big Dawg
March 19th, 2015, 05:43 PM

Every so often you have MEAC teams who deserve it...the MEAC had a few playoff games in which they just blew it at the end...SCSU and Hampton both had opportunities to make deep runs a choked in the 4th quarter of the opening round game.

BluBengal07
March 20th, 2015, 08:06 AM
It makes sense. The Celebration Bowl should also partner with Honda and Merge their Battle of the Bands event with this game to make that weekend one Mega-HBCU weekend in Atlanta.

i don't know about that. i keep thinking about the attempted BotB after the SCG. just wasn't right and was random. these two should be separate to create a funnel of events happening in the area. might be more of a local advance, i guess.
This bowl game will have is own collection of events and programs surrounding it to let it stand on its own. just like the SCG(in Houston), who comes to the first game will set the bar for the future.

Panther88
March 20th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Hey, the game already got a promotional video and I've been badgering ESPN on doing the same thing for the FCS playoffs for years

And they still haven't responded? xsmhx I think a LOT of people aren't being honest w/ themselves. Mainstream america doesn't care or know anything about D-I FCS. The majority are closely aligned w/ those bcs buster schools. In fact, look @ your own campuses and look @ their foolish pride in wearing the bcs schools paraphonelia @ will. The only individuals who care and know about FCS are FCSers themselves. What I think is unique about HBCUs is that we have pathdom to our HBCU constituents and the greater community of African-Americans who show connectivity.

Prime example.... how does a newly created (recent-first-time-type @ that time) "Angel City" classic in Los Angeles between a winless North Carolina A&T university and a historical loser program in Prairie View A&M University draw over 50,000 people? How does that work? Granted, I think it was Grambling, Howard, Morehouse, and Southern who previously played games in L.A.

North Carolina A&T has lost 18 consecutive games dating to October 2005.
Prairie View A&M once lost 80 consecutive football games in the 1990s

From the LA Times:
Sandra Phillips did not attend either North Carolina A&T or Prairie View A&M universities, nor is she a big-time college football fan. But when Phillips heard those schools' football teams were playing in this year's Angel City Classic at the Coliseum -- kickoff is Saturday at 2:30 p.m. -- she made it a priority to call her son and ask him to buy tickets.

BisonFan02
March 20th, 2015, 06:35 PM
And they still haven't responded? xsmhx I think a LOT of people aren't being honest w/ themselves. Mainstream america doesn't care or know anything about D-I FCS. The majority are closely aligned w/ those bcs buster schools. In fact, look @ your own campuses and look @ their foolish pride in wearing the bcs schools paraphonelia @ will. The only individuals who care and know about FCS are FCSers themselves. What I think is unique about HBCUs is that we have pathdom to our HBCU constituents and the greater community of African-Americans who show connectivity.

Prime example.... how does a newly created (recent-first-time-type @ that time) "Angel City" classic in Los Angeles between a winless North Carolina A&T university and a historical loser program in Prairie View A&M University draw over 50,000 people? How does that work? Granted, I think it was Grambling, Howard, Morehouse, and Southern who previously played games in L.A.

Bands

clenz
March 20th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Bands
A make her dance....

Seems culturally fitting for that to be the reply

AshevilleApp2
March 20th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I hope it works out well for both the conferences involved.xthumbsupx

WestCoastAggie
March 20th, 2015, 08:07 PM
A make her dance....

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/003/419/yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg

BisonFan02
March 20th, 2015, 08:32 PM
A make her dance....

does it? :D

TSUalum05
March 20th, 2015, 09:01 PM
And don't forget about the extra weeks of practice that will benefit the champions as they prepare for the following year as well.

centennial
March 21st, 2015, 01:37 PM
Well that's that. Wish the MEAC stayed and grew instead of running away. Honestly, this is much more exposure than FCS first round, but that can also come from playing P5 well or actually being good.

DeltaDevil662
March 21st, 2015, 02:23 PM
i don't know about that. i keep thinking about the attempted BotB after the SCG. just wasn't right and was random. these two should be separate to create a funnel of events happening in the area. might be more of a local advance, i guess.
This bowl game will have is own collection of events and programs surrounding it to let it stand on its own. just like the SCG(in Houston), who comes to the first game will set the bar for the future.

I'm inclined to agree with this as well. Let the bandheads have their own thing with the BOTB and let's grow the CB with its own events surrounding it. We know ESPN Events is going to do everything first class like the MEAC/SWAC Challenge.

number1
March 23rd, 2015, 12:13 AM

I think this game will make the season even more hype now. The SCG will be even more exciting now that they will be playing for the opportunity to play in this bowl game.

Panther88
March 23rd, 2015, 12:44 AM
Bands

"really?!" (pc)

lol :D

BisonFan02
March 23rd, 2015, 01:08 AM
"really?!" (pc)

lol :D

xlolx well, its not the SWAC/MEAC football I've seen in Fargo. :D

Panther88
March 23rd, 2015, 11:12 AM
xlolx well, its not the SWAC/MEAC football I've seen in Fargo. :D

Welp, considering you attended and graduated from a SWAC and/or MEAC institution of higher learning AND you have been a staunch part of either or both fanbases for well over 40+ years, I'd think you are more than qualified to give your opinion substantiating how/why the fanbase(s) continue to follow. Keep studying lol and enjoy your last visit to Frisco, Tx. I'm sure the committee folks will move the FCS NC back to Bo-Hank Billy-Bob, ten-ah-see, where it actually belongs (loaded lol).

me-> xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 23rd, 2015, 11:26 AM
Welp, considering you attended and graduated from a SWAC and/or MEAC institution of higher learning AND you have been a staunch part of either or both fanbases for well over 40+ years, I'd think you are more than qualified to give your opinion substantiating how/why the fanbase(s) continue to follow. Keep studying lol and enjoy your last visit to Frisco, Tx. I'm sure the committee folks will move the FCS NC back to Bo-Hank Billy-Bob, ten-ah-see, where it actually belongs (loaded lol).

me-> xlolx

Chattownmocs is going to host the FCSNCG?

TheKingpin28
March 23rd, 2015, 11:33 AM
Chattownmocs is going to host the FCSNCG?

Even if they do, Chaty will not be in the game and then cry about how they were the true #1 team, and that every other team just got lucky by avoiding them on their schedule. I think it would be interesting to see them try and play just one season in the MVFC and schedule all teams including USD and see if they could win. Doubt they'd even finish above .500 conference record.

DEX
March 23rd, 2015, 08:38 PM
So which schools, if any, will be leaving over this now that it's official?

Very likely NC A&T..............and I'm not speaking from emotion or what I'd like to see happen. Pure facts!

PAllen
March 23rd, 2015, 09:37 PM
So, early polling points to Del St. and NC A&T walking away. Anybody else? Where do they go, Big South?

Big Dawg
March 24th, 2015, 12:26 AM
So, early polling points to Del St. and NC A&T walking away. Anybody else? Where do they go, Big South?

There were a few other schools that were against the bowl game...FAMU and NCCU were on that list of schools against the game at some point. But listening to our new coach speak, he said the bowl game is a win-win as far as National exposure and money, although he also stated that he would love to get that At-Large bid to the playoffs.

I thought DSU was for the game.

AggieManiac704
March 24th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I think this game will make the season even more hype now. The SCG will be even more exciting now that they will be playing for the opportunity to play in this bowl game.

This game benefits the SWAC more than it does us......and well fell for it...

AggieManiac704
March 24th, 2015, 01:26 PM
There were a few other schools that were against the bowl game...FAMU and NCCU were on that list of schools against the game at some point. But listening to our new coach speak, he said the bowl game is a win-win as far as National exposure and money, although he also stated that he would love to get that At-Large bid to the playoffs.

I thought DSU was for the game.

DSU has been looking at the NEC for quite some time now. I'd imagine if A&T were to leave the MEAC, NCCU would try to follow, which is not a bad thing to be honest.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 24th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Would the A-Sun be interested in NCAT and NCCU? That seems like the most likely destination, with the Big South taking NCAT and NCCU in football only.

Big Dawg
March 24th, 2015, 05:11 PM
DSU has been looking at the NEC for quite some time now. I'd imagine if A&T were to leave the MEAC, NCCU would try to follow, which is not a bad thing to be honest.

Well, since bands were brought up, NCA&T and NCCU pretty much have corp style bands now...so, yep, you guys will fit in another conference perfectly LOL j/k

WestCoastAggie
March 24th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Very likely NC A&T..............and I'm not speaking from emotion or what I'd like to see happen. Pure facts!

Yep...

WestCoastAggie
March 24th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Well, since bands were brought up, NCA&T and NCCU pretty much have corp style bands now...so, yep, you guys will fit in another conference perfectly LOL j/k

http://i.imgur.com/3Ky0gre.gif

number1
March 24th, 2015, 08:16 PM
lol

Panther88
March 25th, 2015, 11:05 AM

Nah, don't kid w/ them. Tell the truth. They have the propensity to play "Hee-Haw" and "Rebels Glamour" so they'd fit right in there, until the final whistle blows and the silver badges show up to escort away. xlolx xlolx lol :D Go look @ aTm-B/CS halftimes for point of reference lol. "alla-kaboom-connect-connect...alla-kaboom-connect-connect" xlolx :D

Panther88
March 25th, 2015, 11:12 AM
This game benefits the SWAC more than it does us......and well fell for it...

Actually, it financially and (exposure wise) benefits both conferences. xsmhx Become more informed before you post, sir, if you claim to either be a supporter or follower/alum of NCA&T. *smh*

CrazyCat
March 25th, 2015, 11:55 AM
How much will each team make off this and the championship game per team ?

BluBengal07
March 25th, 2015, 12:06 PM
How much will each team make off this and the championship game per team ?

the latest total read is 1.8 million. haven't seen a confirmation, but a proposal should be the winner takes $800,000 and split the million among the rest, with the runner-up being rewarded more than the ones that didn't make it.

CrazyCat
March 25th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks. So, the Celebration bowl will basically give each conference a million around $100,000/team and the Bayou classic pays out about a million split for participating teams?

walliver
March 26th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Thanks. So, the Celebration bowl will basically give each conference a million around $100,000/team and the Bayou classic pays out about a million split for participating teams?

So one HBCU bowl game equals an entire season of Sun Belt games.xsalutex

zilla
March 26th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Which conference?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 26th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Which conference?

My guess is the Big South.

AggieManiac704
March 29th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Actually, it financially and (exposure wise) benefits both conferences. xsmhx Become more informed before you post, sir, if you claim to either be a supporter or follower/alum of NCA&T. *smh*

now.....I believe...I said it benefits the SWAC "more". I've read on most of the info that hasbeen presented. & I stand by my opinion. You may disagree but thats what makes us each different. We all have opinions homie

DeltaDevil662
April 1st, 2015, 07:07 AM