PDA

View Full Version : Former players accuse Alabama State's Jenkins of bullying, violations at BCU

FYI85
February 15th, 2015, 09:00 AM
It got so bad that Jenkins reportedly threatened his student-athletes with steak knives and left them to fend for their own on housing.

http://www.hbcugameday.com/2015/02/alabama-states-brian-jenkins-accused-of.html

superman7515
February 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Threatening players with a knife, forcing a kid to sleep in his truck with nowhere to live, several NCAA violations involving practice limits and cash for players... Yikes.

smallcollegefbfan
February 15th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Threatening players with a knife, forcing a kid to sleep in his truck with nowhere to live, several NCAA violations involving practice limits and cash for players... Yikes.

Wait. He is paying several players extra cash, not paying his assistants, and letting one player live in his truck without money? Something tells me this is worse than it really is. It also doesn't quite add up unless he is taking the money he was gonna pay his assistants and paying it to players. But why pay extra to one starter and take away from another? This is crazy.

And FYI on Henderson, that kid has someone a little nuts emailing everyone about him. Hyping him as the best TE in FCS and all that. I'm not sure I take a lot of what that kid or anyone close to him has to say as legit. They are very delusional if they think he is the best in the MEAC, let alone FCS like they are claiming. I hope Henderson is credible because the person hyping him on his behalf sure isn't.

Big Dawg
February 15th, 2015, 11:46 AM
This is not good...not good at all.

Jenkins was intense and crazy on the sidelines, but these new allegations take it to an entirely new level.

813Jag
February 15th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Dodged a bullet when he decided to not go to Southern.

Bisonator
February 16th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Wow, is all I can say.

Libertine
February 16th, 2015, 08:08 AM
ASU Interim Athletic Director Melvin Hines said he was aware of the investigation and the incidents that prompted it, and he said he knew of the allegations reported to the NCAA.
Hines also said that he made ASU trustees and ASU President Gwendolyn Boyd aware of the issues prior to Jenkins being hired on Dec. 16 and approved by the board on Feb. 5.
However, Boyd, board Chairman Locy Baker and other trustees said they had no discussions with Hines about the problems. In an emailed response to several questions asking if Hines had alerted her to specific allegations levied against Jenkins, Boyd's only reply was: "No."
Baker also denied having a conversation with Hines but said he would wait and see what came of the potential problems.
ASU trustee Angela McKenzie was informed of at least some of the allegations against Jenkins, according to a former Bethune-Cookman assistant coach who spoke on condition of anonymity. ...When asked if she felt comfortable approving Jenkins' contract in light of the assistant coach's allegations, McKenzie said, "I didn't vote on his contract. I abstained from all (personnel) votes."

CYA in full effect at ASU.

kdinva
February 16th, 2015, 08:48 AM
If Alabama State goes 8-3 or 9-2 this Fall.......all will be forgotten......"just win, baby"....

Lehigh Football Nation
February 16th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I read this a couple times, and I'm having a tough time with it. I see how not everyone likes Jenkins' draconian discipline, but the knife thing seems like it's being blown up into something it wasn't. As for the NCAA violation of an "impermissible benefit" to driving to USF before a game where they'd be on the road anyway to settle the kid's bill, that's laughably sad if that gets any sort of punishment from the NCAA. The housing issue is the most serious charge, but is that Jenkins' fault? That seems like it's as much or more on B-CU's administration not ponying up rent money for the kids to stay on campus.

Not everything was done right by Jenkins but in too many ways this seems like vindictive ex-players trying to pin stuff on Jenkins because they don't like him rather than running a renegade program.

smallcollegefbfan
February 16th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I read this a couple times, and I'm having a tough time with it. I see how not everyone likes Jenkins' draconian discipline, but the knife thing seems like it's being blown up into something it wasn't. As for the NCAA violation of an "impermissible benefit" to driving to USF before a game where they'd be on the road anyway to settle the kid's bill, that's laughably sad if that gets any sort of punishment from the NCAA. The housing issue is the most serious charge, but is that Jenkins' fault? That seems like it's as much or more on B-CU's administration not ponying up rent money for the kids to stay on campus.

Not everything was done right by Jenkins but in too many ways this seems like vindictive ex-players trying to pin stuff on Jenkins because they don't like him rather than running a renegade program.

I'm with you. Many times people make this stuff out to be much more than it really is. Henderson and people close to him think he is the best tight end in the nation and thus if they are seeing himself as that, then he surely isn't seeing everything in a truly impartial way. Definitely true that you can't blame Jenkins on the housing issues.

superman7515
February 16th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Sounds a bit disgruntled.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/rankinfile/2015/02/15/former-player-says-brian-jenkins-better-suited-to-coach-prison-team/23459021/ (http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/rankinfile/2015/02/15/former-player-says-brian-jenkins-better-suited-to-coach-prison-team/23459021/)

Another former player has spoken out against Brian Jenkins.In the comment section of today's Montgomery Advertiser article about allegations against the new Alabama State coach, Kevin Williams, a former player (http://www.bcuathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23910&ATCLID=205433454) under Jenkins at Bethune-Cookman, wrote Jenkins is "better suited to coach a prison team" than a college team.
"I came in on the 2011 recruiting class, and left after the first season, all because of that guy," Williams wrote. "He drove a lot of us insane and it was completely unreasonable. I played for Armwood High in Seffner Fla., a top school in the nation so I know how to work hard, but that guy takes it way too far glad I was able to get out of there. I hope ASU knows what they signed up for."
Williams added that Jenkins is "good for coaching ruffnecks basically."