PDA

View Full Version : WCU/NDSU game on 9/1/2016 is cancelled.

BisonFan02
February 10th, 2015, 02:05 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: #NDSU AD Matt Larsen confirms the #NDSU-Western Carolina game is OFF for September 1st, 2016

Called it.....pussies. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2015, 02:10 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: #NDSU AD Matt Larsen confirms the #NDSU-Western Carolina game is OFF for September 1st, 2016

Called it.....pussies. :D

Why is it off and or why did you call it? What's the story?

gumby013
February 10th, 2015, 02:11 PM

WCU scheduled a game with Eastern Carolina.

Bisonator
February 10th, 2015, 02:15 PM
FFS! xsmhx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 10th, 2015, 02:15 PM

They already rescheduled it once. It was supposed to happen last year or something like that. They were never going to do it. It was their old AD that scheduled it.

IBleedYellow
February 10th, 2015, 02:16 PM
New Hampshire! We want YOU!

kdinva
February 10th, 2015, 02:17 PM

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-east-carolina-pirates-football-schedule.php

Lehigh Football Nation
February 10th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I would like a second crack at NDSU. Just sayin'.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 10th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Not a shock. Get Montana State.... Lol

BisonFan02
February 10th, 2015, 02:23 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?166948-Western-Carolina-2015-football-schedule-released

What Nodak said and the above posts #11 and #28. No hard feelings towards WCU though...just glad it happened now and not this time in 2016. xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
February 10th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I'm not worried/mad at all. Props to WCU for giving us almost 2 years to get this sorted out.

gumby013
February 10th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Any of the following, please have your AD give AD Matt Larsen a call.

Stony Brook
New Hampshire
James Madison
Villanova
Northern Arizona
Towson
Lehigh
Lafayette
Jacksonville State
SELA
Delaware
Central Arkansas
Chatty
McNeese

melloware13
February 10th, 2015, 02:32 PM

Stony Brook
New Hampshire
James Madison
Villanova
Northern Arizona
Towson
Lehigh
Lafayette
Jacksonville State
SELA
Delaware
Central Arkansas
Chatty

We are scheduled out until 2018, so no dice from Newark.

BisonFan02
February 10th, 2015, 02:34 PM

Stony Brook
New Hampshire
James Madison
Villanova
Northern Arizona
Towson
Lehigh
Lafayette
Jacksonville State
SELA
Delaware
Central Arkansas
Chatty

Larsen should have a connection at Stony Brook and they've made the trip out to El Forko Grande once already. Same trip minus the bus ride out of Fargo. :)

IBleedYellow
February 10th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Can we add McNeese to that list, also?

gumby013
February 10th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Can we add McNeese to that list, also?

Done.

Bisonator
February 10th, 2015, 02:50 PM
We are scheduled out until 2018, so no dice from Newark.

Things change.;)

Professor Chaos
February 10th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Apparently WCU paid 200K to get out of the game. So in the end the NDSU athletic department should be able to pay someone else for a guarantee game and with the profits from that game make a little money out of the deal.

kdinva
February 10th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Apparently WCU paid 200K to get out of the game. .

....I wonder if ECU "helped" with the $200K, as part of that contract? I'm sure WCU thought this all the way through, and will net close to $300K when all is finalized....

NoDak 4 Ever
February 10th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I hope with enough lead up that we can find better than a cupcake. Then again, that's what WCU was going to be anyway.

clenz
February 10th, 2015, 05:07 PM
....I wonder if ECU "helped" with the $200K, as part of that contract? I'm sure WCU thought this all the way through, and will net close to $300K when all is finalized....
I would put good money on ECU paying all of it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Silenoz
February 10th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Someone call up Montana Sta... oh you beat me to it

BisonFan02
February 10th, 2015, 05:46 PM
I think College of AGS has some open dates.... :D

SUPharmacist
February 10th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I think College of AGS has some open dates.... :D

Schedule College of Faith, on a bad day College of AGS might have a chance, college of faith not so much.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 10th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Lehigh's schedules have become top secret information. I have no idea what 2015's slate looks like let alone 2016. With that said, Sterrett absolutely should consider this game imo. The 2011 visit was disappointing in many regards. LU better have things turned by then anyway...

If not Lehigh then Fordham, Lafayette or Colgate should get on this. Fordham would be cool imo, Da Bronx invades the Northern Plains....

pokefan02
February 10th, 2015, 07:19 PM
McNeese would want it to be H&H so the game will never happen

Sent from my HTC M8

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 10th, 2015, 07:23 PM
How about NDSU try to get a lower FBS team to come to Fargo?

kdinva
February 10th, 2015, 08:05 PM
How about NDSU try to get a lower FBS team to come to Fargo?

Why not Idaho? Show the Vandals where they belong....

gumby013
February 10th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Why not Idaho? Show the Vandals where they belong....

They have a game game scheduled that week. Eastern Michigan and Buffalo are available.

dewey
February 10th, 2015, 08:18 PM
With the $200 k buyout NDSU should be able to bring in another FCS team. So did WCU contact NDSU or did NDSU find out via other means? If WCW called and told NDSU that they were buying the contract out and that the check was in the mail then I have no problem...however if NDSU found out another way then that is crappy.

Dewey

dewey
February 10th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Stony Brook
New Hampshire
James Madison
Villanova
Northern Arizona
Towson
Lehigh
Lafayette
Jacksonville State
SELA
Delaware
Central Arkansas
Chatty
McNeese

I wouldn't mind seeing the following teams;
California Davis
California Poly
Eastern Illinois
Southern Utah

Dewey

Smitty
February 10th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Honestly this was probably for the better. Almost none of our fans would really be interested in travelling to NDSU (no offense) and we are still working on trying to become better in the first place. I know the AD has expressed that they like to schedule games that are in the same region so fans can easily travel to support the team.

Besides with our improvement last year, we may be playoff bound soon and can meet you guys then.

citdog
February 10th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Honestly this was probably for the better. Almost none of our fans would really be interested in travelling to NDSU (no offense) and we are still working on trying to become better in the first place. I know the AD has expressed that they like to schedule games that are in the same region so fans can easily travel to support the team.

Besides with our improvement last year, we may be playoff bound soon and can meet you guys then.

Brave WCU ran away! ONE mediocre season and these hillbillies are "playoff bound". Going to enjoy them finishing 6th in the SoCon this year.

PAllen
February 10th, 2015, 09:37 PM
This is a no brainer for WCU. No offense to NDSU, but it helps WCU significantly more to have a WCU/ECU game, than play a "North who State? Oh isn't that the small school that Game Day went to a few years ago?" If WCU could somehow become a semi regular on ECU's slate, that would be huge for them. As it is, a game here and there cannot be turned down. This is the risk teams run when they insist on hosting guarantee games at this level. It becomes simply a the other guy's check is bigger than your check thing, and FBS checks are always bigger.

BisonFan02
February 10th, 2015, 09:50 PM
This is a no brainer for WCU. No offense to NDSU, but it helps WCU significantly more to have a WCU/ECU game, than play a "North who State? Oh isn't that the small school that Game Day went to a few years ago?" If WCU could somehow become a semi regular on ECU's slate, that would be huge for them. As it is, a game here and there cannot be turned down. This is the risk teams run when they insist on hosting guarantee games at this level. It becomes simply a the other guy's check is bigger than your check thing, and FBS checks are always bigger.

NDSU > ECU xthumbsupx

UNHWildcat18
February 10th, 2015, 10:14 PM

I really wish (sounds salty I know) we didn't lose idk 6 starters in the ISUr game blow 3 open TD chances and the lead. Really wish we went on to play you guys. Last year would have been the year to do it. Really think it would have been just as close as the ISUr game. Unfortunately we aren't traveling that far for a game unless it's FBS or CAA

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 05:11 AM

I get your point about ECU but I doubt there are many people that don't know who we are.

Lehigh'98
February 11th, 2015, 05:24 AM
I get your point about ECU but I doubt there are many people that don't know who we are.

I'm really trying not to sound like a salty as* when I say this, but the general football fan knows absolutely nothing about FCS. I could go into a sports bar in NYC and ask 100 people about NDSU, if 10 knew you I'd be shocked...I'd be more shocked if even 1 was familiar with WCU. You have the highest regard amongst us diehards, but the general public is a different animal. Also, regionally, I'm sure it's much different.

chattownmocs
February 11th, 2015, 05:36 AM
Lol. NDSU won't do a home and home? Who are the pussies again?

FUBeAR
February 11th, 2015, 06:03 AM
I'm really trying not to sound like a salty as* when I say this, but the general football fan knows absolutely nothing about FCS. I could go into a sports bar in NYC and ask 100 people about NDSU, if 10 knew you I'd be shocked...I'd be more shocked if even 1 was familiar with WCU. You have the highest regard amongst us diehards, but the general public is a different animal. Also, regionally, I'm sure it's much different.

Do you think you would find a much higher awareness factor if you asked those same 100 people about "Eastern Carolina?" I would wager the correct answer is "No." Nationally, people only know SEC, ACC, TheBigWhatever#'s, PACWhatever#, and the Service Academies. Then, people know most of the G5 and some of the FCS schools in their Region. As the earlier poster from NJ bears out by calling WCU's new opponent, "Eastern Carolina." It's East Carolina (no -ern for the Pirates from Greenville, NC) and I would assume most anyone posting on this Board is a pretty avid football fan, as am I, but, living in the South, I can't tell you which one of Idaho or Idaho State is in FBS; which one is the Vandals; nor the mascot of the other one. I believe a more accurate statement would be, "the general football fan knows almost nothing about non-P5 football outside of their region." My point, and I do have one, is that it's not JUST FCS Football that general football fans don't know.

clenz
February 11th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Do you think you would find a much higher awareness factor if you asked those same 100 people about "Eastern Carolina?" I would wager the correct answer is "No." Nationally, people only know SEC, ACC, TheBigWhatever#'s, PACWhatever#, and the Service Academies. Then, people know most of the G5 and some of the FCS schools in their Region. As the earlier poster from NJ bears out by calling WCU's new opponent, "Eastern Carolina." It's East Carolina (no -ern for the Pirates from Greenville, NC) and I would assume most anyone posting on this Board is a pretty avid football fan, as am I, but, living in the South, I can't tell you which one of Idaho or Idaho State is in FBS; which one is the Vandals; nor the mascot of the other one. I believe a more accurate statement would be, "the general football fan knows almost nothing about non-P5 football outside of their region." My point, and I do have one, is that it's not JUST FCS Football that general football fans don't know.
The national awareness for ecu is considerably hihertthan any FCS program

PaladinFan
February 11th, 2015, 07:10 AM

Try explaining that one to our friends from Boone and Statesboro.

Professor Chaos
February 11th, 2015, 07:15 AM
There's really no reason for either side to bitch and moan about this. NDSU gets a hefty buyout check with plenty of time to find another game and extra cash to spend on it. WCU gets a regional FBS game and will make a significant chunk of change even with the buy out. It's a win/win situation financially.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 08:03 AM

When you ball as big as we do, you don't have to.

Bisonator
February 11th, 2015, 08:03 AM

We've scheduled plenty of H/H you douche. The problem is if the H/H doesn't start in Fargo we end up screwed by pussies buying out the return game. Does UTC want to come up for an ass kicking?

tenNesseeCat
February 11th, 2015, 08:13 AM
There's really no reason for either side to bitch and moan about this. NDSU gets a hefty buyout check with plenty of time to find another game and extra cash to spend on it. WCU gets a regional FBS game and will make a significant chunk of change even with the buy out. It's a win/win situation financially.

not to mention it's an old in-state directional rivalry. I'm sure it has a little to do with recruiting too. we will have plenty of fans at ECU, but wouldn't have many in ND. less travel, more money, and more exposure in our footprint. from my understanding, WCU needs smart financial decisions right now, and this is one. on offense, but playing in front of 50,000 at Dowdey-Ficklen, maybe 60,000 by '16, is much better than what we would get in Fargo. for us. i liked that we had NDSU on the schedule, until i found out, there was no return game in Cullowhee.
http://dilemmaxdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/dowdy-ficklen-stadium.jpg

random question, but why doesn't NDSU play in the MVC in basketball? the Summit League? i've never even heard of that.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 08:16 AM
not to mention it's an old in-state directional rivalry. I'm sure it has a little to do with recruiting too. we will have plenty of fans at ECU, but wouldn't have many in ND. less travel, more money, and more exposure in our footprint. from my understanding, WCU needs smart financial decisions right now, and this is one. on offense, but playing in front of 50,000 at Dowdey-Ficklen, maybe 60,000 by '16, is much better than what we would get in Fargo. for us. i liked that we had NDSU on the schedule, until i found out, there was no return game in Cullowhee.
http://dilemmaxdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/dowdy-ficklen-stadium.jpg

random question, but why doesn't NDSU play in the MVC in basketball? the Summit League? i've never even heard of that.

The MVC is far too interested in private schools these days. The Summit League used to be the Mid-Continent conference. It was the only conference looking for members when they were available. The MVC and the MVFC are only casually related.

Bisonator
February 11th, 2015, 08:34 AM

The MVC are BB snobs.

Gordon Shumway
February 11th, 2015, 08:38 AM

That week in 2016 will almost certainly be our FBS game, or the home opener in the new stadium, and there is zero chance of either of those being changed.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Now that I look at the schedule, we need a cupcake. We have Eastern Washington and Iowa on the schedule so a good easy game would be in order

Bisonator
February 11th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Is there a site with future FCS schedules? If not maybe we can get something started here on AGS.

gumby013
February 11th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Now that I look at the schedule, we need a cupcake. We have Eastern Washington and Iowa on the schedule so a good easy game would be in order

Eastern Michigan?

NDSUKurt
February 11th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Is there a site with future FCS schedules? If not maybe we can get something started here on AGS.

There is the Google Docs spreadsheet on here. I have been working on the 2015 schedule, but I also will in future years games if they are known. If y find games for future years, please send them to me and I will add them to the spreadsheet.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Something to think about is one's fanbase and one's willingness to travel for a football game. Some schools have a culture of travelling to faraway lands to catch a game but others do not.

Personally I am dying to see Lehigh play Montana/NDSU/typical FCS powerhouse programs on the road. But even I can't always get onto charter flights and spend the entire time away from family to do so. And the further away the games, the more you're counting on flights and potentially time away from family to get there.

If Lehigh plays NDSU or Montana I've promised myself that I will get on the flight to do it. But many other fans won't. That would also hold true if Lehigh played at Colorado, Stanford... They are costly propositions.

Bisonator
February 11th, 2015, 09:29 AM
There is the Google Docs spreadsheet on here. I have been working on the 2015 schedule, but I also will in future years games if they are known. If y find games for future years, please send them to me and I will add them to the spreadsheet.

Where do I find that?

Mattymc727
February 11th, 2015, 09:32 AM
UNH's home opener in 2016 is September 10th against Holy Cross. UNH will be traveling the 3rd no doubt, but its always an FBS school.

FUBeAR
February 11th, 2015, 09:52 AM
The national awareness for ecu is considerably hihertthan any FCS program

Source?

NDSUKurt
February 11th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Where do I find that?

You should see it on the homepage. If you don't see it, contact ursus. He may have to "open" it for you to see.

Lehigh'98
February 11th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Source?

It essentially comes down to that they play Saturday afternoon games on ESPN or a sub network (not ESPN3) where they can be watched by a casual fan flipping through games. Not saying many will tune in, but its more coverage than NDSU will get throughout the season.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 11th, 2015, 10:25 AM
UNH's home opener in 2016 is September 10th against Holy Cross. UNH will be traveling the 3rd no doubt, but its always an FBS school.

Also playing September 17th at Dartmouth. So the remaining OOC game needs to be a guarantee game. Does NDSU want to offer a FBS level guarantee for a game?

PaladinFan
February 11th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Source?

This is the same nonsense that we went round and around with App/GSU about.

If you are not one of the (comparatively) small handful of schools with a national brand, then what the heck does it even matter? Hey, 3 people watched instead of 2, but none of them cared.

I didn't go to Furman because it had a big national following. Were that the case, I would have gone to UGA.

I would eat my hat if the majority of folks casually tuning in to an ECU game could even tell you which Carolina ECU is in, much less what city it is in, what their majors are, famous alums, or even what conference they play in.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 10:28 AM
It essentially comes down to that they play Saturday afternoon games on ESPN or a sub network (not ESPN3) where they can be watched by a casual fan flipping through games. Not saying many will tune in, but its more coverage than NDSU will get throughout the season.

If you are watching ESPNU at 7pm, you are probably only a ECU or the opposing team fan.

Bisonator
February 11th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Also playing September 17th at Dartmouth. So the remaining OOC game needs to be a guarantee game. Does NDSU want to offer a FBS level guarantee for a game?

Sorry but UNH does not fit the "cupcake" category we are looking for. xthumbsupx

Lehigh'98
February 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
This is the same nonsense that we went round and around with App/GSU about.

If you are not one of the (comparatively) small handful of schools with a national brand, then what the heck does it even matter? Hey, 3 people watched instead of 2, but none of them cared.

I didn't go to Furman because it had a big national following. Were that the case, I would have gone to UGA.

I would eat my hat if the majority of folks casually tuning in to an ECU game could even tell you which Carolina ECU is in, much less what city it is in, what their majors are, famous alums, or even what conference they play in.

Of course you are correct. The comparison was between NDSU and ECU. While there is little difference, it's still a difference.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 11th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Sorry but UNH does not fit the "cupcake" category we are looking for. xthumbsupx

Hey, one of you guys said you wanted New Hampshire!! ;) :D

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Of course you are correct. The comparison was between NDSU and ECU. While there is little difference, it's still a difference.

The casual fan thinks of NDSU as an FCS powerhouse and they can give many P5 teams a run for their money.

The casual fan thinks of ECU as one of the better teams of the AAC and they can give many P5 teams a run for their money.

I don't see much difference.

Lehigh'98
February 11th, 2015, 10:42 AM
The casual fan thinks of NDSU as an FCS powerhouse and they can give many P5 teams a run for their money.

The casual fan thinks of ECU as one of the better teams of the AAC and they can give many P5 teams a run for their money.

Again, ECU plays on tv nationally throughout the season. NDSU does not. This makes a difference. Not a huge one, but it's there.

NoDak 4 Ever

anyone who calls them Eastern Carolina is instantly disqualified.

Bisonator
You should see it on the homepage. If you don't see it, contact ursus. He may have to "open" it for you to see.

Ok I sent ursus a PM but if anyone else can help me locate this I'd appreciate it. I don't even know what I'm looking for, I'm an idiot! xembarrassedx

ccd494
February 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Word was Maine and NDSU got fairly far along for a H/H, starting in Fargo in 2014, but NDSU lost interest.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Again, ECU plays on tv nationally throughout the season. NDSU does not. This makes a difference. Not a huge one, but it's there.

The analogy is wrong. ECU gave itself an opportunity to play a bunch of P5 teams last season, and won some key ones (Virginia Tech, UNC), and got rewarded by being able to play a bowl game vs. Florida. NDSU had the opportunity to play one P5 team and won. That NDSU beat SDSU and ECU beat SMU doesn't really matter to the casual fan, whether it was broadcast on ESPN3 or ESPNU.

There is a difference, but most of the people tuning in for Ohio State/Alabama pretty much aren't aware of either school. Whether a game is broadcast on ESPNews, ESPNU or ESPN3 has nothing to do with that.

KPSUL
February 11th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Then come out of your little dome and visit Durham, NH. It would likely be the first game in NH's new dungeon.

BisonFan02
February 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Then come out of your little dome and visit Durham, NH. It would likely be the first game in NH's new dungeon.

Not impossible if the Iowa game is bought out perhaps. NDSU needs 6 home games per season (2 OOC and 4 Conference). In an 11 game season, the 3rd OOC game has typically been a BCS/FBS opponent on the road, but those games are drying up. We are starting to see more home/home deals (Montana, EWU, Weber St. etc.), and I wouldn't be shocked to see more sprinkled in as long as it fits the schedule model. The away end of a home/home for NDSU is either going to be in a 12 game season or in lieu of a FBS opponent (2015 at Montana for example).

Smitty
February 11th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Brave WCU ran away! ONE mediocre season and these hillbillies are "playoff bound". Going to enjoy them finishing 6th in the SoCon this year.

Either way it will still be above El Cit this season.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Not impossible if the Iowa game is bought out perhaps. NDSU needs 6 home games per season (2 OOC and 4 Conference). In an 11 game season, the 3rd OOC game has typically been a BCS/FBS opponent on the road, but those games are drying up. We are starting to see more home/home deals (Montana, EWU, Weber St. etc.), and I wouldn't be shocked to see more sprinkled in as long as it fits the schedule model. The away end of a home/home for NDSU is either going to be in a 12 game season or in lieu of a FBS opponent (2015 at Montana for example).

This. NDSU is in a position where they can set up their schedule as they please. That might not always exist but right now, they can call the shots.

FUBeAR
February 11th, 2015, 12:39 PM

My opinion (see, that's documenting my source, as lame as it is) is that the casual fan outside of SOME of the fans in the regions where the teams are located could tell you what AAC stands for. I didn't know....and I just looked at the list of teams....if you showed me that list and asked me to name the conference, I would GUESS it was Conference USA. Who the heck is in Conference USA, anyway? As many SoCon fans have opined on this Board, I may be quite the moron, but I AM an avid football fan...and living in ATL, GA...I don't hear about, nor do I give a rat's hindquarters about, anything other than P5 Football...FCS, notwithstanding, of course - THOSE TEAMS I FOLLOW!

catamount man
February 11th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Citdog loves to talk smack when it's never warranted. If WCU is mediocre, then what the hell is this track record since 2000?:

Don Powers

Ellis Johnson

Ellis Johnson

Ellis Johnson

John Zernhelt

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Mike Houston

catamount man
February 11th, 2015, 12:45 PM
2000-14, 12 losings season, 2 winning and 1 .500 season for the mighty Shannon Faulkner school of man-love
2000-14, WCU 12 losing seasons, 3 winning seasons
HEAD TO HEAD 9-6 Citadel.

Just keep it real Mr bellhop

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 12:47 PM
2000-14, 12 losings season, 2 winning and 1 .500 season for the mighty Shannon Faulkner school of man-love
2000-14, WCU 12 losing seasons, 3 winning seasons
HEAD TO HEAD 9-6 Citadel.

Just keep it real Mr bellhop

Holy ****, this is reaching epic level unintentional comedy.

BisonBacker
February 11th, 2015, 12:50 PM

xlolx

PaladinFan
February 11th, 2015, 12:51 PM

The casual fan doesn't give a crap about NDSU. They don't care about ECU either. They don't know the distinction between FCS/FBS football. They are not impressed with wins over Minnesota and think Kansas State is overrated anyway. They couldn't name you three schools in the MAC.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 01:14 PM
The casual fan doesn't give a crap about NDSU. They don't care about ECU either. They don't know the distinction between FCS/FBS football. They are not impressed with wins over Minnesota and think Kansas State is overrated anyway. They couldn't name you three schools in the MAC.

Well then, the casual fan can just not go to the Beef O' Brady's bowl. Oh wait, they don't.

I live in a town of T-shirt fans right now. I used to live in a town of t-shirt fans. They care about the top, and nobody here cares.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2015, 01:23 PM
To be clear, ECU pounded UNC 70-41 last season. They have some ballplayers. Maybe not CFP worthy, but a pretty damned good team. But even then, I agree, outside the Carolinas and the college football hardcores they are invisible. Just like NDSU. Aside from the Dakotas and FCS hardcores, they are invisible, too.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 01:32 PM
To be clear, ECU pounded UNC 70-41 last season. They have some ballplayers. Maybe not CFP worthy, but a pretty damned good team. But even then, I agree, outside the Carolinas and the college football hardcores they are invisible. Just like NDSU. Aside from the Dakotas and FCS hardcores, they are invisible, too.

Whom are you trying to convince?

Catsfan90
February 11th, 2015, 01:35 PM
The rematch I'd give anything to see!

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2015, 02:34 PM
My pitch for Lehigh/NDSU in 2016.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/02/who-will-open-lehighs-football-schedule.html

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 02:47 PM
My pitch for Lehigh/NDSU in 2016.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/02/who-will-open-lehighs-football-schedule.html

You forgot a national championship

Bisonator
February 11th, 2015, 02:52 PM
You forgot a national championship

It's easy to lose track when you've won so many. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 02:56 PM
It's easy to lose track when you've won so many. :D

Or when you don't proofread.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Or when you don't proofread.

Maybe I can pay you what I'm being paid to proofread my stuff. In any event it's fixed.

BEAR
February 11th, 2015, 03:20 PM

Stony Brook
New Hampshire
James Madison
Villanova
Northern Arizona
Towson
Lehigh
Lafayette
Jacksonville State
SELA
Delaware
Central Arkansas
Chatty
McNeese

Here's our 2016 schedule:

Day
Date
Opponent
Live Stats
Details

Sat.
9/3/2016
OPEN

Details

Sat.
9/10/2016
Samford University (http://www.samfordsports.com/)
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
9/17/2016
Northwestern State University (http://www.nsudemons.com/)
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
9/24/2016
Arkansas State University (http://www.astateredwolves.com/)
State University, AR
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/1/2016
Abilene Christian University (http://www.acusports.com/)
Abilene, TX
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/8/2016
Houston Baptist University (http://www.hbuhuskies.com/)
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/15/2016
McNeese State University (http://www.mcneesesports.com/)
Lake Charles, LA
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/22/2016
Lamar University (http://www.lamarcardinals.com/)
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/29/2016
Southeastern Louisiana University (http://www.lionsports.net/)
Hammond, LA
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/5/2016
Stephen F. Austin (http://www.sfajacks.com/)
Nacogdoches, TX
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/12/2016
Nicholls State University (http://geauxcolonels.com/)
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/19/2016
Sam Houston State University (http://www.gobearkats.com/)
Huntsville, TX
TBA

Details

Looks like we have Saturday Sept. 3 open. Let''s do this!

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Maybe I can pay you what I'm being paid to proofread my stuff. In any event it's fixed.

Oh? Is this a vanity project?

Sandlapper Spike
February 11th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Western Carolina and East Carolina were actually both members of the SoCon for one season (1976). WCU couldn't compete for the league title that year, however, because it didn't have enough league opponents on its schedule (though it did play ECU).

kdinva
February 11th, 2015, 03:29 PM
UCA already has 11 games.....that's the limit until 2019..

Day
Date
Opponent
Live Stats
Details

Sat.
9/3/2016
OPEN

Details

Sat.
9/10/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
9/17/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
9/24/2016
State University, AR
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/1/2016
Abilene, TX
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/8/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/15/2016
Lake Charles, LA
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/22/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/29/2016
Hammond, LA
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/5/2016
Nacogdoches, TX
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/12/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/19/2016
Huntsville, TX
TBA

Details

BisonFan02
February 11th, 2015, 03:29 PM

Day
Date
Opponent
Live Stats
Details

Sat.
9/3/2016
OPEN

Details

Sat.
9/10/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
9/17/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
9/24/2016
State University, AR
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/1/2016
Abilene, TX
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/8/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/15/2016
Lake Charles, LA
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/22/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
10/29/2016
Hammond, LA
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/5/2016
Nacogdoches, TX
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/12/2016
CONWAY
TBA

Details

Sat.
11/19/2016
Huntsville, TX
TBA

Details

No bye week that year? :D I think 2016 is an 11 game season.

BEAR
February 11th, 2015, 03:41 PM
UCA already has 11 games.....that's the limit until 2019..

Dang...and Samford isn't a pushover game either...

BEAR
February 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM
No bye week that year? :D I think 2016 is an 11 game season.

This coming season we don't have a home game until 10/3/15.... WTF!!!!! Tailgating is gonna suck come deer season not long after that!

catamount man
February 11th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Holy ****, this is reaching epic level unintentional comedy.

It isn't meant to be though. If mr used car salesman would shut his mouth, no response would be needed. His team is barely having a winning record against WCU since 2000 yet he acts as if they are a perennial playoff team with a winning record. They are not. Case closed.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 11th, 2015, 04:02 PM
It isn't meant to be though. If mr used car salesman would shut his mouth, no response would be needed. His team is barely having a winning record against WCU since 2000 yet he acts as if they are a perennial playoff team with a winning record. They are not. Case closed.

So which one is you?

http://mizbala.com/_uploads/images/2008/10/midget-fight.jpg

PAllen
February 11th, 2015, 09:58 PM

So, with the extra 200K, does NDSU offer up FBS type money to attract a UNH type team?

dewey
February 11th, 2015, 10:13 PM
So, with the extra 200K, does NDSU offer up FBS type money to attract a UNH type team?

In 2013 Montana State bought their way out of a whooping but other schools knew that NDSU had more money than normal and thus asked for more money for a game. If I remember correctly then AD Gene Taylor even said that in some interviews.

See the NDSU Media Blog for more information.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91974

It’s also possible that NDSU goes with just a straight up game, but those have proved to be pricey in recent years. A look at what the Bison have paid to get games:

2012 – Prairie View A&M – $250 K
2013 – Ferris State – $180 K
2013 – Delaware State – $200 K
2014 – Incarnate Word – $190 K

NDSU fans will remember the 2013 dates came in*the*wake of two scheduling woes; first the Delaware State game was scheduled after WCU moved out and Ferris State had to come in*after*the Montana State fiasco. Now NDSU has 200K to throw at someone from the Western*buyout, I’m curious though where NDSU goes with this.

- See more at: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91974#sthash.7FG1CVJB.dpuf

Dewey

Mattymc727
February 12th, 2015, 06:28 AM
The only time I can recall UNH taking a long distance OOC game over an FBS game was way back in 2005 when UNH went to UC Davis. The odds are pretty slim UNH would even consider it, even if NDSU was looking UNH's way.

If it were a H/H, then UNH would probably consider, but why take 200k from NDSU when you can take 750K from any lowly FBS team that we probably have a better shot at beating in all honesty.

tenNesseeCat
February 12th, 2015, 07:35 AM
The only time I can recall UNH taking a long distance OOC game over an FBS game was way back in 2005 when UNH went to UC Davis. The odds are pretty slim UNH would even consider it, even if NDSU was looking UNH's way.

If it were a H/H, then UNH would probably consider, but why take 200k from NDSU when you can take 750K from any lowly FBS team that we probably have a better shot at beating in all honesty.

What lowly FBS team is paying that kinda money? USF was pretty lowly, we had a shot at beating them, but they only paid a paltry 425K. Texas A&M is around 600K I believe, and UT is like 450K for this coming year.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 08:01 AM
anybody else get bought out this much? I'm wondering. It seems like every couple years we have to do this.

Mattymc727
February 12th, 2015, 08:03 AM
What lowly FBS team is paying that kinda money? USF was pretty lowly, we had a shot at beating them, but they only paid a paltry 425K. Texas A&M is around 600K I believe, and UT is like 450K for this coming year.

yeah im not sure on the payouts UNH gets. Perhaps 750 is too high. But its more than 200k.

clenz
February 12th, 2015, 08:19 AM
anybody else get bought out this much? I'm wondering. It seems like every couple years we have to do this.
Every couple years?

It's happened to UNI 3 times since 2010

Once happened in mid-March leading into the season

chattownmocs
February 12th, 2015, 08:25 AM
So is NDSU to "good" to do a home-and-home with a non historic power or not? Personally based on geography I'd think Chattanooga, based on location alone, should demand 2 games at Finley for 1 at NDSU. But maybe NDSU feels like they are bigget than the sport and would rather play the scrubs they usually play in OOC fcs. Or maybe they are scared to lose.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 08:26 AM
So is NDSU to "good" to do a home-and-home with a non historic power or not? Personally based on geography I'd think Chattanooga, based on location alone, should demand 2 games at Finley for 1 at NDSU. But maybe NDSU feels like they are bigget than the sport and would rather play the scrubs they usually play in OOC fcs. Or maybe they are scared to lose.

Not bigger than the sport, just bigger than you.

chattownmocs
February 12th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Not bigger than the sport, just bigger than you.

I don't know man. You guys are the greatest dynasty in fcs history, but nothing lasts forever. Chattanooga may not win 4 in a row, but our time is coming.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I don't know man. You guys are the greatest dynasty in fcs history, but nothing lasts forever. Chattanooga may not win 4 in a row, but our time is coming.

You can have as much hope as you want for your team but stop trying to draw some sort of equivalency between NDSU and Chatty, they are worlds apart.

chattownmocs
February 12th, 2015, 08:41 AM
You can have as much hope as you want for your team but stop trying to draw some sort of equivalency between NDSU and Chatty, they are worlds apart.

Equivalency? Chattanooga is legit bruh. I don't care about equivalency. You can claim beat down all day but this would be a legit series If it was made. Stop hating on chattanooga.

TheKingpin28
February 12th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Equivalency? Chattanooga is legit bruh. I don't care about equivalency. You can claim beat down all day but this would be a legit series If it was made. Stop hating on chattanooga.

So why don't you convince your AD to schedule 1 game at NDSU? The school of the north wanted to play is so bad that in order for them to play the Bison was giving 2 home games to get the series going again. I'm sure the Mocs are better than the school of the north so why not just do 1 game and go from there?

kdinva
February 12th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I'm sure the Mocs are better than the school of the north so why not just do 1 game and go from there?

do one neutral site game, like in St. Louis's dome.........xhandshakex

chattownmocs
February 12th, 2015, 09:09 AM
So why don't you convince your AD to schedule 1 game at NDSU? The school of the north wanted to play is so bad that in order for them to play the Bison was giving 2 home games to get the series going again. I'm sure the Mocs are better than the school of the north so why not just do 1 game and go from there?

Because we are in chattanooga tennessee, they are in north dakota

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Doesn't have to be Chatty, someone will come to us. They always do.

Lehigh'98
February 12th, 2015, 09:15 AM

You guys sound like 9th grade girls not saying North Dakota. They really seem to be under your skin.

344Johnson
February 12th, 2015, 10:44 AM
You guys sound like 9th grade girls not saying North Dakota. They really seem to be under your skin.

Mucho butthurt between Moo U and the mighty flagship.

catamount man
February 12th, 2015, 11:52 AM
In WCU's defense, and as some have previously stated, this was a blunder move by a former AD and the game should've never been signed to begin with. If you can't pay, cats don't play. "All about the benjies" and it's starting to pay off. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 12:03 PM
In WCU's defense, and as some have previously stated, this was a blunder move by a former AD and the game should've never been signed to begin with. If you can't pay, cats don't play. "All about the benjies" and it's starting to pay off. :D

You would have been paid in 2013 and on College Gameday. Not a bad tradeoff.

thebootfitter
February 12th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Whatever do you mean by this?

Tennessee is not traditional recruiting territory for NDSU. It is nowhere near North Dakota. What possible advantage does geography add to the equation? Once again, I am confused by your thought process. Please help me understand.

TennBison
February 12th, 2015, 03:04 PM

Yeah because we all can see that those conference championships, playoff appearances, and national championships are just rolling in.

TennBison
February 12th, 2015, 03:29 PM

NDSU is in the drivers seat right now, so if you want to play them you need to do what they want or are willing to do. How does that OOC game against Tenn help you, you got paid the be their whipping boy. You jump up and down wanting people to notice your OOC schedule, but you lost most of them and it did nothing for your team and made it so you had to travel during the playoffs. NDSU has a plan when they play FBS schools in OOC, 1) we get paid for the FBS games and it's a team we have a reasonable chance to beat, or, 2) you come to our house and we sell it out and have a great time tailgating, and have another home win. Or maybe the most impressive aspect of the NDSU seasons isn't the OOC games, but how about our playoff games. NDSU has not lost an OOC or playoff game the last 4 years, maybe your team should learn from that and take note. If you think those teams are scrubs, yep, some are, but there is a reason for it, we have trouble getting better FCS schools to want to come to Fargo to play NDSU because they know they were going to get beat and that loss would look worse than losing to a FBS school in OOC, so they shy away. Funny how FCS teams that play Tenn or any other SEC school have no problem with not asking for a home and away setup with them, but act amazed that NDSU wants to play every OOC it can at the Fargodome. The Bison have earned the right to ask for and expect that if they want to.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 03:50 PM
NDSU is in the drivers seat right now, so if you want to play them you need to do what they want or are willing to do. How does that OOC game against Tenn help you, you got paid the be their whipping boy. You jump up and down wanting people to notice your OOC schedule, but you lost most of them and it did nothing for your team and made it so you had to travel during the playoffs. NDSU has a plan when they play FBS schools in OOC, 1) we get paid for the FBS games and it's a team we have a reasonable chance to beat, or, 2) you come to our house and we sell it out and have a great time tailgating, and have another home win. Or maybe the most impressive aspect of the NDSU seasons isn't the OOC games, but how about our playoff games. NDSU has not lost an OOC or playoff game the last 4 years, maybe your team should learn from that and take note. If you think those teams are scrubs, yep, some are, but there is a reason for it, we have trouble getting better FCS schools to want to come to Fargo to play NDSU because they know they were going to get beat and that loss would look worse than losing to a FBS school in OOC, so they shy away. Funny how FCS teams that play Tenn or any other SEC school have no problem with not asking for a home and away setup with them, but act amazed that NDSU wants to play every OOC it can at the Fargodome. The Bison have earned the right to ask for and expect that if they want to.

There's a formula for scheduling priority:

6 Home games
FBS game
H/H with a regional partner if necessary

344Johnson
February 12th, 2015, 05:24 PM

Did you compare NDSU to an SEC school at the end????

catamount man
February 12th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Yeah because we all can see that those conference championships, playoff appearances, and national championships are just rolling in.
baby steps bro, baby steps. you guys sucked at some point in the past.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 05:29 PM

Yeah. Like from 1894-1963 was up and down. Been pretty awesome since then.

344Johnson
February 12th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah. Like from 1894-1963 was up and down. Been pretty awesome since then.

So.... Less than half of NDSU's history has been good? I kid.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2015, 08:03 PM
So.... Less than half of NDSU's history has been good? I kid.

No you don't. Seriously though more like 70%

only 34 losing seasons out of 120. That's 86 seasons at .500 or above. The 40's and 50's kind of killed them.

dewey
February 13th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Here is some information on the Western Carolina buyout from the NDSU Media Blog.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91979

It would be nice if 2 or 3 or more FCS schools got into an agreement about OOC scheduling. I am thinking about something like all teams get thrown into a hat, so to speak, and then teams are lined up. I guess the hard part would be schools trying to get a certain number of home games plus other contract obligations.

Dewey

The Cats
February 13th, 2015, 10:51 AM

Good Lord man, the Cats went from 2-10 to 7-5 in one season.

As he said, it's starting to pay off, he didn't say a damn thing about conference championships, playoff appearances or national championships. It must be nice to sit on your high horse and look down on everybody else.

Enjoy it while you can, it doesn't last forever, just ask the Appy State fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 13th, 2015, 11:10 AM

As he said, it's starting to pay off, he didn't say a damn thing about conference championships, playoff appearances or national championships. It must be nice to sit on your high horse and look down on everybody else.

To compare NDSU to App State is silly. There's a reason we'll have to get a new championship banner soon.

Bisonator
February 13th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Let's get this thread back on track.

So does the College of Faith have the first weekend in 2016 open? xlolx

TennBison
February 13th, 2015, 12:01 PM

One season here and there, otherwise the last time period NDSU was horrible was back in the 1950's. Since that time NDSU has had 5 seasons in 65 years with more than 4 losses.

TennBison
February 13th, 2015, 12:06 PM

So your a big fan of those moral victories, that is good, that way every season even if it is a losing one can be a success. 7-5 is not a big deal at all in that conference.

chattownmocs
February 13th, 2015, 01:18 PM

I wish we wanted to play NDSU. I don't think we do and I doubt it is because we think we would lose. NDSU is the best program in the country. No question. But their formula is not available for everyone. Chattanooga doesn't have the money to do anything except what they have done. But make no mistake, Chattanooga is happy with their program and there are tangible signs that their plan will pay off. We are never going to be the most popular team in the state or region. We can be a factor at our level. We have a good team and our program is getting better and better. We have advantages over some of our counterparts but we don't have the finances that other programs have. We are doing the best we can. I give NDSU a hard time because they are the best. NDSU fans can't give an inch about anything. You play home and homes because its college football and that's what happens in college football. It doesn't have to be for some great reward.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 13th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I wish we wanted to play NDSU. I don't think we do and I doubt it is because we think we would lose. NDSU is the best program in the country. No question. But their formula is not available for everyone. Chattanooga doesn't have the money to do anything except what they have done. But make no mistake, Chattanooga is happy with their program and there are tangible signs that their plan will pay off. We are never going to be the most popular team in the state or region. We can be a factor at our level. We have a good team and our program is getting better and better. We have advantages over some of our counterparts but we don't have the finances that other programs have. We are doing the best we can. I give NDSU a hard time because they are the best. NDSU fans can't give an inch about anything. You play home and homes because its college football and that's what happens in college football. It doesn't have to be for some great reward.

Our scheduling philosophy is to do only that which is to our advantage. Our AD is paid by the university to do that which the university wants.

chattownmocs
February 13th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Our scheduling philosophy is to do only that which is to our advantage. Our AD is paid by the university to do that which the university wants.

Your AD is paid to run the athletic department because the "unoversity" does not have the expertise to do so. Its easy to say that doing something a certain way "works" when it has worked. Maybe it won't always work. Maybe there will be a season when NDSU does not win their FBS game and doesn't earn a top 2 seed. Maybe it will have been a benefit to make a long trip or to play in an unfamiliar enviroment.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 13th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Your AD is paid to run the athletic department because the "unoversity" does not have the expertise to do so. Its easy to say that doing something a certain way "works" when it has worked. Maybe it won't always work. Maybe there will be a season when NDSU does not win their FBS game and doesn't earn a top 2 seed. Maybe it will have been a benefit to make a long trip or to play in an unfamiliar enviroment.

The main scheduling priority will always be 6 home games on the schedule. FBS games are going to be hard to come by now but for a H/H, it will always be with regional partners or national powers, like EWU and Montana.

catamount man
February 13th, 2015, 01:49 PM

Yep and WCU's AD has done that by cancelling the game in Fargo. Again, it was a bone headed move by our previous AD, especially considering you guys weren't gonna make the return trip to WCU. I don't have any grudge against the Bison. You are guys are the FCS kings. I hope someday WCU can have that position. Good luck. GO CATS!

Bisonoline
February 13th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Yep and WCU's AD has done that by cancelling the game in Fargo. Again, it was a bone headed move by our previous AD, especially considering you guys weren't gonna make the return trip to WCU. I don't have any grudge against the Bison. You are guys are the FCS kings. I hope someday WCU can have that position. Good luck. GO CATS!

What makes you think NDSU wouldn't honor the return trip?

gumby013
February 13th, 2015, 09:16 PM

There was no return trip. One game only for cash.

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 13th, 2015, 10:21 PM
There was NO return trip. It was only one game at NDSU.

Bisonoline
February 13th, 2015, 10:58 PM
There was no return trip. One game only for cash.

Considering those facts I can see why that grizz dude gave him crap all the time.

gumby013
February 14th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Fresh from the Fargo Forum! New pizza chain coming to town!

http://www.inforum.com/business/inside-business/3678576-toppers-pizza-looks-expand-fargo

dewey
February 14th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Again, it was a bone headed move by our previous AD, especially considering you guys weren't gonna make the return trip to WCU.

The contract was only for one game in Fargo with no return game. You know that right?

Dewey

BisonFan02
February 14th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Fresh from the Fargo Forum! New pizza chain coming to town!

http://www.inforum.com/business/inside-business/3678576-toppers-pizza-looks-expand-fargo

Oh dear god no.........not that garbage.

NDSUSR
February 14th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Oh dear god no.........not that garbage.

No kidding. Why cant we get a decent Chicago style place that delivers instead.

BisonFan02
February 14th, 2015, 03:16 PM
No kidding. Why cant we get a decent Chicago style place that delivers instead.

You lost me at "decent" and "Chicago style"....your post is invalid. :D. NY style or GTFO. xlolx

catamount man
February 14th, 2015, 06:04 PM
The contract was only for one game in Fargo with no return game. You know that right?

Dewey

YES!!!!!!!! I KNOW THIS!!! THAT IS WHY I WAS REITERATING THAT OUR FORMER AD MADE A BONE HEADED MOVE ONCE IT WAS DETERMINED IT WASN'T GONNA BE HOME AND HOME!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
February 14th, 2015, 06:13 PM
YES!!!!!!!! I KNOW THIS!!! THAT IS WHY I WAS REITERATING THAT OUR FORMER AD MADE A BONE HEADED MOVE ONCE IT WAS DETERMINED IT WASN'T GONNA BE HOME AND HOME!!!!

You're not really H/H material.

catamount man
February 14th, 2015, 07:01 PM
man, whatever. **** yall. bordering on ****ing arrogance. you win, congrats. big ****ing deal.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 14th, 2015, 07:27 PM
man, whatever. **** yall. bordering on ****ing arrogance. you win, congrats. big ****ing deal.

Sorry bro, it's just reality. There are maybe 20 teams in FCS that NDSU will consider a H/H with. The SWAC, MEAC, Patriot, Pioneer, and now pretty much all the SoCon are paycheck games.

344Johnson
February 14th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Sorry bro, it's just reality. There are maybe 20 teams in FCS that NDSU will consider a H/H with. The SWAC, MEAC, Patriot, Pioneer, and now pretty much all the SoCon are paycheck games.

...NDSU is willing to H/H with Weber... I'll guess it's more than 20 teams they are willing to do that for.

clenz
February 14th, 2015, 08:08 PM
...NDSU is willing to H/H with Weber... I'll guess it's more than 20 teams they are willing to do that for.
Anyone is H/H material but is there a good H/H fit?

NDSU can sell recruiting the area between Fargo and SLC with recruits. Does NDSU recruit Kentucky and Carolina?

It's why UNI really only does H/H with Big Sky or SLC teams.

Scheduling is FAR more nuanced than "hey, we share an open date let's make it work" in 99.9 percent of games

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 15th, 2015, 07:58 AM

Probably not many over 20. WC was a cupcake game....Bison have plenty of time to find another.

Twentysix
February 20th, 2015, 12:40 PM
You're not really H/H material.

Agreed, if we were going to do a SC H/H it would be with CCU not WCU/Furman/Wofford at least not in any of those programs current state.

If S Carolina offered some kind of recruiting advantage, then it could really be either.

Professor Chaos
February 20th, 2015, 01:41 PM
So I'll play devil's advocate here.

If recruiting plays such a big role in scheduling H/Hs why would anyone schedule a H/H with NDSU? North Dakota sure ain't a D1 recruiting hotbed and any FCS school is going to have a beast of a time beating out NDSU for the top kids in the state that don't go FBS.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2015, 02:49 PM

If recruiting plays such a big role in scheduling H/Hs why would anyone schedule a H/H with NDSU? North Dakota sure ain't a D1 recruiting hotbed and any FCS school is going to have a beast of a time beating out NDSU for the top kids in the state that don't go FBS.

Ask EWU, they want tough competition.

Bisonator
February 20th, 2015, 02:57 PM

Other schools can tell recruits they will get to play the 4 time champs! :D

FargoBison
February 20th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Anyone is H/H material but is there a good H/H fit?

NDSU can sell recruiting the area between Fargo and SLC with recruits. Does NDSU recruit Kentucky and Carolina?

It's why UNI really only does H/H with Big Sky or SLC teams.

Scheduling is FAR more nuanced than "hey, we share an open date let's make it work" in 99.9 percent of games

SLC and Big Sky are preferred schools as well, those are areas we recruit outside of the footprint(well AZ, TX and CA mainly). I would toss Florida in there but there are no FCS schools in Florida that are worth a damn.

Twentysix
February 21st, 2015, 12:38 AM

If the H/H doesn't offer SOS or history then it should offer something else. No matter who we play the Fargodome will be sold out. To give up a home game in a certain year it needs to pay dividends. Some schools that suck offer decent recruiting advantages.

Furman/Wofford/WCU could be H&H's but it needs to be scheduled when they provide some confidence of improving our SOS.

NDSU is a good H/H because we improve the f@#$ out of whoever's SOS.

walliver
February 24th, 2015, 11:23 AM
NDSU scheduling will be difficult due to geography. NDSU can't pay what the P5 pay for money games. And home-and-home series with distant teams may be attractive to fans, but will likely be nixed by the bean counters in the athletic departments due to travel expenses.

The WCU game never made any sense to me. WCU could make a lot more money, and get a lot more publicity from playing an ACC or SEC team. The Cants are not going to actively recruit North Dakota or attract a lot of prospective students from North Dakota (the 47th most populous state in the union). That being said, I doubt I would have cancelled the game either. Buying out of the game would eat of much of the profit from any ACC/SEC money game and a home game against Mars Hill or Tusculum won't fill the stands or coffers either.

thebootfitter
February 24th, 2015, 01:50 PM
... And home-and-home series with distant teams may be attractive to fans, but will likely be nixed by the bean counters in the athletic departments due to travel expenses.
That depends. In comparison to a bus ride -- absolutely, there is a difference. But if you're going to get on an airplane to anywhere, a far-distant team doesn't really add a lot of cost compared to a short plane ride. Most of the fuel costs are burned up on take-off and landing.