PDA

View Full Version : Time for my first 24 Hours of Booty solicitation of 2015

FormerPokeCenter
February 3rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
This is my 6th year to do the 24 Hours of Booty, and - hopefully - my fourth year to raise money on AGS.

The donations here have been pretty amazing...

I'll have to go back and re-calculate, but off the top of my head, I think AGS has raised nearly $8k in the fight against cancer in the last three years.

That's pretty impressive, especially considering how frequently I'm an asshole in some of the more contentious threads! ;)

In all seriousness, that's a testament to you guys, who are willing to overlook MY flaws in your decisions to support a great cause!

I'm taking a more relaxed approach this year, but just because I'm slacking a little, it doesn't mean that cancer is. There's still work to be done and I'd appreciate any support you guys are willing to provide this year!

http://hob24.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1311727&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

BEAR
February 3rd, 2015, 12:43 PM
FPC got the booty run again! Nice!

Time for AGS to support this again!

FPC... we'll call you the cancer of AGS.... xthumbsupx

No wait, I meant cancer fighter of AGS... xnodx

In memory of my buddy AJ, I will be making another donation.

Step up AGS!

Edit: Just put in my FIRST donation for this year! More on the way! I miss that dude. Damn cancer. xsmhx

FormerPokeCenter
February 3rd, 2015, 01:02 PM
UCABear, Thank you! You're the FIRST donor of the year to the cause! Awesomeness!

I really appreciated the continued support! You ROCK!

BEAR
February 9th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Bump... you can still donate and get a tax write off!

TheRevSFA
February 28th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Bump.

FormerPokeCenter
February 28th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Huge Thanks to TheREV for his abso-****ing-lutely fantastic donation to the 24 Hours of Booty!

The Rev's donation ties him at the top of the donation heap this year as my largest individual donor.

The Rev's support over the last four years has been freakin amazing....he's the guy that really got the AGS fundraising kicked off!

Dustin, thank you for the incredible commitment to the cause! you ROCK!

BEAR
February 28th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Shared on facebook. Everyone should do that! xdrunkyx

MSUBobcat
March 4th, 2015, 11:59 AM
First donation made. Thank you for continuing to do your part and mine in the fight against this terrible disease. I donate in honor of my aunt, Kathy, a rabid Cornhusker fan in Lincoln, who has far surpassed the time her doctors gave her and is still fighting very hard. I hope to make more donations throughout the year, but while low oil and gas prices make most people happy, it has a very negative affect on my employment status, so I'm waiting to see how it plays out.

FormerPokeCenter
March 4th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Ryan, thanks for the amazing support, here, on Facebook and through your great donations!

You absolutely ROCK!

I'm honored to ride again for your Aunt Kathy!

Bisonoline
March 4th, 2015, 03:29 PM
This is my 6th year to do the 24 Hours of Booty, and - hopefully - my fourth year to raise money on AGS.

I'll have to go back and re-calculate, but off the top of my head, I think AGS has raised nearly $8k in the fight against cancer in the last three years.

That's pretty impressive, especially considering how frequently I'm an asshole in some of the more contentious threads! ;)

In all seriousness, that's a testament to you guys, who are willing to overlook MY flaws in your decisions to support a great cause!

I'm taking a more relaxed approach this year, but just because I'm slacking a little, it doesn't mean that cancer is. There's still work to be done and I'd appreciate any support you guys are willing to provide this year!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1185201&pg=personal&fr_id=1311

What name do I use?

FormerPokeCenter
March 4th, 2015, 03:43 PM
There's a place for a recognition name... if you want to honor somebody and there's a place for a note, if you want to use your AGS name...or use the AGS name in the recognition name....that's what a lot of folks do...

If there's someobody you'd like for me to ride for, please let me know!

Bisonoline
March 4th, 2015, 03:51 PM
There's a place for a recognition name... if you want to honor somebody and there's a place for a note, if you want to use your AGS name...or use the AGS name in the recognition name....that's what a lot of folks do...

If there's someobody you'd like for me to ride for, please let me know!

How do I make sure you get credit for the donation?

FormerPokeCenter
March 4th, 2015, 05:01 PM
How do I make sure you get credit for the donation?

That link takes you to my donation page! If you click the "Support Jay" button, it automatically gets tallied to my campaign!

However....I should probably divulge that this year I'm doing something a little different....

Booty pulled the plug on the Atlanta ride after looking at the numbers. They're committed to responsible fundraising so ridership in ATL declined for the last couple of years and Booty was worried about keeping their Charity Navigator rating and the ratio of funds raised to expenses at CN acceptable levels, so they had to drop the ride....

So, we've all been rolled into the Charlotte ride...they're still going to keep track of who raises what and do awards and that, but I've been on the podium 8 times in the last four years (Individual, team and highest team average awards) so with this being the last one for Atlanta, I've taken myself out of the individual competition and I'm asking Booty to slide the donations over to the fundraising efforts for Shay Hamer, who was the Newcomer of the Year last year in Atlanta.

Shay battled cancer for seven years, lost a leg, but remained resolute in her fight. She even rode some laps in ATL this past year with her prosthetic leg, but her fight worsened right after the October event and she lost her fight on December 26th...

She leaves behind husband and a 10 year old son, Aiden, so her friends and family are trying to raise money to get her on the podium this year. Giordana Sports has donated bicycles to be used as prizes for the top fundraisers in each city, so Shay's family is trying very hard to win the bike for her son. It's a great bike, it's a Pinarello FP Due...carbon fiber, etc....

SO....I'm standing down, and the guy who's finished ahead of me for the last four years is standing down...we're both going to contine to fundraise, but we're sliding those donations over to Shay's posthumous efforts...With us out of the way, it opens slots for other folks who've done the ride since it started to make it onto the podium and have something to remember the event by...

Since we're riding in Charlotte this year, there's a chance Shay may be able to make it on the podium there, too..

Her team took the event by storm last year..Here's their promotional video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnbCMKL0tcw.

I was hopeful that their presence would keep Booty in ATL for the foreseeable future....but the numbers just weren't there....

The good news, is that New Orleans will probably be the next Booty city if everything falls right. If it comes to New Orleans, I'm going all in! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
May 5th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Huge Props and condolences to MSUBobcat. His Aunt lost her five-year battle with cancer over the weekend, prompting Ryan to make yet a second donation to the ride in as many months.

He's donated serially to the ride, in multiple years with multiple donations each year. I'm both honore and humbled to be riding for MSUBobcat's Aunt again this year.

Ryan, thank you for the fantastic support. I'm absolutely amazed that, in this difficult time, you'd choose to use the ride as one of your ways to honor the good fight that your Aunt fought.

It's truly an honor and a privilege to ride for your Aunt this year.

Thank you for that!

You seriously ROCK.

FormerPokeCenter
May 31st, 2015, 04:08 PM
Major Props to that loveable curmudgeon, AlphaGriz1, who hit me with a fantastic donation to the 24 Hours of Booty yet again...

Beneath that gruff exterior lies a heart o' gold! ;)

AG1, dude, you ROCK!

FormerPokeCenter
June 1st, 2015, 09:45 AM
Thanks to Northwestern State fan extraordinaire, Houston Demon, who is the most prolific donor to the ride. Mike and I used to cross swords fairly frequently on GeauxCowboys and ForkEmDemons, on the old interconnected SLC Delphi boards. In fact, I doubt there was anybody that Mike liked to trade barbs with more than me...

The first year I started this, in 2010, the ride fell on the same date as the McNeese/Northwestern grudge match. So, I put out a challenge that I'd wear a Northwestern shirt for a portion of the ride AND I'd stop using my favorite pejorative for the Demons if they donated a certain amount. They did, so I had to put on a freakin Demon shirt for part of the ride.

The next year, we doubled their goal, and they hit it. The following year, they raised enough money to buy back my favorite pejorative word in perpetuity. And, remarkably, I've been able to keep my promise and not use THAT particular insult for them!

In all seriousness, I think pretty highly of the Demons now...They're my second favorite SLC team...

Mike and I haven't had a cross word online in about six years now, LOL, and he's turned into the most prolific donor to the ride, often donating four or five times a year, as Cancer's hit his family pretty hard.

Mike, thanks for your absolutely fantastic support! You rock.

Fork Em!

Oh, and for grins, here's a pic from that first year.....While I did promise that I'd wear the Demon shirt on the ride, I NEVER said it would be on top!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20781&stc=1

Just kidding.....here's the actual payoff on the challenge....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20782&stc=1

FormerPokeCenter
June 1st, 2015, 09:53 AM
It's old home week! Thanks to McNeese75, another of the original Cowboy donors who answered my very first call for donations on GeauxCowboys.com six years ago. Dale's another guy who's supported the ride in a big way each and every year I've done it, and, he's another guy who's often hit me with more than one donation in the same year.

75's a die hard Cowboy fan, as most of the folks who interact with him on AGS already know.

Dale, thank you so much for the fantastic continued support for the ride. You and Houston Demon are like stakeholders in this endeavor and without you guys none of this would have been possible...

You ROCK! Geaux Cowboys!

FormerPokeCenter
June 1st, 2015, 10:05 AM
It's time to mark a pretty significant fundraising milestone. In 2010, I got the notion to get involved in a cancer charity ride in honor of my friend, Ann Hartline, who had been battling breast cancer for a number of years, but had been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor.

I reached out to a HS friend who I knew rode a lot. My riding was basically hit or miss and a 20 mile ride was about the longest I'd ever been. This guy, Billy Craddock, rode 40 and 50 miles a day as part of his normal training...

I explained that it was a 24 Hour ride, and immediately, he said he was in. I explained that it was in Atlanta, and again, he simply said, "I'm in."....and then I pointed out that we had to pay an entry fee, raise money and that there was a minimum amount we had to raise in order to be able to ride...

Again his answer was the same: "I'm in"...

When I asked him how he was able to answer so quickly, he said, "You had me at LiveSTRONG."....

What I didn't know was that he had battled prostate cancer and had received his diagnosis two years before the ride, on 10/2, LiveSTRONG Day. He'd registered with LS, and the support and information they provided were pretty awesome and he'd been looking for a way to give back.

So...that first year, we recruited two other guys who rode and ventured over to Atlanta. We didn't know anything about fundraising, but Billy finished 9th overall with about $1,800 raised, and I was a few dollars back at 11th. We hung out after the ride and struck up a conversation with the founder, Spencer Leuders, who took about an hour or so and told us about how the event got started, what his plans for the future were and how the money got spent.

From that point, I was hooked. Billy's the assistant chief of police in our home town and can't always get away, but he's ridden the ATL ride with me four of the six times I've done it and he's always finished in the top six.

Together, we've raised more than $50,000.00, thanks in no small part to you guys. I can remember being nervous as hell and not knowing how I was gonna raise the minimum to be able to ride....

The other really cool thing about Billy Craddock is that he's McNeese72's brother-in-law, which was a fact I didn't know until right before the first ride. McNeese72 and his wife have been incredible supporters of the ride every year. Doc usually hits me with a donation, and his wife hits her brother, Billy!

That's pretty awesome support...

But after hitting $50K since we started this, a figure that's exceeded my wildest expectations, I figured I'd thank you guys for the amazing support to help us get there!

Now it's on to $100K! ;)

FormerPokeCenter
June 3rd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Wow....Thanks to AZGrizFan for an absolutely amazing donation to the 24 Hours of Booty! This is Thomas's fourth consecutive year to donate to the cause. He's been on board ever since TheRev's first AGS challenge.

This donation was pretty cool. It ties him and The Rev for the largest individual donation of the year..

Thomas, thank you so much for the continued fantastic support!

You ROCK!

SU DOG
July 14th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Better late than never? Just donated, but wish I could do more. I will NEVER forget the honor you bestowed on one of our Samford Football Players-that was so awesome!! Good Luck and may God Bless.

FormerPokeCenter
July 14th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Lynn, thank you SO much for the great donation! I really appreciate the support and seriously, the honor was all mine. I'm forever in your debt for setting all that up. That's been one of the coolest highlights of the whole experience with LiveSTRONG and the 24 Hours of Booty. The Beasleys are fantastic people and I really enjoyed getting to meet them!

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1375819_10151744500508406_863737960_n.jpg?oh=f4c89 ba7f46db77f6cd1c5a068ec3f45&oe=561FB129

Here's a shot of Former LiveSTRONG CEO rocking Perry's jersey!
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1379992_10151769966988406_1384707202_n.jpg?oh=536e b335f2200d4c6d08b314b0c212bd&oe=56261030

Bisonoline
July 14th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Give me the link to your page again.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2015, 05:08 PM

http://hob24.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1311727&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

Bisonoline, it's in the first post so I quoted it to bring it forward for you and anyone else that would like to pitch a little something in.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2015, 05:09 PM
xlolx

It's in his siggy too I just noticed. Man, we are observant mofo's ain't we?

BEAR
July 14th, 2015, 05:42 PM
What's the link to donate ? The first one on page one isn't working!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2015, 05:45 PM
xlolx

It's in his siggy too I just noticed. Man, we are observant mofo's ain't we?

What's the link to donate ? The first one on page one isn't working!

FPC, the first link that I quoted from your first post is indeed dead.

Here is the one in his siggy that I just mentioned as well.

http://hob24.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1185201&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

BEAR
July 14th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Thanks! I will use that one then!

FormerPokeCenter
July 14th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Well, crap. The one in the first page was from the ATL Ride...we shut that down and opened the one in Charlotte....which is here:....http://hob24.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1311727&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Well, crap. The one in the first page was from the ATL Ride...we shut that down and opened the one in Charlotte....which is here:....http://hob24.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1311727&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

I'll go edit the other posts.

BEAR
July 14th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I'm also gonna share your page with my friends on Facebook. Our recent loss might motivate them...sadly.

TheRevSFA
July 14th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I'm also gonna share your page with my friends on Facebook. Our recent loss might motivate them...sadly.

Sorry Bear

BEAR
July 14th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Sorry Bear

Thanks man. That's three in 5 years. This gotta stop.

FormerPokeCenter
July 14th, 2015, 07:52 PM
UCABear, man, thank you for the fantastic support. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm kinda blown away that you're supporting the ride as one of the ways to honor your friends. I'm humbled and honored to ride for Brother Jim, A.J. and Wendy.

Thank you again for the tremendous support....

Bisonoline
July 14th, 2015, 10:59 PM
I donated but it said it was for-----Claire Pip Cullipher??????

FormerPokeCenter
July 14th, 2015, 11:13 PM
LOL! Awesomeness! Check the other thread.....She was stuck just a few dollars away from where she needed to be...

So I'd made a post to her FB wall, asking some of her friends to step up. I guess I still had the link in my ClipBoard...anyway...it all ends up in the same place.

I posted pics on the other thread! That actually helps her get over the hump! She'll get a kick out of that!

I really appreciate the donation! I'm sure she will too!

You ROCK!