PDA

View Full Version : PC's Tommy Spangler to WCU?

Coastal89
November 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Western Carolina scoop: We hear that Western Carolina had contacted the Presbyterian College AD about Tommy Spangler the head coach at PC
http://www.footballscoop.com/scoop.htm

Anything to this rumor?

http://z9.invisionfree.com/PC_Blue_Hose/index.php?showtopic=98

catamount man
November 16th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I have personally been told that it's nothing more than a rumor, but who knows? I would certainly welcome Spangler in Cullowhee.:hurray:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

IaaScribe
November 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Didn't Briggs sign a contract extension earlier this season?

walliver
November 16th, 2006, 07:43 PM
You could always do like the University of South Carolina: give someone a long term contract and then fire him. At one time they had three or four head coaches on their payroll.

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Last I heard, WCU HAD a head coach. Any self-respecting coach like Spangler wouldn't want to have anything to do with talking to a WCU representative as long as Kent Briggs has the job. You might also like to know that the extention of Briggs' contract was tied to a large donation by a certain alum, so it isn't likely that Briggs is going anywhere. Sounds like nothing more than rumors. The fact that it came from the source that was linked makes it suspicious to me right off the bat. This web site isn't always the most credible.

youwouldno
November 16th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Briggs isn't going anywhere, but that said, WCU is really down in the dumps right now. It's unfortunate.

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Briggs isn't going anywhere, but that said, WCU is really down in the dumps right now. It's unfortunate.
Not for the next three years. People wouldn't believe the mess that the program is in right now. If you think Desperate Housewives has a wild plot line, you ought to hear some of the stuff happening in Cullowhee.

youwouldno
November 16th, 2006, 08:27 PM
It can't get worse, can it???

catamount man
November 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Not for the next three years. People wouldn't believe the mess that the program is in right now. If you think Desperate Housewives has a wild plot line, you ought to hear some of the stuff happening in Cullowhee.

Unfortunately, you're right. We have TONS of problems, both on and off the field. I am anxious to see what the offseason is going to be like. It's sad.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 10:16 PM
It can't get worse, can it???
Outside of going 0-11, instead of the 2-9 they will be after playing Florida on Saturday (yikes!!!), it's about as low as you can go.

catamount man
November 16th, 2006, 10:23 PM
The 0-11 comes in 2007. 1-10 maybe since we are playing Presbyterian, but I'm not gonna count that one as automatic yet.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!