PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lane, of FCS Northwestern State gets an INT...

FormerPokeCenter
February 1st, 2015, 06:12 PM
So far, so good....an FCSer gets an INT...

Catsfan90
February 1st, 2015, 06:24 PM
And subsequently taken out of the game....

BEAR
February 1st, 2015, 08:27 PM
we cant have that........xeyebrowx

DP_ASU
February 1st, 2015, 09:37 PM
Snapped his wrist.

BEAR
February 1st, 2015, 10:11 PM
And a division II kid made the game winning INT... hey scouts, look harder!

MR. CHICKEN
February 1st, 2015, 10:53 PM

20545....GUYS IN BLOCK POOLS.......THROUGHOUT DUH LAND....JUMPIN' OFFAH BRIDGES...SLITTIN' WRISTS......RE-FYIN' DUH MORTGAGE....12th MAN......WANTS O-CO....CANNED....LIKE NORFFWESTERN SALMON.......BRADY SHOOD..GIVE WILSON DUH TRUCK KEY....HE MADE TOM...MVP...WHIFF JES' ONE TOSS...xnodx...BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
February 1st, 2015, 11:08 PM

???

He was there so I think they found him? What am I missing here?

hebmskebm
February 1st, 2015, 11:23 PM
???

Probably meant there could be a lot more like him out there. League isn't exactly crawling with DII guys.

FormerPokeCenter
February 2nd, 2015, 12:08 AM
McNeese's Diontae Spencer, scoring a 4th Quarter, game winning TD against West Alabama star, and 2015 Superbowl Hero Malcom Butler in 2013 at Cowboy Stadium....20546

Cleets
February 2nd, 2015, 12:33 AM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Jeremy_Lane_Arm_Injury_Super_Bowl_49.jpg

BisoNick
February 2nd, 2015, 12:34 AM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/Jeremy_Lane_Arm_Injury_Super_Bowl_49.jpg

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator
February 2nd, 2015, 07:21 AM
RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!

blackbeard
February 2nd, 2015, 08:40 AM
Didn't need to see that. Hate it for him after making the biggest play of his career.

clenz
February 2nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
Didn't need to see that. Hate it for him after making the biggest play of his career.
So you quote it so it shows up again?

Damn, that's cold brother. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 2nd, 2015, 08:51 AM
Holy ****! I hadn't seen the screen grab.

blackbeard
February 2nd, 2015, 09:03 AM

Two years at Hinds CC in Mississippi, two years at Univ of West Alabama - 1st team all conference both years at UWA. Not a complete small college unknown, but also is no where in the Rivals database.....no stars following his name.

Just shows what can be done when you combine talent, dedication and a belief that you can make.

- - - Updated - - -

blackbeard
February 2nd, 2015, 09:05 AM

Got me....didn't mean it like that

344Johnson
February 2nd, 2015, 09:12 AM
That was disgusting.

BEAR
February 2nd, 2015, 09:59 AM
Two years at Hinds CC in Mississippi, two years at Univ of West Alabama - 1st team all conference both years at UWA. Not a complete small college unknown, but also is no where in the Rivals database.....no stars following his name.

Just shows what can be done when you combine talent, dedication and a belief that you can make.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! Hey, my bears were Division II not long ago and I can say there is some serious talent that is being overlooked there. But I get it, they'll find it..just find more of it!

clenz
February 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vdRW72o44M

Too soon?

NoDak 4 Ever
February 2nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Didn't they say he was doubtful when he first went out?

clenz
February 2nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
Didn't they say he was doubtful when he first went out?
"Doubtful for next season...or to keep his hand." is what they meant

Missingnumber7
February 2nd, 2015, 03:11 PM
Does that surpass the broken leg by Kevin Ware for most grusome injury?

NoDak 4 Ever
February 2nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
Does that surpass the broken leg by Kevin Ware for most grusome injury?

Gives Farley a run for his money.

Missingnumber7
February 2nd, 2015, 03:31 PM
Aren't a whole lot of people outside of the IA/ND-MN that saw that one. Kevin Wares was in front of a national audience at the final 4 and this being the superbowl. I don't think its Theisman level, but it definately is close.

clenz
February 2nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
Gives Farley a run for his money.
3rd worst injury I've ever seen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
February 2nd, 2015, 04:42 PM
3rd worst injury I've ever seen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4th if you wouldve seen Grizo fall like a wounded deer on ice. AMIRITE?!?!

Cleets
February 2nd, 2015, 09:07 PM
4th if you wouldve seen Grizo fall like a wounded deer on ice. AMIRITE?!?!

I think we have the Grizo fall right here...

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/b06153cff7/cQyNkQ9KSD2YKqFaVKaK_Michael%20Bay%20Swingset.gif

melloware13
February 2nd, 2015, 09:12 PM
Just looked up the Farley injury. Among fractures that I've seen (either online or on tv), I go Theismann, Ware, Farley, Lane, mainly since the leg injuries naturally can have more complications (clots, etc). However, each of them unfortunately gets blown out of the water by Lattimore's knee dislocation

clenz
February 2nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Just looked up the Farley injury. Among fractures that I've seen (either online or on tv), I go Theismann, Ware, Farley, Lane, mainly since the leg injuries naturally can have more complications (clots, etc). However, each of them unfortunately gets blown out of the water by Lattimore's knee dislocation
The amazing part of the Farley injury? Look at this stat line from this year

124 tackles - lead team by over 20
5.5 TFL
sack
INT
13 PBU/PD
3 QBH
2 FF

How many of them came back from their injuries (Lane yet TBD) and had that kind of production...if any at all?

melloware13
February 2nd, 2015, 09:37 PM
The amazing part of the Farley injury? Look at this stat line from this year

124 tackles - lead team by over 20
5.5 TFL
sack
INT
13 PBU/PD
3 QBH
2 FF

How many of them came back from their injuries (Lane yet TBD) and had that kind of production...if any at all?

Ware is having a decent season for Georgia State, but had to transfer after some issues following his injury. Hopefully Lane has more luck, given that it's his arm.

citdog
February 2nd, 2015, 10:58 PM
Tim Krumri of the Bengals had a nasty knee injury in the Super Bowl.

Bisonoline
February 3rd, 2015, 02:16 AM
Tim Krumri of the Bengals had a nasty knee injury in the Super Bowl.

Oh that was ugly on replay.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 3rd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Sid Vicious of the WCW.

that's what happens when your bones are made mostly of cocaine.

clenz
February 3rd, 2015, 08:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vdRW72o44M

Too soon?
Oh come on...

I don't normally toot my own horn about posts....but how the hell has no one commented on this?

The song is terrible, but you only need to get about 45 seconds into it.

clenz
February 3rd, 2015, 11:35 AM
???

I'd say the scouts are doing a pretty god damn good job...

44 starters in the Super Bowl:
5 Star Recruits - 0
4 Star Recruits- 4
3 and below- 40

Seems like G5/FCS/D2 and lower are so hell bent on their feeling slighted that they completely overlook the facts...much like MVFC posters during the 2013/14 playoffs

BEAR
February 3rd, 2015, 12:28 PM
I'd say the scouts are doing a pretty god damn good job...

44 starters in the Super Bowl:
5 Star Recruits - 0
4 Star Recruits- 4
3 and below- 40

Seems like G5/FCS/D2 and lower are so hell bent on their feeling slighted that they completely overlook the facts...much like MVFC posters during the 2013/14 playoffs

Eh. Seattle has 5 FCS or lower and NE has 2 out of 110 total. I still think there are more to be gotten but as I said you pick a kid from a big school with a large population in and around it and you get more vieweres. Views = ad dollars. I couldn't care less about lower FBS schools. xlolx

clenz
February 3rd, 2015, 12:45 PM
Eh. Seattle has 5 FCS or lower and NE has 2 out of 110 total. I still think there are more to be gotten but as I said you pick a kid from a big school with a large population in and around it and you get more vieweres. Views = ad dollars. I couldn't care less about lower FBS schools. xlolx
Quit with the "woe is the little man" bull****.

By now you should know I'll fight as hard as anyone when it comes to proving the FCS has NFL talent. The fact of the matter is the number of players at the FCS that are legit NFL play makers is 1/50th that of the P5 and still lower than those at the G5 level. They exist. They get seen.

Do players from Alabama get a look before players from West Alabama? You freaking bet, and you'd be damn stupid not to look at Alabama before West Alabama. You don't get an offer from Alabama "just for the hell of it". Many kids that are spot players at Bama would be All Conference players at almost every G5 school in the nation. For reference, Alabama has an OL right now that was a freshman last year from Cedar Falls, IA. The coaches at Iowa wanted him...bad. Iowa is known for throwing out OL after OL to the NFL. They were calling him the best HS OL prospect they'd seen. He could walk on to any FCS campus right now and start but probably won't until his JR year at Alabama.

Does that translate to NFL success? No. Doesn't change the fact that caliber of athlete/player at Alabama is higher than West Alabama.

Let's also not go too overboard saying that because Jeremy Lane had a pick in the Super Bowl or that Malcom Butler made a great play that they are proof the small school guys are overlooked.

You do realize that Jeremy Lane had 13 total tackles all season long and just 53 in his entire career. Oh, and ZERO career picks before that game...right?
You also realize that Malcolm Butler has zero picks in his rookie season before that, right? He had 15 career tackles.

We all want to overreact to things like this but the fact is if you can play the NFL will find you. The number of misses of guys because they went to a small school is very low.

For every Kurt Warner, Bryce Paup, Danny Woodhead there are 1,000 LJ Forts.

BEAR
February 3rd, 2015, 01:01 PM
Woe is nobody. How many of those big FBS school kids pan out? Failure at that level is horrible just like it is at the FCS level. I just enjoy the small school success stories and would love to hear more of them. Maybe if the NFL would cover them in their promo videos and "about" videos the FCS and lower would get more recognition for the talent they do have to offer. Moving on now. I do believe its signing day tomorrow! xdrunkyx

clenz
February 3rd, 2015, 01:14 PM
Woe is nobody. How many of those big FBS school kids pan out? Failure at that level is horrible just like it is at the FCS level. I just enjoy the small school success stories and would love to hear more of them. Maybe if the NFL would cover them in their promo videos and "about" videos the FCS and lower would get more recognition for the talent they do have to offer. Moving on now. I do believe its signing day tomorrow! xdrunkyx
Why would/should the NFL care about the success of the University of Central Arkanas, Northern Iowa, Montana, VMI, etc...?

McNeese72
February 3rd, 2015, 01:58 PM

Here is one of Jay's (FormerPokeCenter) least favorite photos from the McNeese season. Don't click the link, Jay.

This was the end of WR Kent Shelby's year in third game of the season. This was in the beginning of our run of season ending injuries this past season.

http://photos.americanpress.com/vsarkansastech/e1c6c04c2
http://photos.americanpress.com/vsarkansastech/e1c6c04c2

I can't retrieve the photo, only link to it.