View Full Version : Prairie View lands former Gamecock

FYI85
January 23rd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Former Mr. SC as well

bit.ly/shaqroland

smallcollegefbfan
January 23rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
That is a big get from a talent standpoint. His big issue is that he is a straight line guy who isn't much of a route runner. Never has run the route tree very well. He can fly though and should put up dominant numbers in the SWAC, as long as he puts in the work. Roland has 4.4 speed for sure.

Panther88
January 26th, 2015, 01:27 PM
We are sincerely hoping things work out for him while attending "The Hill."

Our only other issues to resolve are A) who's going to pass him the ball? and B) who will block for the passer efficiently and w/out penalties? lol Our new staff has a LOT to build for the future. There is no rebuild. xreadx

3rd Coast Tiger
January 27th, 2015, 01:51 PM
That is a big get from a talent standpoint. His big issue is that he is a straight line guy who isn't much of a route runner. Never has run the route tree very well. He can fly though and should put up dominant numbers in the SWAC, as long as he puts in the work. Roland has 4.4 speed for sure.

Do you know how many SEC, Big XII, etc... players come into the SWAC thinking, assuming or have pundits "assuming" he will come into the SWAC and dominate? There has been more failures than success stories.

No knock on Prairie View by all means but Texas Southern has had it's share just like Southern, Grambling, Jackson State of players dropping down to the SWAC with visions of re-writing the record books but I wish the young man all the success! xthumbsupx

BluBengal07
January 28th, 2015, 10:16 AM
yea, there has been a number of FBS flops in SWAC. lol. it is what it is. but like state, he has to put in the work and earn it.

i wonder how the new PV stadium is going. heard the demo has already started on the current.

GAD
January 30th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Do you know how many SEC, Big XII, etc... players come into the SWAC thinking, assuming or have pundits "assuming" he will come into the SWAC and dominate? There has been more failures than success stories.

No knock on Prairie View by all means but Texas Southern has had it's share just like Southern, Grambling, Jackson State of players dropping down to the SWAC with visions of re-writing the record books but I wish the young man all the success! xthumbsupx
So true I remember when LSU RB Jermaine Sharp transferred to Southern, all of the local media had him listed as the starter saying he would probably rush for 2000 yds...
Long story made short he ended up returning kicks

pvdogteam
January 31st, 2015, 10:34 PM
We are sincerely hoping things work out for him while attending "The Hill."

Our only other issues to resolve are A) who's going to pass him the ball? and B) who will block for the passer efficiently and w/out penalties? lol Our new staff has a LOT to build for the future. There is no rebuild. xreadx

They are going to get him the ball from what I heard :read:

Panther88
February 1st, 2015, 08:43 AM
They are going to get him the ball from what I heard :read:

Clean your email acct. I have GREAT 411 to share xreadx. My younger big cousin gave me freedom to convince his son to stay local to Tx, specifically our alma mater. Mizzou/OkSt/Baylor wants him lol xlolx. DE/OLB. 6'4 232lbs 4.56 40. His dad is 6'9" & played bball @ Minnesota for 1.5 yrs before becoming homesick & royally screwing up academically. The recruiters caught hostility from kinfolk & are now woo'ing D's mother smh. He's a 3*.