PDA

View Full Version : NDSU is North Dakota's Team

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I just had to smile when I read this article from a writer not in Fargo but Wahpeton ND. He writes a nice story about NDSU's 4th consecutive title and ends the article with this little gem...

This isn’t the same team as the previous three national titleholders. But in the end, that is OK, too. The team of 2014-15 may not garner as many national headlines throughout the rest of the country, but for us North Dakotans, NDSU now stands for North Dakota’s team.

Link to the full article.....http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/opinion/editorials/ndsu-short-for-north-dakota-s-team/article_a5382c26-9ea5-11e4-ae56-6be5e83b73a7.html

You will have to answer a question or two on the screen prior to get to the full article.

I just have to chuckle knowing how this comment will sit with the knuckleheads up North in elforko grande. xlolx

Silenoz
January 20th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I just have to chuckle knowing how this comment will sit with the knuckleheads up North in elforko grande. xlolx

Will they even care? From an outsider's perspective, 90% of the attention and vitriol in that "rivalry" is coming from the Bison side...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Will they even care? From an outsider's perspective, 90% of the attention and vitriol in that "rivalry" is coming from the Bison side...

Because there are about 5 UND posters here. This is a football board and nobody cares about UND football.

Correlation does not equal causation.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2015, 05:35 PM

I just referenced an article. Chill.

Model Citizen
January 20th, 2015, 06:06 PM
No way. NDSU needs their nickname ...Buffalo, or Bison, or Bizon...whatever- so people understand there's a second university in North Dakota.

On the other hand, the University of North Dakota doesn't even have a nickname. It's simply North Dakota.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Because there are about 5 UND posters here. This is a football board and nobody cares about UND football.

That may be true but it makes things appear less than good due to the volume of posters from the NDSU side. It's just a volume problem that works in UND's favor in this case cuz it really does appear to come from the NDSU side even though NDSU guys are some of the best posters as well.

SDFS
January 20th, 2015, 07:35 PM
I just had to smile when I read this article from a writer not in Fargo but Wahpeton ND. He writes a nice story about NDSU's 4th consecutive title and ends the article with this little gem...

Link to the full article.....http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/opinion/editorials/ndsu-short-for-north-dakota-s-team/article_a5382c26-9ea5-11e4-ae56-6be5e83b73a7.html

You will have to answer a question or two on the screen prior to get to the full article.

It is an editorial - one person’s opinion - nothing to see here. Nice to hear NDSU won the national championship - congrats - GO SIOUX

Wilson16
January 20th, 2015, 07:41 PM

Bingo. I have two nephews that currently attend UND. They have only attended hockey games during their time on campus and will flat out tell you that the FB program is a joke. BTW? five posters????? Even Darrell gave up posting which should tell you right there nobody cares.

SDFS
January 20th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Bingo. I have two nephews that currently attend UND. They have only attended hockey games during their time on campus and will flat out tell you that the FB program is a joke. BTW? five posters????? Even Darrell gave up posting which should tell you right there nobody cares.

I would say that most UND fans stay away from the on-line boards because of the PMs and other on-line activities of Bison fans. But, you have your first hand accounts of how all UND fans think. So, I must be wrong - silly me..

TheRevSFA
January 20th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Bison fans are dicks. I mean I love y'all, but you truly are dicks. I mean you talk **** about a team you don't even play. You're like texas A&M minus the worship of a collie

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Bison fans are dicks. I mean I love y'all, but you truly are dicks. I mean you talk **** about a team you don't even play. You're like texas A&M minus the worship of a collie

*Ron White voice* Yeah? Well......**** you! :D (We do play them next year xlolx keep the stereotyping to a minumum though...it is a minority that constantly hump that dead horse).

TheRevSFA
January 20th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Maybe you should change your fight song and alma mater to "sioux suck ****" or "_____ suck ****"

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Maybe you should change your fight song and alma mater to "sioux suck ****" or "_____ suck ****"

On the plains of North Dakota....standing there for all to see....lies an old abandoned outhouse.... xlolx

To be fair for some of them too.....pick a major rivalry (SFA and SHSU?)...inject some scandal and stop playing each other. You guys gonna forget each other 10 years later?

NDSUSR
January 20th, 2015, 10:07 PM
UN_ has a football team? Who knew!

Wilson16
January 21st, 2015, 04:11 AM
I would say that most UND fans stay away from the on-line boards because of the PMs and other on-line activities of Bison fans. But, you have your first hand accounts of how all UND fans think. So, I must be wrong - silly me..
First hand from two students that go there. Check out the hockey board and you'll see the same thing. Silly me.

Wilson16
January 21st, 2015, 04:13 AM
A&M rocks!!!!

Wilson16
January 21st, 2015, 04:16 AM
Hmmmmmmm...... Rip Bison fans for ripping UND fans while taking a shot at A&M fans. Love you too but it takes one to know one.

TheRevSFA
January 21st, 2015, 04:43 AM
Hmmmmmmm...... Rip Bison fans for ripping UND fans while taking a shot at A&M fans. Love you too but it takes one to know one.

I never said I wasn't, and I absolutely cannot stand texas A&M. It's okay though. Keep talking **** about a school that you're upset about playing OOC. Makes sense.

02, I don't know what would happen if SFA and Sam stopped playing. Good point, but, I don't think either one of us would be upset about a potential OOC match. That's where you've lost me. NDSU has complained that playing UND is a cupcake, but at the same time NDSU had filled their schedule with such powerhouses as Robert Morris and prairie view that it kind of negates that argument.

Gil Dobie
January 21st, 2015, 08:13 AM
I never said I wasn't, and I absolutely cannot stand texas A&M. It's okay though. Keep talking **** about a school that you're upset about playing OOC. Makes sense.

02, I don't know what would happen if SFA and Sam stopped playing. Good point, but, I don't think either one of us would be upset about a potential OOC match. That's where you've lost me. NDSU has complained that playing UND is a cupcake, but at the same time NDSU had filled their schedule with such powerhouses as Robert Morris and prairie view that it kind of negates that argument.

So you are saying Montana is a cupcake? xeyebrowx

Original_Siouxperfan
January 21st, 2015, 09:08 AM

In the words of the infamous JR Rider: "I care. I care, man. I care." (about UND football)

TheRevSFA
January 21st, 2015, 09:12 AM
So you are saying Montana is a cupcake? xeyebrowx

Always an exception to the rule

UNHWildcat18
January 21st, 2015, 09:25 AM
I would say UND is the states team for hockey- go fighting sioux
NDSU is the state team for football.

That would be my outsider opinion if someone was to present me with a question of that sort.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 09:27 AM
In the words of the infamous JR Rider: "I care. I care, man. I care." (about UND football)

You are a rare commodity among your own fan base.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 21st, 2015, 09:41 AM

That would be my outsider opinion if someone was to present me with a question of that sort.

Has always been this way, especially the last decade.

UND will ALWAYS be a hockey school first.

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 10:14 AM
If SFA and SHSU quit playing....? We would join together to exponentially expand our mutual hate for Lamar....then fight each other in a drunken brawl.

TheRevSFA
January 21st, 2015, 10:45 AM
If SFA and SHSU quit playing....? We would join together to exponentially expand our mutual hate for Lamar....then fight each other in a drunken brawl.

Sounds about right

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 10:46 AM

Because there are tons of other teams to hate. With us, there is only one. Same thing in South Dakota.

Silenoz
January 21st, 2015, 11:53 AM
I just referenced an article. Chill.

Who's not chill? Just seems like SDSU is a better target for all the Bison fan... whatever.

It's like picking on Montana State basketball. When they stopped caring or trying, it stopped being as fun.

Actually, it's like Boise State paying any sort of attention to Idaho. At some point, why even bother?

Bisonator
January 21st, 2015, 12:21 PM
Who's not chill? Just seems like SDSU is a better target for all the Bison fan... whatever.

It's like picking on Montana State basketball. When they stopped caring or trying, it stopped being as fun.

Actually, it's like Boise State paying any sort of attention to Idaho. At some point, why even bother?

Pretty sure most have moved on but there are still a few who like to poke the goo with a stick. It's only going to get worse the closer we get to playing again this fall. One of many reasons why it was better not to play them again but I digress......

Sure wish fans of both schools would keep crap like this on their respective boards (bisonville or siouxsports) or even in the smack forum rather then putting it on here or other boards. Serves no purpose for fans of other schools and makes us look like tools.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Pretty sure most have moved on but there are still a few who like to poke the goo with a stick. It's only going to get worse the closer we get to playing again this fall. One of many reasons why it was better not to play them again but I digress......

Sure wish fans of both schools would keep crap like this on their respective boards (bisonville or siouxsports) or even in the smack forum rather then putting it on here or other boards. Serves no purpose for fans of other schools and makes us look like tools.

All somewhat true but man it has been one hell of a lot better here this last year than at any time I ever remember.

I don't get it but when it's improved so much lately I can live with it. I just really can't figure out why NDSU fans would have any reason to concern themselves with any sort of pettiness at this point. The verdict is in and done with.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 05:53 PM
All somewhat true but man it has been one hell of a lot better here this last year than at any time I ever remember.

I don't get it but when it's improved so much lately I can live with it. I just really can't figure out why NDSU fans would have any reason to concern themselves with any sort of pettiness at this point. The verdict is in and done with.

You should live in the Red River Valley. Especially Grand Forks. Grandmothers talk like sailors about NDSU.

No_Skill
January 21st, 2015, 06:21 PM

I think it "being better" has a lot more to do with the Bison dominating than the game scheduled this fall, if that's what you're getting at. I could have read between the lines incorrectly.

There is simply no material for them to run their mouths about. I recall certain posters constantly bringing up the fact that the Fargodome had never hosted a playoff game as smack. Well, that one is out the window, yet somehow I doubt that is the last we will hear about it.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 06:45 PM
I think it "being better" has a lot more to do with the Bison dominating than the game scheduled this fall, if that's what you're getting at. I could have read between the lines incorrectly.

There is simply no material for them to run their mouths about. I recall certain posters constantly bringing up the fact that the Fargodome had never hosted a playoff game as smack. Well, that one is out the window, yet somehow I doubt that is the last we will hear about it.

No, the matters argued over are so trivial and stupid but plentiful anyway. It's much tamer now than even last year when all those things were already dispelled. I think most got the message that the rest of us outside the borders were tired of watching the prinicipals showing their ass to each other. Plus some of the main people spurring on that dumb **** have hung up their spurs or just laid back on the fence post a bit at least.

NDSUSR
January 21st, 2015, 08:06 PM

Griz - Bobcats. Nuff said?

TheRevSFA
January 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM
Griz - Bobcats. Nuff said?

Not even close, plus they actually play each other in football.

NDSUSR
January 21st, 2015, 08:22 PM
Not even close, plus they actually play each other in football.

You must be out of the loop.

Wilson16
January 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM

I'm glad they're finally playing the game

JSUBison
January 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM
Title of thread is wrong. NDSU is now America's team.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 08:55 PM

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!! 'merica

SDFS
January 21st, 2015, 09:22 PM

Now let's not get carried away.. it was only one editorial in Wahpeton, ND local paper. Now, if it was a single editorial from Boron CA in Antelope Valley Press it would make perfect sense for NDSU to be called Americas Team to most of the posters in this thread. I mean who could argue with that conclusion.

MR. CHICKEN
January 21st, 2015, 09:24 PM
20525.......AMERICA'S TEAM....xconfusedx....DEY KNOW 'BOUT 'EM......IN YEMEN!.....xnodx........BRAWK!

SDFS
January 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM
First hand from two students that go there. Check out the hockey board and you'll see the same thing. Silly me.

News flash many students have interests outside of sports not really shocked. But if you would like to read up on hockey you are correct this is a fairly good resources

Hockey:

http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/1-mens-hockey/

Football:

Forum
http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/5-football/

Blog
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

Basketball

http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/16-mens-basketball/

UND Grad who follows basketball has a very nice Big Sky blog

http://www.bigskybball.com/

As you can see, UND fans have many resources to keep up with all the sports teams. Thank for your continued interest in UND sports. See you at the games.

nodak651
January 22nd, 2015, 12:36 AM

Many other Sioux fans and myself stay away from this site due to bison trolls and ridiculous threads like this.

NDSUSR
January 22nd, 2015, 01:25 AM
Many other Sioux fans and myself stay away from this site due to bison trolls and ridiculous threads like this.

Well have a nice day on your way back out.

Daytripper
January 22nd, 2015, 07:17 AM

Just ignore the threads they try to dominate. Oh, wait, sorry.

344Johnson
January 22nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
Now let's not get carried away.. it was only one editorial in Wahpeton, ND local paper. Now, if it was a single editorial from Boron CA in Antelope Valley Press it would make perfect sense for NDSU to be called Americas Team to most of the posters in this thread. I mean who could argue with that conclusion.

Must hurt being a Jets fan.

Wilson16
January 22nd, 2015, 08:54 PM
News flash many students have interests outside of sports not really shocked. But if you would like to read up on hockey you are correct this is a fairly good resources

Hockey:

http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/1-mens-hockey/

Football:

Forum
http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/5-football/

Blog
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

Basketball

http://forum.siouxsports.com/forum/16-mens-basketball/

UND Grad who follows basketball has a very nice Big Sky blog

http://www.bigskybball.com/

As you can see, UND fans have many resources to keep up with all the sports teams. Thank for your continued interest in UND sports. See you at the games.

Why do most of these links still have a naughty word in them?

Wilson16
January 22nd, 2015, 08:57 PM
But yet you opened the thread and replied....... Hmmmmmmm

Bisonoline
January 22nd, 2015, 08:59 PM

Yet here you are? xwhistlex

TennBison
January 23rd, 2015, 09:25 AM
So what your saying is, the same thing you are saying about Bison fans is what we do to other football teams. Like when you call us dicks for talking s**t about a team we don't play but you talk s**t about fans you never meet.

TennBison
January 23rd, 2015, 09:30 AM

Out of the top five reasons NDSU had not felt any reason to rush back into playing UND that excuse you gave was like number ten.

TennBison
January 23rd, 2015, 09:31 AM

Ding ding ding ding ding, BINGO.

TennBison
January 23rd, 2015, 09:36 AM
Yet, here you are making a comment.

TheRevSFA
January 23rd, 2015, 01:10 PM
Out of the top five reasons NDSU had not felt any reason to rush back into playing UND that excuse you gave was like number ten.

Let's hear them then.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Let's hear them then.

1. **** them
2. **** them
3. **** them
4. **** them

and my favorite

5. **** them.

Hammerhead
January 23rd, 2015, 01:47 PM
Just for the record, I would love to see the Bison and Whioux play every year again. I'm guessing UND wanted to sign a home and home deal and finally changed their mind whereas Robert Morris, Incarnate Word, et. al. were happy with just a road game.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Just for the record, I would love to see the Bison and Whioux play every year again. I'm guessing UND wanted to sign a home and home deal and finally changed their mind whereas Robert Morris, Incarnate Word, et. al. were happy with just a road game.

Actually me too. In a vacuum, this would be a perfect yearly rivalry that would generate a lot of buzz and be fun year in and year out. There are a lot of snoozefests in the OOC schedule.

That said, everybody from the administration to their fans fan simply go piss up a rope. Blame all of this on Roger Thomas who tried to big time us and **** all over the transition. I love how this played out.

Professor Chaos
January 23rd, 2015, 01:55 PM
I'm fine with a yearly game as well... as long as it's in Fargo. As noted in the Route 1 Rivalry Extended thread Delaware and Delware St will have played 10 times in 14 years by 2020 with all 10 meetings being at Delaware Stadium on the campus of the University of Delaware.

Apphole
January 23rd, 2015, 02:00 PM
The fact that an FCS football team is THE sporting event in that state of North Dakota just drives home the absurdity of North Dakota getting the same amount of senatorial votes as North Carolina.

Can Canada just annex you people already?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
The fact that an FCS football team is THE sports event in that state just drives home the absurdity of North Dakota getting the same amount of senatorial votes as North Carolina.

Funny, I don't think as big a fight would be put up if you seceded again.

Biggest mistake Lincoln ever made.

Apphole
January 23rd, 2015, 02:09 PM
North Dakota was still swimming around its dad's nut sack during our noble plight for independence.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 02:12 PM
North Dakota was still swimming around its dad's nut sack during our noble plight for independence.

Nobody wishes you had gotten that independence more than I.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 03:55 PM

Start a thread in the lounge if you'd like on the matter.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 03:56 PM
Start a thread in the lounge if you'd like on the matter.

he doesn't have football to talk about anymore, might as well throw ****.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 04:01 PM

Well that is fine and dandy but he ain't throwing it on this one, the lounge is great for a monkey contest though.

citdog
January 23rd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Funny, I don't think as big a fight would be put up if you seceded again.

Biggest mistake Lincoln ever made.

why is it that apphole was reprimanded when nodak was the one who brought up the War Against The States? Seems like he opened the door

- - - Updated - - -

you are the one who brought it up.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
why is it that apphole was reprimanded when nodak was the one who brought up the War Against The States? Seems like he opened the door

- - - Updated - - -

He talked about annexing and Canada completely off topic in an attempt to start crap.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 06:46 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it should have been aimed at both parties. But the just popping in to start some silly poli bs was started by Apphole so take off whatever **** is covering your eyes and it's pretty easy to see where it began.

citdog
January 23rd, 2015, 06:52 PM
Yeah it should have been aimed at both parties. But the just popping in to start some silly poli bs was started by Apphole so take off whatever **** is covering your eyes and it's pretty easy to see where it began.

I didn't see the Canada remark until I went back and looked.

the FCS Discussion Board is not the place for these type of things as I have learned the hard way.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 07:09 PM
I didn't see the Canada remark until I went back and looked.

the FCS Discussion Board is not the place for these type of things as I have learned the hard way.

Well this is true and the hard way you learned was much softer than it could have been and it was after many more excursions than either one of these guys have ever taken off road. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 07:12 PM
Well this is true and the hard way you learned was much softer than it could have been and it was after many more excursions than either one of these guys have ever taken off road. xlolx

Someday I'll learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 07:26 PM
Someday I'll learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

xlolx

citdog
January 23rd, 2015, 07:44 PM

very true...

TheRevSFA
January 23rd, 2015, 08:05 PM
The fact that an FCS football team is THE sporting event in that state of North Dakota just drives home the absurdity of North Dakota getting the same amount of senatorial votes as North Carolina.

Oh don't mind apphole. He's mad because his team had a good year but wasn't bowl eligible, as well as they don't make the news anywhere except in Boone

FCS media at a FBS price

citdog
January 23rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
Oh don't mind apphole. He's mad because his team had a good year but wasn't bowl eligible, as well as they don't make the news anywhere except in Boone

FCS media at a FBS price

liberty on homecoming

TheRevSFA
January 23rd, 2015, 08:28 PM
liberty on homecoming

I completely forgot about that

Drblankstare
January 23rd, 2015, 10:01 PM
I hate the offseason, this thread is exhibit A.

Wilson16
January 23rd, 2015, 10:51 PM
Seems like a lot of bison fans on here are happy to be playing WhoND again. REV you getting all that?????

ursus arctos horribilis
January 24th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Seems like a lot of bison fans on here are happy to be playing WhoND again. REV you getting all that?????

Look, you've missed a lot my man. He isn't speaking without cause here. I can see either way a fan would feel but I assure you his point of reference is well established whether on this thread or not.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 24th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Look, you've missed a lot my man. He isn't speaking without cause here. I can see either way a fan would feel but I assure you his point of reference is well established whether on this thread or not.

can ya

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 24th, 2015, 12:17 PM

You = moron

Wilson16
January 24th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Go back and look at what was directed at me by a very pissed off REV (not sure why he cares so much about NDSU/UND but oh well). I'm not all bison fans (at least last time I checked).

TheRevSFA
January 24th, 2015, 01:56 PM

Go look at past threads about the game.

also FYI, I don't get pissed at people on the internet. Sorry you took that as such. Maybe a quick unbunching of your panties will help

ursus arctos horribilis
January 24th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Go back and look at what was directed at me by a very pissed off REV (not sure why he cares so much about NDSU/UND but oh well). I'm not all bison fans (at least last time I checked).

Never seen Rev get even the least bit upset and did not happen here either. I am not saying you are all Bison fans, I am saying quite the opposite. It has been discussed many, many times in many, many threads and as such we have much background to draw on and this is what Rev is referring to.

You are sort of new and might not understand soem of the past stuff so I'm just trying to let ya know it did not start here in this thread.

TheRevSFA
January 24th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I'm as calm as Cit's voice on the Wedge

BisonFan02
January 24th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I'm as calm as Cit's voice on the Wedge

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/83/1470/1024/walter06.jpg

citdog
January 24th, 2015, 02:49 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/83/1470/1024/walter06.jpg

Dammit Emory you're out of your element!

BisonFan02
January 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Dammit Emory you're out of your element!

I'm calmer than you are cit.....

TheRevSFA
January 24th, 2015, 03:27 PM
****, gotta spread more rep before I rep y'all

Wilson16
January 24th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Go look at past threads about the game.

also FYI, I don't get pissed at people on the internet. Sorry you took that as such. Maybe a quick unbunching of your panties will help
Don't care about past threads. Maybe Ursus can pull your thong out for you since he seems to know you so well

BisonFan02
January 25th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Don't care about past threads. Maybe Ursus can pull your thong out for you since he seems to know you so well

SERENITY NOW!

citdog
January 25th, 2015, 12:31 AM
SERENITY NOW!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090714124528/firefly/images/1/11/Firefly_class_ship.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
January 25th, 2015, 01:48 AM

http://troll.me/images/you-mad-xzibit-1/you-mad-bro.jpg

344Johnson
January 25th, 2015, 02:33 AM
This thread is fun.

Only way to really see if NDSU is ND's team is for UND and NDSU to be at similar levels for a prolonged period of time. ND as a whole is rather strange on account of UND hockey/NDSU football fans. I don't know what the deal is with those folks.

Certainly helps ndsu that und has not been any good the past... Several years... When your team sucks I can't imagine you are likely to be an active fan base.... I know when Notre Dame is having Bad year I'm more quiet than when they are good.

Overall, if UND and NDSU even out or get closer, I imagine it'll be more of 50/50 split. Lots of folks I grew up with claimed to hate the bison and once they started winning they became bison fans. If UND fixes the dumpster up there.... I imagine plenty of them will go back.

During that game next fall, I'm sure it will be a 50/50 split as far as rooting interest.

TheRevSFA
January 25th, 2015, 05:45 AM

You've gotta come up with something more creative. Taking my joke and trying to reuse it is about as creative and unique as buddy cop movies.

If you can, send me your address. I have an extra pack of baby wipes and you need something to get the sand out of your vagina.

ndsubison
January 25th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I can take my green and yellow glasses off and recognize the other perspective. The Bison Tradition has been around for decades. My family introduced me to Dacotah Field in the late 80's when I was just a kid. My son, now a teenager, was introduced by yours truly 10yrs ago. And so it continues. I remember when NDSU left the D2 ranks for FCS. Got laughed at, ridiculed, and lost enough games. Montana Griz were dominating this board and also on the field. I saw the arrogance. I see it today in some of my bretheren s' posts. It won't last forever, but it's been one hella ride that none of you would admittedly turn down. Peace.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 25th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I can take my green and yellow glasses off and recognize the other perspective. The Bison Tradition has been around for decades. My family introduced me to Dacotah Field in the late 80's when I was just a kid. My son, now a teenager, was introduced by yours truly 10yrs ago. And so it continues. I remember when NDSU left the D2 ranks for FCS. Got laughed at, ridiculed, and lost enough games. Montana Griz were dominating this board and also on the field. I saw the arrogance. I see it today in some of my bretheren s' posts. It won't last forever, but it's been one hella ride that none of you would admittedly turn down. Peace.

Winning national championships will not last forever but do not kid yourself about NDSU's ability to field a very competitive team annually. There might be some "bumps" in the road but nothing that will be sustained.

The Bison will make a run at the NC next year also.

Silenoz
January 25th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Yeah well, that's what we thought too...

semobison
January 25th, 2015, 07:33 PM

Great post for the most part. I agree about the arrogance of some of our fans. I also agree with NW, we may not win the title every year but the success of the program will be sustained as it has been for the last 50 years. For me, this years title was the most rewarding because of how hard we had to fight to get it!

ndsubison
January 26th, 2015, 01:01 AM
This yrs Title was for T Beck, Beatle and Emmanuel. They played 64 games and earned it.

ndsubison
January 26th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Heagle, not Beattle. Somebody please kill Auto~ Correct. Damn...

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 26th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Yeah well, that's what we thought too...

NDSU will always be competitive.

I'm really looking forward to the NDSU/Montana game next year because our all conference OG from '13 is coming back and the O-line will be the strength of the team. They will flat out dominated a lot of opponents next year. 5 starters back. NDSU's offense is going to be very good. The defense will have some growing pains but I fully expect them to be very good. It all starts in the trenches and both lines will be very good.

Wilson16
January 28th, 2015, 12:16 AM
http://troll.me/images/you-mad-xzibit-1/you-mad-bro.jpg

not at all ...... Bro

BTW "Bro" didn't reach ND until 2012 but it's already over

Wilson16
January 28th, 2015, 12:20 AM
You've gotta come up with something more creative. Taking my joke and trying to reuse it is about as creative and unique as buddy cop movies.

If you can, send me your address. I have an extra pack of baby wipes and you need something to get the sand out of your vagina.
Thong and panties are different dumb ass.

Got to Houston last Wed. Stoppped at an Academy Sports store and purchased an awesome A&M hat. Sunday I drove to Austin, wearing it proudly on 6th st in the "keep it wired" liberal town. Go Aggies

ursus arctos horribilis
January 28th, 2015, 01:07 AM
not at all ...... Bro

BTW "Bro" didn't reach ND until 2012 but it's already over

is it

BisonFan02
January 28th, 2015, 01:57 AM
is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLYgvNv2CQ

TheRevSFA
January 28th, 2015, 03:10 AM

Got to Houston last Wed. Stoppped at an Academy Sports store and purchased an awesome A&M hat. Sunday I drove to Austin, wearing it proudly on 6th st in the "keep it wired" liberal town. Go Aggies

wow. You really know how to live dangerously

344Johnson
January 28th, 2015, 12:44 PM

I see students at und and ndsu wearing apparel of the opposite school fairly often. I imagine you'll see that in Texas from time to time as well

tjamz
January 30th, 2015, 11:17 PM

UND chose to break of the rivalry when NDSU moved up. Their AD went on record as saying UND will NEVER play NDSU again as it wouldn't be beneficial to them since they stayed DII. Fast forward a few years and UND did their typical "Me too" act and moved up (allegedly.... their football team hasn't convinced me of this yet) and starts belly aching because the big bad mean ol' Bison want to hold their AD at his word. Well, the news flash is that UND needs the game far more than NDSU does. There are lots of cupcakes out there, so why treat UND as anything other than a cupcake? Keep in mind that UND wants the series back with alternating home games.

Now, how often does NDSU travel to cupcakes OOC? Weber State this year (but only because we wanted/had room for a 12th game AND wanted a cupcake at home in 2015). So why should UND be treated any different? There is no "upside" for NDSU to travel to UND, no added ticket revenue, less of OUR fans would get to see that game, etc... so that problem isn't necessarily that we don't "want" the game this year, as many do, but rather that we don't NEED that game anymore. At present UND is a cupcake and until they prove to be anything other than that I see no reason to travel to their tin shed/outhouse.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 31st, 2015, 05:38 AM
UND chose to break of the rivalry when NDSU moved up. Their AD went on record as saying UND will NEVER play NDSU again as it wouldn't be beneficial to them since they stayed DII. Fast forward a few years and UND did their typical "Me too" act and moved up (allegedly.... their football team hasn't convinced me of this yet) and starts belly aching because the big bad mean ol' Bison want to hold their AD at his word. Well, the news flash is that UND needs the game far more than NDSU does. There are lots of cupcakes out there, so why treat UND as anything other than a cupcake? Keep in mind that UND wants the series back with alternating home games.

Now, how often does NDSU travel to cupcakes OOC? Weber State this year (but only because we wanted/had room for a 12th game AND wanted a cupcake at home in 2015). So why should UND be treated any different? There is no "upside" for NDSU to travel to UND, no added ticket revenue, less of OUR fans would get to see that game, etc... so that problem isn't necessarily that we don't "want" the game this year, as many do, but rather that we don't NEED that game anymore. At present UND is a cupcake and until they prove to be anything other than that I see no reason to travel to their tin shed/outhouse.

In a nutshell, this is it!

Good post!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

caribbeanhen
January 31st, 2015, 07:28 AM
I'm fine with a yearly game as well... as long as it's in Fargo. As noted in the Route 1 Rivalry Extended thread Delaware and Delware St will have played 10 times in 14 years by 2020 with all 10 meetings being at Delaware Stadium on the campus of the University of Delaware.

all true except the rivalry part.... Lets see if Del State can get things turned around and we might just have one!

The difference between Delaware fans and the supposed rivalry are we are not obsessed with the Hornets like Bizon fans are with North Dakota...

tjamz
January 31st, 2015, 09:36 AM
There are many decades of hatred built up between NDSU and UND. One doesn't just stop hating their bitch of an ex-wife of 20 years simply because you got a divorce and sole custody of the kids. Same goes for UND, they'll always be our bitch of an ex-wife.... even though we agreed to limited visitation rights every few years.

Silenoz
January 31st, 2015, 04:50 PM
See, I understand MSU's obsession with Montana. Owned for 16 years in a row. Still ritualistically eviscerated by us on a regular basis. Being the red-heated stepchild on the field is a direct contradiction to their mind's understanding that all things MSU are better than all things Hippytown. Ditto for Idaho's hatred for Boise State.

You guys on the other hand, just seem to have it reversed. Shouldn't the UND fans be the ones obsessed with the football big brother that's always bullying them?

Silenoz
January 31st, 2015, 04:52 PM
Seeing as how about 95% of the posters on this site anymore are from NDSU, I expect many pleasant replies...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 31st, 2015, 05:07 PM
See, I understand MSU's obsession with Montana. Owned for 16 years in a row. Still ritualistically eviscerated by us on a regular basis. Being the red-heated stepchild on the field is a direct contradiction to their mind's understanding that all things MSU are better than all things Hippytown. Ditto for Idaho's hatred for Boise State.

You guys on the other hand, just seem to have it reversed. Shouldn't the UND fans be the ones obsessed with the football big brother that's always bullying them?

They are a hockey school. It's kind of like your basketball team, does anyone really care? They have very few actual football fans.

BisonFan02
January 31st, 2015, 05:07 PM
Seeing as how about 95% of the posters on this site anymore are from NDSU, I expect many pleasant replies...

You just answered your own question.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 31st, 2015, 08:07 PM
In a nutshell, this is it!

Good post!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

Yes, we all know this story quite well. It would seem some of the new guys aren't aware that we've all been through all of this ad nauseam so it's nice to let them know once in a while that we aren't new to the story and that there has been a few hundred threads before this one which gave us all some background and a reason to chime in.

Wilson16
January 31st, 2015, 08:55 PM
wow. You really know how to live dangerously

Spending as much time in Texas as I do is pretty dangerous. Crime infested state

BisonFan02
January 31st, 2015, 09:23 PM
Yes, we all know this story quite well. It would seem some of the new guys aren't aware that we've all been through all of this ad nauseam so it's nice to let them know once in a while that we aren't new to the story and that there has been a few hundred threads before this one which gave us all some background and a reason to chime in.

do ya? are we? is it? "ad nauseam" :D

Wilson16
January 31st, 2015, 10:36 PM
do ya? are we? is it? "ad nauseam" :D
Nice!!!!!

Catsfan90
February 1st, 2015, 12:55 AM
http://s.ecrater.com/stores/59432/48c6e7bf6577e_59432n.jpg (http://pointtheway.ecrater.com/p/3050367/trinity-bible-college-lions-postcards-547-x-421#)

North Dakotas team.

BisonFan02
February 1st, 2015, 01:23 AM
http://www.jimmieathletics.com/images/header_images/FootballHeader2.jpg

North Dakotas team.

FIFY xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
February 1st, 2015, 09:34 AM

Just for the record: I guarantee that threads like these make Bison fans like me cringe 95% more than they do fans of other schools. :)

Bisonator
February 1st, 2015, 09:43 AM
I'm gonna take a lead from citdog.

UND sucks

IBleedYellow
February 1st, 2015, 09:53 AM
Just for the record: I guarantee that threads like these make Bison fans like me cringe 95% more than they do fans of other schools. :)

Fact. Am not the 5 (or 1) percent. Cringefactor is over 9000.