PDA

View Full Version : It's time to practice.....

DB_Atlantic10
November 16th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Ok board, during my most recent posts, I've had to catch myself when typing.... it is so ingrained in my mind to type I-AA.... so, from here on out, I think we should all practice typing DI-CS, CS Football... or something of that variation to get away from the I-AA label...... so let's make it official as this is a true historic moment in college football.....:thumbsup:

alumNEC
November 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
i dunno man, I'd say 10 years down the road people are still gonna be slippin Iaa on accident... but i'll go for it... Lets go CS!!!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
i dunno man, I'd say 10 years down the road people are still gonna be slippin Iaa on accident... but i'll go for it... Lets go CS!!!

Sorry, it's still I-AA for me... when I see/hear CS, I think 'computer science'.

AppGuy04
November 16th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah, its definitely gonna take some getting used to. I will probably continue to say I-AA for a while

andy7171
November 16th, 2006, 10:11 AM
OK, I'm new to here.
What's IA-CS, CS football?

AppGuy04
November 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
CS= Championship Subdivision

The new name given to I-AA football as of the playoffs. The 2006 champion will be the IA-CS champion, not the I-AA champion

YoUDeeMan
November 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Is there a 12 step program for typing I-AA?

Matt Dougherty, TSN, suggests calling it the Football Championship Subdivision, or by the acronym FCS.

OL FU
November 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
It has been I-AA for me since 1982. This is not going to be an easy switch

Keeper
November 17th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Gosh, for me, typing (shift)CS is way easier than typing
(shift)I hyphen (shift)AA. Agreed that I_aa oops dangit, I-AA
is a brand that will not go away easily. I think for awhile,
my ratings site will have both, a transition if you will.

UMass922
November 17th, 2006, 12:37 PM
CS= Championship Subdivision

The new name given to I-AA football as of the playoffs. The 2006 champion will be the IA-CS champion, not the I-AA champion

What's that "A" doing in there? I thought it was just "Division I Championship Subdivision," getting rid of the A's and AA's entirely. Wouldn't it just be "DI-CS"?

BDKJMU
November 17th, 2006, 01:08 PM
The problem is if you're talking to people who don't follow IAA football closely, which is like 99% of the public, if you say Div IAA, most casual sports fans, and almost all college football fans (the overwhelming majority of those follow IA) at least know what you're talking about. If you say my team just won the "Division I Football Championship", or are talking about the "Division I Championship Football Subdivision" people are going to be really confused, or think you're talking about the big boys (Ohio State, Michigan, USC, or whoever wins it this yr), think you're including you're IAA school in the same category, and may need to have your head examined. If you say DI CS, again you're get blank looks. If you say, "My team just one the Football Championship Subdivision, or FCS, or CS", again, you'll get blank looks.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck. No matter how you dress it up, IAA will always be....IAA, at least it will to me anyway, and I know many others. Easier than having to explain to people.

Tribe4SF
November 17th, 2006, 02:00 PM
We are...

The Football Championship Subdivision.

FCS!!!

Dukie95
November 17th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Actually, I'll take CAA and FCS over A-10 and I-AA anyday...just too many hyphens...gotta get used to both anyway. :)

It's a lot easier to type "The CAA is the best leage in the FCS" than "The A-10 is the best league in I-AA"

I think everyone should try that little exercise on their own, and repeat it 10 times over. ;)

UMass922
November 17th, 2006, 04:49 PM
The problem is if you're talking to people who don't follow IAA football closely, which is like 99% of the public, if you say Div IAA, most casual sports fans, and almost all college football fans (the overwhelming majority of those follow IA) at least know what you're talking about. If you say my team just won the "Division I Football Championship", or are talking about the "Division I Championship Football Subdivision" people are going to be really confused, or think you're talking about the big boys (Ohio State, Michigan, USC, or whoever wins it this yr), think you're including you're IAA school in the same category, and may need to have your head examined. If you say DI CS, again you're get blank looks. If you say, "My team just one the Football Championship Subdivision, or FCS, or CS", again, you'll get blank looks.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its a duck. No matter how you dress it up, IAA will always be....IAA, at least it will to me anyway, and I know many others. Easier than having to explain to people.

Agreed.

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Sorry, it's still I-AA for me... when I see/hear CS, I think 'computer science'.
We son't ask what you think of when you hear BS.
xlolx