PDA

View Full Version : AP Story: Third String QB Transfers from NDSU

DFW HOYA
January 14th, 2015, 12:26 PM
You've got to be a big time I-AA program when the Associated Press covers a third string QB transfer. Not first string, not even second. Third string.

There are some conferences that can't get a wire story, much less teams.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/01/14/5446460/north-dakota-state-third-string.html

walliver
January 14th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Obviously a very slow news day.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 14th, 2015, 01:12 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5a/64/da/5a64da10a914fdb7cba92da5e035d7bc.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Probably wants to play and will not at NDSU.

Sammy94
January 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Probably wants to play and will not at NDSU.

Our 3rd string QB left for this reason a few weeks ago.

Professor Chaos
January 14th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah, he'll be a redshirt junior next year and obviously Wentz is entrenched as the starter for one more year. Beyond that, he was passed on the depth chart by Cole Davis, who is a year younger than him, and by most accounts the QB who redshirted this last year, Easton Stick, has the most talent of any of them behind Wentz. Sounds like McGinnis will look to play D2 ball so he can compete to play right away rather than burn another year of eligibility. Hopefully he gets the playing time he's looking for, can't fault a kid for wanting that.

BisonFan02
January 14th, 2015, 01:24 PM
To be honest, he was probably 4th string....our 2nd string redshirted this season.

Bisonator
January 14th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Dave Kolpack probably wrote that. Thanks Dave! xsmiley_wix

NDSUstudent
January 14th, 2015, 01:55 PM
To be honest, he was probably 4th string....our 2nd string redshirted this season.

We have a winner.

dewey
January 14th, 2015, 02:14 PM
NDSU also has 2 wide receiver's (Desean Warren and Dee Gray) and a tight end (Justin Axelson?) that are transferring as well. I wish them the best...Once a Bison Always a Bison!

Here is a link to the Bison Media blog where they talk about the players above leaving an dthe attrition on the 211 and 2012 classes.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91828

Dewey

centennial
January 14th, 2015, 03:19 PM
We have lost 29 players from 11 and 12 recruiting classes. Some kids want playing time, for some the pressure is too much, some get injured, some know that is position is too loaded. Good luck to everyone who transfers. Most of these kids could be starters on good D2 and average FCS teams.

Twentysix
January 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Yeah, he'll be a redshirt junior next year and obviously Wentz is entrenched as the starter for one more year. Beyond that, he was passed on the depth chart by Cole Davis, who is a year younger than him, and by most accounts the QB who redshirted this last year, Easton Stick, has the most talent of any of them behind Wentz. Sounds like McGinnis will look to play D2 ball so he can compete to play right away rather than burn another year of eligibility. Hopefully he gets the playing time he's looking for, can't fault a kid for wanting that.

Is Wentz a Sr this coming season? I thought he was a Redshirt sophomore this year.

I was hoping to win two more championships with him :(

BisonFan02
January 14th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Is Wentz a Sr this coming season? I thought he was a Redshirt sophomore this year.

Wentz is a senior next year.

Twentysix
January 14th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Wentz is a senior next year.

Lame.

BisonFan02
January 14th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Lame.

It happens....should have a pretty good redshirt sophomore waiting in the wings.

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2015, 06:01 PM
It happens....should have a pretty good redshirt sophomore waiting in the wings.
Exactly. There were folks saying that our backup last year was more talented than our 3-time Nat'l Champ starter, and others who said "Wut? Yeah right."

I'm not ready to crown Stick as more talented than Wentz, but I think we'll be just fine at that position.

Twentysix
January 14th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Exactly. There were folks saying that our backup last year was more talented than our 3-time Nat'l Champ starter, and others who said "Wut? Yeah right."

I'm not ready to crown Stick as more talented than Wentz, but I think we'll be just fine at that position.

While he may be more talented, continuity for a championship program is always a good thing.

Hopefully 2016 isn't another 2014. And by that I mean new coach new qb.

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2015, 06:11 PM
While he may be more talented, continuity for a championship program is always a good thing.

Hopefully 2016 isn't another 2014. And by that I mean new coach new qb.
Right. I'm not disputing that the coaches made the right call leaving Brock as starter. I'm just saying that some didn't believe a backup could be better than a four-year starter who won three championships.

gumby013
January 15th, 2015, 04:11 PM
I've had a feeling since fall camp that Easton Stick will be the starter after Wentz.

thebootfitter
January 15th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I've had a feeling since fall camp that Easton Stick will be the starter after Wentz.
I'm not sure any coaches have said that directly yet, but I think it is a pretty safe bet. Not to say Cole Davis isn't any good, but all reports I'm hearing are that Stick is something special.

Bisonator
January 15th, 2015, 07:16 PM

I think most are on the same line of thinking. It'll be interesting to see the 2 deep after spring ball or fall camp.

4 years with Brock. 2 years with Wentz. Maybe 3 with Easton.

NDSUSR
January 15th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Keep doubting NDSU's depth and development. So far its haters -233.

Bisonwinagn
January 15th, 2015, 09:42 PM

Who exactly is doubting NDSU's depth?

Bisonator
January 15th, 2015, 09:50 PM

Not now he's on a roll.xlolx

NDSUSR
January 15th, 2015, 10:26 PM
If you read this thread and cant figure that out I am assuming you are an UD_ grad.

thebootfitter
January 16th, 2015, 12:07 AM
If you read this thread and cant figure that out I am assuming you are an UD_ grad.
Eh?

No talk at all in this thread about lack of depth for the Bison.

Why would you assume someone is a Delaware grad? What does Delaware have to do with anything?

So, again I say, eh?

frozennorth
January 16th, 2015, 12:07 AM
I think davis looked pretty good and pretty athletic in limited playing time. Anyone have a credible estimate for how they compare?

AmsterBison
January 16th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I think davis looked pretty good and pretty athletic in limited playing time. Anyone have a credible estimate for how they compare?

It'll be an interesting spring game.

TennBison
January 17th, 2015, 05:11 PM

I never saw a post doubting the depth at NDSU feel free to enlighten us.

Bisonoline
January 18th, 2015, 12:44 AM

xconfusedx ????????????????????????????????

thebootfitter
January 18th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I never saw a post doubting the depth at NDSU feel free to enlighten us.
I think he was posting drunk at the time.

344Johnson
January 18th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I think he was posting drunk at the time.

I got plenty of experience in that department.... Easy to develop an us vs. The world complex under the influence