Oct 24 Samford
Oct 31 at Chattanooga
Nov 7 Furman
Nov 14 at Texas A&M
Nov 21 at VMI

GO CATS!!!

walliver
January 14th, 2015, 01:30 PM
With 2 SEC and 1 D-2, you will likely need to go 6-1 in the SoCon to get an at-large.

I can understand the D-II to get a home game with only 3 home SoCon games.

Hopefully SoCon schedules will be much smoother once we are back at 9 teams in 2016.

PaladinFan
January 14th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Geeze. Wofford, Samford, UTC, Furman, and Texas A&M back to back. I've seen easier slates.

catamount man
January 14th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Geeze. Wofford, Samford, UTC, Furman, and Texas A&M back to back. I've seen easier slates.

Meh...we beat Wofford and Furman and have 20 starters coming back. I want Samford BAD! GO CATS!

OL FU
January 14th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Meh...we beat Wofford and Furman and have 20 starters coming back. I want Samford BAD! GO CATS!

While hopeful, I was certainly going to wait until I put Furman in the watch out category.

catamount man
January 14th, 2015, 04:00 PM
While hopeful, I was certainly going to wait until I put Furman in the watch out category.

Furman will always have my respect and I look for the Paladins to bounce back big in 2015. GO CATS!

FUBeAR
January 14th, 2015, 04:51 PM
FIFY ;)

Geeze. Mercer, Wofford, Samford, UTC, Furman, and Texas A&M back to back. I've seen easier slates.

catamount man
January 14th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Fellow CATS fans, do NOT feed the troll. GO CATS!

citdog
January 14th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Cats could easily be 1-5 after 6 games...

Twentysix
January 14th, 2015, 05:58 PM

Or they could be any other variation of 6, including 6-0. ;)

BisonFan02
January 14th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Eagerly awaits the WCU 2016 schedule with NDSU mysteriously not on it.... xlolx

SU DOG
January 14th, 2015, 08:14 PM

Might should have checked with Furman before scheduling us as your Homecoming Game.

PaladinFan
January 15th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Might should have checked with Furman before scheduling us as your Homecoming Game.

IMO, homecoming games have more to do with the date than the opponent.

The Cats
January 15th, 2015, 01:17 PM
IMO, homecoming games have more to do with the date than the opponent.

I think anyone obectively looking at the WCU schedule, can see that this is the case.

It would have been nice to have a cup cake for Homecoming, but Samford will have to do. Actually, it's their loss, because their fans will not get to see a full half time show by the 500 member, Pride of the Mountains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRNsQp4FW0

citdog
January 15th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I think anyone obectively looking at the WCU schedule, can see that this is the case.

It would have been nice to have a cup cake for Homecoming, but Samford will have to do. Actually, it's their loss, because their fans will not get to see a full half time show by the 500 member, Pride of the Mountains.

more people blow or beat things in the WCU band than actually reside in Cullowhee.

Jiggs
January 15th, 2015, 02:01 PM
I want Samford BAD! GO CATS!
Ain't gonna happen.

walliver
January 15th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Very few SoCon teams actually schedule cupcake teams for homecoming. In general most SoCon teams will play 3-4 OOC games to start the season and occasionally an OOC SEC game the last week or so, but the conference schedule is mostly uninterupted. The homecoming opponent is usually whoever comes up on the schedule at home in mid-October. The conference determines the sequence of games every year, which changes every two years or so (a few year's back, teams played ASU, GSU and Wofford in consecutive weeks and got tired of it quickly).

The Cats
January 15th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Things must be tough for citdog, when all he's got to comment on is the WCU band.

SU DOG
January 15th, 2015, 03:31 PM

I agree completely Cats. The POM is a terrific asset for Western. Hope to make that trip again this year.

DP_ASU
January 15th, 2015, 06:54 PM
West Carolina will lose 6 of these games.

chattanoogamocs
January 15th, 2015, 10:15 PM

I see your band video and raise you with football highlights...

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&id=3508658&ATCLID=209744204&ATCLPID=&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

I keep meaning to ask, what is the bell for at the stadium? We kept waiting for someone to ring it, but they never did.

The Cats
January 15th, 2015, 11:04 PM
I see your band video and raise you with football highlights...

http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&id=3508658&ATCLID=209744204&ATCLPID=&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

I keep meaning to ask, what is the bell for at the stadium? We kept waiting for someone to ring it, but they never did.

We had a nice little turn around in football. so here's the highlights, it's not a conference championship, but was a good year for the Cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlIhIjKslok

....as far as the bell, it's rung after a victory - since we didn't beat Chattanooga, it would have been a little presumptuous to have rung it after the game.

It seems strange why you'd ask a question you knew the answer to, but you didn't post a video of the Chattanooga Marching Band.

citdog
January 15th, 2015, 11:20 PM
We had a nice little turn around in football. so here's the highlights, it's not a conference championship, but was a good year for the Cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlIhIjKslok

....as far as the bell, it's rung after a victory - since we didn't beat Chattanooga, it would have been a little presumptuous to have rung it after the game.

It seems strange why you'd ask a question you knew the answer to, but you didn't post a video of the Chattanooga Marching Band.

least used bell since the one in philly

this isn't the SWAC bro nobody gives a damn about your band

catamount man
January 16th, 2015, 09:55 AM

So could Citadel. So could any team. ANY GIVEN SATURDAY.

- - - Updated - - -

Eagerly awaits the WCU 2016 schedule with NDSU mysteriously not on it.... xlolx

I have heard such rumblings. To be honest, our great and glorious ex-AD should've never scheduled it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ain't gonna happen.
Never know what happen throughout the course of a season. Last game in the Whee was a thriller. Best of luck sans 10/24/15. GO CATS!

- - - Updated - - -

West Carolina will lose 6 of these games.

Yeah, try to hold Clemson under 70 big boy. LOL!

catamount man
January 16th, 2015, 09:56 AM
least used bell since the one in philly

October 25, 2014. WCU 29 Shannon Faulkner academy of the closeted homosexuals 15

Catamount87
January 16th, 2015, 02:13 PM
You forgot to mention that was 633 total offensive yards and a 9.6 yard average gain per play average against SFACH.

citdog
January 16th, 2015, 02:31 PM
You forgot to mention that was 633 total offensive yards and a 9.6 yard average gain per play average against SFACH.

yet you needed a fumble after a 68 yard run on the 1 yard line to win. got presby?

BisonFan02
January 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I have heard such rumblings. To be honest, our great and glorious ex-AD should've never scheduled it.

Well....its already been postponed once (twice I believe actually...someone can confirm), and the last time it was "cancelled" NDSU overpaid Delaware St. to come to Fargo....and was on Gameday! :D Just do what Georgia Southern did....buy it out and not come. Don't wait until the last minute to do it ala Montana State.

Catamount87
January 16th, 2015, 03:17 PM
yet you needed a fumble after a 68 yard run on the 1 yard line to win. got presby?

Lildog, the W is all that matter is the end.

citdog
January 16th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Lildog, the W is all that matter is the end.

without s doubt you are correct but the attempt to make the game seem like a Lee vs Pope at Second Manassas type situation was highly inaccurate.

The Cats
January 16th, 2015, 03:51 PM

what's wrong, didn't get burped after your bottle?

citdog
January 16th, 2015, 04:03 PM
what's wrong, didn't get burped after your bottle?

you really suck at smack

get better

The Cats
January 16th, 2015, 04:38 PM
....get better

Why? I don't want to be like you.

DP_ASU
January 17th, 2015, 02:22 PM
West Carolina fans are lame...as people.

Smitty
January 18th, 2015, 01:39 PM

Awww, I think you hurt my feelings...

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
January 18th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Sep 5 Mars Hill - WIN - Catamounts opens up season with win.
Sep 12 at The Citadel - WIN - Catamounts open up conference slate with win.
Sep 19 at Tennessee - LOSS - Catamounts not so lucky in Knoxville.
Sep 26 OPEN
Oct 3 Presbyterian - WIN - Catamounts avenge last year's upset.
Oct 10 Mercer - WIN - Catamounts maul the Bears.
Oct 17 at Wofford - WIN - Catamounts win another one on the road.
Oct 24 Samford - WIN - Catamounts avenge last year's loss against Samford.
Oct 31 at Chattanooga - LOSS - WCU goes 0-2 against UT schools
Nov 7 Furman - WIN - Paladins don't have enough to beat WCU
Nov 14 at Texas A&M - LOSS - WCU goes 0-2 against SEC schools
Nov 21 at VMI - WIN - WCU finishes season with win.

I think WCU will finish 8-3 overall and 6-1 in the SoCon. Playoff bid very likely.

PaladinFan
January 19th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Probably a bit early to say Furman does not have "enough" to beat WCU, I think.

Southern Bison
January 19th, 2015, 11:25 PM
I think all y'all Cat fans will be seeing that Bison flag flying again at one of those home games...had a great time up there last season tailgating before the Chatty game.

citdog
January 20th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Probably a bit early to say Furman does not have "enough" to beat WCU, I think.

furman sucks

Smitty
January 20th, 2015, 08:26 AM
I think all y'all Cat fans will be seeing that Bison flag flying again at one of those home games...had a great time up there last season tailgating before the Chatty game.

Hopefully! Let us know what game it is ahead of time and we will try to meet up.

AshevilleApp2
January 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM

That was lame...as post. xcoffeex

wcucat15
January 21st, 2015, 08:33 AM
i saw the NDSU flag flying high when i was walking to the stadium

Apphole
January 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM
Things must be tough for citdog, when all he's got to comment on is the WCU band.

His old targets of choice are swimming in milk and honey. Now he must resort to insulting the lesser of the two NC Mountain schools.

citdog
January 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM
His old targets of choice are swimming in milk and honey. Now he must resort to insulting the lesser of the two NC Mountain schools.

western could beat the fanatics from liberty at home

The Cats
January 21st, 2015, 07:32 PM

..still trolling the WCU threads i see.

I know.... you can't help yourself.

tenNesseeCat
January 22nd, 2015, 09:23 AM
more people blow or beat things in the WCU band than actually reside in Cullowhee.

That's funny because I've actually thought the same thing about The Citadel in general. For every "female" 20528 there are 8 males doing this 20529.
The actual ratio is 9-1 m/f, but one lucky guy gets the girl!!! not to mention, if they go off campus, this 20530 is probably what they have to choose from.xthumbsdownx

walliver
January 22nd, 2015, 12:40 PM
That's funny because I've actually thought the same thing about The Citadel in general. For every "female" 20528 there are 8 males doing this 20529.
The actual ratio is 9-1 m/f, but one lucky guy gets the girl!!! not to mention, if they go off campus, this 20530 is probably what they have to choose from.xthumbsdownx

Why do you assume a female cadet would prefer a man?

Apphole
January 22nd, 2015, 02:16 PM
Why do you assume a female cadet would prefer a man?
They prefer men because most women can't compete with them when it comes to ejaculation distance.

citdog
January 22nd, 2015, 02:21 PM
you have obviously never seen class change at the College of Charleston. y'all should be happy to be on our schedule every year as that is the only time wcu will ever be mentioned in the same sentence as The Citadel. if obama gets his way with free community college for all your enrollment should skyrocket

The Cats
January 22nd, 2015, 03:16 PM
. if obama gets his way with free community college for all your enrollment should skyrocket

You sure about that?

The Citadel - Acceptance rate: 80.4%

Western Carolina - Acceptance rate: 39%

citdog
January 22nd, 2015, 03:24 PM
You sure about that?

which is the #1 public college in the South again? I forget..

The Cats
January 22nd, 2015, 03:55 PM
which is the #1 public college in the South again? I forget..

You asked, so I'll answer......

USC Aiken Ranks Number One Among Best Regional Public Colleges in the South by U.S. News and World Report
http://web.usca.edu/news/usc-aiken-ranks-number-one-among-best-regional-public-colleges-in-the-south-by-u-s-news-and-world-report

citdog
January 22nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
You asked, so I'll answer......

USC Aiken Ranks Number One Among Best Regional Public Colleges in the South by U.S. News and World Report
http://web.usca.edu/news/usc-aiken-ranks-number-one-among-best-regional-public-colleges-in-the-south-by-u-s-news-and-world-report

it is no shock that you would not know how to use the internet considering you attended such a poor college. I always like to help the less fortunate and mentally challenged. Google search The Citadel #1 public college in the South. you can even see the billboard on I-26 the next time you are riding your donkey.

tenNesseeCat
January 23rd, 2015, 07:52 AM
you can even see the billboard on I-26 the next time you are riding your donkey.

So, a billboard makes it true? I think the catamount club needs to rent a billboard on I-26 north next year, when The Citadel comes to Cullowhee. It should read "The Citadel, best West Point rejects in the south!" That would be true.

I'll add, the only democrat i would ever consider riding would be Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii.

DP_ASU
January 23rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
So, a billboard makes it true? I think the catamount club needs to rent a billboard on I-26 north next year, when The Citadel comes to Cullowhee. It should read "The Citadel, best West Point rejects in the south!" That would be true.

I'll add, the only democrat i would ever consider riding would be Tulsi Gabbard from Hawaii.

Cantamount

Apphole
January 23rd, 2015, 10:10 AM
You sure about that?

Oh wow. I saw a WCU twitter person touting that 39% stat. Apparently Can'tAmount Nation didn't read the source.

That statistic is the percentage of accepted students who actually end up attending the school. xlolx

tenNesseeCat
January 23rd, 2015, 11:02 AM
Cantamount

another lame post. good job! Lame - Legitimate Appalachian Moronic Enthusiast

PaladinFan
January 23rd, 2015, 02:03 PM
Oh wow. I saw a WCU twitter person touting that 39% stat. Apparently Can'tAmount Nation didn't read the source.

That statistic is the percentage of accepted students who actually end up attending the school. xlolx

Interestingly, Georgia Southern had a billboard on I-16 touting the same statistic, making it one of the top ten "most popular colleges in the country" along with Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc.

Something like 90% of folks accepted to Georgia Southern end up attending.

citdog
January 23rd, 2015, 05:37 PM

the ignorance, asshattery, and amorous activities with blood kin are strong in the 'whee. I'd rather be a 'reject from west point' than from appy st like the catamounts. must suck to have to be one of y'all. I feel for you.

The Cats
January 23rd, 2015, 09:21 PM

You dumba$$, why don't you keep quiet when you don't know what the hell you're talking about?. Acceptance rate is just what it says.... the % rate of students accepted that applied.

Here are more recent figures.... the acceptance rate when up a little

WCU Freshman Profile Fall 2014

Class Size
Applications 15,398
Admitted 6,638
Enrolled 1,745
Honors College 196

The Cats
January 23rd, 2015, 09:34 PM
... you can even see the billboard on I-26 the next time you are riding your donkey.

Why in the hell would me and my donkey be on I-26?

Smitty
January 23rd, 2015, 10:37 PM
the ignorance, asshattery, and amorous activities with blood kin are strong in the 'whee. I'd rather be a 'reject from west point' than from appy st like the catamounts. must suck to have to be one of y'all. I feel for you.

So what's your excuse then?

catamount man
January 31st, 2015, 07:39 AM
As usual, Citdog has to hijack a thread.