PDA

View Full Version : FCS look ahead to 2015

catamount man
January 13th, 2015, 09:21 PM
http://www.watchfox29.com/mostpopular/story/In-the-FCS-Huddle-An-early-look-to-FCS-2015/rng0KqKmY0ypBnFLQu9h4Q.cspx

Western "de facto" #22? I can live with that. Can't wait until September 5. GO CATS!!!

superman7515
January 13th, 2015, 09:53 PM
They mention FBS transfers, a lot of speculation that "12 Gauge" Cardale Jones will transfer to an FCS school because he is projected back to the third string for Ohio State and wants to get more playing time since he's a 23-year-old sophomore and doesn't want to be hanging around until he's the next Brandon Weeden.

lionsrking2
January 13th, 2015, 10:49 PM
They mention FBS transfers, a lot of speculation that "12 Gauge" Cardale Jones will transfer to an FCS school because he is projected back to the third string for Ohio State and wants to get more playing time since he's a 23-year-old sophomore and doesn't want to be hanging around until he's the next Brandon Weeden.

Cardale Jones will declare for the NFL draft before he transfers. He's played himself into the 1st round with his Big 10/Sugar Bowl/NC performances.

Catsfan90
January 13th, 2015, 10:54 PM

Youngstown state? he'd be close to home, and Pelini did come from the Big 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Cardale Jones will declare for the NFL draft before he transfers. He's played himself into the 1st round with his Big 10/Sugar Bowl/NC performances.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/14791/20150113/cardale-jones-nfl-draft-decision-confirmed-not-ready-what-it-means-for-jt-barrett-and-braxton-miller.htm

In this article he states that he is not yet ready for the draft.

BisonFan02
January 13th, 2015, 11:43 PM
12. Northern Iowa (9-5; No. 10) - Perhaps like 2012, UNI may not overcome a brutal early season schedule, this time with trips to Iowa State, Cal Poly, Illinois State and North Dakota State and a home game against Eastern Washington all packed within the first five games. Coach Mark Farley better hope some new leaders will raise their play, perhaps running back Darrian Miller for All-American David Johnson. There's still the choice of talented quarterbacks in Brion Carnes and Sawyer Kollmorgen, and place-kicker Michael Schmadeke is automatic within the UNI-Dome. The defense will feature linebacker Brett McMakin as well as Tim Kilfoy and Deiondre' Hall in the secondary

Is there really??? I think UNI is in trouble next season with the losses they have.

lionsrking2
January 13th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Youngstown state? he'd be close to home, and Pelini did come from the Big 10.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/14791/20150113/cardale-jones-nfl-draft-decision-confirmed-not-ready-what-it-means-for-jt-barrett-and-braxton-miller.htm

In this article he states that he is not yet ready for the draft.

Saying he's not ready and ruling out the possibility are separate issues. I agree his body of work is razor thin and he would benefit greatly with a full year as a starter under his belt, but I don't see it happening at an FCS school. Not after the way he's performed on the big stage.

ming01
January 14th, 2015, 04:15 AM

I bet Cardale starts for OSU next year. Miller will announce a transfer soon and Barrett in the spring IMO.

Catsfan90
January 14th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Saying he's not ready and ruling out the possibility are separate issues. I agree his body of work is razor thin and he would benefit greatly with a full year as a starter under his belt, but I don't see it happening at an FCS school. Not after the way he's performed on the big stage.

True, and I also highly doubt that if he did decide to wait for the NFL draft, that he would transfer to the FCS. I can picture a few FBS schools that would love to have him at the helm. Still fun to speculate though!

chattownmocs
January 14th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Wow. Back at 10 and well behind coastal and Jacksonville State. I guess we will see.

Mattymc727
January 14th, 2015, 06:46 AM
UNH will probably drop a bit because of the losses at WR,TE, RB, and LT but UNH has another favorable schedule next year and returns a lot on defense. Id be surprised if UNH wasnt at least 8-3 next year, perhaps with a win @ San Jose State to boot.

Daytripper
January 14th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Not being a homer or anything xeyebrowx but I would put SHSU #2 behind the Bison. Losing only two starters on a Semifinal team.

centennial
January 14th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Not being a homer or anything xeyebrowx but I would put SHSU #2 behind the Bison. Losing only two starters on a Semifinal team.
Not sure about calling SHSU number 2. ISU, CCU, UNH are ahead.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2015, 01:21 PM

SHSU will be very good next year for sure. Preseason top 5 for sure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the PL. Fordham, while returning Chase Edmonds and a few other studs, loses A LOT. Bucknell also needs to replace quite a few key pieces to an 8-3 team. In year 3 of the scholarship era, the PL will likely enter the season without a Top 25 and no real favorite.

Grizalltheway
January 14th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I bet Cardale starts for OSU next year. Miller will announce a transfer soon and Barrett in the spring IMO.

Yeah, I don't see anyway you could bench a guy who won the Big 10 title game and two playoff games in his first three starts.

NDSUSR
January 14th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Not sure about calling SHSU number 2. ISU, CCU, UNH are ahead.

I think SHSU should be ahead of UNH and CCU.

Catsfan90
January 15th, 2015, 12:48 AM
I think SHSU should be ahead of UNH and CCU.
What makes you say that?

thebootfitter
January 15th, 2015, 01:28 AM
What makes you say that?
Not sure if this is what NDSUr was thinking, but they do have a lot coming back from a semifinal team that really was peaking at the end of the year.

DFW HOYA
January 15th, 2015, 07:26 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the PL. Fordham, while returning Chase Edmonds and a few other studs, loses A LOT. Bucknell also needs to replace quite a few key pieces to an 8-3 team. In year 3 of the scholarship era, the PL will likely enter the season without a Top 25 and no real favorite.

1. Lafayette
2. Fordham
3. Lehigh
4. Bucknell
5. Colgate
6. Holy Cross
TFN. Georgetown

knucklehead
January 15th, 2015, 07:52 AM
I think 13 is a good starting place for Liberty. Most of the offense is back including Woodrum, Peterson, and Abnar. And Des Rice is back from injury. The defense lost some key players but should be able to reload just fine. Young D guys stepped up nicely last year. I think they have a chance to be even better than 2014. We shall see.

slostang
January 15th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Cal Poly beat #11 Montana State and only lost to #16 Idaho State by 2 on the road last year. They bring back 10 starters on offense including a third year starter at QB. If Cal Poly plugs a few holes on defense (which I believe they have) they will be very tough next year and should be on this list in my opinion.

Catsfan90
January 15th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Cal Poly beat #11 Montana State and only lost to #16 Idaho State by 2 on the road last year. They bring back 10 starters on offense including a third year starter at QB. If Cal Poly plugs a few holes on defense (which I believe they have) they will be very tough next year and should be on this list in my opinion.

Plus those new all black uniforms add a lot of style points.

slostang
January 15th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Plus those new all black uniforms add a lot of style points.
Don't forget to tip your waiter or waitress. :)

Catsfan90
January 15th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Don't forget to tip your waiter or waitress. :)

What?

slostang
January 15th, 2015, 09:52 AM
What?Thought you were trying to be funny like a comedian. Comedians say don't forget to tip the wait staff.

BisonFan02
January 15th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Thought you were trying to be funny like a comedian. Comedians say don't forget to tip the wait staff.

Black unis are extremely menacing and hardcore....no joke required. :D

slostang
January 15th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Black unis are extremely menacing and hardcore....no joke required. :D
And don't forget the bartender. xnodx

Catbooster
January 18th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Not sure I'd put Montana State as high as 11. I agree with the article that our offense should be good, but also agree that our defense needs major improvement. Until I see us playing solid defense, I wouldn't put us near that high.

Promoting Kane Ione to co-defensive coordinator might be a good sign. I guess we'll see later this year.