View Full Version : FCS Coaching salaries

chattownmocs
January 9th, 2015, 12:38 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2015/jan/09/huesman-utc-assistants-rewarded/281804/

So Huesman got a raise to nearly 231K a year through 2020 with a 1+ million buyout. Interesting thing is that Im assuming that buyout is on the school's end if they want to fire him. I dont know if he can walk whenever he wants with no penalty or not.

What I'm really more interested in is that the AD said that this is in the upper echelon of FCS. Is that true? Butch Jones at Tennessee received a raise that puts every sec coach at 3+ million annually. Im assuming that most FBS coordinator jobs would be a major raise for FCS head coaches. Anyway, what are some of the other salaries in the FCS?

clenz
January 9th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Mark Farley - Northern Iowa
$340k base
Monitary bonus to close to 400k
Plus free car and some other things

chattownmocs
January 9th, 2015, 12:43 PM
$340k base

Well, thats a lot more. Know any others?

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Klieman is completing year 1 of a 5 year deal (base salary of 261k and guarantee monies pushing it to 326k)...not sure on a buyout.

Missingnumber7
January 9th, 2015, 01:02 PM
$340k base

Is there really a program that doesn't have a vehicle deal? I know the D2 school in town has vehicle deals in place for the BBall coaches and the FB HC and then cars for recruiting.

clenz
January 9th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Is there really a program that doesn't have a vehicle deal? I know the D2 school in town has vehicle deals in place for the BBall coaches and the FB HC and then cars for recruiting.
I don't know.

I know all head coaches (all sports) get cars and a vast majority of assistants (if not all) get a car from a couple area dealerships

DFW HOYA
January 9th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Is there really a program that doesn't have a vehicle deal?

Not if you're in places like Washington or New York. What good does a car deal do at Columbia?

Sycamore62
January 9th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Not if you're in places like Washington or New York. What good does a car deal do at Columbia?

recruiting trips I would think.

id say a lot of FCS coaches make between 100-200k

Skyhawk71
January 9th, 2015, 07:10 PM
So, no one ever goes for our guy, who finishes upper tier in the OVC every year, with the lowest budget in the OVC, and makes less than every other coach- FYI UTM finished third and destroyed EIU in Charleston, that is fine with the UTM gang, but seriously- there are 6 schools that need to ask why they are paying their guys to lose- and that whole Hatcher to Samford thing- he was destroyed by the SkyHawks every year he was in Murray- and no Samford Bulldogs said a word about the hire- enjoy averaging 62 a game, and losing.............

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2015, 07:27 PM
The source of all sources reports 376K for Dave Brock at Delaware....

centennial
January 9th, 2015, 07:30 PM
231k is probably middle of the pack in the valley. All other FCS conferences you would be close to the top except the CAA maybe.

KPSUL
January 9th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Coach McDonnell's salary (UNH) has been reported several times in the news media the last 18 months to be $255,600. No idea about a bonus, incentives or any other benefits. Everett Withers (JMU) has a reported salary of $350,000.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have any idea what the PL coaches make? Any of them sniff $200k? Perks have to be solid.

Coach Ash at Montana State makes 175k plus other perks. He and wife are members at the nicest club in Bozeman! Plus he gets a Chevy 1500 from a local dealer.

I know Fordham's bball coach makes about $700k. He should give 2/3 of it to Moorhead.

CrazyCat
January 9th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Coach Ash at Montana State makes 175k plus other perks. He and wife are members at nicest club in Bozeman! Plus he gets a truck from a local dealer.

other contract details.

$30,000 for his TV show.
$30,000 for his radio show.
$21,500 for fundraising goals.
$? Football camps(usually gives all that to the asst. coaches)
$18,500 total academic incentives

$10,000 for playing FBS
$10,000 for big sky coach of the year
$7,500 national coach of the year
$5,000 8 win season
$7,500 9 and 10 win seasons
$7,500 playoff bid
$7,500 each round of playoffs
$15,000 Nat. champ. Game
$50,000 win nat. champ

Dane96
January 9th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Coach McDonnell's salary (UNH) has been reported several times in the news media the last 18 months to be $255,600. No idea about a bonus, incentives or any other benefits. Everett Withers (JMU) has a reported salary of $350,000.

255k in Durham is nice, considering the income tax of nil for the State. He probably is taking home $190k a year...plus his bonus, benefits, and racking up pension credits. And he's earned every dollar!!!!

Dane96
January 9th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Greg Gattuso's base at Albany is $230k. I am sure he has plenty of perks (golf club membership, car, clothing allowances, etc.).

Bill
January 9th, 2015, 10:03 PM

How about a parking garage deal? Costs at least $300/month to park for a crappy lot!

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Greg Gattuso's base at Albany is $230k. I am sure he has plenty of perks (golf club membership, car, clothing allowances, etc.).

Good for him. I think the number is considerably lower at some, not all, private schools.

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2015, 08:40 AM
How about a parking garage deal? Costs at least $300/month to park for a crappy lot!

Staten Island - 200 monthly, but again, it's SI. Not exactly Manhatten

SU DOG
January 10th, 2015, 08:41 AM
So, no one ever goes for our guy, who finishes upper tier in the OVC every year, with the lowest budget in the OVC, and makes less than every other coach- FYI UTM finished third and destroyed EIU in Charleston, that is fine with the UTM gang, but seriously- there are 6 schools that need to ask why they are paying their guys to lose- and that whole Hatcher to Samford thing- he was destroyed by the SkyHawks every year he was in Murray- and no Samford Bulldogs said a word about the hire- enjoy averaging 62 a game, and losing.............

Jason Simpson has done a remarkable job at UTM. How he could even still be there is actually strange to me. If, however, I was an A.D. my first choice would have to be Jeremy Chadwell at Chas. Southern. He has probably done more with less than any other FCS coach in the country. I will admit that Hatcher was a surprise hire for us fans at Samford. However, he was hand picked by Pat Sullivan, and we do trust our former HC. He has been impressive with his work ethic since arriving here, and has said all the right things. He has kept the defensive staff practically intact, and that side of the ball will be VERY strong this year. Hopefully, he can tweak our offense to be even better. Interesting season ahead.

Nickels
January 10th, 2015, 08:41 AM
SLC coaches' salaries-

I stole this from geauxcowboys.com
http://www.geauxcowboys.org/forum/download/file.php?id=55

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2015, 08:43 AM
so what kind of car do these coaches drive?

Nickels
January 10th, 2015, 08:55 AM
so what kind of car do these coaches drive?
You know I've never heard of any car deal. Doesn't mean they don't have some kind of company car but I've never heard of one until this thread.

Sycamore62
January 10th, 2015, 10:27 AM
I know ISUb used to have a trade with local dealerships for cars for coaches to use. I don't know if it was for advertising or what.

i want to say Ive heard them called courtesy cars?