PDA

View Full Version : A True American Hero is About to Play his Last Game

Kill'em
November 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Georgia Southern senior defensive end, Charrod Taylor is about to play his final game for The Eagles. Those who don't know his story will be inspired. He served in the military before coming to Georgia Southern. He was stationed aboard the U.S.S. Cole when it was attacked by al-Quaida. He witnessed a lot of death and destruction on the ship. He watched the 2000 National Championship Game and decided he wanted to play for The Eagles when he finished his committment.

All Georgia Southern fans are honored to have "Big Swole" as part of the Eagle family. We will miss his leadership.

ASU Kep
November 15th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Congrats, would love to see you guys get a win to send your seniors off. Those guys played on some hella good teams.

Seahawks Fan
November 16th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Best of luck to a fine young man.

CSU BUCS
November 16th, 2006, 07:25 AM
How many of your schools have veterans on the roster? CSU has 3. I’m willing to bet it’s more common than we think. It’s great that guys can serve their country and still be able to follow their dream of playing college ball.

I give my greatest respect to anyone that serves, because of them I have free will to do what I do today.

majorbta
November 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Brian Stokes on ASU is a veteran. They featured him and him on the late show with Craig Ferguson after we won the NC last year.

lizrdgizrd
November 16th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Thanks to all the vets on and off the field!

GOTOREROS
November 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Great story - thanks to Charrod Taylor and all our veterans!

BillLuc1982
November 17th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Now he is what I call a true hero.