PDA

View Full Version : Elusive Redbirds

NDSUSR
January 9th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Has anyone seen a ISU fan in Frisco yet?

Inquirig minds want to know.

344Johnson
January 9th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Has anyone seen a ISU fan in Frisco yet?

Inquirig minds want to know.

One at our hotel

NDSUSR
January 9th, 2015, 12:55 AM
How pathetic is it that their board wont allow new users until after Saturday?
F#####ng Weak sauce.

Well, I am glad at least one showed up instead of trying to selli their tickets.

gumby013
January 9th, 2015, 01:56 AM
How pathetic is it that their board wont allow new users until after Saturday?
F#####ng Weak sauce.

Well, I am glad at least one showed up instead of trying to selli their tickets.

I saw two running through the hotel lobby; dodging the NDSU fans hauling in 30-packs for that evening's night cap.

NDSUSR
January 9th, 2015, 02:24 AM
I saw two running through the hotel lobby; dodging the NDSU fans hauling in 30-packs for that evening's night cap.
Well thats probably just a smart move on their part.

Bisonoline
January 12th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I found them to be a bit strange. We kept inviting numerous red birds in to our tailgate for food and drink and they looked at us strangely and declined. They would eithER show us a red bird flag or hat and go on their way. We finally got two to join us and they had a great time. Whats up with those people?

Professor Chaos
January 12th, 2015, 08:50 PM
I found them to be a bit strange. We kept inviting numerous red birds in to our tailgate for food and drink and they looked at us strangely and declined. They would eithER show us a red bird flag or hat and go on their way. We finally got two to join us and they had a great time. Whats up with those people?
Well, if they happen to see or hear the message board chatter we do have more than a few dicks in our fan base that make us look like pompous a-holes. That could have something to do with it.

I didn't chat up a lot of Redbird fans at the tailgate but talked to a few at our hotel and at the airport and they were all friendly, before and after the game. It turns out real life interaction between our two fan bases was much more tolerable than the interactions on the message boards xlolx

clenz
January 12th, 2015, 08:56 PM

That's their fan base, in general.

Same thing in St Louis for the MVC basketball tournament. Illinois State fans are few and far between and those that are out on the town are like the most socially awkward at the bar

Wallace
January 12th, 2015, 09:01 PM
That's their fan base, in general. Same thing in St Louis for the MVC basketball tournament. Illinois State fans are few and far between and those that are out on the town are like the most socially awkward at the barUNI fans sure seem to be butthurt by the ILS success and take every chance to denigrate them.

dewey
January 12th, 2015, 09:02 PM
I talked to a former ISU player that graduated in 2000 and now lives in Grand Marais that sat next to me on the plane from MSP to Dallas. He was a super nice guy and we talked football, family and everything else. I also talked to a group of 4 ISU fans behind me and they were super nice as well along with a few other fans from ISU.

Dewey

BisonFan02
January 12th, 2015, 09:04 PM

Lets be honest here....you were asking all Redbird fans if they wanted to see your sausage... xlolx

clenz
January 12th, 2015, 09:19 PM
UNI fans sure seem to be butthurt by the ILS success and take every chance to denigrate them.
What butt hurt?

Illinois State tends to bring one of the smaller factions to the conference tournament every year. They are rarely every seen out in the bar district of down town. Those that are sit at their own tables and refuse to take part in the overall festivities of Arch Madness.

This has nothing to do with success. It was pointed out that no redbird fans were found and those that were seemed strangely distant. I pointed out that seems to be the norm for them

You also seem to be butthurt by everyone pointing out your extreme drug use and misuse of donated money to pay for your drug habit and subsequent running this board into the ground to the point it was reclaimed by the hosts

Wallace
January 12th, 2015, 09:37 PM
... You also seem to be butthurt by everyone pointing out your extreme drug use and misuse of donated money to pay for your drug habit and subsequent running this board into the ground to the point it was reclaimed by the hostsWhat an ignorant person you are, but then again your lies and stupidity have already been noted here many times. Hide behind your fake name here and slander others... what a minute weasel you are. POS.

NDSUSR
January 12th, 2015, 09:38 PM
What butt hurt?

Illinois State tends to bring one of the smaller factions to the conference tournament every year. They are rarely every seen out in the bar district of down town. Those that are sit at their own tables and refuse to take part in the overall festivities of Arch Madness.

This has nothing to do with success. It was pointed out that no redbird fans were found and those that were seemed strangely distant. I pointed out that seems to be the norm for them

You also seem to be butthurt by everyone pointing out your extreme drug use and misuse of donated money to pay for your drug habit and subsequent running this board into the ground to the point it was reclaimed by the hosts

DAMN! SMACKDOWN!

Wallace
January 12th, 2015, 09:42 PM
DAMN! SMACKDOWN!
Easy to do if all you have are lies, ask Clutz (little idiot hiding)

clenz
January 12th, 2015, 09:43 PM
What an ignorant person you are, but then again your lies and stupidity have already been noted here many times. Hide behind your fake name here and slander others... what a minute weasel you are. POS.

Again...what fake name?

How am I hiding behind a fake name?

How many screennames have you had here Ralph Wallace? Especially during a time period you were banning anyone and everyone you suspected of having multiple screennames

- - - Updated - - -

Easy to do if all you have are lies, ask Clutz (little idiot hiding)

Ah...name calling.

Quite mature of someone your age to be doing.

Wallace
January 12th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Again...what fake name? How am I hiding behind a fake name? How many screennames have you had here Ralph Wallace? Especially during a time period you were banning anyone and everyone you suspected of having multiple screennames.
Your fake name idiot. Continue lying and you will believe it is true. It is your MO. I am done playing your stupid game and I leave you rolling in your putrid slop. 88

BisonFan02
January 12th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Your fake name idiot. Continue lying and you will believe it is true. It is your MO. I am done playing your stupid game and I leave you rolling in your putrid slop. 88

Ouch.....ok....will I?....is it?....ok....Marion? :D

clenz
January 12th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I'm still confused.... What's my fake name?

If I'm lying about my name I've done a damn good job of it as the US, Canadian and Mexican government all believe who I am. As do the bank in charge if my mortgage, car loan, student loan.

My parents are to blame really. Putting this fake name on a birth certificate nearly 27 years ago.

BisonFan02
January 12th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I'm still confused.... What's my fake name?

If I'm lying about my name I've done a damn good job of it as the US, Canadian and Mexican government all believe who I am. As do the bank in charge if my mortgage, car loan, student loan.

My parents are to blame really. Putting this fake name on a birth certificate nearly 27 years ago.

Leonard Washington?

BisonBacker
January 12th, 2015, 10:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

BisonFan02
January 12th, 2015, 10:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

https://i.imgflip.com/gbx2k.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/gbx2k)

NDSUSR
January 12th, 2015, 10:36 PM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/i3taxk.jpg

Wallace
January 13th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Wentz is one awesome mofo that performed a bit better than the elusive Redbird Tre Roberson

Bisonator
January 13th, 2015, 09:04 AM
xpopcornx

marenlee
January 13th, 2015, 10:10 AM

I thought that was very strange. They all kept giving you weird looks like it was going to be a trap. Maybe they're not used to the hospitality? I did have a good time with the Redbird fans next to us.

I kinda have to agree with Clenz also. Most of the Redbird fans secluded themselves in Tailgate town and the East lots and refused to come by the West lots.

clenz
January 13th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I thought that was very strange. They all kept giving you weird looks like it was going to be a trap. Maybe they're not used to the hospitality? I did have a good time with the Redbird fans next to us.

I kinda have to agree with Clenz also. Most of the Redbird fans secluded themselves in Tailgate town and the East lots and refused to come by the West lots.
QUIT BEING BUTTHURT BY ISUR SUCCESS AND HIDING BEHIND A FAKE NAME!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 13th, 2015, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to understand this "success". They get a FBS transfer, pop off a few wins, and make the championship game.

Ask Towson how long that lasts. I'd take UNI's sustained success over ISUr's fleeting success any day.

Missingnumber7
January 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I'm trying to understand this "success". They get a FBS transfer, pop off a few wins, and make the championship game.

Ask Towson how long that lasts. I'd take UNI's sustained success over ISUr's fleeting success any day.

Be careful dissing FBS transfers...the SHSU folks might take exception to it.

deez_na
January 13th, 2015, 11:59 AM
The few I ran into seemed alright and had fun chatting. We ran into 2 Ill St. guys who were a QB and WR together at Dodies Bar and they said they played under Urban Meyer which was pretty cool. I tried high fiving a gal to my right during the game after we took a lead and she gave me the "not a chance" and a mean look. I found out she was a Sam Houston St fan that was their watching hoping NDSU would lose. lol

NDSUSR
January 13th, 2015, 01:13 PM

Its hard to disagree with this.

PantherRob82
January 13th, 2015, 01:15 PM
UNI fans sure seem to be butthurt by the ILS success and take every chance to denigrate them.

Or that's just how a lot of their fans are.

Pyroshane
January 13th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I spent about a half hour wandering through the area they congregated to in the West lot, doing shots and talking about the game. We also got a few to come back to our tailgate after the game for more shots, and even had them wearing our "May the 4th be with you" shirts by the time they left. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them I encountered.

Redbird Ray
January 13th, 2015, 02:04 PM
The thing about ISU is that the overwhelming majority of the students and alums give zero ****s about Redbird athletics (especially football). FCS football is far down on the sports priority totem pole for most associated with ISU. Not to sound like a dick, but it's true.

ISU's hardcore fans tend to either be a bit nerdy (honestly, everyone that posts on a message board pretty much is) or DB bandwagoners. So most of the ISU fans that you likely encounter on the road or at Arch Madness in STL are either naturally sort of socially awkward or drunk-coked out southsiders (think tan bro Rob Lowe).

clenz
January 13th, 2015, 04:58 PM
. So most of the ISU fans that you likely encounter on the road or at Arch Madness in STL are either naturally sort of socially awkward or drunk-coked out southsiders (think tan bro Rob Lowe).

Best description yet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
January 13th, 2015, 06:23 PM
My impression is that the ISUr fans didn't mingle much. I was very surprised to see such a huge gathering of them in Tailgate Town and so few in other places. When I saw them in the stands, I was truly surprised at the size of their crowd -- especially considering how absent they were elsewhere. To their credit, their fans in the stands were definitely loud and into the game.

The few random Redbird fans I did meet at tailgating and out at restaurants were certainly nice. I had very positive interactions with them, but I was definitely the one to initiate the interactions. I suppose I can understand. They were probably a bit overwhelmed, both at the sheer number of Bison fans and also the fact that it was their first time whereas it is like a comfortable vacation home by now to many Bison fans.

Redbird Recon
January 13th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Had a ton of fun meeting fans from NDSU, but I'll admit I didn't do a ton of co-mingling. That had more to do with seeing friends I hadn't in awhile. I stayed in Richardson where the herd wasn't quite as heavy, but the ones who stayed at the same hotel were good folks. They have every right to show the pride that they do. I've now seen the Bison play in Normal, Fargo and Frisco. Class act every time. Good luck going forward. A rematch next year would be a lot of fun!

ISUMatt
January 13th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Honestly we were told that the entire town would be green and yellow so Redbird Nation planned some get togethers away from the popular joints. We also had a big pep rally at the hotel Friday so I know a lot of folks were there. As for my group we went to the Cotton Bowl with inside the stadium access, Lockhart's for lunch Friday, checked out the stadium, beer at The Londoner, watched open practice, then a fan get together at Katy's.
As for game attendance, we showed well and we were loud!! We sold our allotment of tickets and showed up. Big difference is 97% flew in instead of having big tailgating buses, which were pretty sweet!!

Here's my proof I was there, I have the hat on in the third row with the black had hood behind the guy with the large hood.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/d04436e0a45ab4efb4b27432e352103a.jpg

ISUMatt

Bisonator
January 13th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I see you found the gigapixel panorama. xthumbsupx

ISUMatt
January 14th, 2015, 05:51 AM
Yea, it's pretty Damn sweet

ISUMatt

BISON Thunder
January 14th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I can only hope fellow Bison fans were as gracious and enjoyable to talk with, as the Redbird fans I had the opportunity to meet. To the Redbird fan I met behind the handicap seating area in the SE corner...you hit the nail on the head! Thank you to the Illinois State fans for helping make the event even more fun. Regarding the game, I have no idea if Roberson plays as well every week as he did Saturday...but he definitely has IT. Says the right things before and after the game, fast, quick, smart, strong. I suspect he will be playing football for many years to come. Redbird fans should be very proud!!

thebootfitter
January 14th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I see you found the gigapixel panorama.
I looked and looked, but I couldn't find me and my crew. We were in a corner by the scoreboard next to the stage, so the angle isn't very good. Some faces in that area are a little blurred. But something doesn't quite seem to mesh between my memory and the photo of the area.

Hammerhead
January 15th, 2015, 09:58 PM
I had to pull up the TV broadcast where they panned across our sideline at the beginning to find me to find good landmarks to look for (a bright yellow cowboy hat down a few rows) and all you can see is half my face as we are on the other end. Mrs. Hammerhead is totally hidden.

Vitojr130
January 15th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Saturday night we were trolling McKinney Ave near downtown Dallas hitting up the bar scene and we ran into a group of some redbird fans. We had a drink and talked about the game and what next year looks like. They were pleasant people to hang out with.

Houndawg
January 17th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Well, if they happen to see or hear the message board chatter we do have more than a few dicks in our fan base that make us look like pompous a-holes. That could have something to do with it.

I didn't chat up a lot of Redbird fans at the tailgate but talked to a few at our hotel and at the airport and they were all friendly, before and after the game. It turns out real life interaction between our two fan bases was much more tolerable than the interactions on the message boards xlolx

Yeah you do. I wandered around with a bottle of Buffalo Trace - not a single one would share a drink of one of our nation's finest bourbons and only two would even speak to me. These folk stick close to their $500,000 RVs and avoid eye contact with strangers. Next time they come to town I'm going to round up the pan-handlers from the strip and drop them off at their tailgate...xlolx

OSBF
January 17th, 2015, 07:56 AM
I spent about a half hour wandering through the area they congregated to in the West lot, doing shots and talking about the game. We also got a few to come back to our tailgate after the game for more shots, and even had them wearing our "May the 4th be with you" shirts by the time they left. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them I encountered.

Sounds like that was our tailgate.

2 pop-up canopy tents with a flagpole?

We had in excess of 200 shots pre-poured in these little plastic cup things

OSBF
January 17th, 2015, 08:06 AM

Sorry that I'm just now getting back to reply

I was SICK as a dog the whole weekend in frisco and was barely able to stay out of the hospital when we got back home

Just now starting to feel like I'm gonna make it

ANYWAY......................back to the topic at hand

I can't really answer your question as to why, but yes you're pretty much on the money

During our pre-game tailgating I got butt raped for being too friendly to the NDSU folks that were wandering through the West red lot

Met a very nice couple wearing green and yellow fur coats

Met a nice guy dressed like the pope, that get up was just an instant classic

and for trying to be sociable even when I felt like warmed over ass, I was accused of "sucking their little boy parts"

I don't get it at all

We've got this segment of our fanbase that likes playing the butthole role

I don't get it

REALBird
January 23rd, 2015, 04:01 PM
Met and interacted with many, many Bison fans before, during and after the game. I chatted up some stranger in the NW corner of the stadium about how he may need a new jacket that said "4 time Champions" while waiting FOREVER for my wife and daughter to come out of the restroom. We agreed, it would be a nice problem to have.....LOL.

I chatted up a Bison fan and his son right in Section 108 all game long. Nary a word of smack, but we both appreciated a good game. He left right after ISU scored to go ahead and was planning his 14 hour drive back home. We exchanged well wishes, compliments about our teams and departed game day friends.

I saw a large contingent of Bison fans coming to greet their team as they got off the bus. I quickly asked "Did you guys bring the whole state?" Good for a few good laughs. I even commented that the only thing left in North Dakota was the family dog, and he probably has the game on!

Not a drinker, and although I drove down....I was going back early the next day. No drinks for me the missus as we have 12 1/2 hours of hauling tail to get back to Normal on Sunday. Thankfully, no one asked me to share a sip, as I would have declined anywho.

I think having won 3 times and getting there a 4th time, you guys at NDSU are pros at this stuff. Win or lose, you would have enjoyed the ride and the experience. Most of us were hell bent on seeing our team win, or at least not piss down our leg. No time for pleasantries, it was more of a "business trip". I think if we are lucky enough to make it back next year, we'll loosen up a bit and enjoy the ride a bit more.

For many....this could have been a once in a lifetime experience, so we were more than a little closed off and distant.

dewey
January 23rd, 2015, 11:59 PM
In hindsight it might, maybe, have been a good idea to do an AGS meet up in the tailgating lots before they game.

Dewey

Bisonoline
January 24th, 2015, 12:13 AM
In hindsight it might, maybe, have been a good idea to do an AGS meet up in the tailgating lots before they game.

Dewey

Next year I will have flashing Green and yellow lights on our tailgate trailer to make it easier to find. xnodx They came in the mail today.xthumbsupx

TransAmBison
January 26th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Met a very nice couple wearing green and yellow fur coats

That was my wife and I! We talked with a lot of Redbirds throughout that tailgate before and after the game. All were very classy and very friendly. I was happy to see how the fanbases were intermingling the whole time.