PDA

View Full Version : CALL FOR PATSY RATING NEEDS 2015

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2015, 11:27 AM
With the new year here it seems like a good time to get this started again - and to basically say I'm going to try to continue this craziness for one more year. I don't anticipate any methodology changes from last season, unless someone offers me an overwhelmingly compelling case.

Also, here's my take on Lehigh's needs for this recruiting class.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/12/lfns-2014-mountain-hawk-recruiting.html

Call it:

1) RB
2) DL
3) DB

RichH2
January 7th, 2015, 11:42 AM
1.RB
1.D staff
2.TE
3.DL
4.Best athlete any position

ngineer
January 7th, 2015, 01:21 PM
PK also, though I understand we have a verbal from a highly rated kicker.

RichH2
January 7th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Apparently 2 P/K s in the fold.

Pard4Life
January 7th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Pards

1) WR
2) ... OL
3) TE

Outside of WR, not really sure about the next needs. We have some strong depth at the moment. Could always use DL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2015, 04:37 PM
For Lehigh I'd go..

1. DL
2. CB
3. RB

DFW HOYA
January 7th, 2015, 05:13 PM
1. Ummm...45 scholarships? xlolx

Seriously, I'll add something tomorrow.

Gater
January 7th, 2015, 07:36 PM
For Colgate I'd say:
1. QB
2. TE
3. DB

ngineer
January 7th, 2015, 08:04 PM
For Lehigh, I'd also add a new 'attitude' on defense.

breezy
January 7th, 2015, 09:21 PM
For Holy Cross:

Recruiting needs driven primarily by need for depth. The following areas have the largest gaps created by graduating seniors.

1. OL
2. QB
3. (tie) LB
3. (tie) WR

Southsider
January 8th, 2015, 07:05 AM

I'd go with a new attitude across the board, starting at the top! Is it just me, or do others see the MBB team/coaches mirroring the FB team? Flat, just not into it....yes, I know they beat Army last night.........

DFW HOYA
January 8th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Georgetown's 2015 class is the third where it is competing with the scholarship PL teams. The level of recruit available to Georgetown has probably dropped below the PL level, so the seniors will be the last group where there was the illusion of a level playing field with the other six.

Needs:

1. OL
2. DL
3. QB

PAllen
January 8th, 2015, 09:57 AM

How about just a new defense, period.

bison137
January 8th, 2015, 05:23 PM
For a change, Bucknell has no immediate needs - only players for down-the-road. Viewed that way, I'd say the #1 might be OL - but only for the future. I'll have to think on the rest.

There are developmental needs everywhere except safety - but no immediate needs. The DL situation looked good until the unfortunate spinal cord injury to DT Robert Naylor removed one starter. Also on that side of the ball, BU graduates two All-PL LB's, but they had two frosh this year who have the potential to be good. At CB they return both starters - good athletes but both small. Could use a fast CB with some size, and definitely need more depth at that position.

On the other side of the ball, there is some need of a QB to develop and also some need for depth at WR and at TE. Will think on it and respond. JDB?

van
January 8th, 2015, 07:17 PM
a difference maker at any position would be welcome, biggest needs are RB, QB and DL

ngineer
January 8th, 2015, 07:26 PM
a difference maker at any position would be welcome, biggest needs are RB, QB and DL

QB? We already have three plus two on the way. In terms of depth for the future, I think the defensive side of the ball is in the most need. Without a revamped D, we go nowhere regardless of the points we score.

RichH2
January 8th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Dont see a priority at QB. Difference makers are always a priority hopefully at a position of need. Look at this class 5 LBs for a position not at the top of the priority list. At least 3 are potential difference makers. We need CBs,TE,DL,RB. All of them will be filled hopefully with difference makers.

Fordham
January 8th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Fordham:

QB
DB
WR

van
January 9th, 2015, 10:08 AM
QB? We already have three plus two on the way. In terms of depth for the future, I think the defensive side of the ball is in the most need. Without a revamped D, we go nowhere regardless of the points we score.

agree on the D, but QB situation is Shaf (with shoulder surgery), Timo..... (untested and could not displace Shaf) and one other that I know nothing of, don't see us meeting expectations with that cast, now if D starts to hold opps to less than 20 pts I will be satisfied with vanilla O

caribbeanhen
January 9th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Delaware - fan interest and a few DL

citdog
January 9th, 2015, 08:47 PM
1. Courage
2. Heart

ngineer
January 9th, 2015, 10:09 PM
agree on the D, but QB situation is Shaf (with shoulder surgery), Timo..... (untested and could not displace Shaf) and one other that I know nothing of, don't see us meeting expectations with that cast, now if D starts to hold opps to less than 20 pts I will be satisfied with vanilla O

Yes, I was not aware of Shaf's surgery, though initial prognosis is optimistic. Still, while there are some bodies, the experience level is thin

carney2
January 10th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Lafayette:

1. OL (A need that has become so perpetual on College Hill that I'm not sure plugging in some new bodies will change anything. This may be the position where all that Squawk talk about attitude change may be relevant.)

2. WR (On the verge of wasting some good QBs)

3. DL (Probably need one or two to be game ready in September)

K is a problem, but there are 2 on the way in the door. And I never thought that K was a relevant Patsy need - let's talk football players.

May need a marquis (pun intended) RB, but the jury is still out on last year's largely untested backup brigade.

Defensive Coordinator Art Link needs two special hybrid players, one LB and one DL, to play his preferred 4-2-5. Last year he made do with what was in house. These hybrid "front 7" guys are probably a priority.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Defensive Coordinator Art Link needs two special hybrid players, one LB and one DL, to play his preferred 4-2-5. Last year he made do with what was in house. These hybrid "front 7" guys are probably a priority.

This is an interesting issue. If I didn't have a linkage to position I'd say this was the No. 3 need of Lehigh as well, this "hybrid" DB/LB type player. But it's not an official Patsy position. To capture it I simply put it as "DB", but IMO that's not exactly right. What to do?

RichH2
January 10th, 2015, 10:44 AM
This is an interesting issue. If I didn't have a linkage to position I'd say this was the No. 3 need of Lehigh as well, this "hybrid" DB/LB type player. But it's not an official Patsy position. To capture it I simply put it as "DB", but IMO that's not exactly right. What to do?
For us its replacing Campbell. Robb and Verdon next up. Very difficult spot to fill at our level. Speed,size,athleticism are requisites.

carney2
January 10th, 2015, 11:53 AM

My guess is that this "special" player would enter as a LB and not a DB, but it could go the other way I guess, depending on the player.

Andy
January 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Lafayette:

DB - of the 11 rostered for 2015, 6 are srs including 3 starters. If we consider "strike" LB a Safety, even worse, as starter and backup are both srs. Also, the 6 sr returnees assumes 2 starters go through with the pain in the butt redshirt procedure.

WR - 6 total rostered all underclassmen, some considerable talent in the group, but need quality numbers

OL - lose 3 sr starters, lots of question marks among the backups

FB - 2 srs rostered, that's it

TE - 4 return, 2 sr starters and 2 sophs

Biggest 2015 questions for LC - OL and status of DL returning from injury. (assuming, also, that our 2 QBs return from surgery. Yikes!)

RichH2
January 12th, 2015, 07:28 PM
You are not alone Andy. Nick had shoulder surgery on his throwing arm. Starting RBs,Yosha career ending,Leigh surgery. Starting OT Duffy ,shoulder surgery.

Lehigh'98
January 12th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Heard Holy Cross has let go of its offensive coaches!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 12th, 2015, 08:18 PM

If true you got the memo before Crossports! Gilmore had to do something imo.

Next year is big for LU, LC, HC. All 3 need to step of their game....

Franks Tanks
January 12th, 2015, 09:19 PM

They must be priming for that move to the Big East!

Catsfan90
January 13th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Can I ask a stupid question?.........what is a patsy rating?

DFW HOYA
January 13th, 2015, 04:10 AM
Can I ask a stupid question?.........what is a patsy rating?

Unofficial ranking of PL recruits. The six scholarship schools are evaluated soon after signing day, while Georgetown's follows in mid-May while it fills out its class then.

carney2
January 13th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Next year is big for LU, LC, HC. All 3 need to step of their game....

LU needs a defense and a QB.

LC needs to survive a probable 0-3 start.

HC needs to get consistent.

Good luck to all three.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 13th, 2015, 11:47 AM

Good luck to all three.

You forgot "Fordham has to replace their team except for Chase Edmonds, and maybe their head coach"

RichH2
January 13th, 2015, 12:37 PM

Good luck to all three.
:) Well for LU ,a RB and a D. Shaf with procedure on his throwing shoulder,if successful,should be our QB. If not then LU will need some patience until 16.

ngineer
January 13th, 2015, 12:39 PM
:) Well for LU ,a RB and a D. Shaf with procedure on his throwing shoulder,if successful,should be our QB. If not then LU will need some patience until 16.

If Shaf can't go, I think Timchenko is physically capable of doing the job. How he masters the play book will be determined.

Sammy94
January 13th, 2015, 12:53 PM
1) LB
2) LB
3) LB
4) DB
....... who cares about needs, I'm sure we will see a few new transfers in the key spots.

RichH2
January 13th, 2015, 01:14 PM
If Shaf can't go, I think Timchenko is physically capable of doing the job. How he masters the play book will be determined.
Hope so. Two years in a row breaking in a new QB is tough. Dont doubt he has the physical ability.

Andy
January 13th, 2015, 01:51 PM
You forgot "Fordham has to replace their team except for Chase Edmonds, and maybe their head coach"

Are statements on the FU board about 26 to give true? !!

RichH2
January 13th, 2015, 02:39 PM
About right bymy count but we can give 30 this year ,if so desired.

Andy
January 13th, 2015, 04:22 PM
About right bymy count but we can give 30 this year ,if so desired.

Desire and the room up to 60. My team has neither. Fifteen per for us. 26 scholarship athletes in one class. In a sense guaranteeing you're in the championship hunt at least once in every cycle.

heath
January 13th, 2015, 05:01 PM
For us its replacing Campbell. Robb and Verdon next up. Very difficult spot to fill at our level. Speed,size,athleticism are requisites.
Are you being sarcastic about Campbell? He royally got screwed on PT as the season went on. His best season was not this past one. I blame a new staff with some of the horrible position changes and schemes. Isaiah was voted team captain by his peers and treated like a frosh by the coaches.xconfusedx

RichH2
January 13th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Are you being sarcastic about Campbell? He royally got screwed on PT as the season went on. His best season was not this past one. I blame a new staff with some of the horrible position changes and schemes. Isaiah was voted team captain by his peers and treated like a frosh by the coaches.xconfusedx
Dont disgree. Have serious doobts about D staff. Regardless of PT ,he was the best at the hybrid LB/S position. His misuse not his fault.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 16th, 2015, 12:37 PM
It's coming this week...

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-2015-patsy-ratings-ranking.html