PDA

View Full Version : State of the CAA

Catsfan90
December 26th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I was very careful before posting this because I wanted to ensure that no other thread like this existed. As I found none of them I decided it was alright. If anyone knows of a thread like this already in existance, please let me know an I will delete this IOT post to that previous thread.

Well, the season Is over for all other conferences not named MVFC as everyones aware. This has me looking back at how the season went for CAA football and a few questions have been popping into my head. I was interested in getting everyones opinion on some of them, as well as adding some of their own questions/ ideas/ points for the season that CAA football just completed, and where their future will end up.

1. North VS South: A few years ago namely when HOFSTRA and Northerastern dropped football, there was a lot of talk about how the northern states in the CAA were in trouble. The future / talk were grim and teams like UNH, Rhode island, And Maine all had to look seriously into either dropping football entirely- or moving into other confrences such as the NEC or Patriot. Since than do people feel as though the CAA north situation is still grim? or has adding teams like SBU and albany greatly improved their outcome?

2. Does having a team like URI greatly bring down our conference perception, or is there any chance of their improving in the near future?: URI just seems to be plain awful. And to make matters worse, they are more interested in their basketball program than improving football. Should their ever be a point where the confrence says enough is enough? or will URI eventually pull themselves together.

3. Elon had a rough first year in the CAA. Do they have the framework in place to improve in the next few years? or will they water down the confrence and be another doormat like URI. I would love to see them on track with Albany, and SBU with how fast their programs improving.

4. How does the CAA matchup with other confrences moving forward? will we remain strong and relevant against other confrences? or will we slowly fade into obscurity as other confrence powerhouses continue to improve and succeed?

Please feel free to add any other points/ ideas/ questions you may have about te state of the CAA.

MR. CHICKEN
December 26th, 2014, 04:50 PM
203981. CAA NORFF...IS OK...STONY/ALBANY FIXED IT!
2. RHODEY STINKS.....BUT USUALLAH....SO DOES....W.CAROLINA/WEBER ST./NICHOLLS/INDIANA ST.....EVERAH CONFERENCE HAS UH BOTTOM FEEDER!
3. ELON COOD GET GOOD.....MAYBEAH/MAYBEAH NOT!
4. CAA RELEVANT & STRONG....SOMEBODAH...ALWAYS GOES DEEP IN DUH DANCE!

mmiller_34
December 26th, 2014, 05:38 PM
203981. CAA NORFF...IS OK...STONY/ALBANY FIXED IT!
2. RHODEY STINKS.....BUT USUALLAH....SO DOES....W.CAROLINA/WEBER ST./NICHOLLS/INDIANA ST.....EVERAH CONFERENCE HAS UH BOTTOM FEEDER!
3. ELON COOD GET GOOD.....MAYBEAH/MAYBEAH NOT!
4. CAA RELEVANT & STRONG....SOMEBODAH...ALWAYS GOES DEEP IN DUH DANCE!

Check it Chicken. I got your point--ISU(B) is the usual--but it is safe to put in there USD now.

CAA/Southland/Big Sky will always have a very strong team come out of the conference.

frozennorth
December 26th, 2014, 06:12 PM
What's the deal with rhode island?

hebmskebm
December 26th, 2014, 07:01 PM

The only way they could care about football less is by dropping the program outright. I don't think they want to do that, but they're uninterested in making the investment needed to make the program competitive. They seem to be content with just fielding a team.

Remember they were all set to join the NEC until the addition of Albany and SBU made the CAA a little more hospitable, at least geographically.

Catsfan90
December 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM
The only way they could care about football less is by dropping the program outright. I don't think they want to do that, but they're uninterested in making the investment needed to make the program competitive. They seem to be content with just fielding a team.

I am still confused as to why they backed out of moving to the NEC just to keep on continuing down their current path.

hebmskebm
December 26th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I am still confused as to why they backed out of moving to the NEC just to keep on continuing down their current path.

Whoops, replied above. The addition of more northeast schools swayed them to stay. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually left anyway.

Catsfan90
December 26th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Whoops, replied above. The addition of more northeast schools swayed them to stay. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually left anyway.

I would love to see Monmouth replace them someday. It's a good program with a lot of interest in improving and growing, Just my opinion.

hebmskebm
December 26th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I would love to see Monmouth replace them someday. It's a good program with a lot of interest in improving and growing, Just my opinion.

I'd like to see them there too. But as other posters have mentioned, they need better facilities first. They announced plans for a new stadium but they still have a number of hurdles to jump before it's finished.

UNHWildcat18
December 26th, 2014, 07:40 PM
URI was dropping down schollies for two years then decided to stay. That plus bad coaching and school support are why they are in the position they are in... Still beat Towson haha, I think the CAA will be fine and even better in the next few years. Was a down year overall for most of the conference

KPSUL
December 26th, 2014, 07:49 PM
The CAA is well balanced North and South. The only reason the conference would have a problem going back to two divisions would be splitting DE and NOVA and creating a situation where they wouldn't play every year.
Things also look good for the foreseeable future. I think the only team seriously considering a move to the FBS is JMU. Everyone else, except maybe RI who may be looking down, not up, are happy in the CAA. Actually, there are probably more teams willing to jump to the CAA than considering leaving. Even if JMU and URI were to leave, it is still a 10 team conference.
Every conference with 10 or more teams has a couple weaker teams, it's a non-issue. Elon has a stronger desire to build a solid football program than URI.
I think that the CAA is going to be much more balanced next season. UNH and Villanova both retain starting QBs, but have other holes to fill including their top RBs and WRs and a bunch of OL & DL.

Dave195
December 26th, 2014, 08:13 PM

Solid opinion lol

Dave195
December 26th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I'd like to see them there too. But as other posters have mentioned, they need better facilities first. They announced plans for a new stadium but they still have a number of hurdles to jump before it's finished.

Still need to do some more fundraising. The new stadium was to be ready for this upcoming season. It's on hold until the 2015 season at the earliest now :(

Wallace
December 26th, 2014, 08:40 PM
1. CAA NORFF...IS OK...STONY/ALBANY FIXED IT!
2. RHODEY STINKS.....BUT USUALLAH....SO DOES....W.CAROLINA/WEBER ST./NICHOLLS/INDIANA ST...
INS was not stinky this year, in college ball you have to go year by year... maybe INS could have destroyed the CAA AQ this year

tribefan40
December 26th, 2014, 10:43 PM
INS could have destroyed the CAA AQ this year

Link?

CAA is solid. Still had a final four and 2 quarter final teams in a very down year.

citdog
December 27th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks for taking elon.

UNHWildcat18
December 27th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Thanks for taking elon.

Ugh for once I can't be mad at you, we took a program thats been ****ty for years.... that still sucked ass this year. wish we had taken CCU for a southern team.

citdog
December 27th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Ugh for once I can't be mad at you, we took a program thats been ****ty for years.... that still sucked ass this year. wish we had taken CCU for a southern team.

Most of their students are from off anyway.

UNHWildcat18
December 27th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Still need to do some more fundraising. The new stadium was to be ready for this upcoming season. It's on hold until the 2015 season at the earliest now :(

So you guys couldn't add a student section like UNH's or even temporary away bleachers if you wanted to when it's done without zoning approval?

Mattymc727
December 27th, 2014, 12:29 PM
CAA is fine, will still be a power conference. We just need Delaware and W&M to step it up to their usual level. Having them not be playoff contenders is odd but Im hoping short term.

Who would have thought years ago that Maine and UNH would win the CAA outright in back to back years? The North shall rise again!!!!

DFW HOYA
December 27th, 2014, 12:40 PM
The CAA will be fine.

This thread could be the same narrative for the Patriot League, substituting Fordham for the references to JMU, Lehigh for Delaware, Colgate for W&M...and Georgetown for Rhode Island.

Sader87
December 27th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I'm (stubbornly) still of the belief that Nova will leave the CAA for the PL (football only) at some point. It just makes too much sense.

Could be in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years...but I think it will happen at some point.

DFW HOYA
December 27th, 2014, 03:05 PM
I'm (stubbornly) still of the belief that Nova will leave the CAA for the PL (football only) at some point. It just makes too much sense.
Could be in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years...but I think it will happen at some point.

And Fordham could leave the PL for the CAA. Both are not very likely.

The PL membership doesn't change until further notice unless the leadership decides to add Monmouth as an insurance policy if Georgetown considers going as an independent.

Sader87
December 27th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Institutionally/geographically, the PL makes a lot more sense for VU than does the CAA.

I know Talley has been against such a move, but ultimately I think that TPTB on the Main-Line would rather play Georgetown, Fordham, Holy Cross and local schools like Lafayette and Lehigh than their CAA counterparts moving forward. We shall see.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 27th, 2014, 04:13 PM
CAA football was one QB concussion away from the national championship game, IMO. Nova and UNH were justifiable Top Ten FCS powerhouses, and will likely be so once the final poll is tallied.

The million dollar question in regards to the CAA concerns the actions of Conference USA. Will they kick out UAB for not having football? (It seems likely, but it's not certain yet.) If so, will CUSA look for another member? (Also seems likely.) If so, would JMU be an option? (Possible.)

If JMU were to bolt for FBS for whatever reason the delicate balance between football-only members (Richmond, Villanova, UNH, Maine, Albany, Stony Brook, URI) and remaining full CAA members (Delaware, W&M, Towson, Elon) would be sorely tested. It's already very tenuous (IMO) with the 7-5 breakdown already - a 7-4 breakdown could be fatal.

zilla
December 27th, 2014, 04:36 PM
If JMU were to bolt for FBS for whatever reason the delicate balance between football-only members (Richmond, Villanova, UNH, Maine, Albany, Stony Brook, URI) and remaining full CAA members (Delaware, W&M, Towson, Elon) would be sorely tested. It's already very tenuous (IMO) with the 7-5 breakdown already - a 7-4 breakdown could be fatal.

Easy...just give Coastal an invite to fill JMU's void. xthumbsupx

KPSUL
December 27th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I think JMU hired their 1st FBS Head Coach a year ago. Everett Withers took a huge pay cut when he left Ohio State (D Coordinator) to take the JMU job. If they don't make the move to FBS in the next year or two I suspect Withers will make the move without them.

ngineer
December 27th, 2014, 08:58 PM

With Talley now leaving, and PL being at four year scholarship level in two more seasons, I think the 3-5 year time frame is quite possible for VU to join the PL.

Go...gate
December 27th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Did Talley announce his retirement?

DFW HOYA
December 27th, 2014, 09:38 PM
With Talley now leaving, and PL being at four year scholarship level in two more seasons, I think the 3-5 year time frame is quite possible for VU to join the PL.

Al Bagnoli (Penn) is leaving, not Andy Talley.

Wild optimism aside, the CAA is still a better home for the Cats than the PL. Better chance to make the playoffs as an at-large, the same spend, and not a perceived "deemphasis" to fans as most would see a move to the PL.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:24 PM
The state of the CAA? Has anyone answered "below par" yet?
Do I win?

ngineer
December 27th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I thought I read sometime ago that this was Talley's last year. Maybe I melded him with Bagnoli, which at my age can occur. Will have to go check .

MR. CHICKEN
December 28th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Do I win?

20400.....NEW HAMPSHIRE....WAS UH 'CATS WHISKER......FROM SLAYIN'..ONE UH TWO .......MIGHTY DRAGONS.......O' DUH VALLEY...."BELOW PAR"....NOT HARDLAH...xsmhx...'NOVA SHOWED UP TOO....xnodx....BRAWK!

.........YEAH...YOU WIN...."DWEEB POST OF 2014"...ALL-DOUGH....YA SHARE WHIFF CLENZ.....FO' MANY UH HIS....xnutsx...AWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

MR. CHICKEN
December 28th, 2014, 07:30 AM
INS was not stinky this year, in college ball you have to go year by year... maybe INS could have destroyed the CAA AQ this year

20401....NOTICE...AH SAID USUALLAH......DEY WERE LUMPED IN WHIFF ASSORTED PERENNIAL LOSERS......FO' DEY'RE MASSIVE BODAH UH ACHIEVEMENT....xnodx....AWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

Dane96
December 28th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Institutionally/geographically, the PL makes a lot more sense for VU than does the CAA.

I know Talley has been against such a move, but ultimately I think that TPTB on the Main-Line would rather play Georgetown, Fordham, Holy Cross and local schools like Lafayette and Lehigh than their CAA counterparts moving forward. We shall see.

And you (and your ilk) would rather play BC. But I digress...

Sader87
December 28th, 2014, 11:07 AM
And you (and your ilk) would rather play BC. But I digress...

Yes but difference being, BC will be an occasional OOC tilt not a league membah.

I'm not waiting with bated breath for VU to join the PL. I basically like the size of the PL as is for football...it allows for a lot of leeway for OOC scheduling.

Just think that, eventually, VU will make an institutional decision that playing in the PL for football makes more sense for them than playing in the CAA.

Dane96
December 28th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Let me ask you this: Why would 'Nova want to leave a league that is pretty much guaranteed to have at least 3 teams (and in most years 4) in the playoffs? The only answer would be to assume that the PL would get to the same level of competition from top-bottom. Even with scholarships, I believe the AI would hinder the PL from ever becoming that type of league. 2 teams, maybe....three to four, no.

Now, if W&M left, along with JMU...I think all bets are off and I could see 'Nova in the PL.

Sader87
December 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
I just don't think VU (an an institution) ultimately really cares that much about football. They've been national champs, perennial contendahs etc and basically not much has really changed in terms of support for their football program. They would get just as much (if not more) alumni/community support playing GTown, Fordham, Holy Cross, Lafayette, Lehigh et. al. annually than they do for going deep in the FCS playoffs.

Again, I'm not clamoring for them to join the PL, just think it's a move that will ultimately be made by VU for financial/institutional/philosophical reasons.

DSUrocks07
December 28th, 2014, 11:26 AM
URI was dropping down schollies for two years then decided to stay. That plus bad coaching and school support are why they are in the position they are in... Still beat Towson haha, I think the CAA will be fine and even better in the next few years. Was a down year overall for most of the conference

Wasn't that the same year that they actually won like 7 or 8 games and got 4 CAA wins (more than they had in previous years) and after that season they changed course?

Delusions of grandeur xdrunkyx

Gangtackle11
December 28th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I guess it will be interesting to see what direction Villanova takes if & when Coach Talley hangs them up. I would imagine a case could be made to play Patriot level based on the academic equivalency of those schools.

I think JMU is a good choice to move up. I don't see W&M going anywhere. I guess if the CAA imploded (highly unlikely) then I could see the PL looking at Nova, W&M, & probably Richmond.

That would leave Towson, Delaware, Stony Brook, Maine, URI, Albany, Elon & UNH to fend for themselves.

PL North:
Colgate
Holy Cross
Fordham
Lafayette
Lehigh

PL South:
Villanova
Bucknell
Georgetown
Richmond
W&M

Play Temple & Delaware & all PL teams= 11 games

Pipe Dream? Probably, but if the FBS programs drop OOC $$$$ games then it may be forced by economics someday.

NY Crusader 2010
December 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
if the FBS programs drop OOC $$$$ games then it may be forced by economics someday.

They won't

DFW HOYA
December 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
They won't

They may not have a choice if TV decides that strength of schedule means ratings.

Example: If P5 teams are required to play among these conferences to improve early season ratings, ESPN could act as a de facto scheduling bureau. If Boston College needs an opponent in week one and TCU is available, for example, the networks make it happen. Keeps the money "in the family", too.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 28th, 2014, 12:56 PM
The CAA as an all-sports conference won't implode; that's not the right question. The right question is, if JMU leaves the CAA and CAA football, will the CAA decide it's no longer worth it to sponsor a football league?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 28th, 2014, 02:05 PM
The CAA as an all-sports conference won't implode; that's not the right question. The right question is, if JMU leaves the CAA and CAA football, will the CAA decide it's no longer worth it to sponsor a football league?

Why in the world would they make that decision???? There would still be 11 schools with comparable aspirations. Who cares if only four of them would be all sports members of the CAA? The CAA Football Conference is a stand alone league with its roots in the A-10 and Yankee. And is as stable as it has been in years! They can always add a new member with football to replace JMU if they want.

Catsfan90
December 28th, 2014, 02:13 PM
JMU is a good team, but they absolutely do not make or break the conference.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 28th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Why in the world would they make that decision???? There would still be 11 schools with comparable aspirations. Who cares if only four of them would be all sports members of the CAA? The CAA Football Conference is a stand alone league with its roots in the A-10 and Yankee. And is as stable as it has been in years! They can always add a new member with football to replace JMU if they want.

They are not 11 schools of comparable aspirations. Richmond and William and Mary are both in CAA football but their aspirations for themselves are different. Richmond is in the A-10. William and Mary is in the CAA.

In football they may all kind of want the same type of thing. But is the CAA going to put in the time and energy to administer a football conference when only four all-in members are competing in it? Is the CAA going to put a lot of effort in to promote America East teams?

ngineer
December 28th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Yes but difference being, BC will be an occasional OOC tilt not a league membah.

I'm not waiting with bated breath for VU to join the PL. I basically like the size of the PL as is for football...it allows for a lot of leeway for OOC scheduling.

Just think that, eventually, VU will make an institutional decision that playing in the PL for football makes more sense for them than playing in the CAA.

I think the PL is also looking for "all sports" members (or "almost" all sports members). American, Loyola and Boston do not have football; Navy and Army are members except for football; so I could see VU joining the PL for all sports, except basketball. We play VU in a lot of sports already, including basketball with some frequency, and the PL lacrosse is now one of the top conferences in the country. Not sure W&M would want to join for all sports due to travel--same with Richmond, though Richmond is probably the best fit from an academic footprint than the other two, which is what the PL Presidents look at .

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 28th, 2014, 02:53 PM
They are not 11 schools of comparable aspirations. Richmond and William and Mary are both in CAA football but their aspirations for themselves are different. Richmond is in the A-10. William and Mary is in the CAA.

In football they may all kind of want the same type of thing. But is the CAA going to put in the time and energy to administer a football conference when only four all-in members are competing in it? Is the CAA going to put a lot of effort in to promote America East teams?

I was talking about comparable aspirations in football which is the germane topic. Yes, Richmond and W&M do kind of want the same thing in football. Being in the same all sports league is no longer a possibility unless W&M has a change of philosophy in hoop. And to date CAAF has shown no signs of not wanting to put in the time and effort. You'll have to show proof of your theory because until then it's just another one of your wacky opinions.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 28th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I think the PL is also looking for "all sports" members (or "almost" all sports members). American, Loyola and Boston do not have football; Navy and Army are members except for football; so I could see VU joining the PL for all sports, except basketball. We play VU in a lot of sports already, including basketball with some frequency, and the PL lacrosse is now one of the top conferences in the country. Not sure W&M would want to join for all sports due to travel--same with Richmond, though Richmond is probably the best fit from an academic footprint than the other two, which is what the PL Presidents look at .

From what I've read, without redshirting the PL is a no go for W&M. And they'd prefer not to be encumbered with the AI. Why would the Big East let Nova move all their Olympic sports to the Patriot and leave only hoop in the BE???????

KPSUL
December 28th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Do I win?

No, sorry your response is below "par"

From Merriam Webster: "an average, usual, or normal amount, degree, of quality" Even a MVC homer like you would to concede that the CAA was at least an average FCS conference in 2014.

KPSUL
December 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Lehigh Football Nation;2204199]The CAA as an all-sports conference won't implode; that's not the right question. The right question is, if JMU leaves the CAA and CAA football, will the CAA decide it's no longer worth it to sponsor a football league?[/QUOTE

In the highly unlikely event the CAA no longer wanted to administer football, they certainly wouldn't want to stick it to the remaining football schools. A football only conference would be formed for the remaining 10 or 11 football programs and the CAA would assist in making it happen. We've already had two name changes in the last 20 years, who cares about the name they play under.

Dane96
December 28th, 2014, 03:48 PM

The Big East bylaws do not allow schools to have only basketball as a sole sport in the league. Nova would lose Big East basketball. ..so this theory is a non-starter.

NDSUSR
December 28th, 2014, 03:58 PM
No, sorry your response is below "par"

From Merriam Webster: "an average, usual, or normal amount, degree, of quality" Even a MVC homer like you would to concede that the CAA was at least an average FCS conference in 2014.
You should hang your head in shame for having to look up the phrase "below par".
The CAA was below par. Just because you disagree doesn't mean its not accurate. Which it is.

Bisonator
December 28th, 2014, 06:11 PM
You should hang your head in shame for having to look up the phrase "below par".
The CAA was below par. Just because you disagree doesn't mean its not accurate. Which it is.
I think the CAA is still one of the top conferences in FCS. So I definitely wouldn't call that "below par".

KPSUL
December 28th, 2014, 06:42 PM

That is the definition of par, your posts are an example of below, or "sub"par.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
send Maine and Rhode Island (aren't they supposed to be already gone) to the Patriot but only if the CAA can add Coastal and some Patrick Henry

Sader87
December 28th, 2014, 09:35 PM
I think Villanova is about the only school (with a current D1 football program) that could possibly join the PL for football. Maybe Marist.

State schools (W&M, UNH, Maine etc) probably can't deal with the AI issue for a variety of reasons. Richmond is probably too fah South to make much sense.

There's really not another school that makes sense to do it for either the school in question or the PL itself.

UNHWildcat18
December 28th, 2014, 10:17 PM
All I know is that the state of the CAA is still a power conference looking to improve for next year. Conference teams are stable for another year. Also not looking to expand obviously

On a scale of one to ten though I DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE EXPANSION DISCUSSION BASED OFF CAA.

UNHWildcat18
December 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM

Sub par in regards to what? Four playoff teams. One semi finalist(should have been 2 if Robertson played) should have been UNH in the final if they didn't injure half their starters and miss two open TD's. I would ask you to elaborate but no one cares what you think, go back to your finals thread and talk about how amazing NDSU is.

NoCoDanny
December 28th, 2014, 10:34 PM

I know, it's neither a Road or an Island.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/57318129.jpg

Sader87
December 28th, 2014, 10:44 PM
The CAA is a great FCS league but one can't deny that it has some potential problems moving forward. There's really no "core reason" on why the schools in the CAA for football are in the CAA. You have state schools a little too small to go FBS (Delaware, UNH, JMU, Maine, URI), private schools that are in the league for football (Villanova, Richmond and Elon) due to the league being the only "port in the storm" etc.

The fact that most of these schools aren't in the CAA for other sports only adds to its instability.

Hey, it's worked....no doubt...just not so sure it's a model for success moving forward though.

DFW HOYA
December 29th, 2014, 05:25 AM
The fact that most of these schools aren't in the CAA for other sports only adds to its instability. Hey, it's worked....no doubt...just not so sure it's a model for success moving forward though.

The CAA is a survivor and will continue to be. There is no better alternative for most of these schools... and that includes the Patriot League, where the Academic Index is a firewall to any meaningful expansion going forward.

Tribe4SF
December 29th, 2014, 07:02 AM
The million dollar question in regards to the CAA concerns the actions of Conference USA. Will they kick out UAB for not having football? (It seems likely, but it's not certain yet.) If so, will CUSA look for another member? (Also seems likely.) If so, would JMU be an option? (Possible.)

Your earnest desire to see CAA football implode leads you to faulty thinking, and wild speculation. CUSA is more likely to poach another Sunbelt team than to add JMU, and JMU is clearly not interested in the Sunbelt.

What exactly is delicate about the relationship between the remaining CAA football members if JMU were to leave? The membership is committed to playing FCS at the highest level, and the league remains, by far, the strongest in the Eastern third of the country. The CAA brought stability, and competent management to this collection of schools for whom football is important, and the league has shown its ability to attract new members. We ain't going anywhere any time soon....or later for that matter.

Dane96
December 29th, 2014, 07:02 AM
I think Villanova is about the only school (with a current D1 football program) that could possibly join the PL for football. Maybe Marist.

State schools (W&M, UNH, Maine etc) probably can't deal with the AI issue for a variety of reasons. Richmond is probably too fah South to make much sense.

There's really not another school that makes sense to do it for either the school in question or the PL itself.

UNH was going to the PL two years ago...and that's a fact. A last ditch effort by the CAA to appease UNH (adding Albany and SBU) kept the Wildcats from moving on. Because most of UNH's team is comprised of out-of-state players, they were/are able to deal with the AI without a likely challenge to the mission of UNH under state educational policy (non-discrimination).

But aside from the PL's near coup--and the ability of certain state schools to meet the AI--you solidify the point I made a bit ago: many schools the PL would like to snare CAN deal with the AI...but why would they? If you are spending the same money (aside from the 2 or 3 flights a year) to play in a league that does not handicap you with both the AI and the non-ability to redshirt, and the league you are currently in will likely continue to have multiple bids to the playoffs, why would you leave? And if you do leave, will you have the same national success as you do now?

The answers are: 1) You wouldn't leave; and 2) Unlikely.

Dane96
December 29th, 2014, 07:15 AM
The CAA is a great FCS league but one can't deny that it has some potential problems moving forward. There's really no "core reason" on why the schools in the CAA for football are in the CAA. You have state schools a little too small to go FBS (Delaware, UNH, JMU, Maine, URI), private schools that are in the league for football (Villanova, Richmond and Elon) due to the league being the only "port in the storm" etc.

The fact that most of these schools aren't in the CAA for other sports only adds to its instability.

Hey, it's worked....no doubt...just not so sure it's a model for success moving forward though.

You keep missing the point: CAA FOOTBALL is a standalone entity. Even if JMU leaves, and even if the CAA as an all-sport league disintegrated, the CAA Football League retains the automatic bid and re-invents itself much like it has done over the past 66 years. Whether it is called AE Football, the Yankee Conference (maybe revisited in name), or a new conference (made up of all sports/football playing members of the AE / CAA as its core, e.g. Albany, UNH, SBU, MAINE, Delaware, Elon, and Towson).

In the latter scenario, those schools would keep the CAA Automatic bid because they have 6 schools, the minimum. Let's assume, in a worst case scenario that sees Richmond, and Villanova park their football programs in another league, with Elon & W&M parking all-sports in another league, and URI dropping football. There are options for CAA Football that exist both all sports and football only.

That said, Richmond's only option, assuming they do not want to deal with the RS and AI issues, is to stay in CAA football because they are not moving out of the A-Ten. You are back up to 7 (assuming that Elon for some reason goes to the Southern). Again, you are looking for 2 football schools, maybe 3. They exist.

In short, there are way too many reasons for the CAA Football league to survive with it's core schools, irrespective of the resulting name of the surviving league.

- - - Updated - - -

The CAA is a survivor and will continue to be. There is no better alternative for most of these schools... and that includes the Patriot League, where the Academic Index is a firewall to any meaningful expansion going forward.

This!

Tribe4SF
December 29th, 2014, 07:28 AM
- - - Updated - - -

This!

Coupled with no red-shirts, and the silly 60 scholarship limit (what is that about?), the PL presidents continue their incestuous belief that they are special like the Ivies. It's a small club, and will remain small. Our AD summed it up well when he characterized a possible W&M move to the Patriot as .... "They have far more in common with each other than we have with them."

DFW HOYA
December 29th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Coupled with no red-shirts, and the silly 60 scholarship limit (what is that about?), the PL presidents continue their incestuous belief that they are special like the Ivies. It's a small club, and will remain small. Our AD summed it up well when he characterized a possible W&M move to the Patriot as .... "They have far more in common with each other than we have with them."

There are just six schools within the Patriot's current model of scholarships without red-shirts, retaining the Ivy Index. It's a small group.

Sitting Bull
December 29th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Seems strange to me that an HC fan would be leading the chorus regarding Villanova. Any check of the HC sports board, you would find in virtually every thread comments about the schools move to the PL as the spark that killed HC athletics. Now you expect Villanova to do same for football?

The CAA is the embodimemt of two particular schools, Delaware and W&M, who desired a mid Atlantic sports conference that allows their teams to compete at the highest level possible. Neither have any reason to just sit back to watch events infold - and both have been proactive in stabilizing the league (football and all sports) as well as recruiting new additions when needed (UAlbany, College of Charleston).

The Mid Atlantic area and FCS level schools located there need(ed) a base for conference athletics. Prior to the CAA, the conferences that existed were either northeast/New England or southern rooted. The CAA now provides an option running New England to the Carolinas, virtually an ACC style footprint.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 29th, 2014, 08:54 AM
UNH was going to the PL two years ago...and that's a fact. A last ditch effort by the CAA to appease UNH (adding Albany and SBU) kept the Wildcats from moving on. Because most of UNH's team is comprised of out-of-state players, they were/are able to deal with the AI without a likely challenge to the mission of UNH under state educational policy (non-discrimination).

But aside from the PL's near coup--and the ability of certain state schools to meet the AI--you solidify the point I made a bit ago: many schools the PL would like to snare CAN deal with the AI...but why would they? If you are spending the same money (aside from the 2 or 3 flights a year) to play in a league that does not handicap you with both the AI and the non-ability to redshirt, and the league you are currently in will likely continue to have multiple bids to the playoffs, why would you leave? And if you do leave, will you have the same national success as you do now?

The answers are: 1) You wouldn't leave; and 2) Unlikely.

UNH was considering the PL invite because of the situation in the CAA at the time....no URI, Albany nor SBU
UNH and UMaine alone in the north...instability every where (not just the CAA...lots of movement between conferences)
With the stability that came with the addition on Albany, SBU and URIs return the CAA is strong.
UNH is very happy with their decision

Sader87
December 29th, 2014, 11:10 AM
My essential point here is not that CAA football is unstable (though I do think it is somewhat, all protestations here aside)...moreso that Villanova alone may jump to the PL (for football) in the future.

Yes they have been very good on the field itself but I'm not completely sold that that is really the be all and end all for the continued existence of Villanova football (as seen by its administration anyway). They are outdrawn most years by some PL schools, the Philly market is non-existent for FCS college football etc. Has there really been that much of an uptick in terms of support or Villanova branding for the school from their recent football success?

I could very easily see Villanova, somewhat like GTown to an extent, keeping its football program if only to play like-minded schools in the PL and one or two Ivies every year on Homecoming and/or Family Weekend.

It's really no skin off my back if they do or don't join the PL for football. But, if you look at the respective schools in both leagues, Villanova makes much more sense geographically and institutionally playing football in the PL.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 29th, 2014, 11:25 AM
You keep missing the point: CAA FOOTBALL is a standalone entity. Even if JMU leaves, and even if the CAA as an all-sport league disintegrated, the CAA Football League retains the automatic bid and re-invents itself much like it has done over the past 66 years. Whether it is called AE Football, the Yankee Conference (maybe revisited in name), or a new conference (made up of all sports/football playing members of the AE / CAA as its core, e.g. Albany, UNH, SBU, MAINE, Delaware, Elon, and Towson).

In the latter scenario, those schools would keep the CAA Automatic bid because they have 6 schools, the minimum. Let's assume, in a worst case scenario that sees Richmond, and Villanova park their football programs in another league, with Elon & W&M parking all-sports in another league, and URI dropping football. There are options for CAA Football that exist both all sports and football only.

That said, Richmond's only option, assuming they do not want to deal with the RS and AI issues, is to stay in CAA football because they are not moving out of the A-Ten. You are back up to 7 (assuming that Elon for some reason goes to the Southern). Again, you are looking for 2 football schools, maybe 3. They exist.

In short, there are way too many reasons for the CAA Football league to survive with it's core schools, irrespective of the resulting name of the surviving league.

CAA football currently is administered by the CAA. Which makes sense, because the largest faction of schools (5) in CAA football are still CAA all-sports members. If JMU leaves for whatever reason, though, that balance is broken. Furthermore, UNH and Villanova, neither all-sports members of the CAA, have been the class of the league the past two years.

One of those CAA members, incidentally is Elon, who has only been in the league for a year.

UNH was considering the PL invite because of the situation in the CAA at the time....no URI, Albany nor SBU
UNH and UMaine alone in the north...instability every where (not just the CAA...lots of movement between conferences)
With the stability that came with the addition on Albany, SBU and URIs return the CAA is strong.
UNH is very happy with their decision

"Stability" is a relative term. UNH got "stability" in that they have two more America East members in their midst, but I wouldn't say that the decision was one made for the long-term stability of CAA football, which is different than stability for UNH. If AE was ready to jump in and take over football operations for CAA football in case of a JMU defection, I'd say sure, the football conference is "stable". But I am not sure at all this is the case.

Gangtackle11
December 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I don't know if Rhody will ever turn it around, but Jim Fleming has a winning resume. They obviously had little talent leftover from previous teams, but I think Fleming can turn it respectable. Not easy for sure, but they upgraded Some of the facilities and appear committed to make a go at it.

ccd494
December 29th, 2014, 11:34 AM
CAA football currently is administered by the CAA. Which makes sense, because the largest faction of schools (5) in CAA football are still CAA all-sports members. If JMU leaves for whatever reason, though, that balance is broken. Furthermore, UNH and Villanova, neither all-sports members of the CAA, have been the class of the league the past two years.

One of those CAA members, incidentally is Elon, who has only been in the league for a year.

"Stability" is a relative term. UNH got "stability" in that they have two more America East members in their midst, but I wouldn't say that the decision was one made for the long-term stability of CAA football, which is different than stability for UNH. If AE was ready to jump in and take over football operations for CAA football in case of a JMU defection, I'd say sure, the football conference is "stable". But I am not sure at all this is the case.

Why wouldn't the CAA run it? The football member schools are responsible for all football costs, it isn't like UNC-Wilmington is assessed a football fee.

I realize every post you make is designed to misconstrue facts in a Glenn Beck style "I'm just asking..." type way that will boost up the Pathetic Patriot League, solely for the purpose of giving yourself an erection, but really. Cut the ****. Stop making stuff up. Or stop pretending to be a "journalist".

Lehigh Football Nation
December 29th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Why wouldn't the CAA run it?

Why would the CAA want to spend a lot of time and energy promoting UNH football? The question nobody has answered.

So exactly what facts have I misconstrued? Has an all-sports CAA member magically appeared that I'm not aware of? And all of this is contingent on JMU leaving, something that is possible but not at all certain. I don't even think they're a shoo-in for C-USA. I think C-USA is much more likely to poach a Sun Belt school or Jacksonville State. When did I say JMU was absolutely, positively moving to FBS tomorrow?

NY Crusader 2010
December 29th, 2014, 12:24 PM

PL needs to add a full member IMO. We have enough associate members and I'm not a fan of the Loyola addition given the lack of football or really any commitment whatsoever to athletics outside of lacrosse.

I actually think the best candidate out their is SHU. We could use a school in CT and with proximity to Metro NY. And their football fits well in our league now.

Duquesne and Dayton would be the next best options should we need to add a football-only member should Georgetown drop out or Fordham go to the CAA.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 29th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Why would the CAA want to spend a lot of time and energy promoting UNH football? The question nobody has answered.

Maybe because UNH is a founding member of the CAA Football Conference. Maybe because UNH has helped grow CAAF and is viewed as a valued member. Maybe because the CAA all sports conference gets publicity indirectly from the football conference because most of the country thinks they are one in the same. Maybe to keep its options open for future conference realignment. Maybe because when they signed on they knew the league would probably never be completely all sports members. (They started their football administration with six all sports members.) I've never heard any complaining from the CAA Administration about wasting time and energy. So, it seems once again you're dreaming stuff up to help you achieve your vision of the CAA Football Conference imploding. You've been doing that for over ten years.

Why aren't you PLers concerned about only having seven football members, two of which aren't full members, one of which hasn't jumped on board with the new scholarship policy? That to me is significantly more unstable than the CAA Football Conference. Are you positive that the CAA's plan if JMU leaves isn't offering Fordham a slot (which would allow a North-South split that keeps Delaware and Villanova in the same division)? Seems to me that the Patriot AQ is at greater risk than the CAA's.

Dane96
December 29th, 2014, 12:54 PM

What are you talking about-- the largest faction of CAA football is NON-CAA All-Sport schools. Nice circular reasoning. What I think you were trying to say: Would the CAA want to administer the league if they only have four all-sport schools as members of CAA football. That's a business decision, one likely attributed to sponsorship $$$ and split of football revenue to all CAA schools. That aside, the CAA would look to replace JMU with an all-sport school...so the CAA all-sports schools would be back up to 5 in CAA football. Status quo.

Man, you PL guys really are a piece of work.

Dane96
December 29th, 2014, 12:55 PM

So exactly what facts have I misconstrued? Has an all-sports CAA member magically appeared that I'm not aware of? And all of this is contingent on JMU leaving, something that is possible but not at all certain. I don't even think they're a shoo-in for C-USA. I think C-USA is much more likely to poach a Sun Belt school or Jacksonville State. When did I say JMU was absolutely, positively moving to FBS tomorrow?

Advertising power. Jesus, do you guys work in the business world in any C-Level positions.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 29th, 2014, 12:59 PM
What are you talking about-- the largest faction of CAA football is NON-CAA All-Sport schools. Nice circular reasoning. What I think you were trying to say: Would the CAA want to administer the league if they only have four all-sport schools as members of CAA football. That's a business decision, one likely attributed to sponsorship $$$ and split of football revenue to all CAA schools. That aside, the CAA would look to replace JMU with an all-sport school...so the CAA all-sports schools would be back up to 5 in CAA football. Status quo.

Who?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM

I'd say the CAA got stability as well. If UNH had gone to the Patriot (and they were going), then URI would have continued their move to the NEC. Most likely Maine would have done the same thing. Stony Brook would still be in the Big South. Would Albany have been invited to the CAA? The CAAF Conference would have been Villanova, Delaware, JMU, Richmond, W&M and I assume Elon. One defection away from losing the AQ.

Dane96
December 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM
LFN, are you kidding me? Let me turn the question: Who not?

You guys are truly insufferable.

RichH2
December 29th, 2014, 01:04 PM
PL needs to add a full member IMO. We have enough associate members and I'm not a fan of the Loyola addition given the lack of football or really any commitment whatsoever to athletics outside of lacrosse.

I actually think the best candidate out their is SHU. We could use a school in CT and with proximity to Metro NY. And their football fits well in our league now.

Duquesne and Dayton would be the next best options should we need to add a football-only member should Georgetown drop out or Fordham go to the CAA.
If SHU why not Bryant?

Doc QB
December 29th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Why aren't you PLers concerned about only having seven football members, two of which aren't full members, one of which hasn't jumped on board with the new scholarship policy? That to me is significantly more unstable than the CAA Football Conference. Are you positive that the CAA's plan if JMU leaves isn't offering Fordham a slot (which would allow a North-South split that keeps Delaware and Villanova in the same division)? Seems to me that the Patriot AQ is at greater risk than the CAA's.

This is an excellent point. And as a PL fan and former player, I am embarrassed at the direction this thread has taken by our fans.

DFW HOYA
December 29th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I could very easily see Villanova, somewhat like GTown to an extent, keeping its football program if only to play like-minded schools in the PL and one or two Ivies every year on Homecoming and/or Family Weekend.

Really, that's not the reason for football at Georgetown. There were decades where Georgetown didn't play any of these "like minded" schools.

Are you positive that the CAA's plan if JMU leaves isn't offering Fordham a slot (which would allow a North-South split that keeps Delaware and Villanova in the same division)? Seems to me that the Patriot AQ is at greater risk than the CAA's.

The PL is fortunate that the CAA has not embraced a more aggressive expansion policy. And now that six of the seven PL teams are scholarship-comparable, even more so.

aceinthehole
December 29th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Because when UNH was on ESPN3 in the football playoffs they were a member of the CAA brand, not the AE.

It is in the best interest of the CAA to keep the football brand under their umbrella, even if it is a legally separate entity. I'm sure the "Yankee Conference" name is owned by or available to the existing members, but it has no value anymore - that's whey the want to use the CAA brand.

Sure, as the AE membership has grown, you would think they might want to make an offer to administer the league and gain the "brand value" - but we know how inept they are in the Boston office.

Bottom line - LFN, your repeated call for the demise of the CAA Football is unfounded.

DFW HOYA
December 29th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I'm sure the "Yankee Conference" name is owned by or available to the existing members, but it has no value anymore - that's whey the want to use the CAA brand.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4806:jlk9xo.2.1

Lehigh Football Nation
December 29th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Because when UNH was on ESPN3 in the football playoffs they were a member of the CAA brand, not the AE.

It is in the best interest of the CAA to keep the football brand under their umbrella, even if it is a legally separate entity. I'm sure the "Yankee Conference" name is owned by or available to the existing members, but it has no value anymore - that's whey the want to use the CAA brand.

Sure, as the AE membership has grown, you would think they might want to make an offer to administer the league and gain the "brand value" - but we know how inept they are in the Boston office.

Bottom line - LFN, your repeated call for the demise of the CAA Football is unfounded.

The CAA "brand" for the football conference is a vestige from 2007 when the CAA comprised more than 50% of all the members of CAA football, Old Dominion and Georgia State were still full-time members with big plans for football, Northeastern and Hofstra still had football programs, and VCU and ODU were generating NCAA shares for the league every year in men's hoops. Any fool should be able to see things have changed since then. A lot.

Having said that, competitively CAA football has remained very strong. I thought Villanova and UNH would be meeting in Frisco for the championship, and it came damned close to happening. The CAA was, and is, an elite conference in football - certainly the equal to the Missouri Valley. The MVFC, Big Sky, and CAA are still the Big 3 conferences. That hasn't changed in the last decade.

But strong competitively does not correspond necessarily to a strong structure for the conference, nor does it also make for "strong marketing" necessarily. I know why Albany and Stony Brook were invited to CAAF, but I was stunned that they weren't all-sports members in the CAA. I still think that is a mistake by the CAA. And outside of people here, which people in the Real World say to themselves, "When I think of UNH, I think of CAA football?"

NY Crusader 2010
December 29th, 2014, 04:01 PM
If SHU why not Bryant?

They were actually on a short list I suggested on our Holy Cross message board a couple years ago, I'd be OK with them but think SHU would appeal to more PL folks than Bryant would.

RichH2
December 29th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Littledoiubtthat PL needs an 8th footballteam. Substantially less doubt that nothing will happen in the near future. Kindatiredof beating thisdrum until something actually happens to warrant the discussion

VUCats02
December 29th, 2014, 04:57 PM
One thing that isn't helping the league is having UNH not play Nova two years in a row. That is just absolute B.S. Nova and UNH need to play each other. Would have been the game of the year in all of FCS, both this year and next year, that will never happen.

aceinthehole
December 29th, 2014, 05:08 PM
And outside of people here, which people in the Real World say to themselves, "When I think of UNH, I think of CAA football?"

Well I bet most people would associate New Hampshire with CAA Football or Hockey East.

As a UNH alum posted in another thread, I doubt anyone really knows that the Wildcats play in America East since they have never been to the NCAAs or even the NIT representing that league in basketball. UNH basketball is truly unknown and unrecognizable to almost everyone.

aceinthehole
December 29th, 2014, 05:11 PM
They were actually on a short list I suggested on our Holy Cross message board a couple years ago, I'd be OK with them but think SHU would appeal to more PL folks than Bryant would.

Are any real Patriot League fans actually suggesting out loud that they should be seriously considering admitting Sacred Heart or Bryant to their elite book club which has served as the long-time dance partner to the Ivy League?

Come on, stop the insanity! Where is Bogus when you need a dose of high-minded reality? :)

Sader87
December 29th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Not to belabor the PL hijack here, but it's what we do ("It's my nature..." said the scorpion) but I think PL expansion for non-football athletics is basically done (for now anyway) with the addition of BU and Loyola(MD).

I bring Villanova up as a potential PL football membah only because they are really about the only school that would "pass muster" in the Lehigh Valley PL Office in terms of academics, institutional size, location etc etc

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 29th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Not to belabor the PL hijack here, but it's what we do ("It's my nature..." said the scorpion) but I think PL expansion for non-football athletics is basically done (for now anyway) with the addition of BU and Loyola(MD).

I bring Villanova up as a potential PL football membah only because they are really about the only school that would "pass muster" in the Lehigh Valley PL Office in terms of academics, institutional size, location etc etc

What's the plan for when they say no like we did?

danefan
December 29th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Fordham to the CAA in football is more likely than any CAA-doom theories out there.....

Sader87
December 29th, 2014, 05:51 PM
As I said here, if Nova does or doesn't switch leagues, it's no skin off my back.

As per Fordham, I just don't think they are a good fit for CAA football (much like VU is really not a good fit for CAA football)....I can't see them leaving the PL for the CAA. Their support really isn't that great, college football in NYC is nevah going to be that big, I think the FU Admin (like GTown) likes being in the PL for football to play other PL schools and the Ivies.

NY Crusader 2010
December 30th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Are any real Patriot League fans actually suggesting out loud that they should be seriously considering admitting Sacred Heart or Bryant to their elite book club which has served as the long-time dance partner to the Ivy League?

Come on, stop the insanity! Where is Bogus when you need a dose of high-minded reality? :)

Wasn't Towson at one time a member? Or am I dreaming?

I'd take SHU in five seconds. We should've brought in Fairfield when they had football under the condition that they keep the program.

WestCoastAggie
December 30th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Why hasn't the PL ever gone after Howard or Hampton? #PLHijack

NY Crusader 2010
December 30th, 2014, 07:12 PM

We're holding out for Youngstown State #ArmsWideOpen

UNHWildcat18
December 30th, 2014, 07:13 PM

You can't mention northeast football without it being a PL hijack

UNHWildcat18
December 30th, 2014, 07:14 PM

You can't mention northeast FCS football without it being a PL hijack..

WestCoastAggie
December 30th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Could the CAA take two other southern schools?

UNHWildcat18
December 30th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Could the CAA take two other southern schools?

They aren't going to expand the football conference

Sitting Bull
December 31st, 2014, 11:04 AM
Who?

Coastal Carolina, all sports.

rokamortis
December 31st, 2014, 11:07 AM

It would increase travel but would be a boost to Coastal in a number of ways and I think we would add to the CAA. We may not have the history or prestige of some of those other schools, but for a 60 year old school (only 20 years independent from the SC imperial siphon) we aren't doing too bad and would be competitive right away in most men's sports and probably fair well in the women's sports.

It actually would help our OOC in all sports as there would be a ton of SoCon and Big South schools we could schedule as well.

Catsfan90
January 1st, 2015, 02:36 AM

That could be interesting. If anything, it would at least give me an excuse to visit Myrtle Beach every two years!

Go...gate
January 2nd, 2015, 10:48 PM

Amen.

NDSUSR
January 2nd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Wiki lists this post as the answer: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?166632-State-of-the-CAA&p=2204081&viewfull=1#post2204081

KPSUL
January 2nd, 2015, 11:00 PM
Wiki lists this post as the answer: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?166632-State-of-the-CAA&p=2204081&viewfull=1#post2204081

Sorry, still as lame the second time. Although, some of your posts on other threads are pretty funny.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 3rd, 2015, 12:42 AM
Pretty much a cardinal rule if you have to repeat the joke twice it doesn't work.

Tribe4SF
January 3rd, 2015, 04:23 AM
Pretty much a cardinal rule if you have to repeat the joke twice it doesn't work.

Just like repeating a fantasy twice doesn't make it true.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 3rd, 2015, 09:55 AM
Just like repeating a fantasy twice doesn't make it true.

I wish he only repeated his fantasy twice!! xlolx xlolx

Catsfan90
January 3rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Where does everyone see SBU next year? Can they get their offensive performance to match their defensive?

danefan
January 3rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Where does everyone see SBU next year? Can they get their offensive performance to match their defensive?

Depends on how many transfers they have signed so far?

If they get the to roster to 50% transfers they have a shot.....xcoffeexxcoffeex