PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Injury Report

Redbird Recon
December 24th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Redbirds lost starting corner Dion Starnes many weeks ago with a knee.

We've been mostly injury-free other than that.

I know the Bison receiving corps is banged up.

Will Vraa be healthy?

nel360
December 24th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Won't know till early next week on Vraa

NDSUSR
December 24th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Vraa will play.

Professor Chaos
December 24th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Vraa will play but whether he'll be fully healthy or not is still to be determined.

NDSU's starting WLB Travis Beck is out for the season with a ruptured achilles and backup WR Carey Woods (who had been getting a lot more snaps with Vraa out) sustained a neck injury in the SHSU game so his status for Frisco is up in the air but long term he'll be fine. Other than that it's just normal wear and tear of a team who's played 15 games to this point and everyone else should be good barring something unforeseen happening in practice leading up to the game.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Woods is fine. It was a stinger.

JayJ79
December 25th, 2014, 07:02 PM
I wonder if any players will be declared academically ineligible after fall semester grades were posted.

Bisonwinagn
December 26th, 2014, 02:36 AM
I wonder if any players will be declared academically ineligible after fall semester grades were posted.

I've wondered about this as well, but not sure how it works. The seniors that graduated are not even enrolled in school, but it would be a bummer to if someone couldn't play.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Yeah, it's possible. In 2011, the Bison had a CB who was ineligible for the whole season but was able to travel and dress for Frisco since it was a new semester and he made grades the previous one. I don't think he played either so he wouldn't burn a redshirt or because they already had a good rotation at CB but it is a new academic semester so it's a new eligibility check point.