PDA

View Full Version : Hey Decemberists

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Hey Decemberists, these boards are around all year. You can come here and talk football not just when you're football team is doing well in December.

Stick around, talk football all year. You may even like it here! xthumbsupx

veinup
December 20th, 2014, 05:53 PM
if i allowed football discussion to run throughout the year it would ruin my life. during the season is hard enough. my girlfriend starts to think i dont love her anymore. in some ways its a blessing when the season is over.

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 06:06 PM
if i allowed football discussion to run throughout the year it would ruin my life. during the season is hard enough. my girlfriend starts to think i dont love her anymore. in some ways its a blessing when the season is over.

Dump her.

superman7515
December 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD1Aj7EYDog

Bison56
December 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Dump her.

Second this.

veinup
December 20th, 2014, 06:29 PM
well i was going to marry her, but you guys have totally changed my mind

centennial
December 20th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Dump her.
This^. I would dump any girl that couldn't take some joy in sports.

Bison56
December 20th, 2014, 06:34 PM
What's with some of the "men" on this site? You tell your woman the way it is if she agrees she is a keeper.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 06:36 PM
If my wife knew half the crap I posted here I would have some serious splaining to do

Bison56
December 20th, 2014, 06:42 PM
If my wife knew half the crap I posted here I would have some serious splaining to do
Wow she is a lucky woman. Us not so much.:D

veinup
December 20th, 2014, 06:43 PM
lolz. i was being mostly sarcastic .. she is actually a fan of sports, likes going to games and stuff .. even watched a few griz games with me this year. wears griz gear. never openly complains or anything, but towards the end of the season i get the vibe that she's sick of hearing me talk about griz football

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 08:18 PM
lolz. i was being mostly sarcastic .. she is actually a fan of sports, likes going to games and stuff .. even watched a few griz games with me this year. wears griz gear. never openly complains or anything, but towards the end of the season i get the vibe that she's sick of hearing me talk about griz football

Nice save.

TheRevSFA
December 20th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I saw The Decemberists live. Weren't bad

Catsfan90
December 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM
I saw The Decemberists live. Weren't bad
Amazing band!

Drblankstare
December 20th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Amazing band!
xthumbsupx

veinup
December 20th, 2014, 10:35 PM
i've seen the decemberists live 2 million times .. best show was at colins old highschool auditorium in helena MT

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2014, 05:57 AM
I do enjoy the fact that I don't have to wonder what I say or do. Not with my old girlfriend, that's a different story. She had no idea why I loved Bison football so much. She tried changing the channel one day to some random **** that makes no sense in the middle of the Iowa State game. She claimed it would entertain us both, which meant make her happy and me bored. WTF, is all i could think so I quickly changed it back and tried to grow a pair for the day. Well I took her to Gameday and she warmed up to it. I knew it was over between her and I when she thought the color scheme was "cute" and it made me look "adorable". My sense of pride and manhood vanished and I knew right then and there it was over. Well that and how she loved me after 2.5 months and thought we should move in together since we were bound to spend the rest of our lives together.

tl;dr I'm still 22 but I am single again and able to do what I please, for now.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 07:23 AM
I do enjoy the fact that I don't have to wonder what I say or do. Not with my old girlfriend, that's a different story. She had no idea why I loved Bison football so much. She tried changing the channel one day to some random **** that makes no sense in the middle of the Iowa State game. She claimed it would entertain us both, which meant make her happy and me bored. WTF, is all i could think so I quickly changed it back and tried to grow a pair for the day. Well I took her to Gameday and she warmed up to it. I knew it was over between her and I when she thought the color scheme was "cute" and it made me look "adorable". My sense of pride and manhood vanished and I knew right then and there it was over. Well that and how she loved me after 2.5 months and thought we should move in together since we were bound to spend the rest of our lives together.

tl;dr I'm still 22 but I am single again and able to do what I please, for now.

choose your battles which means when a situation arises for an argument (gf) about something that's not really that important to you and end it by relenting and telling her that she is right.....remember you don't really care that much about this one, but it's the next one you really want to win, you can fall back on this one and you will most likely win and if you don't win or it's a painful win que up the old Paul Simon about the 50 ways....

don't be shocked if 10 years later after a comment you make or that day she was wearing a new shirt and you didn't say anything comes up leaving you scrambling for an answer to something you don't even remember

never talk about old girlfriends either

DaBurds!!
December 21st, 2014, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD1Aj7EYDog
Thanks for posting this song...I'd never heard it before. I liked it.

813Jag
December 21st, 2014, 10:10 AM
I got lucky, my wife loves football (plays fantasy football and does pick ems) , the issue with her is building interest in other sports full time. But I'm not complaining at all.

But on to the topic at hand, check out the entire forum during the off-season. The lounge is a great way to spend some of those slow sports days , as well as building up your post count for those who want to qualify for the AGS poll.

Laker
December 21st, 2014, 06:43 PM
As a history teacher, I thought that this thread was about the revolt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decembrist_revolt

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2014, 07:03 PM
I think the only reason I look at the off season here is for stadium expansions and recruiting. I would say next season outlooks but we are just irrelevant and it's the MVFC's world we are lucky enough to live in it �� and blessed to listen to the words of all of their wisdom.

FormerPokeCenter
December 21st, 2014, 07:29 PM
My significant other likes watching football, generally, MORE than I do....

I love watching FCS games generally, McNeese games specifically...and there are a few FBS games that appeal to me. This season, for instance, I followed Mississippi State because of Dak Prescott's emergence after having covered his games while in HS. I covered his older brother, Jace, who was a starting offensive tackle at Northwestern State.

But beyond fanaticism about watching McNeese, and general interest in another team or two here or there, I'm not a 24/7 football addict.

****, she likes FCS games, but is a die-hard LSU and SEC fan. She'll root for any SEC school that's not playing LSU. Add to that, she loves to watch pro-football. Saturdays she's glued to the tube for three to four games if we're not on the road to watch McNeese. Sundays are spent flipping back and forth between games.

To be honest, I kinda get tired of it.

****, what's a guy got to do to be able to watch a movie every once in a while???

veinup
December 21st, 2014, 08:28 PM
watching movies is great! time to catch up that later tho i guess. still football season in my house. go hawx

superman7515
December 21st, 2014, 10:18 PM
****, she likes FCS games, but is a die-hard LSU and SEC fan. She'll root for any SEC school that's not playing LSU. Add to that, she loves to watch pro-football. Saturdays she's glued to the tube for three to four games if we're not on the road to watch McNeese. Sundays are spent flipping back and forth between games.

****, what's a guy got to do to be able to watch a movie every once in a while???

The worst thing I did in that area was help her get into a fantasy football league at work. I don't even play but she wanted to show up some of the guys at her job and actually did a great job this year finishing in third place. But man, I have watched more *****ty football from teams I don't care about (Rams, Bucs, Vikings, Panthers, Saints, etc) this season than I care to admit.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2014, 10:29 PM
I just hope the ISUr Decembrists are better than the Sammy Decembrists.

ElCid
December 23rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
My significant other likes watching football, generally, MORE than I do....

I love watching FCS games generally, McNeese games specifically...and there are a few FBS games that appeal to me. This season, for instance, I followed Mississippi State because of Dak Prescott's emergence after having covered his games while in HS. I covered his older brother, Jace, who was a starting offensive tackle at Northwestern State.

But beyond fanaticism about watching McNeese, and general interest in another team or two here or there, I'm not a 24/7 football addict.

This is really funny. Our wives might as well be sisters. My wife loves football. Replace what you said about LSU and put Clemson, and South Carolina to a lesser degree, and you described my wife. A true Carolina girl. But she likes to watch NFL also, a lot, and I could give a crap about them. I am a fan of The Citadel, the FCS, and other College Football in that order. She has had to watch the FCS playoffs, and she does like that as well though.

Wives......who can figure?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 23rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Are you the guy that will get married during football season and screw all your friends some fall Saturday?

My guess is yes. Xcoffeex

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mattymc727
December 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Whats worse thoug, the girl who hates football and doesnt want to watch (but leaves you alone)? Or the girl who knows nothing about football but tries to play along with you and the guys to impress you?......

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2014, 11:13 AM
I think the only reason I look at the off season here is for stadium expansions and recruiting. I would say next season outlooks but we are just irrelevant and it's the MVFC's world we are lucky enough to live in it �� and blessed to listen to the words of all of their wisdom.

Grizalltheway
December 23rd, 2014, 11:14 AM
i've seen the decemberists live 2 million times .. best show was at colins old highschool auditorium in helena MT

He gave a great speech at Helena High's graduation a couple of years ago. Dude has been everywhere in the world, but you can tell his heart is still in MT.

813Jag
December 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM
Whats worse thoug, the girl who hates football and doesnt want to watch (but leaves you alone)? Or the girl who knows nothing about football but tries to play along with you and the guys to impress you?......
For me it's the first one because come football season I don't want to hear about going to/watching too many games.

My wife started as the second one and she fell in love with the game. Which makes it easy to get her to take road trips to random games.