PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State lands 2 for the Hula Bowl!

ISUMatt
November 14th, 2006, 07:16 PM
WR- Laurent Robinson
Long Snapper- Jake Weber

http://goredbirds.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111406aaa.html

NORMAL, Ill. - For the second time in two years, the Illinois State football program will have two representatives at the Hula Bowl after senior wide receiver Laurént Robinson and senior long snapper Jake Weber accepted invitations to play in the 2007 Cornerstone Bancard Hula Bowl at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii on Sunday, January 14.

Jackluv
November 14th, 2006, 07:43 PM
congrats!! im hoping that Jason Murrieta gets an invite to some senior bowl game thingy...hes put up good numbers against quality competition (too bad NAU couldnt win more games or else he'd be the front runner for the payton)

birdsflyhigh
November 15th, 2006, 11:18 AM
CONGRATS out to the Redbirds! Think ISU had players participate in last season's Hula Bowl...very cool!!:cool:

LacesOut
November 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Long snapper??????????????? WTF??? LOL

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Long snapper??????????????? WTF??? LOL

LS? Well then ours should have made it last year... Pat Davis did not miss a snap, make an errant snap, or have a punt blocked in all his four years on the job. I believe he was 1st-Team All-American at the spot in one publication.. maybe AP or on here...

smallcollegefbfan
November 15th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Weber is the best LS I have seen.

I heard that David Ball and Ben Patrick have gotten Hula invites as well.

Ball got a Shrine Game invite and rumor is that a few more I-AA players are getting shrine invites soon.

LacesOut
November 15th, 2006, 11:55 AM
How about field goal holder?? Who is the best in the country at that?? LMAO