PDA

View Full Version : Predict the outcome of this week's "key games"

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 14th, 2006, 06:49 PM
We are getting into the last week of football and still we have quite a few key games that could clear the picture. These are the ones I picked...

Montana State at Montana - Bobcats have had a good season and are a worthy team, but UM is even better and won't lose to MSU at WG Stadium. Montana by 10

New Hampshire at Maine - UNH got off to too good of a start to lose their spot in the palyoffs now. I think they are back on track after the win over Rhode Island and will get the win and an at-large bid. New Hampshire by 14

JMU at Towson Towson can smell the playoffs now and they will give JMU a fight and pull of the upset, and along with the UNH win I am predicting, will create another 4-A10 team playoff bracket. The 12th man should be there with Towson having as good of a chance as ever of getting in. Towson by 3

Southern Utah at SIU This game could very well be close. I don't mean to insult SIU by putting this here, but Southern Utah did give McNeese State a scare. SIU might be in for one if they take them lightly. If SIU wins, they are in. SIU by 17

Lehigh at Lafayette Yet another rivalry game shaping the playoff picture. I definitly like Lehigh in this one because they have a more impressive record. Strange things happen in rivalry games though, and the team that is better does not always win. Lehigh by 7.

South Dakota State at North Dakota State Neither team is playoff eligible, but I threw this in because it is deciding the Great West champion and is between two outstanding teams. North Dakota has been on fire all season long and both teams should be making the NCAA reconsider their playoff eligibility rules. Can anyone in IAA stop the Bison? South Dakota State is a good team, but they won't be a match for NDSU. NDSU by 10.

If I left any out, let me know.

th0m
November 14th, 2006, 07:33 PM
JMU at Towson Towson can smell the playoffs now and they will give JMU a fight and pull of the upset, and along with the UNH win I am predicting, will create another 4-A10 team playoff bracket. The 12th man should be there with Towson having as good of a chance as ever of getting in. Towson by 3

Don't think Towson has ever had their '12th' man, which will pretty much be a non-issue for the Tigers. Not arguing the outcome of the game, but it will NOT favor the Tigers, based on their track record.

ISUMatt
November 14th, 2006, 07:40 PM
ILS @ UNI

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2006, 07:42 PM
No Nicholls St vs McNeese? If McN falters and SHSU wins, the Kats are in while the Pokes sit at home...

Chucktown
November 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I know that we are pullin for ISU

McNeese75
November 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
No Nicholls St vs McNeese? If McN falters and SHSU wins, the Kats are in while the Pokes sit at home...

No SHSU vs Tex State if the Cats win the Kats sit home :D

blackfordpu
November 14th, 2006, 10:20 PM
No SHSU vs Tex State if the Cats win the Kats sit home :D

Yup, unlike my sex life, this situation swings both ways. xlolx :bawling: :nod: ;)

TonkaBison
November 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
We are getting into the last week of football and still we have quite a few key games that could clear the picture. These are the ones I picked...

Montana State at Montana - Bobcats have had a good season and are a worthy team, but UM is even better and won't lose to MSU at WG Stadium. Montana by 10

New Hampshire at Maine - UNH got off to too good of a start to lose their spot in the palyoffs now. I think they are back on track after the win over Rhode Island and will get the win and an at-large bid. New Hampshire by 14

Southern Utah at SIU This game could very well be close. I don't mean to insult SIU by putting this here, but Southern Utah did give McNeese State a scare. SIU might be in for one if they take them lightly. If SIU wins, they are in. SIU by 17

Lehigh at Lafayette Yet another rivalry game shaping the playoff picture. I definitly like Lehigh in this one because they have a more impressive record. Strange things happen in rivalry games though, and the team that is better does not always win. Lehigh by 7.

South Dakota State at North Dakota State Neither team is playoff eligible, but I threw this in because it is deciding the Great West champion and is between two outstanding teams. North Dakota has been on fire all season long and both teams should be making the NCAA reconsider their playoff eligibility rules. Can anyone in IAA stop the Bison? South Dakota State is a good team, but they won't be a match for NDSU. NDSU by 10.

Thanks for including us! :hurray: I'm chomping at the bit waiting for 2008 to get here so we can get in on this little party. Hopefully we can get some good OOC games lined up for next year!!!:hyped:

TheBisonator
November 14th, 2006, 11:31 PM

Don't you EVER call us "North Dakota" again.

Bison05
November 14th, 2006, 11:36 PM

Take it easy, so he made a mistake, dont jump all over him. This is why our fans are starting to get a bad name.:nonono2:

Peems
November 14th, 2006, 11:43 PM

i understand where you are coming from. i can only imagine if someone called us "montana state":eek:

TheBisonator
November 14th, 2006, 11:49 PM
i understand where you are coming from. i can only imagine if someone called us "montana state":eek:

That's what I told a Griz fan in the "Smack" thread.

I started a topic about it over there.

(And no, I'm not one of those few arrogant, whiny Bison fans)

blur2005
November 15th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I just don't think Towson will beat JMU. I know the Dukes have to be upset coming off the last-minute-or-two loss to Villanova and will come out fired up.

ASU Kep
November 15th, 2006, 02:00 AM
CCU vs. CSU is a huge game with playoff implications as well...I say CCU will win in uncharacteristic fashion (i.e. not at the last second) and be packing their bags this time next week for a trip up here to Boone.

Go Apps
November 15th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Upsets Abound!

Maine 17 N Hamp 14

JMU 31 Towson 28

Montana 28 Montana St 27

S Ill 41 S Utah 20

Lafayette 27 Lehigh 24

NDST 31 SDST 21

Bobcat in NC
November 15th, 2006, 07:39 AM

You should be so lucky...

AppGuy04
November 15th, 2006, 07:48 AM
ILS @ UNI

Only important for one team

McNeese72
November 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM

LOL! Reminds me of before the 97 McNeese-Montana first round game. The first round of tickets printed had Montana St. on them. When I saw that, I went up to the ticket office and I told them I hoped they haven't mailed any of them up to Montana, yet. Because calling them Montana St. was like someone calling us USL....uh....ULL.....UL whatever the hell the call themselves now a days (Louisiana-Lafayette). They got the message and I think the second batch printed was right.

Doc

TSU84returntoglory
November 15th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Every time we get a little momentum - "league road wins" - we come home to crickets at the U - "league home losses". We're road warriors, but gracious hosts. I just don't know what team will show up. We'll be without one RB (McClaude), which will make our ground game even more anemic. :( But, the D, with some shake-ups and the return of Bradford (LB), turned in a stellar effort at Richmond last week. Then again, the Spiders were on the downward spiral. I look for Schaeffer to have a great game - if the O-line can protect him. Win and we may still not be in. :confused: Either way, the Dukes appear to be a lock. "Do you believe in miracles?" Tigers 31-21. :hurray:

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Take it easy, so he made a mistake, dont jump all over him. This is why our fans are starting to get a bad name.:nonono2:

lol, chill out, 'sok

I suppose Nicholls State has about as much of a chance with McNeese as Southern Utah has with SIU...McNeese by 20

Illinois State is a lock no matter what happens now and UNI is most likely out no matter what.

CopperCat
November 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM
You should be so lucky...

As lucky as this:

MSU 24
UM 13

siugrad99
November 15th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Montana beats MSU... Shouldn't have taken it in the rear to a D2 after beating a D1 or this game would only be for a home game instead of a playoff berth for you

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 15th, 2006, 11:47 PM
SACKS BY G Sacks Yards
------------------------------------
James Madison....... 10 44 297

1st in the A10

SACKS AGAINST G Sacks Yards
------------------------------------
Towson.............. 10 34 217

12th in the A10

Its going to be a long day for Sean Schaeffer

JMU 42 Towson 20