PDA

View Full Version : 2015 ETSU Schedule Announced (first year back in football)

Millser
December 18th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Post: #33 (http://csnbbs.com/thread-694430-post-11560328.html#pid11560328)
RE: 2015 ETSU Football Schedule
2015 ETSU Football Schedule

Date Opponent Location

Thursday, Sept. 3 Kennesaw State Home

Thursday, Sept. 10 Maryville College Home

Saturday, Sept. 19 @Charleston Southern Charleston, S.C.

Saturday, Sept. 26 Emory & Henry Home

Saturday, Oct. 3 St. Francis Home

Saturday, Oct. 17 @Mercer Macon, Ga.

Saturday, Oct. 31 Warner Home

Saturday, Nov. 7 @Robert Morris Pittsburgh, Pa.

Saturday, Nov. 14 @Gardner-Webb Boiling Springs, N.C.

Saturday, Nov. 21 College of Faith Home

citdog
December 18th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Well year two will be a whole lot tougher. Have two first year programs ever opened with each other before?

catamount man
December 18th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Post: #33 (http://csnbbs.com/thread-694430-post-11560328.html#pid11560328)
RE: 2015 ETSU Football Schedule
2015 ETSU Football Schedule

Date Opponent Location

Thursday, Sept. 3 Kennesaw State Home

Thursday, Sept. 10 Maryville College Home

Saturday, Sept. 19 @Charleston Southern Charleston, S.C.

Saturday, Sept. 26 Emory & Henry Home

Saturday, Oct. 3 St. Francis Home

Saturday, Oct. 17 @Mercer Macon, Ga.

Saturday, Oct. 31 Warner Home

Saturday, Nov. 7 @Robert Morris Pittsburgh, Pa.

Saturday, Nov. 14 @Gardner-Webb Boiling Springs, N.C.

Saturday, Nov. 21 College of Faith Home

Good mix. 6 FCS teams to see where they measure up. Warner is NAIA, E&H and Maryville are d3 and COF isn't NCAA or NAIA. ETSU will win that one by 60 plus. Welcome back Bucs!

citdog
December 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Looks about as tough as a patriot league schedule.

catamount man
December 18th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Eh, we can't all schedule Davidson :D

citdog
December 18th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Eh, we can't all schedule Davidson :D

Bro davidson deserves a whipping by one of the 1930's members of the SoCon badly. We'll be the ones who get to give it to them.

kdinva
December 18th, 2014, 07:46 PM

xlolx xslapfightx

catamount man
December 18th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Bro davidson deserves a whipping by one of the 1930's members of the SoCon badly. We'll be the ones who get to give it to them. Oh I agree. NAIL THEM!

chattanoogamocs
December 18th, 2014, 08:14 PM
ETSU's first schedule back is actually tougher than I thought it would be.

catamount man
December 18th, 2014, 08:17 PM
ETSU's first schedule back is actually tougher than I thought it would be. Agreed. I expected some d2 schools such as Brevard and Mars Hill.

chattanoogamocs
December 18th, 2014, 08:20 PM
This schedule also sets them up very nicely with a lot of DI home games in 2016.

catamount man
December 18th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I know my CATS go to Johnson City in 2016. Starting that year, Western's socon slate will be on the road at Mercer, ETSU, Samford and Furman and home with UTC, The Citadel, Wofford and VMI, alternating of course each year.

ETSUfan1
December 18th, 2014, 08:30 PM
A couple of things:

As I understand it, we had to play more than 50% of our games against DI opponents. That must be a rule?

The only return games that I know of are St Francis and Mercer (conference). The rest are one offs.

ElCid
December 18th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Well year two will be a whole lot tougher. Have two first year programs ever opened with each other before?

Interesting factoid maybe. I think not. Some first year teams have played each other in the first year, but I could not find any that played each other the first game. Good stump the dummy question down the line.

Sandlapper Spike
December 18th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Mercer and Reinhardt opened with each other last season.

Of course, technically Mercer and ETSU aren't "first year programs".

bonarae
December 18th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Oh. Looks tougher on the final schedule. College of Faith AGAIN? The dreaded school is on our "taboo" list... xpeacex

chattanoogamocs
December 19th, 2014, 01:23 AM
A couple of things:

As I understand it, we had to play more than 50% of our games against DI opponents. That must be a rule?

The only return games that I know of are St Francis and Mercer (conference). The rest are one offs.

I figured there would be a lot more Pioneer League "DI" teams instead of actual scholarship teams (and obviously, GWU and CSU are pretty decent to good programs).

So none of the games against Chas Sou, RMU, and G-Webb are coming to JC? That sucks.

It would be a sweet home schedule if y'all had gotten 2 of the 3 above to play in addition to the 4 SoCon games.

I don't know if the Mocs will be home or away for 2016...but I will be there no matter what, home or away...I wouldn't miss it. I just hope UTC scores 68 on you guys, been waiting over a decade to see the Mocs get a chance to even ledger up from that last game. ;)

rokamortis
December 19th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Oh. Looks tougher on the final schedule. College of Faith AGAIN? The dreaded school is on our "taboo" list... xpeacex

I thought it was a pretty decent looking schedule with the only obvious problem school being the College of Faith.

I wish CSU and GWU wouldn't have scheduled this game though, have 2 start-up programs in the same season isn't great.

rokamortis
December 19th, 2014, 03:23 AM
A couple of things:

Seems like Kennesaw would have been a great home and home deal for both schools. Hell, I probably would have made that a 4 year deal.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2014, 03:57 AM
I wish Georgia State was on the schedule. xlolx

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2014, 07:53 AM
College of Faith should be a red flag on any schedule. There has to be school somewhere that needs to fill an open date...

http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=18

bonarae
December 19th, 2014, 08:57 AM
College of Faith should be a red flag on any schedule. There has to be school somewhere that needs to fill an open date...

And most of these schools in the list play in a well-known association. (NCAA, NAIA)

UNH Fanboi
December 19th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I wish Georgia State was on the schedule. xlolx

GSU is still scarred from the Lambuth (RIP) debacle.

chattanoogamocs
December 19th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Seems like Kennesaw would have been a great home and home deal for both schools. Hell, I probably would have made that a 4 year deal.

Kennesaw State is a home and home.

The two-year series will shift to Kennesaw State’s Fifth Third Bank Stadium the following year when the Owls host the Buccaneers on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016.

https://web.kennesaw.edu/news/stories/kennesaw-state-play-east-tennessee-state-first-football-game

longtimemocfan
December 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Didn't get to see how ETSU recruited last year. I know Kennesaw St. just because we were recruiting some of the same players did rather well. Start up programs can either struggle or recruit rather well initially.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 19th, 2014, 01:01 PM

Except the fact that the Patriot League schedules an all-Division I football schedule, something the SoCon ought to try sometime.

ETSUfan1
December 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Yes KSU is a home and home. I totally forgot about them.

JSUBison
December 19th, 2014, 10:03 PM
I live about hour and a half or so from ETSU. I'm going to get to that game against Kennesaw State, not everyday you get to see two brand new teams square off in their first game. Good scheduling by ETSU and Kennesaw on that one.

citdog
December 20th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Except the fact that the Patriot League schedules an all-Division I football schedule, something the SoCon ought to try sometime.

if only the palsy league was closer! then we could schedule our season openers against y'all..

Crimson Crow
December 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM

Absolutely, scheduling this "school" is a joke. They are also affiliated with another "school" University of Faith in Florida. Any school that has either of these two "schools" need to get new AD's.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM
As an ETSU alumnus, I am somewhat pleased with the schedule. The "school" that jumps out at me is College of Faith. I was hoping they would schedule some more DI opponents but it is what it is. That being said, this is my educated guess on how next season will play out.

Thursday, Sept. 3 Kennesaw State - WIN - Bucs start first season back with a win against former conference mates
Thursday, Sept. 10 Maryville College - WIN - Bucs move to 2-0 against the Scots.
Saturday, Sept. 19 @Charleston Southern - LOSS - This isn't your father's Chuck South. They're coached by Jamey Chadwell (ETSU alum).
Saturday, Sept. 26 Emory & Henry - WIN - Bucs bounce back with win against local opponent.
Saturday, Oct. 3 St. Francis - WIN - This will be a close one but I think the Bucs pull this one out.
Saturday, Oct. 17 @Mercer - LOSS - Bucs get a taste of their conference future.
Saturday, Oct. 31 Warner - WIN - Bucs take down the Warner Brothers.
Saturday, Nov. 7 @Robert Morris - WIN - Bucs win their first road game.
Saturday, Nov. 14 @Gardner-Webb - LOSS - Bulldogs get the best of the Bucs.
Saturday, Nov. 21 College of Faith - WIN - Beatdown of the Week. That is all.

In all, I believe seven wins would be the ceiling for this team. I will be shocked if they go undefeated next season. Next season will be a success if we get a winning record, which I believe is truly possible.

dgtw
December 22nd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Even though they are a first year program, they should avoid a joke team like COF.

kdinva
December 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
GSU is still scarred from the Lambuth (RIP) debacle.

that's gonna leave a mark....xslapfightx

kdinva
December 22nd, 2014, 02:14 PM
....I don't know if the Mocs will be home or away for 2016....

My theory is that the SoCon teams that had only 3 Conf. home games in 2014 (VMI included), will host ETSU in 2016 (to make it a 4/4 balance).....