PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stitt Announced as New Coach at Montana

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2014, 03:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5APcw-CUAAaBU1.jpg

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121614aaf.html

Bob Stitt has been selected to serve as the University of Montana's 36th head football coach, announced UM's Director of Athletics Kent Haslam today (Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014).
Stitt has been the head coach at the Colorado School of Mines the past 15 seasons, where he has compiled an overall record of 108-62 and has a conference mark of 83-44. His 2014 Orediggers team went 10-2 and qualified for the NCAA Division II football playoffs.

He's keeping our Defensive Coordinator, Ty Gregorak, our Defensive line coach, Lawrence Suiaunoa, and our Strength and Conditioning coach, Chad Germer.

Welcome Coach! xthumbsupx

SUPharmacist
December 16th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Glad to see a coach in place for Montana. How is this going over with the fanbase? Do people seem happy about the hire?

Cleets
December 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Glad to see a coach in place for Montana. How is this going over with the fanbase? Do people seem happy about the hire?

Montana needs an offense... and Stitt runs a zany one
and the defense stays - so my guess is folks will be pleased

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Welcome aboard coach. Not sure how I feel about some of the holdovers but if he thinks it's worth rolling with then I sure as hell can't argue it with the man. I expect he will do very good things at UM and wish him all the best while at my lovely school.

Welcome to the table.

http://www.adirondackwildlife.org/bear-table.jpg

Let's dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkFSR-6UQY

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2014, 03:34 PM
What is his zany offense?

Cleets
December 16th, 2014, 03:39 PM
What is his zany offense?

I saw one video clip with 5 wide-outs lined up three in a triangle on one side and two stacked on the other...
then the next play he had two tight ends on the same side of the formation one in the slot

that and the old stand by "read option" stuff thrown in for good measure

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Seems like most all Griz fans are thrilled.

The only people who are disappointed are ones that wanted Bobby Hauck back.

He's extremely well regarded around the country (apparently) by a bunch of FBS coaches as an offensive mind. I think we made a great hire here, especially if we're keeping Gregorak, Leggi and Green. Those three were our best recruiters, so we probably won't lose many of our (so far) outstanding class of recruits this year.

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I saw one video clip with 5 wide-outs lined up three in a triangle on one side and two stacked on the other...
then the next play he had two tight ends on the same side of the formation one in the slot

that and the old stand by "read option" stuff thrown in for good measure

It'll be interesting to see how it translates to FCS. Hopefully we have some patsy in our first game to test it ou...wait. NDSU? *gulp*

Cleets
December 16th, 2014, 06:26 PM
It'll be interesting to see how it translates to FCS. Hopefully we have some patsy in our first game to test it ou...wait. NDSU? *gulp*

He runs some complicated formations... so the Griz won't be able to have dumb as a box of rocks receivers (*Ahem... cough No. 7 )

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM
He runs some complicated formations... so the Griz won't be able to have dumb as a box of rocks receivers (*Ahem... cough No. 7 )

Henderson? Seriously?

hebmskebm
December 16th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Part of his innovation stemmed from the fact that he had to do more with less at Colorado Mines (school has strong academic requirements and play in a conference that caps scholarships well below the DII limit, though that didn't stop Colorado Pueblo from beating Sam Houston)

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Part of his innovation stemmed from the fact that he had to do more with less at Colorado Mines (school has strong academic requirements and play in a conference that caps scholarships well below the DII limit, though that didn't stop Colorado Pueblo from beating Sam Houston)

that is the breeding ground for success

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2014, 08:25 PM
He speaks at one back offensive seminars and is credited with the fly sweep move that WVU used to hang 70 on Clemson a couple years ago.

As some have said, he has spent his time at Mines trying to figure out how to out scheme more talented teams.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
December 16th, 2014, 08:26 PM
He's keeping our Defensive Coordinator, Ty Gregorak, our Defensive line coach, Lawrence Suiaunoa, and our Strength and Conditioning coach, Chad Germer.

Chad Germer isn't the strength coach, he's Montana's 2-time former O-Line coach (1998-02, 2009). He also started at center for the Griz from 1989-91.

He went to UNLV with Hauck…

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Chad Germer isn't the strength coach, he's Montana's 2-time former O-Line coach (1998-02, 2009). He also started at center for the Griz from 1989-91.

I would have thought with Gragg being a former NFL player, his knowledge would have translated to coaching, but apparently not. Excited to see what Germer will do.

2015 The Year of the Griz

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2014, 10:18 PM

I thought he was conditioning coach most recently? Or am I thinking of someone else?

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I thought he was conditioning coach most recently? Or am I thinking of someone else?

The REAL question is if he still has that scorching hot wife.

2015 The Year of the Griz

mvemjsunpx
December 16th, 2014, 10:47 PM

I'm guessing you're thinking of Mike Gerber, the strength coach under Hauck.

uofmman1122
December 16th, 2014, 10:57 PM
I'm guessing you're thinking of Mike Gerber, the strength coach under Hauck.
Yup, that's it. My bad.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2014, 08:49 AM

Should be interesting with NDSU having to reload much of our defense next year.

Dane96
December 17th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Stitt's a good guy. Family in Colorado has met him at outings numerous times. Albany's DC (who is leaving for Penn this year) was the Associate Head Coach and DC for Stitt the year before he came to Albany (GTown old head coach). He was a passionate guy, and pretty good with the X's and O's. If Stitt likes the holdovers, I think he's pretty much doing it for both continuity (recruiting) and because he believes the cupboard is not bare for a coaching standpoint.