PDA

View Full Version : Final four

Catsfan90
December 16th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I had an interesting question I've been pondering lately, and I wanted to find out how everyone else felt:

Obviously we all know that the FBS chooses their final four based off of who they feel are the top four teams at the end of the year by way of a committee vote. This obviously differs greatly from how the FCS does it. Do you feel as though hand selecting the final four is the better way of deciding who the best final four teams are? Or do you feel as though our method correctly arrives at the proper final four?

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Obviously 2 of these 4 would've been in. I think Illinois State should have been top 4. Obviously SHSU would not be here.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Obviously 2 of these 4 would've been in. I think Illinois State should have been top 4. Obviously SHSU would not be here.

I would have given the final four to UNH, ISUr, NDSU, and EWU.

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I would have given the final four to UNH, ISUr, NDSU, and EWU.

UNH vs EWU and ISUr Vs NDSU?

Bisonator
I like the PO format better. Settle it on the field. These are the 4 best teams right now. Doesn't matter who the 4 best were 4 weeks ago.

Yote 53
Obviously the method is incorrect. If it were the correct way to do things then there would have been 4 MVFC teams in the finals.

Actually, the process is correct it was the seeding that was suspect. The Committee sets up second round matchup between NDSU/SDSU & IllSt/UNI. Move SDSU & UNI to the other side of the field and the final 4 probably would have ended up NDSU, SDSU, UNI, IllSt. As it was, the Committee overloaded one side of the bracket with 4 MVFC teams and left IndSt alone on the other side of the bracket to have to play a second round road game in order to advance. Didn't even put a MVFC team in one quarter of the bracket in order to guarantee 4 MVFC teams wouldn't reach the Final 4.

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Obviously the method is incorrect. If it were the correct way to do things then there would have been 4 MVFC teams in the finals.

Actually, the process is correct it was the seeding that was suspect. The Committee sets up second round matchup between NDSU/SDSU & IllSt/UNI. Move SDSU & UNI to the other side of the field and the final 4 probably would have ended up NDSU, SDSU, UNI, IllSt. As it was, the Committee overloaded one side of the bracket with 4 MVFC teams and left IndSt alone on the other side of the bracket to have to play a second round road game in order to advance. Didn't even put a MVFC team in one quarter of the bracket in order to guarantee 4 MVFC teams wouldn't reach the Final 4.

Christ, here we go again....

Yote 53
December 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I missed out on all the other discussions, haven't been here in a while. Has this been discussed before?

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I missed out on all the other discussions, haven't been here in a while. Has this been discussed before?

Just a little...

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Dude, you know the beating a dead horse joke?

Yeah, you just dropped 3 Nuclear Weapons on the horse after it had been dead and buried for 5 years.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM

We've missed you and have been looking forward to your tales of sweeping thru the MVFC this year. Please do tell! xlolx

Yote 53
December 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Well, it is kind of obvious how the playoff brackets were rigged.

Guess that's enough on that topic.

Yote 53
December 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM
We've missed you and have been looking forward to your tales of sweeping thru the MVFC this year. Please do tell! xlolx

Dude, that wasn't me. I doubt we win a conference game next season. Ahh, what the heck, I bet we win 3.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 12:32 PM
UNH vs EWU and ISUr Vs NDSU?

No particular order although with seeding 1-4 it would probably have worked out like that. I'd still put NDSU at 2 against #3 ISUr I guess.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Dude, that wasn't me. I doubt we win a conference game next season. Ahh, what the heck, I bet we win 3.

Sorry man. Wonder what happened to that Nostradamus....

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Fairly certain that EVERY yote poster that comes here will be asked if he was the one claiming USD to win the Valley. It'll be great.

MR. CHICKEN
December 16th, 2014, 01:10 PM

20332.....JES' KIDDIN' RIGHT.......xconfusedx...xlolxxlolx...BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2014, 01:22 PM
For me it would've been NDSU, UNH, JSU, and Villanova. ISUr and EWU would've been my first two out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 01:26 PM
For me it would've been NDSU, UNH, JSU, and Villanova. ISUr and EWU would've been my first two out.

I wouldn't put Jacksonville in there. ISUr had a way better resume.

Sycamore62
December 16th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I've been LOL'n since post #7

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2014, 03:46 PM
It's easy to look back and remove JSU.

clenz
December 16th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Fairly certain that EVERY yote poster that comes here will be asked if he was the one claiming USD to win the Valley. It'll be great.
There's more than 3?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

clenz
December 16th, 2014, 05:07 PM
It's easy to look back and remove JSU.
It was pretty easy to look a head a couple weeks ago and do that too....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 06:49 PM
It was pretty easy to look a head a couple weeks ago and do that too....

I was absolutely not sold on them and they did not disappoint

Hammerhead
December 16th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Dude, you know the beating a dead horse joke?

Yeah, you just dropped 3 Nuclear Weapons on the horse after it had been dead and buried for 5 years.

Well, maybe he just tried to blow up the dead horse (whale) with dynamite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgThvB_IDQ

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2014, 11:25 PM

xbowxxbowx:D:D

Bisonwinagn
December 16th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I would just use the GPI and stop all the nonsense of using a committee.

citdog
December 17th, 2014, 12:00 AM

Post of the year

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2014, 12:06 AM

"Huge chunks of whale blubber fell everywhere."

All I got to say is if I saw a whale get dynamited, I'd be in shock and awe

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Bwahahahahah. That's so awesomely stupid it's hilarious.

clenz
December 17th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I was absolutely not sold on them and they did not disappoint
I will admit I had them overrated, using 20/20 in my final poll submission, but never believed they really were a final 4 team

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Since the brackets are designed by a committee, we may actually be beating a dead camel.