PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Tickets

Redbird Recon
December 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Has anyone been unable to get a ticket since the game moved to Texas?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Has anyone been unable to get a ticket since the game moved to Texas?

MplsBison but only because he's lazy. You will not have a problem getting a ticket if you work hard enough.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
If NDSU is playing, it sells out.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
No. I have had a ticket to every NC except EWU v Delaware, which I did not try to get a ticket.

Redbird Recon
December 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM
How many tickets do the schools get?

Twentysix
December 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM
4000?

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM
How many tickets do the schools get?

I thought each school gets about 4000 tickets. Then the rest of the tickets are on sale through the NCAA website. The NCAA pulled a nice trick last year and sold 3 year ticket packages and a lot of NDSU fans bought them. The big draw to the 3 year package was that you could get your seats 1 week or so before the single-season tickets went on sale.

Dewey

Redbird Recon
December 15th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I guess a better question: Has any non-Bison fan not been able to get a ticket?

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Yes, just check with the AD at your school. Also, stubhub....but you will pay a premium.

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 10:16 AM

There may have been some SHSU fans that couldn't get tickets in 2011 or 2012 but I do not know for sure. I would strongly encourage any fan of a team that makes it to the National Championship game to do whatever they can to get a ticket and make the trip. The first year my tickets cost me about $160 each but watching NDSU win their first FCS Championship was worth it.

Dewey

gumby013
December 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I thought each school gets about 4000 tickets. Then the rest of the tickets are on sale through the NCAA website. The NCAA pulled a nice trick last year and sold 3 year ticket packages and a lot of NDSU fans bought them. The big draw to the 3 year package was that you could get your seats 1 week or so before the single-season tickets went on sale.

Dewey

Also, the 3-year tickets look all fancy.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_2057.jpg

Redbird Recon
December 15th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Subtract students and UNI fans, we didn't get 4k at a home playoff game.
4k should be more than enough for Illinois State.

Sammy94
December 15th, 2014, 10:45 AM
If Sam wins this weekend, there will be plenty of tickets available.

gumby013
December 15th, 2014, 10:49 AM

I'm going regardless.

BisonFan02
December 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM
No worries if your school cannot sell out their allotment ala Towson last year. Redbird fans would get "first dibs", and then they get released....where hopefully Bison fans get to buy them again. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2014, 10:58 AM
No worries if your school cannot sell out their allotment ala Towson last year. Redbird fans would get "first dibs", and then they get released....where hopefully Bison fans get to buy them again. :D

That's where I got mine.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I believe each school only gets 3k, it was 4k the first year and then when they put in those 3 year packages they removed 2k tickets total from the school allotments.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

dewey
December 15th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I believe each school only gets 3k, it was 4k the first year and then when they put in those 3 year packages they removed 2k tickets total from the school allotments.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Didn't the 3 year ticket package start last year?

Dewey

gumby013
December 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Didn't the 3 year ticket package start last year?

Dewey

Correct, this is the second year of those packages.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I'm going regardless.

Me too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I have 4 tickets already but still plan on going even if NDSU doesn't make it.

Last year I was on the 50 yard line in the Towson section....it was awesome!!

Daytripper
December 15th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I went to the two SHSU appearances and it was a blast. I will go every year from now on, regardless of who plays.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Some advice about looking for these on the secondary market is wait until after the new year before buying. Even with the demand NDSU and SHSU fans have generated the last couple years prices take a nose dive when you get within a week of the game. There's a lot of online scalpers who see this game as a potential opportunity but I don't think a lot of them realize that unless you have two teams that will show very well down in Frisco like NDSU and SHSU the demand isn't there, even if one of those teams (like will happen this year) does make it. I know its tough to wait but it'll save you a lot in the end.

TheRevSFA
December 15th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I went for the first NDSU and Sam match. Had tix for the second and ended up missing due to illness

think I'm gonna make the trip up this year

Htownbearkat
December 15th, 2014, 04:38 PM
The 2 years we were there tickets were hard to come by and expensive for the two weeks following the semis. Then mysteriously they got cheaper and cheaper. By game time you could of gotten a free one in the parking lot. same as it ever was.

taper
December 15th, 2014, 07:56 PM

Which will quickly be eaten up by SHSU fans. Frisco is going to have a good day no matter who wins on Friday.

Flash Seats work really nice for buying, they're etickets so you just swipe your credit card at the gate and you get in. Nearly instant transfer of tickets so you can literally wait until just after the kickoff, grab a cheap ticket from the scalper leftovers with a phone app and walk in the gate. I saw plenty of paper tickets for sale outside the stadium the last 3 years too.

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Does the loser have to give their MVFC champion ring back?

centennial
December 15th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Went to the second NC game. Took Friday off drove all day. Got there at 11PM, tailgated for a couple of hours before the game. Then drove back Sunday. I don't think I can do that again. Probably go to a watch party this year.
On topic you can get SRO tickets at $40ish easily. There were plenty of scalpers outside as well.

WWII
December 15th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I walked up to the gate and bought 2 on the 35 yard line, 20 minutes to kickoff last year.