PDA

View Full Version : Top Teams returning players for 2007

Ronbo
November 14th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Lot's of speculation as to where the top teams will end up this year. One thing is sure they are all very good teams. If you have a 9-1 team or a 8-2 or 7-3 team how many starters back next year? Post your record and how many guys are back next year.

9-1 Montana has:

9 starters back on Offense.
8 starters back on Defense.

Both kickers back.

Bison05
November 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM
9-1 NDSU has:

7 starters returning on Offense
8 starters returning on Defense

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Can't this wait till December 16?

Montana plays it's biggest game of the year Saturday, as does Lafayette... I'm not even thinking 2007...

Ronbo
November 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM
No but don't you think it's interesting to see which top 20 teams will be back strong again next year too?

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2006, 11:25 AM
No but don't you think it's interesting to see which top 20 teams will be back strong again next year too?

Yeah.. it's very interesting.. I'm just trying to cram in the facts about big games this weekend.

GrizFoo
November 14th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Griz WRs back: Allen, Bagely, Chambers, and everyone else, including some young guys who will be much improved.
Griz RBs back: Lex, Brooks-Fletcher, Bradshaw, Coleman

Muua'ha'ha'ha.

McNeese75
November 14th, 2006, 11:52 AM
10 starters returning on offense (18 of the 2 deep)
5 starters returning on defense (14 of the 2 deep)

McNeese platoons players so the 2 and even 3 deep players get significant playing time :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2006, 12:03 PM
SHSU:
7 returning on offense (18 of two deep)
4 returning on defense (14 of two deep)

Keep in mind, SHSU will get the services of transfer Rhett Bomar and more than likely, a nice slew of transfers from JUCO and I-A due to two years of Bomar...presumably, though not a guarantee...

Ronbo
November 14th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about getting JD Quinn for the O-Line. That would make 9 returning Montana starters on Offense and 1 returning Oklahoma starter.:rotateh:

GrizFoo
November 14th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about getting JD Quinn for the O-Line. That would make 9 returning Montana starters on Offense and 1 returning Oklahoma starter.:rotateh:

Ooohhhh yah! Offensively we loose 2 OL and a QB, but with JD Quinn coming in, we really only loose a QB. But will have a QB who has started for half a year, and a game this year.

Defensively the only position hurt at all by graduation will be DE (Murphy and Dlouhy) The rest of the losses already have guys ahead of them, or are not significantly if better at all than the guys behind them.

The Griz platoon the hell out of their D. Heck, they've even been platooning to the 3rd string guys in some cases.

Is the I-AA overall depth of talent improving..or is it just me?

That is why I wish the Griz would schedule a bunch of tough games next year...because it will be the year of the Grizzlies...and given that in 2008 they will have to replace a isht load of guys and it will be very had to predict how good they will be that year.

Canyoncat
November 14th, 2006, 01:23 PM
For Montana State
7 Starters on Offense with 8 others who have starting experience and another 3 with exstensive playing time.

7 Starters on Defense with 3 others with starting experience and 6 others with exstensive playing time.

Looks real good for next year.

Ronbo
November 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Ooohhhh yah! Offensively we loose 2 OL and a QB, but with JD Quinn coming in, we really only loose a QB. But will have a QB who has started for half a year, and a game this year.

Defensively the only position hurt at all by graduation will be DE (Murphy and Dlouhy) The rest of the losses already have guys ahead of them, or are not significantly if better at all than the guys behind them.

The Griz platoon the hell out of their D. Heck, they've even been platooning to the 3rd string guys in some cases.

Is the I-AA overall depth of talent improving..or is it just me?

That is why I wish the Griz would schedule a bunch of tough games next year...because it will be the year of the Grizzlies...and given that in 2008 they will have to replace a isht load of guys and it will be very had to predict how good they will be that year.

Wells has been hurt almost the entire season. So I count Hillesland as a starter. That means we lose one O-Line starter, Marshall.

Jackluv
November 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM
NAU loses an OT and a QB on offense (pretty good for the top offense in the big sky)

and

a NG and 2 LBs and a SS

FUPlayer74
November 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Furman loses 7 off its 44 two deep, and returns both kickers.

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2006, 05:44 PM
FYI here at ASU it doesn't matter how many we lose.........all we do is dip into Charlotte and SC, then reload.

But I think we are losing 4 on defense, 2 on offense and THE kicker is intact as well. If we win it this year we got the team to go for three.

appfan2008
November 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Ill second that APP will be great next year, we have all americans returning on both sides of the ball next year with Corey Lynch and Kevin Richardson. Our offense will be stellar with nearly everyone coming back and improving like Edwards at QB. D-Line will be a little rough though.

fuEMO
November 14th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Ill second that APP will be great next year, we have all americans returning on both sides of the ball next year with Corey Lynch and Kevin Richardson. Our offense will be stellar with nearly everyone coming back and improving like Edwards at QB. D-Line will be a little rough though.

The SoCon championship will go through Furman next year.

Felton, Gray, Gipson all return, 18 total return off two-deep offense.
Jones, Brown, and Thacker will lead 19 returning off the two-deep defense.
Add into the mix a talented redshirt class. And I think Furman should be a pre-season top 5 in 2007.